Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,578 members, 7,972,154 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 04:31 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (282056 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2007
@casper100,
can he go for the visa now. Is he not qualify to get his Visa?
or are u saying that because of that last sentence, did he still need to ask for review of the appeal or to contact BHC abuja for his Visa?
hope to read ur reply soon.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2007
guseman:

@casper100,
can he go for the visa now. Is he not qualify to get his Visa?
or are u saying that because of that last sentence, did he still need to ask for review of the appeal or to contact BHC abuja for his Visa?
hope to read your reply soon.

I thought you drafted this your friends appeal? The HC in Abuja will contact your friend.

How many times will you be told
He has won his appeal  outrightly. That is the fact. Why did you say the refusal was  racial discrimination inclined in the first place undecided ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kitaun(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2007
@Guse

area!!! cheesy

why u still dey worry urself? shocked

dem don allow the appeal, abeg carry go jare! wink

@ least u don use racial discrimanation bobo d oyinbo judge, whether hin like or not, d thing go dey hin mind gidigba when hin dey try make hin decision grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2007
@guseman,,,,

well i think he has won the appeal, but judge didn't agree with that point, but its ok appeal has been allowed, he has to contact the high comission smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2007
@everyone

My UK student visa was refused on 9 october 2006, then i appealed on 6th november 2006, huh it tooks a long time, they gave 76 days time to ECO to file appeal bunde by 1 March 2007. but he couldn't, then AIT gave him more 56 days time to file that bundle without any further delay.

but he still haven't filed an appeal bundle till the hearing. now it was my appeal hearing on 8th may 2007, since then i haven't receive any aknowledgement of AIT.

The AIT said my appeal will be heard at the earliest available oppurtuinity, My Appeal was not heard on 8th may cause there were so many paper cases awaiting to be heard by Adjudicator,,,thats what i got through email, but now i can't email them cause i'm getting undeliverable message.i got that email on 4th june, could anyone tell me my appeal has been heard or not.

all i want to know whats the maximum time for an appeal (paper hearing) to be heard by an immigration judge.
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2007
casperc100:

all i want to know whats the maximum time for an appeal (paper hearing) to be heard by an immigration judge.
Thanks

There is no maximum time for a paper hearing appeal. They will definitely sit on your case anytime from the date they told you and communicate the decision to you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2007
i mean, appeal hearing date was 8th may 2007 but it was not heard on that date cause so many paper cases awaiting to be heard by adjudicator, they said they were going to list my appeal hearing at earliest availabe oppurtuinity,,,thats what i was told on 4th june through email,,,,, all i want to know how much time can it take to be heard? a month two three??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2007
@casperc100
wow it's interesting that they havent heard yr case, well in my cas ei worried those guys kept sending mails and faxed letter asking them to be prompt( but i sincerely dont think that helped in expediting my case, i beleive it followed the proper time course) maybe this week something will come out, just remain hopeful and pray.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2007
@mr Pataki,@Kitaun and others,
I thank una veri much.Infact i am very happy.why the racial descrimination thing is that we all no that all these UK universities get agent to canvass student for them , after we don pay huge amount of money for Visa, all they do is to refuse us Visa with baseless excuses?
is that not funny.
once again, i thank you all for the clarification jare. my mind don come settle down koolie. tongue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2007
@lelele,
hi,,, how r u?? i want to know at what date you got ur determination papers, cause there is only 10 days difference b/w mine and urs appeal? please let me know? i'm very worried about my appeal,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2007
@everyone,
The HC has invited the guy for his Visa.
Thanks to you all!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2007
@guseman

congrats. but tell your friend never to try that 'racial discrimination' thing again UNLESS he has sufficient evidence to prove it. it might work seriously against him next time.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2007
funkybaby:

@guseman

congrats. but tell your friend never to try that 'racial discrimination' thing again UNLESS he has sufficient evidence to prove it. it might work seriously against him next time.

I quite agree with you. Except one has compelling proof of racism, never dare go that angle.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2007
Tats:

I quite agree with you. Except one has compelling proof of racism, never dare go that angle.

Well it never did guseman any harm. undecided undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 12:57am On Jul 05, 2007
VOR:

Well it never did guseman any harm. undecided undecided

Yes it never did his friend any harm cause he had a solid case overall. Its always better to quote what the ECO said if racism is implied and let the judge make the conclusion from it rather than allege it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2007
Thanks for the clarification my people. i really appreceate you guys. we got the scope here to tackle the points the ECO used to refused the Visa actually from you guys.
Thanks to Seun,Vor,funkybabe and your guys.
ese gan ni. grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2007
Tats:

Yes it never did his friend any harm cause he had a solid case overall. Its always better to quote what the ECO said if racism is implied and let the judge make the conclusion from it rather than allege it.

Unless you allege it no judge will consider it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2007
@I-man,VOR,
[b]If you are a UK citizen who has not been ordinarily resident for 3 years in the UK.You still have to pay the full amount.I agree sha,foreign passports help a lot.
Pls does this mean that i would pay the fees for international students or will i pay the fees for citizens but in full?
I am kinda confused here.
@VOR
Thanks for the advice though i am yet to collect the passport.I would do that next week.I am currently doing my NYSC so i hope to travel by Feb 2008.Just need to get the facts into my head so that i can plan ahead.
How possible is it for me to get a job that befits my status?Is there any thing i need to do?Do i have automatic resident and work permits?If yes, please what are the benefits?
I intend to apply for my Masters now against february next year(even though i do not have the funds now and may not resume till september next year).Is it a wise idea or do i wait till i get there?
When deferring admissions are u charged for it?

I await your responses.
Thanx a million
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
@everyone,
i think no one is sincere with me in this forum except lelele,,,,,plz anyone reply to my post, it was my uk visa appeal hearing on 8th may, but it still haven't heard my appeal cause of heavy load of paper hearings awaiting to be heard by adjudicator,,, i emailed AIT many times but i got no response from them, kindly please let me know how much time does it take for an appeal to be heard,,,,,though eight months have gone,
let me know my appeal determination is near or far away,
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by cutemoi: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
@Funkybaby,
Ma appeal was allowed on the 16th of May dis year but BHC is yet to call me for ma visa.Was there today but i was told dat i will be called soon.D prob is dat d school resumes mid august and i dont want to rush things.Kindly give advise on what steps to take considering the fact dat your sis was once in my position.plz render all assistance dat you can.

@VOR,Akolawole and Londoncool,
Ma appeal was allowed on the 16th of May dis year but BHC is yet to call me for ma visa.Was there today but i was told dat i will be called soon.D prob is dat d school resumes mid august and i dont want to rush things.Kindly give advise on what steps to take considering the fact dat Londoncool was once in my position.Am trying to prevent the late hour stress coz am a skinny girl and cant withstand any stress.Tenks grin
u guyz shld enjoy d summer but not disappear coz some pips need your advises!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2007
@cutemoi

i was once in your position February this year but i later got it.

what i did was that i sent a letter to the second secreatary immigration at the BDHC telling him about my problem. included in the letter is my admission letter and a copy of my appeal determination and i was called on the 4th day to come to the embassy to collect my visa.

if you check this tread very well you will see my post there when i told the house about my sucess both in the appeal and in the embassy.

if you need any more clarifications you can contact me.

all the best
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
liliana:

@I-man,VOR,
[b]If you are a UK citizen who has not been ordinarily resident for 3 years in the UK.You still have to pay the full amount.I agree sha,foreign passports help a lot.
Please does this mean that i would pay the fees for international students or will i pay the fees for citizens but in full?
I am kind of confused here.
@VOR
Thanks for the advice though i am yet to collect the passport.I would do that next week.I am currently doing my NYSC so i hope to travel by Feb 2008.Just need to get the facts into my head so that i can plan ahead.
How possible is it for me to get a job that befits my status?Is there any thing i need to do?Do i have automatic resident and work permits?If yes, please what are the benefits?
I intend to apply for my Masters now against february next year(even though i do not have the funds now and may not resume till september next year).Is it a wise idea or do i wait till i get there?
When deferring admissions are u charged for it?

I await your responses.
Thanx a million

Can you tell me exactly what your status is and what type of job befits this status.
I must warn you however that there are very few CEO positions in the UK for a 24 year old,
black, female ex youth corper. grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2007
lol @ status undecided

Please does this mean that i would pay the fees for international students or will i pay the fees for citizens but in full?
I am kind of confused here.
Students living/settled in the UK/EU three years preceding the start of a course are considered to Home students.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 12:36am On Jul 07, 2007
casperc100:

@everyone,
i think no one is sincere with me in this forum except lelele,,,,,plz anyone reply to my post, it was my uk visa appeal hearing on 8th may, but it still haven't heard my appeal cause of heavy load of paper hearings awaiting to be heard by adjudicator,,, i emailed AIT many times but i got no response from them, kindly please let me know how much time does it take for an appeal to be heard,,,,,though eight months have gone,
let me know my appeal determination is near or far away,
Thanks
Don't say that people are not sincere with u. What we do here is to give our best advice based on experience. I earlier told you that your appeal can only be heard after 8th may and it is not compulsory that it must be heard within a specific time after the 8th. The date given to u was only an estimate and the actual date depends on the volume of paperwork they have. I know of an appeal that lasted 15 months to be heard and several months for the visa to be issued by the HC so dont think that 8 months is too long. The duration for appeals has just gotten better in recent periods. I guess u are anxious becos of time constraints. Why dont u call them?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2007
@VOR,
Interesting!!!!What i actually meant by status was that i am a first degree holder.Please forgive me if i used the wrong word.
I am aware that most of the britons don't really study as much as we nigerans.So,i believe that with a first degree i should be better than some.
Anyways,it would not be bad if i get a CEO position rightaway.I could start in ur company!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Thanks all the same for the effort u have put to respond to my questions.I really do appreciate.May God bless you.How is your son?

I await,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 12:11am On Jul 08, 2007
Liliana,

I was just joking with you.

But on a serious note there are a lot of
degree holders in the UK and a lot of them
work in jobs which they may consider not to
be commensurate with their educational attainment.
That is the way of the labour market.

Do not expect to walk into a job on the basis that you
have a first or even second degree. In general It doesn't
work like that here. Employers are more interested in what
you can do and what life skills and work experience you have
rather than how many paper qualifications you possess.

My son is fine thank you. Have you met him? Or how do you know
of him?

Anyway good luck. Let me know when you are travelling so I can
arrange a reception committee befitting your status. wink grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2007
@VOR

i think you've kinda misinterpreted lilian's question or maybe i am the one that has gotten things mixed up.

From her posts, i guess she is a british citizen that has just recently applied for her british passport(she is still yet to collect it from the home office). she intends studying for her masters next year. from the little i know, you cant just carry your ' british pali' direct from naija and then claim you want to study for masters and still pay the UK citizens' fee without having stayed in the UK for at least 3years. Am i right or wrong?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2007
@liliana

VOR is right. Dont come to the UK dreaming of a fantastic job , you might be highly disappointed o! experience is wat matters in UK not your qualification. I know peeps here with nice degrees from naija that are doing 'care' job and even security sef.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2007
funkybaby:

@VOR

i think you've kind of misinterpreted lilian's question or maybe i am the one that has gotten things mixed up.

From her posts, i guess she is a british citizen that has just recently applied for her british passport(she is still yet to collect it from the home office). she intends studying for her masters next year. from the little i know, you can't just carry your ' british pali' direct from naija and then claim you want to study for masters and still pay the UK citizens' fee without having stayed in the UK for at least 3years. Am i right or wrong?

Funky

You may well be right.

But I have not offered an opinion on this aspect
of her question because it is not really immigration
related and I don't know the answer.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2007
@casperc100

why not call the AIT? its the best thing to do.

also, take time out to read through this thread very carefully. Mtself, VOR, muyiwabank,mrpataki,bigbumper and several others have thporoughly discussed virtually ALL issues relating to uk visa appeal process.

this may be the reason why we might not respond to your post because its like repeating over and over again what has already been discussed.

like i have said several times on this thread, uk visa appeal requires patience and prayers.

don't worry, you will have a positive testimony to share here at the end of it all.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2007
@ VOR

ok then. guess its up to liliana to clarify the issues raised.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2007
@muyiwabank

muyiwa hi. guess you are doing great? how's your end?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.