Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,506 members, 7,908,406 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 05:14 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (279742 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2007
Akolawole:

@VOR

I think you have forgotten Funky's situation from the word go.

1) Am i wrong? NO. After graduation, Students applied and were given

2) Funky has nothing to do with 2 years ILR ( Try to remember Funky initial story o grin)

6) Like i said, Visa nationals do need permission to marry in UK. Do you know there is a way to beat that?
. I gave you that as a weekend coursework to be submitted on monday grin

I haven't bothered to re-cap on Funky's personal circumstances, so you are right to that extent.The advice I have given
is general.

1) It is the Home Office that grants the fresh talent working in Scotland visa. Applicants must satisfy them
that they meet the requirements of the rules. If they can't, then they may be refused. I can't see how it will be automatic if for instance an applicant is on benefit or mentions the fact he hopes to get a job in England.

2)As above.

3)Non visa nationals also require a visa to marry in the UK or permission if already here.
I assume the loophole you are talking about is by marrying in an Anglican church.10/10 for me sir. grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ vor and akolawole

thanks a lot. you guys are just great.

1) my interpretation of what you guys have explained is that to obtain the ILR from scotland, i must have at least additional 3years work permit (inclusive of the 2years already given to me after graduation), right?

2) what makes this scottish immigration law 'special' in comparism to that of england? cos the impression i had is that it is easier to get 'pali' through scotland than england. i have so many friends that are in scotland now. if it is not automatic, then why the rush or is there something that i am missing? pls enlighten me.

3) on the marriage issue, are u guys saying that if i marry my boyfriend in an anglican church (he has student visa, while i have a valid visiting visa), i can easily apply for dependant visa without applying for another type of visa that gives me permission to get married in uk?

4) so assumming i get the ILR in scotland, i can only apply for a job in scotland and settle permanently there?i cannot use the status to work in england?

thanks a lot for your time.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2007
1) Since its in-country regularisation of papers, i dont just bother to post the rules and i believe its generally easy to fulfilled.

2) You even get more than 100%.You are correct
Please confess on Nairalandthat you are in "THAT BUSINESS"
I mean arrangement of " ********" in UK
You must be in thousands of pounds brother.
I beg make you no forget me o

ONLY THE DEEP CAN CALL TO THE DEEP.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ akolawole

seems you've got things mixed up. i suggest you take a good look at all my previous posts. i am not in the business of arranging anything and besides, i am female. real name - funke. the reason why i am in this fix is my boyfriend. i have been dating him for over 2years, i love him so much and we see each other about twice a year. the problem is the naughty boy does not want to come back to nigeria and he wants to settle in UK. i am very desperate to employ all LEGAL means possible for him to acheive this and for us to be together because i know the sh*t i face thanks to long distance relationship. the thing is that he either gets the 'pali' he wants through me (i apply to study at scotland and he comes to join me there) or he gets it through any other means EXCEPT CONTRACT MARRIAGE. so that i why i am seeking advice on this forum. if you do not feel comfortable about letting out all the info here, i will gladdeningly give you my email address. i love my boyfriend so much and all i want is the best for both of us.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Funky

I think i am lost as well

On Paper, it looks easy. Very easy.

A trusted Nairalander just finish Chatting with me now on the issue.

From the info i got from here, its not automatic. THOUGH ITS FUNNY TO ME.

2) Using scottish one to work in England, the visa will be granted by the same Home office in Croydon but since i have not seen anyone granted on that program, i am not sure if there will be [b]observation [/b]on the visa page.

I think Londoncool might know the kind of sticker used on such.

3) Your quest for "Pali" seems to amaze me.
One thing at a time.
Permanent residency then naturalisation unless you want Bobo to join British army o grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ akolawole

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30156.0.html

read my last three posts on this link and subsequent replies from VOR and mrpataki. maybe then you will understand where i'm coming from.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Funky

My post #450 is meant for VOR not you ma.

I remembered you from the word go
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
yeah. we've talked about the british army option. believe me, he wont last a week at the boot camp. i have a cousin that is undergoing the first phase of their trainning and i know what he laments and tells me on the phone. another option we are looking at is 'territorial army' but we are really not sure if that one will give him the 'pali' after all the stress.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2007
Here goes Funky:

1) In order to obtain ILR in the UK(WHICH INCLUDES SCOTLAND) you must have resided there legally for five years as
a work permit holder or dependant. There are other categories but I think this is what applies to you as well as the one I mentioned earlier about marriage.

2) It is not any easier to get "pali" in Scotland than it is England. By "pali" I assume you mean passport. The qualifying period is exactly the same. The fresh talent scheme is unique to Scotland, there is no real equivalent in England so this may be the reason why Scottish education is popular. Leave to remain for the purposes of the scheme as I mentioned is not automatic, one still has to meet the Immigration Rules. All I will say is if you one has been studying in Scotland for at least three years then those requirements are not too onerous.

3)No, the rule with regards to the Anglican church marriage is an exception to the rule that all non-permanent residents must either have permission to marry or obtain a marriage visa before getting wed in the UK. If you now wish to settle in the UK after your marriage you must return to Nigeria and obtain the appropriate EC. As your boyfriend is only a student here with limited leave to remain you will have to apply as his dependant.
Coincidentally, I have a US national client who applied for entry in the UK for the purpose of marriage in an Anglican church to her British boyfriend. She did not have a visa. The matter is currently being considered by the Immigration authorities here. I should be able to let you know the outcome by Monday.

4) ILR obtained anywhere in the UK is valid throughout the UK.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2007
ok then. sorry jare. i think say na me you dey try yab small.

dont mind me. actually, what i am after is permanent residency. i know that it is the major step to gettin the 'pali'.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ VOR

thank you so much.

1)are you saying that to qualify for the ILR under the fresh talent scheme, i must have schooled in scotland for at least 3 years?

2) am kinda confused right now. i am already a degree holder from a nigerian university.the plan is that i apply to study for my masters at the scottish school by sept. this year or lastest feb. next year. i thought my 1year of MSc study at the scottish school should give me the 2years work permit. am i right?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2007
Akolawole:

1) Since its in-country regularisation of papers, i don't just bother to post the rules and i believe its generally easy to fulfilled.

2) You even get more than 100%.You are correct
Please confess on Nairalandthat you are in "THAT BUSINESS"
I mean arrangement of " ********" in UK
You must be in thousands of pounds brother.
I beg make you no forget me o

ONLY THE DEEP CAN CALL TO THE DEEP.

Ako

I beg o.

Just like FUNKY any "business" or advice I give is
strictly legit. Check out my previous posts I always
give advice from a strictly legal standpoint and steer
clear of posts wanting advice on dodgy schemes.

I will give advice on how to bend rules to your favour
but not on how to break them. cool cool cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2007
funkybaby:

@ VOR

thank you so much.

1)are you saying that to qualify for the ILR under the fresh talent scheme, i must have schooled in scotland for at least 3 years?

2) am kind of confused right now. i am already a degree holder from a nigerian university.the plan is that i apply to study for my masters at the scottish school by sept. this year or lastest feb. next year. i thought my 1year of MSc study at the scottish school should give me the 2years work permit. am i right?

1) No, sorry to confuse you I assumed you were proposing to go to Scotland for an Undergraduate programme.
A Scottish masters will qualify you for the scheme. See 143A(B) of the rules I have posted. You don't have to have studied in Scotland for three years.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by progress2: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2007
@VOR
Pls can you contribute to my post on dependant student visa application

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2007
progress2:

@VOR
Please can you contribute to my post on dependant student visa application

Thanks

Progress2

Click on the link below which I hope you find useful.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-46625.0.html

Cheers

VOR
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by progress2: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2007
@VOR
Thanks for the link.
I have gone through sometimes ago,but am still unsure whether to include my sponsors acct and letter,or just to use my UK acct only.

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Progress2

I am sure we have dealt with your matter before.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ VOR and akolawole

assumming you were in my shoes, given the background of my present circumstances and that of my boyfriend, what route would you have employed as the easiest (contract marriage exclusive)to get the ILR/permanent residency in the UK
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2007
funkybaby:

@ VOR and akolawole

assumming you were in my shoes, given the background of my present circumstances and that of my boyfriend, what route would you have employed as the easiest (contract marriage exclusive)to get the ILR/permanent residency in the UK

What VOR and Akolawole have stated so far are correct.

The fresh talent scheme, being operated in Scotland, if you are successfull in your application, is for two years. But it is only applicable in Scotland where you are. After this period, you will be exppected to return to your home country or "switch" into other categories such as work permit or HSMP or working holiday maker(this is a bit out of sync with previous two options, but allows you to be in the UK legally).

In order to get the ILR that you want, it is not as straight forward for a student. You have to have lived and held a work permit, HSMP, or any other qualifying category for 5 years. Anything less. . . .no deal, with the exception of marriage to someone who is a citizen. And the worst part is the student years don't count, unless you are applying on the basis of long residence (which is 10 years by the way). So your assumption that 2 years Talent scheme plus 3 years work permit will give you ILR is false. It sucks i know. You will have to get a work permit/HSMP and have that for 5 years before being eligible for ILR.

With the marriage option, i really don't know much about it. But like someone stated earlier, marrying in the Anglican church might make it easier. I honestly don't know.

please let the experienced people in the house like Akolawole, Londoncool, VOR, pls comment on my post so i dont mislead the young lady.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2007
@funkybaby,

Just realised that your boyfriend is the one in the UK. My previous posts still stands except that you look at it from his angle.

From your angle, have you now graduated? What did you study? i am asking all this to see if you can apply for a visa category in your right before exploring the marriage option.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
@imani

thanks dear. the whole thing don tire me sef. i am a graduate of estate management from a federal university in nigeria. its either he gets the ILR through me or he does it himself. i am trying to get the best advice possible because this will determine whether i study for my masters in england or scotland and what course i choose to specialize in.

@vor and akolawole
is imani right? that the 2years work permit obtained after studying at the scottish university does not add up to the 5years minimum needed for the ILR?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2007
funkybaby:

@imani

thanks dear. the whole thing don tire me sef. i am a graduate of estate management from a federal university in nigeria. its either he gets the ILR through me or he does it himself. i am trying to get the best advice possible because this will determine whether i study for my masters in england or scotland and what course i choose to specialize in.

since he is already here and in the system, it may be easier through him.

I really understand you as i am also in a similar situation to an extent. I have been in the UK for a while now so i have some idea how it comes based on my experiences. Anyway before exploring the marriage option be cautious. Except there is mutual love and trust, i will implore you to thread carefully with this immigration issue so you are not disappointed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Funky

Imani is right

@ Imani

Another expert comert.
Welcome madam. grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2007
Funky

The fresh talent scheme is not actually a work permit.
It is a scheme similar in some ways to a WH visa which allows
one to work in the UK without a WP.

See this link for a clearer expalnation than the rules I posted earlier:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/fresh_talent__working.html?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2007
na wa o! thats 1year masters + 2years work permit+ another 5years work permit = ILR
THAT'S IS EIGHT YEARS IN SCOTLAND just for ILR?
pls, i need more confirmation on this. if this is true, then why are nigerians rushing to scotland. or is there something that no one has told me

pls i need a plan B.

based on the advice given by VOR and mrpataki some months back on this my issue, my boyfriend and i had earlier agreed that he enrols for ACCA. now my aunt told me that the ACCA option is a risky one. she said the chances that he will  be given the visa via ACCA are high but that he MUST pass the exams. she said that ACCA is difficult bearing in mind that he will have to be working and at the same  time studying. she said that home office will always ask for his results and assumming he fails, his visa will not be renewed so she told me to tell him not to use ACCA as a basis for his visa renewal.

i am confused oooooooo !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ VOR

thanks. so how can this fresh talent scheme help in getting permanent residency? the last thing i want for my boo is for him to go around with expired visa. apparently, his student visa expires april and not january as i previously thought, i presently have a valid visiting visa, so i need all the advice i can get, so that we can decide on the next thing to do.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2007
funkybaby:

na wa o! thats 1year masters + 2years work permit+ another 5years work permit = ILR
please, i need more confirmation on this. if this is true, then why are nigerians rushing to scotland. or is there something that no one has told me

please i need a plan B.

based on the advice given by VOR and mrpataki some months back on this my issue, my boyfriend and i had earlier agreed that he enrols for ACCA. now my aunt told me that the ACCA option is a risky one. she said the chances that he will  be given the visa via ACCA are high but that he MUST pass the exams. she said that ACCA is difficult bearing in mind that he will have to be working and at the same  time studying. she said that home office will always ask for his results and assumming he fails, his visa will not be renewed so she told me to tell him not to use ACCA as a basis for his visa renewal.

i am confused oooooooo !

Assuming things go according to your plan you will not need to spend 8 years in Scotland( although I must say there are worse places in the world you can spend 8 years cheesy)
Once you get a WP after the two year fresh talent scheme you can work anywhere in the UK.
Take into consideration also that your boyfriend can apply to be your dependant on the fresh
talent scheme visa.
As for the ACCA route it is not realy different from any other course in that anytime any student visa is
up for renewal the Home Office checks to see satisfactory progress is being made on the course. It just
depends on your boyfriends ability to undertake the course.

Really Funky there is no easy answer to your predicament or any LEGAL short cut.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2007
BTW Funky what course is your b/f doing and at what stage of the course is he at?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2007
he is presently in his final year of study. he is completing the course by feb. next year. he is presently studying business administration with options in human resources management.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2007
funkybaby:

please, i need more confirmation on this. if this is true, then why are nigerians rushing to scotland. or is there something that no one has told me

please i need a plan B.

i am confused oooooooo !

You need to take it easy! People are probably rushing to Scotland in the hope that they will get a 2 year permit only to discover otherwise. Like VOR stated, the fresh talent scheme is NOT a work permit, and some employers may not even employ you even with that scheme even though they can legally, that is why it is always better to switch into the proper work permit or HSMP scheme.

Unfortunately, there is no short cut in the UK to this thing using legal means except you want to go around with a fake passport which is dangerous as you could be found out anytime and deported. Some may not get caught, but is that a risk anyone is willing to take?

funkybaby:

@ VOR

thanks. so how can this fresh talent scheme help in getting permanent residency? the last thing i want for my boo is for him to go around with expired visa. apparently, his student visa expires april and not january as i previously thought, i presently have a valid visiting visa, so i need all the advice i can get, so that we can decide on the next thing to do.

Do you think he is not thinking about options and alternatives as well? Seems like you are doing more of the worrying. That is why i mentioned in my earlier post you need to be cautious. Please don't set yourself up for disappointment. While the marriage option seems the shortest, are you sure he is willing and ready to settle down? If he is, there is nothing stoping him applying for you as his dependent but he has to show proof that he can support you financially.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ VOR
what are the other 'illegal' means wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2007
@VOR,

since you now reside on this thread at least temporarily, did you manage to go to the festival at least for a day before it was cancelled?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.