Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,303 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:00 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1314318 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
I have just formatted my Hp 4515s probook laptop and i reinstalled most of the drivers if not all, but i discovered that my dvd drive is selecting disk, what can i do? Also i installed Driver Detective Software and it scanned my system and revealed the following drivers needs to be updated and have searched for them through google but i cant find any free site to download and update them.  Can anybody be of help pls?
The drivers are:

1.  Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
2.  Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller
3.  Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
4.  Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8072 based Ethernet Controller
5. ATI High Definition Audio Device

I will appreciate your kind suggestions/solutions to these problems. For ease of contact, you can add up or send me a mail through my yahoo im:
saylawcharles@yahoo.com

THANKS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2010
moonraker:

@ saylawchar

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3935147&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3935146&lang=en&cc=us">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3935147&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3935146&lang=en&cc=us

this is wat you need

Have done that but some worked while some did not work, like that of VGA, it does not work while whenever i tried to install InterVideo WinDVD 8 BD (Blu-Ray) Player Update, it will say you need to install earlier version of windvd and so on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 12:56am On Oct 10, 2010
Plz anybodi, my laptop runnin on windows xp sp2 is xperiencing bluescreen reading UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME, nd i've bin tryin 2 install anoda sp2 livin my data intact, bt d only option it has durin d instalation is Format using ntfs<quick> and Format usin ntfs, plz i dnt knw wat 2 do i can't lose my 5 years old data. PLZZZ
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tottyj(m): 1:40am On Oct 10, 2010
Pls help me. my system was formatted and the colour quality is at the lowest 4 bit which do not allow must of my programmes to install. An engineer even helped me to buy another hard disk may be the former one has cracked yet this did not improve the situation. Kindly save me from this trouble. Hope to hear from all good&wonderful guys in the house soon. Thanz.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by azeezengr(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2010
i got dell inspiro 1440 few days ago, it comes with window 7 . i succeeded in installing my glo 3g plus  modem for internet on it, established connection with glo yet could not connect with internet/browse, what can i do? secondly, how can i downgrade my window 7 to vista/window xp and is it advisable?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2010
someone pls help me, do i turn windows 7 update on or off? Because if i leave it on automatic update, it may download spy ware or some virus, although i have licensed anti virus but i want to be careful. what do i do pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2010
totty j.:

Pls help me. my system was formatted and the colour quality is at the lowest 4 bit which do not allow must of my programmes to install. An engineer even helped me to buy another hard disk may be the former one has cracked yet this did not improve the situation. Kindly save me from this trouble. Hope to hear from all good&wonderful guys in the house soon. Thanz.

Why not update the VGA driver on the system, its possible that the system can not see the VGA, let your engineer check it out for you!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2010
      xlfemzy
denzel2009:

When did Deji become a tranny?

You can access your task manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del or go to start - run and type taskmgr and press enter.

Dear xlfemzy,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like you to follow technician denzel advice.
This problems occured because trojan virus damage or missing taskmgr.exe/ .sys
If further help is needed, follow the instructions below (Like a doctor would advice. always read the label. if you're
not sure dont do it rather take it to a computer centre. click start, run and type in mrt press enter
start full scan after that follow the below

To end the Trojan process:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete once.
2. Click Task Manager.
3. Click the Processes tab.
4. Double-click the Image Name column header to alphabetically sort the processes.
5. Scroll through the list and look for Winupdates.exe.
6. If you find the file, click it, and then click End Process.
7. Exit the Task Manager. restart your computer for changes to take effect

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2010
imagrg:

My acer laptop is the slowest in the world though it is new! Why? It is on windows7. I cannot even acess its bluetooth device. Please help!

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for the above enquiry and would all appreciate to know your laptop make and
operating system type. for example acer 5500 Windows XP.Here's your diagnostics in narrowing
down the cause. hold the keyboard window's button down +pause break and a box would
appear stating your RAM Size  1GB or  click sart, computer, system properties or system information

Until we know all this nothing much can we advice. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2010
henryskywalker2003:

@benqozenero, I guess u re the one that called me in the morning. have u tried plugging in a monitor to your laptop to be sure it is not your screen that is having an issue. try that and let me know the outcome.

@kindability, before u install a game, check if your hardware meets up with the recommended specs, else in worse case scenarios, it wont install. let me know your system configuration and also show a screenshot of the error message. I checked out your laptop and saw that its a netbook. netbooks usually come with intel atom processor and its not meant for any heavy work like games and mulitimedia editing. its probably why u get the error messages, but then i could be wrong. let me know your system specs.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like you to follow technician henryskywalker2003 advice.
Does your computer has a cd/dvd drive ? Yes/No. Where are you installing the games from ? From cd/dvd
within the computer itself/preinstall or downloading from the internet. Looking at the game application
is it a EXE type or Zip using other programmes to open it. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2010
jeak123:

@deji, i use a DV6000 HP Windows vista. Its so slow dat it crawls.i've run tune up utilities 2010 without improvement. Plz wot do i do?regards.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would you to follow and narrow it down
to a hardware or a software problem. restart your computer and keep pressing
F10 until you get a blue screen. use the arrow key to navigate to diagnostics and
would like you to go for hard disk and memoery self test. feed the result back.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2010
@godswillb: Ask Engrahmid, or uncle sam or get Globe Update Tool for zte modem. 3Connect software from UK would also work cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 6:55pm On Oct 10, 2010
@totty j. It seems that after it was formatted, you didn't install the vga driver. Head over to the laptop's manufacturer's site and download it from the support and drivers page. Pick the one specific to your laptop.

@azeezengr, I wouldn't advise to do that cos Win7 is kinda better than the previous ones but if u still want to do that, I'll suggest you go with vista sp2 or xp sp2. You need to obtain an installation cd and wipe the partition of Win7 and replace it wit the vista or xp. Do not wipe the recovery partition in case you change your mind later. Hope this helps.

@saylawchar, its wise to leave on unless you used a pirated cd to install your copy in which case it might get blocked by windows genuine advantage software update that checks for piracy. You won't get viruses from it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
henryskywalker2003:

@totty j. It seems that after it was formatted, you didn't install the vga driver. Head over to the laptop's manufacturer's site and download it from the support and drivers page. Pick the one specific to your laptop.

@azeezengr, I wouldn't advise to do that cos Win7 is kinda better than the previous ones but if u still want to do that, I'll suggest you go with vista sp2 or xp sp2. You need to obtain an installation cd and wipe the partition of Win7 and replace it wit the vista or xp. Do not wipe the recovery partition in case you change your mind later. Hope this helps.

@saylawchar, its wise to leave on unless you used a pirated cd to install your copy in which case it might get blocked by windows genuine advantage software update that checks for piracy. You won't get viruses from it.

Thanks alot, i was scared thinking that it may allow virus to enter my laptop. I guess i have a genuine window 7 according to my engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
henryskywalker2003:

Thanks alot, i was scared thinking that it may allow virus to enter my laptop. I guess i have a genuine window 7 according to my engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Segunod(m): 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2010
Pls i need serious and urgent help. My laptop (FUJITSU SIEMENS: amilo pro V2000) is asking for password. I was atually browsing on it and after sometime it freeze so i off and on it, then it start asking for PASSWPORD. Pls help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeak123(m): 12:27am On Oct 11, 2010
@deji, tnx for ur timely response to my post. i use HP DV6000 Windows vista, how can i edit the registry?tnx once more for ur great help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by puskin: 1:02am On Oct 11, 2010
jeak123:

@deji, tnx for your timely response to my post. i use HP DV6000 Windows vista, how can i edit the registry?tnx once more for your great help.

huh!!!!!. . . .wat are U looking for inside there.?. . .Since U don't know how to edit it, don't bother. . . unless U just want to disorganise ur lappie head.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 4:44am On Oct 11, 2010
Plz anybodi, my laptop runnin on windows xp sp2 is xperiencing bluescreen reading UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME, nd i've bin tryin 2 install anoda sp2  livin my data intact, bt d only option it has durin d instalation is Format using ntfs<quick> and Format usin ntfs, plz i dnt knw wat 2 do i can't lose my 5 years old data. PLZZZ
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by azeezengr(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2010
@saylawchar and henryskywalker-Thanks for all ur advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Segunod(m): 9:54am On Oct 11, 2010
Segunod:

Pls i need serious and urgent help. My laptop (FUJITSU SIEMENS: amilo pro V2000) is asking for password. I was atually browsing on it and after sometime it freeze so i off and on it, then it start asking for PASSWPORD. Pls help me out.

Was able to reset d bios by removing d battery and bios battery though need to google to find a way out. It's working fine now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dungar4: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2010
I need crack for windows 7 ultimate. Somebody help me please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2010
puskin:

huh!!!!!. . . .wat are U looking for inside there.?. . .Since U don't know how to edit it, don't bother. . . unless U just want to disorganise your lappie head.

Dear jeak123 ,

Any update on the diagnostics i prescribed?

I see no reason in editing the registry unless
you're just playing around

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
1stknight:

Plz anybodi, my laptop runnin on windows xp sp2 is xperiencing bluescreen reading UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME, nd i've bin tryin 2 install anoda sp2 livin my data intact, bt d only option it has durin d instalation is Format using ntfs<quick> and Format usin ntfs, plz i dnt knw wat 2 do i can't lose my 5 years old data. PLZZZ

Dear 1stknight,

Thank you for the above and would all appreciate to know make and model of your computer. Providing this make things easier for the engineers. Does unmountable boot volume pops up after you clean install using a cd/dvd xp disk or pressing F ? something on your keybaord known as hard drive recovery. is very important you explain clearly so as to get help ASAP from available engineers in the house.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2010
@deji
my laptop is toshiba satellite l10-117 and i ave nt done any installation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
My laptop is showing blue screen and whenever ths hapens, all i cn do is to remove d battery and restart. Hw cn i solve ths?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by count(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
my laptop is overheating and i now have to put it close to a fan or in a really cool environment for it to work properly, any ideas? pls send reply to garudactr@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2010
Quote from: Azanor on September 19, 2010, 11:41:41 PM
How do I configure UltraVPN to work with my MTN data connection. I really need to use utorrent but MTN doesnt allow d downloads to finish

U dont need to configure nothing, just register here --> http://ultravpn.fr/account.htm

After which an activation mail will be sent to the addy filled in by U. Activate it and ure good to go. Open the UltraVPN, put in the 'Username' and 'Password' and 'Connect'.

PLEASE IS THIS APPLICABLE ON STARCOMMS CONNECTION?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2010
1stknight:

@deji
my laptop is toshiba satellite l10-117 and i ave nt done any installation

Please refer back to my previous post and answer all questions

Restart laptop and keep tapping F2 for Bios setup utility and
use the arrow key to navigate to boot and make sure hard disk is
set as first boot  device. carefully follow on screen instructions to change
boot device order. check to make sure no cd.dvd in drive as this can cause
a problem like this one.  if no joy restart laptop pressing F8 advance boot option
choose last known good configurations then press enter

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tjad: 6:18am On Oct 13, 2010
Our number Deji and other computer wizards in d house. Pls i want to know, what are the neccessary computer peripherals, i need to have, in order to be able to track phone calls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raco1010(m): 12:02am On Oct 14, 2010
Bro plz i nid ur hlp, i am unable 2 open the Notepad, internent explorer, mozila firefox on my computer, in fact brother i cant open any microsoft product dat came wit my operating system(vista). Any time i try 2 open d above listed application, dis is d error msg i get 'Notepad, internent explorer or mozila firefox encountered an error. Bro dis error msg has 2 options @ d base of d dialog box. D options ar send dis error and dont send. If i click dont send, d error msg wil disappear n d application wil refuse 2 load. Bro plz i nid ur hlp on wot 2 do or pm me on wot 2 do. Tanx and God bless u!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1230) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.