Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,552 members, 7,908,482 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:23 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (279745 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by abi25: 4:02pm On May 06, 2007
Londoncool, mrpataki & Akolawale, thanks all of you for useful contribution in this forum. I have a case almost d same:

I had already travel to UK on dependent visa, unfortunately, v had finally decided to separate and i returned back home and now my visa was over and i had applied for student visa which was refused recently. Only ECO discussed about my family matter, no questioning on sponsor, college and other student related matters. Should i apply for appeal or guide me wat shall i do further,

Awaiting for you pplz reply,

Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by razzy: 8:20pm On May 06, 2007
Londoncool, mrpataki & Akolawale, Thanks all of you for useful contribution in this forum, I really appreciate your support in this forum.

I have a small case as well: I won my appeal this year and i have recieved the copy letter from AIT.
BDHC was called me for collection visa since 2 months ago.But the only problem I av right now is New Acceptance Letter from my skol and the skol want me to paid deposite {2500 pounds} b4 they would re-issue new letter for me.So I dont av such dat amount.Please GUYZ can I present another skol Admission letter to embazzy??

I look forward to hear your reply soon.
Regards,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 06, 2007
this is looking more and more like people less interested in school except as a means of immigrating.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:49pm On May 06, 2007
davidylan:

this is looking more and more like people less interested in school except as a means of immigrating.
Exactly, what can one do? undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 7:29am On May 07, 2007
@razzy
you can apply to a good university, as long as you meet the academic requirements (not easy), i can assure you that you will be granted an unconditional offer,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by razzy: 10:03am On May 07, 2007
Lelele, Thank you very much for the support. Yeah, last year I was applied for new unconditional offer, b4 the appeal came out.But, BDHC told me that i should come along with the same unconditional offer letter. Can i go with another skol unconditional offer letter?? I hope they would granted me the visa? angry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by parosky(m): 5:38pm On May 07, 2007
Another refusal story please help.
I was refused (hsmp)visa on the grounds that I submitted my sponsor's (who is supposed to accommodate me) mortgage agreement form and council tax which are dated 2004 &2005 - (not current) and not originals and sent as a attachment with a mail so it is a which I printed.
They also said I don't have enough money to take care of myself and family(3 of us).
My questions are
1. Can I appeal providing fresh evidence, as in get the current papers from my sponsor and giving proofs of more money
2. Their refusal letter stated that the sponsor's document I submitted are not originals, which may mean they want to see the originals. Must I get the original.
3. Is it possible to re-apply with the same HSMP decision letter.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Reverend(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2007
@Parosky

parosky:

2. Their refusal letter stated that the sponsor's document I submitted are not originals, which may mean they want to see the originals. Must I get the original.

A bit of a silly question. Of course you have to get the originals and make sure they are current and not from 2 years ago.

THEY NEED TO SEE THE ORIGINALS AS MANY NIGERIANS MAKE UP FRAUDULENT COPIES undecided undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 6:35pm On May 07, 2007
Londoncool, Mrpataki, and Akolawale, Pls can I have Ur e-mail adds, I need U guys 2 reveiw my refusal lettr and help me out this second time.PLzz
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 6:44pm On May 07, 2007
Pls I need U guys' suggestion, I need a sponsor, and recently I stumbled on one of the posts by a lander in this forum that he helps to arrange statement of account for someone, I've calld the guy, but I'm still very doubtful of the whole arrangement.He says the accounts are real from a notable bank, that he works with some bank officials, but what happens to correspondence should UK embassy decide to enquire more.

Also being an Ibo, can I use a Yoruba person as my sponsor? Would that be acceptable? Pls I need suggestions,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:44pm On May 07, 2007
Really this is infuriating. angry

Since when did travelling to UK become a thing of do or die?

A lot of post here smacks off unintelligent reasoning.

presjany:

Please I need U guys' suggestion, I need a sponsor, and recently I stumbled on one of the posts by a lander in this forum that he helps to arrange statement of account for someone, I've calld the guy, but I'm still very doubtful of the whole arrangement.He says the accounts are real from a notable bank, that he works with some bank officials, but what happens to correspondence should UK embassy decide to enquire more.

Also being an Ibo, can I use a Yoruba person as my sponsor? Would that be acceptable? Please I need suggestions,
No offence intended oh. But this is the first time I would see a lady so agitated and desperate to go to the UK! In as much we try to project this country for honest and civil people, I don't think seeking for scrupulous bank account is the best!
As to the sponsorship issue yes you can use you anyone even a goat so for you have a relationship with such individual and in your aplication there has to be coherent flow of evidence between you and your sponsor in your application.
Good luck to you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:48pm On May 07, 2007
Reverend:

@Parosky

A bit of a silly question. Of course you have to get the originals and make sure they are current and not from 2 years ago.

THEY NEED TO SEE THE ORIGINALS AS MANY NIGERIANS MAKE UP FRAUDULENT COPIES undecided undecided
I must say Rev, I totally agree with you here. Very sound judgement! wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2007
lelele:

@razzy
you can apply to a good university, as long as you meet the academic requirements (not easy), i can assure you that you will be granted an unconditional offer,
Did you bother to read his enquiry at all undecided

razzy:

Londoncool, mrpataki & Akolawale, Thanks all of you for useful contribution in this forum, I really appreciate your support in this forum.

I have a small case as well: I won my appeal this year and i have recieved the copy letter from AIT.
BDHC was called me for collection visa since 2 months ago.But the only problem I av right now is New Acceptance Letter from my skol and the skol want me to paid deposite {2500 pounds} before they would re-issue new letter for me.So I don't av such that amount.Please GUYZ can I present another skol Admission letter to embazzy??

Regards,
I would advise you to go ahead and get another school Admission letter. But note you will be beautifully handed a letter of refusal!
Good luck to you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by omojeje: 12:56am On May 08, 2007
Not been rude,but I know I have not removed the speck in my own eye as well.But it beats my imagination when people who have purpotedly applied for a UK student visa make silly and unpardonable grammatical errors on this thread.Though its quite an informal medium of communicating and sharing ideas,opinions and what have you,but nevertheless,I wonder how such applicants might have filled in their application forms for thec ECO to view.

Please I feel embarrased as some people dont know what they want and take UK Visa with all levity,soliciting for scrupulous sponsors.

@mrpataki,
well done,good reply.

I saw your email.I will reply you asap.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 4:10am On May 08, 2007
presjany:

Please I need U guys' suggestion, I need a sponsor, and recently I stumbled on one of the posts by a lander in this forum that he helps to arrange statement of account for someone, I've calld the guy, but I'm still very doubtful of the whole arrangement.He says the accounts are real from a notable bank, that he works with some bank officials, but what happens to correspondence should UK embassy decide to enquire more.

Also being an Ibo, can I use a Yoruba person as my sponsor? Would that be acceptable? Please I need suggestions,

no wonder! it is desperate crooks like you who are making things very difficult for genuine intending travellers. if you dont have a sponsor, get a job or get married.

razzy:

BDHC was called me for collection visa since 2 months ago.But the only problem I av right now is New Acceptance Letter from my skol and the skol want me to paid deposite {2500 pounds} before they would re-issue new letter for me.So I don't av such that amount.Please GUYZ can I present another skol Admission letter to embazzy??

Regards,

is this guy ready to go anywhere? how do people apply for admissions without counting the financial costs?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by abi25: 2:32pm On May 08, 2007
Londoncool, mrpataki & Akolawale, thanks all of you for useful contribution in this forum. I have a case almost d same:

I had already travel to UK on dependent visa, unfortunately, v had finally decided to separate and i returned back home and now my visa was over and i had applied for student visa which was refused recently. Only ECO discussed about my family matter, no questioning on sponsor, college and other student related matters. Should i apply for appeal or guide me what shall i do further,

Awaiting for you pplz suggestion,

Help me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:45pm On May 08, 2007
abi25:

I had already travel to UK on dependent visa, unfortunately, v had finally decided to separate and i returned back home and now my visa was over and i had applied for student visa which was refused recently. Only ECO discussed about my family matter, no questioning on sponsor, college and other student related matters. Should i apply for appeal or guide me what shall i do further,

Awaiting for you pplz suggestion,

Help me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did you bother to speak English at all when you supposedly travelled to UK? I cant seem to understand your write up here man. undecided undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 8:08pm On May 08, 2007
Thanks so much, Mrpataki and David, for Ur replies. I am aware of my enthusiasm to go to UK 4 a higher degree. I'm also aware that sometimes this kind of enthusiasm may give room to unnecessary worries and hurries. Thanks so much 4 ur posts, It has bridled a bit of those unnecessary hurries, I'd like to state that I am a patriotic Nigerian and I didnt think it was right 4 me to do that, and I've also gotten more conviction not to.

Mrpataki nd David, Kindly note some ladies re more aggressive and result-oriented than others, we all have different approaches to success. Going 4 a higher Degree in UK is mine approach, and I think I reserve the right to acheive that whether am a lady or not.
Unless U re saying dat this forum is 4 men only, then I sincerely apologise 4 the trespass. Thanks Once again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 08, 2007
@ presjany
No, dont get it wrong. no one is begrudging the fact that you want to go for a higher degree in the US, afterall some of us are doing exactly the same thing. your gender is not even a factor at all.

The point is, why are you so desperate to go to the UK that you would do anything including presenting fake documents? It is such desperacy that makes one wonder if the struggle to go to the UK is really about higher education or more an opportunity to immigrate through any means.
It is for such reasons that we now see a higher rate of refusals at embassies even for genuine applicants because consular officers now have a huge burden trying to sift the genuine from the fake.

Would you blame the consular officer who sees 90% fake applicants everyday if he refuses you a visa even if u present genuine documents? Put yourself in the shoes of others.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2007
@ Presjany,
Truly you struck something within me with your post. I am really sorry if my earlier post you were perjorative in any way and manner. It is not a gender thing here as funkybaby a female has been well attended to here if you had read earlier post.

Will get back to your enquiry and answer you later in the evening. Got loads of work on my hands at the moment.
Have a great day.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 7:27am On May 11, 2007
@omojeje
There is no such thing as an unpardonable grammatical error, i understand you, but i think that is a ''wrong niger mindset'' we place a foreign language as an index for determining someone's ability. this only happens in Black Africa, Welllll shaaaaaaaaa.

@mrpataki
why will razzzy still be given a letter of refusal if he has won the appeal and he has abn unconditional offer,maybe i am wrong but i sincerely doubt it,by the way how is(was) your appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 2:38pm On May 11, 2007
lelele:

@mrpataki
why will razzzy still be given a letter of refusal if he has won the appeal and he has abn unconditional offer,maybe i am wrong but i sincerely doubt it,by the way how is(was) your appeal.
1. Which appeal is that?

2. If you had read razzy's post, you do have known that he wants to submit another letter of Admission from another school that has nothing to do with the appeal he just won. His winning of the appeal is in respect to the letter of admission and the school he applied to as at when applying for his entry clearance.

Submitting another letter of unconditional admission from another educational establishment in respect to the appeal that has been allowed provides a good ground for a refusal possibly without a right of appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by razzy: 6:17am On May 13, 2007
@mrpataki, I think lelele were not understood my last post?
Thank you mrpataki

U mean if I Submitting another letter of unconditional admission from another educational establishment in respect to the appeal that has been allowed provides a good ground for a refusal possibly without a right of appeal??

mrpataki can i av ur phone number or your e-mail?
This is my email address: razzy310@hotmail.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:17pm On May 13, 2007
razzy:

@mrpataki, I think lelele were not understood my last post?
Thank you mrpataki

U mean if I Submitting another letter of unconditional admission from another educational establishment in respect to the appeal that has been allowed provides a good ground for a refusal possibly without a right of appeal??

mrpataki can i av your phone number or your e-mail?
This is my email address: razzy310@hotmail.com

I would rather prefer all enquiries are treated here on this board for public enlightment and knowledge acquisition. As well there maybe instances where I might go wrong in my response, will want to be corrected too.

If you still need my email addy, you could check my profile up for that.

You may get a right of appeal though if you apply with another letter of admission from another school. But whats the point of that? undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 1:57pm On May 15, 2007
funkybaby:

my younger sis. is a full-time student in one of the federal universities in nigeria. she applied for a uk visit visa JULY 2006. to our amazement, she was denied. she was denied by the silly entrance clearance officer based on the following reasons,

1. she was single and unmarried (she's just 22yrs old)
2. she didnt declare any income (a full-time student)
3. she didnt show enough evidence that she was coming back to nigeria.
4. if given the visa, she might seek recourse to public funds and employment

attached to her application was letters of identification and permission to travel from her university. our parent's bank statement was fat (they didnt complain about that, just that they expected her to declare her personal income which sounds really stupid since she's a student), property deeds of our parents, parents passport(they travel often) , my uncle gave her a well-composed, lovely letter of invitation, as well as other documents and all her documents are genuine.

she was not called for any interview, her department @ school was not called, parents were not called , they did not even call my uncle to confirm if truly he was iniviting her.

anyway, in annoyance i filed an appeal on her behalf where i stated her case. She got a letter from the appeal tribunal in SEPTEMBER 2006 saying that they had received her appeal and they have asked the Bristish High Commission to forward them all details regarding her application by 20TH NOVEMBER 2006.

to our shock and that of my uncle too, he was called on 5TH OCTOBER 2006 by the embassy officials in Lagos. they asked him all the questions that they should have asked him when she first submitted by application in July. i wonder why they were just doing this now when they ought to have done that initially. anyway, my uncle said he answered all their questions intelligently and we should hope for the best.

now to my questions (i need the opinion of people that have gone through UK visa appeal)

a. how long does the whole thing take, (we have been on it since July and she wants to spend the christmas hols in UK)
b. is the case going to be heard in court or will the assylum people base the opinion on what the uk peeps submit to them?
c. based on all i have typed, do you think she stands a good chance of getting the visa eventually?

thanks !
Best os luck, further comments reserved. . .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sparkle(f): 8:09pm On May 16, 2007
Dear Nairaland users, I would be grateful if someone could advise.

My sister's appeal has been granted. She is been asked to bring her passport, 2 photographs and evidence supporting funds e.g. statement.

As her sponsor in UK - will my statement be sufficient for her to take along or does she need to take her own bank statement as well. I will be taking care of her needs and buying her ticket and have stated thus in her application - so am a bit baffled.

She has been asked to attend the British Embassy btwn 7-7.30am. Had any one been invited and what is the queue like. Would she automatically be allowed in.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 9:50am On May 17, 2007
@everyone
i weak o, just an email from ait saying my appeal is not yet scheduled for hearing simply because it's a paper appeal, dont these guys know that the anxiety and indecision can kill. i just want to confirm is it right that i will get a determination 10 days after the appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 10:27am On May 17, 2007
@anikay
why not reapply and address the issues raised in the refusal, that is if your admmission is still valid, since it is a student visa i think you will invariably be given.
I think there are basically 4 issues with a student visa
1 finance
2offer
3your ability to do the course
4your willingness to return
if you can prove all 4 without doubt. it's just a matter of timebefore you get your visa
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 10:33am On May 17, 2007
mrpataki
sorry, maybe i got you confused or my memory failed me, i thought saw a post of yours regarding an appeal after refusal, just wanted to know how things were going, i hope no offense was taken.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 11:44pm On May 19, 2007
Vicjustice:

Funkybaby
While i wish you best of lucks, i'd wish to bring to your notice that your appeal might not be granted especially when the commission understands that the visa you sought is for a particular purpose and duration, and that the purpose of your visit is most likely to be invalid at the time of the final decision.
If i were you, i'd withdraw my appeal and re apply afresh: in fact, this move will make the eco understand how serious your application is. Goodluck!

ahem, appeal was granted a while ago, infact a date for collection has been agreed if my recollection serves me right.

What does reapplying afresh have to do with making an ECO understand how serious an application is?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 11:53pm On May 19, 2007
@abi25

You need to quote the exact statement given for your refusal.

@sparkle

Don't forget the all important valid offer letter.  Don't know what the wait is like to pick up a visa , but I am sure your sister would not mind spending the whole day there considering the fact that her appeal took months to be determined wink.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 12:33am On May 20, 2007
@presjany

Whilst ruminating whom to consider as a sponsor, you can correlate the career/education change to the fact that your previous course of study at secondary/university differs from your current finance related career choice as a banker (if applicable). It is not a crime to have a career change or false start as the oyibos like to call it. Remember the story of Saul/Paul in the Bible? Oops, don't remember myself embarassed  embarassed embarassed(God forgive me)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.