Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,186 members, 7,943,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:58 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (280773 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
@imani

ok dear. thanks. but i cant help but to worry. if not for him, i would have had plans to either stay put in naija or go to canada for my masters. vor and akolawole have already explained that my status on the dependant thing still ties to whatever status he has. assuming i get the dependant visa now and he cant renew his own visa by april next year?what now happens to me? the dependant/marriage thing is the least of my options.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2007
funkybaby:

@imani

ok dear. thanks. but i can't help but to worry. if not for him, i would have had plans to either stay put in naija or go to canada for my masters. vor and akolawole have already explained that my status on the dependant thing still ties to whatever status he has. assuming i get the dependant visa now and he can't renew his own visa by april next year?what now happens to me? the dependant/marriage thing is the least of my options.

If you have the financially means to go to Canada to study, why not explore that option? At least for your studies in case he isn't planning anything on the marriage front. It just seems a bit too much to place your hopes on him as you don't know what the future will bring. Developing yourself in terms of education and building a career will add to your CV as well.  Or better still, if you can get a good job in Nigeria with links to the UK, then try that.

On the other hand, if you get a dependent visa, whenever he applys or changes status, you switch with him accordingly.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2007
Imani,

I didn't go .

Saturday I was too busy working so I had hoped to go on the Sunday when I got info it was cancelled.
Later I was told it actually went ahead on Sunday anyway though it ended early.
Anyway, there is always next year. Hope to see you there then, no excuses this time. wink.

Yes O immigration is my home, though I can often also be found in the romance/sexuality threads
giving my little pearls of wisdom and benefit of my many and varied experiences. Know what I mean? wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2007
VOR:

Imani,

I didn't go .

Saturday I was too busy working so I had hoped to go on the Sunday when I got info it was cancelled.
Later I was told it actually went ahead on Sunday anyway though it ended early.
Anyway, there is always next year. Hope to see you there then, no excuses this time. wink.

Yes O immigration is my home, though I can often also be found in the romance/sexuality threads[b][/b]
giving my little pearls of wisdom and benefit of my many and varied experiences. Know what I mean? wink

Lets hope your wifey doesn't get to read of your escapades lipsrsealed

Back to topic,

What do you suggest as the best possible option for funkybaby ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2007
Imani:

Lets hope your wifey doesn't get to read of your escapades lipsrsealed

Back to topic,

What do you suggest as the best possible option for funkybaby ?

Wife? ssshhhhhh. grin grin

Re: Funky,

If I were her I would ensure that any leave to remain I obtain in the UK is
in my own right and not dependent on anyone else. I know she says she is
very much in love with her boyfriend but if the relationship sours and she is
his dependant then she will be in a very vulnerable position.

Nothing she does has any guarantees but I think her best way forward
is to do her one year masters followed by the Scottish talent scheme. Even
whilst she is on the scheme she can attempt to switch to WP employment/HSMP before
the two years is up. She then has to string things out for five years till she obtains her
ILR.

Marrying her boyfriend at this point will give her no advantage in immigration terms
as he only has limited leave to remain.

What do you think?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2007
VOR:

Wife? ssshhhhhh. grin grin

Re: Funky,

If I were her I would ensure that any leave to remain I obtain in the UK is
in my own right and not dependent on anyone else. I know she says she is
very much in love with her boyfriend but if the relationship sours and she is
his dependant then she will be in a very vulnerable position.

Nothing she does has any guarantees but I think her best way forward
is to do her one year masters followed by the Scottish talent scheme. Even
whilst she is on the scheme she can attempt to switch to WP employment/HSMP before
the two years is up. She then has to string things out for five years till she obtains her
ILR.

Marrying her boyfriend at this point will give her no advantage in immigration terms
as he only has limited leave to remain.

What do you think?

I never looked at it from the angle you pointed out, that is  if anything should happen to the relationship with her as his dependent.

Please funkybaby, if you have a chance to come and study in the UK, pls take it. From there you can work part-time and get yourself into the sysytem and get the benefits of a student as stated by VOR and still get to see your boyfriend. Another option mentioned earlier is working holiday maker. . . i don't know how many nigerians apply for this though, you can look it on on the home office website.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2007
@Funkybaby

Imani and Baba VOR had hit the nail on the head.

When love comes into immigration issue, i try to be careful.

Most especially when one of the patner is located accross the atlantic ocean.

Please bear with my silence on the matter

@Imani & VOR

Many Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ imani, vor and akolawole

ouch!  embarassed thanks for hitting the nail on the head. i will take to you guys advice and do my thing independently. i will try the scottish option.

what will you guys do if you were in my BOYFRIEND'S situation, given his background which i have tried to explain as much as possible. i still can't help worrying about him.

what do you guys know about canada's immigration laws regarding after one year of study in a canadian university? do their laws also encourage/favour graduating students to build their future in canada?

thanks a lot !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2007
funkybaby:

@ imani, vor and akolawole

ouch! embarassed thanks for hitting the nail on the head. i will take to you guys advice and do my thing independently. i will try the scottish option.

what will you guys do if you were in my BOYFRIEND'S situation, given his background which i have tried to explain as much as possible. i still can't help worrying about him.

what do you guys know about canada's immigration laws regarding after one year of study in a canadian university? do their laws also encourage/favour graduating students to build their future in canada?

thanks a lot !

Funky

Good luck with whatever decision you choose to take.

If you look back through this thread you will see what my
thoughts are on your boyfriend's situation.

As for Canada other than reading what is available through
the internet I really don't have much idea as to how their
immigration system is geared, though I would guess that
a lot of the basic principles are similar to those of the UK.
But then you never know, Canada has a reputation for
encouraging legal migration.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2007
hi guys, i had lodged my appeal on 6th nov 2006, ait asks ECO to file appeal bundle but he didn't, first they gave 76 days time to file that bundle, but he failed, then they gave more 56 days time to file that bundle,,,,,i was told it was my appeal hearing on 8th may but when i contacted AIT , they emailed me back, and said they couldn't list my appeal for hearing due to heavy load of paper hearings, my appeal will list for hearing at the earliest opportunity.but i still haven't received any acknowledgement from AIT.

please kindly let me know what do i do now?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2007
casperc100:

hi guys, i had lodged my appeal on 6th nov 2006, ait asks ECO to file appeal bundle but he didn't, first they gave 76 days time to file that bundle, but he failed, then they gave more 56 days time to file that bundle,,,,,i was told it was my appeal hearing on 8th may but when i contacted AIT , they emailed me back, and said they couldn't list my appeal for hearing due to heavy load of paper hearings, my appeal will list for hearing at the earliest opportunity.but i still haven't received any acknowledgement from AIT.

There isn't really a lot you can do other than to remain patient and contact them for progress from time to time.
You should also seriously consider ( Plan B) making arrangements to study elsewhere abroad if time is of the essence.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 18, 2007
spent the last 2 hours reading thru this thread

reminded me of another one i participated on where 'CAPABLE 4' were on hand to offer advice

That's when I remembered I still have refusal/appeal issues

I'll come back and post

all this reading gave me a headache sad
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 2:35am On Jun 18, 2007
casperc100:

Like VOR said, there is really nothing you can do at the moment. they will list it as soon as they can and your case will be heard.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2007
casperc100:

Please go with what VOR stated to you here. Get a plan B!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2007
thank u guys, i almost waited seven months , now i know that hearing is not so late, it will be heard soon, but all i want to know what are the chances of my appeal when eco has not filed the appeal bundle?
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 8:10am On Jun 19, 2007
@casperc100
first you dont need to be worried about that, i think the Eco just made the case easier for you, unless you used forged bank statements, in which case the eco sends the letter from the bank confirming that the statements are forged along with your docs and doesnt bother to file a bundle, but if that isn't the case then you can relax a little if you trully marshalled your points well.
I guess your appeal has been heard,considering your time-frame i also got a similar email from the ait a week ago saying that my appeal was yet to be heard only to get a mail allowing my appeal yesterday.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 8:19am On Jun 19, 2007
@casperc100
i think that is just the new modus operandi for answering enquiries for paper appeals, pray and wait for a week or two, there is just a week difference between our cases.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 4:38am On Jun 20, 2007
@lelele

thanks, i must congratulate u, so many congratulations to u on your success, well my case isn't about forged documents,, i was refused cause of english proficiency though i'm not weak at english, i have sent all my academic documents and english diploma,, i have achieved higher marks in english, but that ECO was stupid,,,lelele, i think i'll get their response till 1st july or may be later than that,,, let me know about your case,,, was it paper or oral hearing,,, eco had filed the bundle or not,,,,, please reply soon,,,,i'll be waiting for your response, thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2007
VOR, MR PATAKI, AKOLAWOLE

where are you, don't go on vacation just yet.

Anyways
MY CASE

I travelled to the UK in 2003, before that i had gone in 1991 and lived there as a child from 1984-1989
Applied for WHM visa in 2004 was refused, interview was horrible the ECO 'insulted' me all sorts of things, as at then I was employed but salary wasn''t it so iused mum's acct as sponsor
I appealled, the date for hearing was 2005 JAN, it was refused , appealed again it was refused.
So i continued with my life. Got a new job in 2006 and in November I applied for 2 years, used mum's acct,submitted my employment letter with salary stated, photocopy of company ID CARD

It was paper application, was refused ECO wrote this long page insinuating amongst other things that the stamps of previous travel on my passports were fake, that I didnot show evidenceof funding the trip( i did- submitted my mum's acct) or evidence of economic and family ties( i di , submitted ID card and employment letter where salary is 6 figures)

I appealled again and I have not heard from them till date, not even an acknowledgement that it was recieved

So I throw this open to the house

What do I do?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2007
salsera:

VOR, MR PATAKI, AKOLAWOLE

where are you, don't go on vacation just yet.

Anyways
MY CASE

I travelled to the UK in 2003, before that i had gone in 1991 and lived there as a child from 1984-1989
Applied for WHM visa in 2004 was refused, interview was horrible the ECO 'insulted' me all sorts of things, as at then I was employed but salary wasn''t it so iused mum's acct as sponsor
I appealled, the date for hearing was 2005 JAN, it was refused , appealed again it was refused.
So i continued with my life. Got a new job in 2006 and in November I applied for 2 years, used mum's acct,submitted my employment letter with salary stated, photocopy of company ID CARD

It was paper application, was refused ECO wrote this long page insinuating amongst other things that the stamps of previous travel on my passports were fake, that I didnot show evidenceof funding the trip( i did- submitted my mum's acct) or evidence of economic and family ties( i di , submitted ID card and employment letter where salary is 6 figures)

I appealled again and I have not heard from them till date, not even an acknowledgement that it was recieved

So I throw this open to the house

What do I do?

When was your last appeal and to where did you send it?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:17am On Jun 21, 2007
@Salsera

I think i will leave Baba VOR to give you the needed advice though i may add(if needed)

1) Is it 2 years Multiple Visitors visa?

2) You lived in UK as a Child for 5 years? Do BHC knows about these? If yes on what capacity?

3) Did your submit your payslips?

4) How long do you spend in UK in your last visit?

Stamps on Passport

BHC know people back-date bla bla bla so they don't really believe in those stamps our immigration officers embossed on the passport.

For the past 2 years, they've started checking with the airline? prominent among them is BA and Virgin.
They once ask my brother to go and bring his boarding pass to confirm he actually spend 3 weeks in UK as stamped embarassed
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2007
@casperc100
like i said earlier, my case is very similar to yours, it was a paper hearing and the eco did not file the bundle.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2007
@lelele,,,,, thanks ,,,, i had lost my patience, courage,,, but now, i think i can wait an year more, thanks lelele,,,i hope i'll get their response in a week or two smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2007
@VOR

i filed December 2007 i sent it by fax

they returned the appeal forms saying it was not complete(they didnt get all the pages of the fax)

so i filled a new form and sent appeal thru my cousin to mmy uncle in the UK( same people i wud have stayed with)
he's a lawyer( but does not handle immigration cases per se) so he then sent it to the appeal court. I asked for a oral hearing where uncle wud represent me

Since february neither of us have recieved any communcation from them.

The previous appeal was in May 2004 but that was for WHM visa
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2007
Akolawole:

@Salsera

I think i will leave Baba VOR to give you the needed advice though i may add(if needed)

1) Is it 2 years Multiple Visitors visa?

2) You lived in UK as a Child for 5 years? Do BHC knows about these? If yes on what capacity?

3) Did your submit your payslips?

4) How long do you spend in UK in your last visit?

Stamps on Passport

BHC know people back-date bla bla bla so they don't really believe in those stamps our immigration officers embossed on the passport.

For the past 2 years, they've started checking with the airline? prominent among them is BA and Virgin.
They once ask my brother to go and bring his boarding pass to confirm he actually spend 3 weeks in UK as stamped embarassed

1. The visa i currently applied for was 2 yrs multiple
2. yes i stated dates of previous travel in the forms they dated back as far as 1982/83. My dad was as an expartiate in UK for almost ten years just after i was born he worked for West african shipping line
3. No did not submit payslips, before october 2006 i had menial jobs so my acct would not have shown much cash. i applied for the visa in November 2006 so I just one payslip from my current job. i used my mum's acct stated her as my sponsor . I just added my employment letter and ID card. I wanted to travel in Dec 2006 for 2 wks max combining it with a wedding in the US. I got US visa but UK no gree.

4. My last visit was 2003 i had six months visa and i stayed 3 months and 3 weeks. (my parents were in the US, sista was doing NYSC so i waited till sum1 was back home)

Please remember this was a paper application, the best they could have done to clarify was call me for oral interview
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2007
Your case appears to be a winnable case because you have rich immigration history with UK.

How did you draft your appeal?

Can you IF POSSIBLE [/b]upload your 2 most recent refusals and the last 2 decisions by UK Judge.

[b]DEFINITELY, there is problem somewhere.

While uploading, please remove your name, reference numbers and every single thing that can reveal your identity. I beg!
Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2007
@akolawole

Will work that out somehow

hey just noticed we live in the same city
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2007
salsera:

@VOR

i filed December 2007 i sent it by fax

they returned the appeal forms saying it was not complete(they didnt get all the pages of the fax)

so i filled a new form and sent appeal through my cousin to mmy uncle in the UK( same people i would have stayed with)
he's a lawyer( but does not handle immigration cases per se) so he then sent it to the appeal court. I asked for a oral hearing where uncle would represent me

Since february neither of us have recieved any communcation from them.

The previous appeal was in May 2004 but that was for WHM visa

@Salsera

I assume you mean December 2006 rather than 2007.
Did you receive communication from either the AIT or the ECO
in Feb 2007 and if so what was the nature of this communication?

Have you tried chasing them for an update?

@Ako

I'm not sure any benefit can be derived from concentrating
on issues/appeals which have already been adjudicated upon.
Let us start from the basis of the current refusal and appeal.
So if Salsera can upload this refusal and her grounds of appeal (GOA)
we will be able to advise further and possibly add suplementary
GOAs.

Over to you Salsera.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2007
VOR:

I'm not sure any benefit can be derived from concentrating
on issues/appeals which have already been adjudicated upon.
Let us start from the basis of the current refusal and appeal.
So if Salsera can upload this refusal and her grounds of appeal (GOA)
we will be able to advise further and possibly add suplementary
GOAs.

My problem is, if care is not taken and we don't dig-deep to the beginning i am afraid she may be refused forever.

Recall according to her, this is the third appeal and you know UK immigration judge favours appealant with long-standing UK immigration history.

I believe the problem might even be more than grounds of appeal.

Something is wrong somewhere cry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 22, 2007
@akolawole

I accept refusal again, the last 2 left be 'scarred' cos I knew i wasn't running off

will upload the details as soon as I can
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:48am On Jun 22, 2007
salsera:

1) I accept refusal again, the last 2 left be 'scarred' because I knew i wasn't running off

2) will upload the details as soon as I can

1) I dont understand that statement o.

2) Please re-type the whole paper-work but remove all your personal details.

3) which airline do you take the last time? you may need a letter from them

@ VOR

Dont you think we need to launch a thread on the rules guiding 6 months 2 years UK multiple visas?
e.g People that applt for 2 weeks visa but were given 6 months and stays in England for almost 6 months.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2007
@akolawole

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING REGARDING BHC CONTACTING THE AIRLINE TO CONFIRM IF AN INDIVIDUAL ACTUALLY STAYED LONGER THAN NECCESSARY when did they start that one again personally, i have not stayed longer than 2months at a time in uk and i have had no cause to backdate my passport neither have my application for renewal been refused.

but if what you are saying is true, then 'ko ma funny o' ! my younger sis who won the appeal is currently in uk and she intends staying for 4 months and then backdating it to read say 6weeks. are u saying that she can be caught and her chances for another refusal very high? she flew with virgin o ! sad

but i thought in accordance with the immigration rules, it is okay to stay in the uk as long as you do not exceed 6months at a strech and you do not work or seek recourse to public funds. ki ni problem awon BHC sef?

in my sister's case, she intends having fun in uk for the whole 4months because she is not doing anything in naija at the moment. she intends touring most parts of uk including scotland. is there any crime in that? no be her papa money she dey spend? its not like she is depending on money from british govt or anything like that. besides, na summer we dey. this is the peak holiday season.

besides, i have a lot of friends that do this backdating thing. never heard of any of them being refused when renewing their visas.

bhc should take it easy on nigerians. wetin sef? all the energy they are spending tackling nigerians should be diverted to the BHCs @ asia, pakistan, india, iraq, etc. the population of immigrants from those courntries is far far more than those from nigeria.

has anyone been to a place like birmingham recently??

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.