Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,314 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:15 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1314323 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
Sweetdoct247:

I have an HP G60 laptop. When I press the on button, the LED light comes on, the DVD light flickers, the fan spins like a top but nothing shows on the screen. It's inconsistent. Sometimes I can press the button once and everything comes up normally and works just fine. Other times I have to turn it off and on 20 times. Sometimes I just give up. I did a complete restore with restore disc. No change. I did the BIOS reset, no change. The funny thing is that those times it eventually comes up, after booting up completely and I start to think all is good I suddenly get a blue screen that either says something about IRQL NOT EQUAL or something about win32k.sys (I dont remember the exact sentence). However if I succeed in booting up into safe mode everything works just fine with no BSOD at all. I've even re installed the OS but still no change. This is simply beyond me and any advice will be profundly appreciated. I run a vista home premium OS. Processor is AMD Athlon and ram is 3gig

the fact that it works fine in safe mode it mean it is a software problem but what doesnt make sense is that you did a restore and re-installion still no change

did you do a full reformat when re-installed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mosesonuh: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
that is great
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tbank2: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
House l mean toshiba drivers pentium3 mini laptor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xammy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
my window 7 is asking for KEY and i don't have it. i have 25 days more. pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by liekanes: 12:51am On Oct 21, 2010
hello forum,

thanks for the good work, i have a laptop dell d610 latitude when i plug my mtn fastlink in the usb port it not detecting the modem and later i now that the drivers for the ports are out of date so want i asking now what is the latest formatting software in town now (i.e bootable CD Microsoft window) i use 2005 edition when i am formatting it.

is there 2010 formatting software or a way i can get the latest driver for the usb port?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2010
hello forum,

Please my Hp Probook 4515s with Window 7 is giving me problem, the issue is, i started noticing a crack voice in the speaker whenever am playing a song, pls what can i do to correct this, the sound is not pleasing at all, because the sound is like the bass is much or the speaker has teared,

, anybody with solution pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 8:15am On Oct 21, 2010
xammy:

my window 7 is asking for KEY and i don't have it. i have 25 days more. pls help

You need to contact an engineer, he will help you re install another valid one on the system but let the engineer help you copy your files and other docs because he may need to format it, good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calddon(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2010
Saylawchar:

hello forum,

Please my Hp Probook 4515s with Window 7 is giving me problem, the issue is, i started noticing a crack voice in the speaker whenever am playing a song, pls what can i do to correct this, the sound is not pleasing at all, because the sound is like the bass is much or the speaker has teared,

check the driver you used to drive your laptop sound. The same thing i noticed but solved it by updatin d driver for the sound.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oweniwe(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2010
A beg make una bail me out o. Anytime i play any disk with my laptop, a notification which says "problem with shortcut: duekuuf exe is missing" would appear. Sometimes "duekuuf scr" would be the missing shortcut. I've scanned all nook and cranny of the laptop with both avast and AVG anti virus but they didn't detect any virus. The laptop is a compaq presario cq 40-15TU on vista ultimate. What do i do to get rid of duekuuf?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
welldone guys,,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
calddon:

check the driver you used to drive your laptop sound. The same thing i noticed but solved it by updatin d driver for the sound.

I have tried to update the sound driver but the message i get each i try it is, your sound driver is up-to-date, or you have the latest driver for this device. Please what else can i do? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2010
Tbank2:

House l mean toshiba drivers pentium3 mini laptor

there you go

put details of your model and it will give you all the drivers

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2241926&rpn=PSLB8U&modelFilter=L305-S5918&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
liekanes:

hello forum,

thanks for the good work, i have a laptop dell d610 latitude when i plug my mtn fastlink in the usb port it not detecting the modem and later i now that the drivers for the ports are out of date so want i asking now what is the latest formatting software in town now (i.e bootable CD Microsoft window) i use 2005 edition when i am formatting it.

is there 2010 formatting software or a way i can get the latest driver for the usb port?.

all you need is to go on dell web site under downloads you will find latest modem drivers for your pc

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=anavml
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
calddon:

try these codes

http://www.free-codecs.com/Vista_Codec_Package_download.htm

download the top one 5.8.4
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2010
liekanes:

hello forum,

you are best i aint busy today

all the drivers below
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D610&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kizi: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
I kept receiving the message below each time I tried to plug-in device in to my USB Hub:

'USB Device Not Recognized.
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunction and windows does not recognize it, for assistance in solving this problem, click this message '

I have tried resolving this problem online yet no solution.

Another problem is I tried switching my laptop on this evening and the screen refuses to turn on after much try I decided to use 'F1' button on boot then the screen was on. This is the first time I am encountering such problem with my laptop.

Note: Packard Bell .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
kizi:

I kept receiving the message below each time I tried to plug-in device in to my USB Hub:

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunction and windows does not recognize it, for assistance in solving this problem, click this message '

Another problem is I tried switching my laptop on this evening and the screen refuses to turn on after much try I decided to use 'F1' button on boot then the screen was on. This is the first time I am encountering such problem with my laptop

what device are pugging in using the USB port ? DEVICE can be anything from printer to camera

what did you do after the screen turn on after using F1 ?did you try to turn it on again the normal way and what happened
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kizi: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

what device are pugging in using the USB port ? DEVICE can be anything from printer to camera

what did you do after the screen turn on after using F1 ?did you try to turn it on again the normal way and what happened

I turned it on the normal way and it worked!
I plug a USB-stick and a camera, before this problem I use same devices on same laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kizi: 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hi ZIM DRILL,
My laptop is Packard Bell.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2010
kizi:

I turned it on the normal way and it worked!
I plug a USB-stick and a camera, before this problem I use same devices on same laptop.

normally usb stick should just open without needing a driver

for the camera it depends some camera can open without its software when say open i mean it will show the memory card inside the camera
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
Sweetdoct247:

I have an HP G60 laptop. When I press the on button, the LED light comes on, the DVD light flickers, the fan spins like a top but nothing shows on the screen. It's inconsistent. Sometimes I can press the button once and everything comes up normally and works just fine. Other times I have to turn it off and on 20 times. Sometimes I just give up. I did a complete restore with restore disc. No change. I did the BIOS reset, no change. The funny thing is that those times it eventually comes up, after booting up completely and I start to think all is good I suddenly get a blue screen that either says something about IRQL NOT EQUAL or something about win32k.sys (I dont remember the exact sentence). However if I succeed in booting up into safe mode everything works just fine with no BSOD at all. I've even re installed the OS but still no change. This is simply beyond me and any advice will be profundly appreciated. I run a vista home premium OS. Processor is AMD Athlon and ram is 3gig

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like to add to what Technician ZIM DRILL has said.
IRQ less not equal refer to a Memory problem. e.g. RAM Memory win32k.sys means 32 kilobytes out

of your RAM is bad and as a result a message will display. Here is your diagnostics in narrowing down the
cause. Just like a doctor would adivce. always read the label.same as a computer, read what it says before
clicking next unsure dont do it. Take it to a computer technician. Check to make sure laptop is running on power
switch back on and keep pressing F10/F1 for Bios until you see Setup utility and use the arrow key to highlight your choice

Move to diagnostics then hard drive test > I like you to do both short and long test. After that go for Memory test
This usually takes longer. You must wait ! Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2010
kizi:

Another problem is I tried switching my laptop on this evening and the screen refuses to turn on after much try I decided to use 'F1' button on boot then the screen was on. This is the first time I am encountering such problem with my laptop.

Note: Packard Bell .

Dear kizi ,

Thank you for the above and the message usb not recongnized refers to a non-working device.
The USB was detected but windows cannot recongnise it in the hardware compatibility list. HCL.txt

Swap test USB with another working computer and see the result. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
xammy:

Dear xammy,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your concern on making windows 7 genuine. Here at nairaland we are
a group of volunteer computer Engr and is against the rules of this forums to post a key. Therefore we dont do it.
Take it to a shop and pay for the software to be installed. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
oweniwe:

A beg make una bail me out o. Anytime i play any disk with my laptop, a notification which says "problem with shortcut: duekuuf exe is missing" would appear. Sometimes "duekuuf scr" would be the missing shortcut. I've scanned all nook and cranny of the laptop with both avast and AVG anti virus but they didn't detect any virus. The laptop is a compaq presario cq 40-15TU on vista ultimate. What do i do to get rid of duekuuf? 

Dear Oweniwe,

Thank you for the above and after looking up at the term "problem with shortcut, I was led to believe is
a virus on your computer. is like a bird flu pandemic. AVG has done it's job however a virus still remains.

Save your work onto a storage device such usb stick or cd/dvd

This model of yours has a pre-installed recovery partition/contigency arrangment to roll everything back
to sqaure one as if its brand new or take it a computer technician for further exmamination. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:00am On Oct 22, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Oweniwe,

Thank you for the above and after looking up at the term "problem with shortcut, I was led to believe is
a virus on your computer. is like a bird flu pandemic. AVG has done it's job however a virus still remains.

Save your work onto a storage device such usb stick or cd/dvd

This model of yours has a pre-installed recovery partition/contigency arrangment to roll everything back
to sqaure one as if its brand new or take it a computer technician for further exmamination. Good luck

also should try system restore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:07am On Oct 22, 2010
Saylawchar:

hello forum,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your time in following my fellow technician advice .
As computer is the process of elimination, there's need to eliminate one thing from the other.

Any distorted sound when youtube video is played ? if youtube sound
good then is not a sound card/driver issues. will be down to a dirty disk

What about a cd/dvd. play this using windows media player

Any speaker/magnectic/microwave object near your computer ?

Most importantly use a headphone to test

Click start run and type dxdiag press enter at the top look
for sound and check to make sure problems are reported

click test sound if available. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:17am On Oct 22, 2010

hey ppl,

i need help with something, i'm trying to help a friend sort out his computer, thing is, some quack formatted his recovery partition so we cant use system restore, the sticker under his computer isn't very clear so i cant make out the pre-installed OS type even though i can see the numbers, i think it's windows 7 home premium or professional sha. . .

what i need to know is if i can use the restore CD from a similar computer then change the key in regedit or something, cos i've been unable to fund a bootleg copy of the OS to buy, all i seem to find is windows ultimate and the key under the laptop wont work with ultimate. . .

it's one of them black compaqs, i cant remember the model now, 120gb, 2gb(he bought extra memory)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and very please you're helping a friend to get back on his or her feet. however
to be on the safe side and make it simple as possible. avoid a shortcut you could make it worse editing the registry
to amend the product key. To simplify it tell your friend he or she need a disk to reinstall. To buy it from a computer shop

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:27am On Oct 22, 2010
Dear Sweetdoct247,

RE:Checksum Error

This an indication someone has opened the computer and touching the cmos battery/jumper hence
the error message and defualt was loaded. Best to take it to a repair centre. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:35am On Oct 22, 2010
@all,my window vista screen just turned blue and when I boot it,the message appear that I should press  F11 for recovery.When I press F11 there are options on wizard which I can not understand therefore I cant proceed,please someone help.Thanx.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry. I take it is windows Vista HP Machine.
Should have welcome to recovery manager or F1 Bios setup utility.

What can you read on your screen ?

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akaebux(m): 2:57am On Oct 22, 2010
If you need to buy a high speed processor for your desktop, brand new Intel Core 2 duo processors are available now at affordable prices.
Call Mrs. J.O. : 08033785592
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your time in following my fellow technician advice .
As computer is the process of elimination, there's need to eliminate one thing from the other.

Any distorted sound when youtube video is played ? if youtube sound
good then is not a sound card/driver issues. will be down to a dirty disk

What about a cd/dvd. play this using windows media player

Any speaker/magnectic/microwave object near your computer ?

Most importantly use a headphone to test

Click start run and type dxdiag press enter at the top look
for sound and check to make sure problems are reported

click test sound if available. Good luck

Thanks  for your prompt response, to my surprise, I tried all these suggestions but it did not work….what else can I do? 

On the dxdiag page,  there is no test sound menu there.

2. How do I copy a screen page? Not through select all method, pls

3. my enter key and other keys on the keyboard is seizing, it will not respond for a while and after a few mins, it will respond, pls what can i do

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry. I take it is windows Vista HP Machine.
Should have welcome to recovery manager or F1 Bios setup utility.

What can you read on your screen ?

Good luck

How do i copy something like this? As in the example of the Restore point you pasted here, what is the method of doing it or the short cut,

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1230) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.