Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,568 members, 7,972,137 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:46 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (282053 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2007
salsera:

@VOR

I called AIT they said they do not have any record of having recieved my forms undecided

Sorry to hear that Salsera.

I did kind of suspect this might be the case and that is why in my previous
post I said: "if there is a valid appeal pending" Six months even by AIT standards
is a long time without even an acknowledgement of receipt.

I think you need to question your UK sponsors. When and how did they
send the appeal? Meaning was it by registered post and have they kept
the receipt of postage?

If not then I am afraid it is now too late to appeal. You will then have to
apply afresh and hope that this time you have a lot more luck.
Let me know how you wish to proceed and I will try and assist with the application.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2007
@Salsera

Since you obtained your your US visa have you actually
visited the US and if so which route did you use?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:00am On Jul 17, 2007
@ Salsera,
I have read your notice of refusal. Sincerely, you have every right not to be refused at all.
Your past immigration history if correct as stated by you, should be enough to convince the ECO that you do not intend to overstay your visit for whatever reason.

Anyway, I will suggest, you write a letter of reconsideration to the High Commission, and tell address each of those stupid and flimsy paragraph the ECO stated out to you. Also i suggest you appeal against the decision of the ECO too. If you rebuttals are very strong against the ECO, theres are high possiblity of you been called soonest. I just did that for someone who had the same refusal as yours here.

I would have helped you out but am travelling at the moment, and wont have time for the internet till Monday nextweek hopefully.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2007
@ Dis guy and the other tramp(Jackal),
Sorry but please apply better reasoning when typing here next time. cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Jackal(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2007
@ Mrpataki,

Without wasting time and words on you.
I think your father is a tramp not me!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking self-servicer!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 11:06am On Jul 17, 2007
@
what will the high commission ask me to bring along after winning a student appeal, when i am called to collect my visa.
I have a feeling those guys (awon oyinbo) are reading this forum, i just think we should be a little more careful with posts on this forum.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Salsera,
Also i suggest you appeal against the decision of the ECO too.

@Mr Pataki

With all due deference and respect to all the enlightening contributions you have made to this and other threads
I don't see how she can successfully appeal now. If I am not wrong she was turned down for the visa late last year.
She would have had 28 days from then to appeal. The deadline has long since passed. So unless she has very strong
grounds to lodge a late appeal any such appeal will be opposed by the Presenting Officers Unit and in all likelihood
the objection will be upheld by the judge.

Her best bet really is to apply again and try to ensure all bases are covered in accordance with the rules.
i.e a good sponsor in the uk, every reason to return to Nigeria e.g a solid job, strong finances, letter from employer. etc.
I am unsure why the ECO took issue with her Nigerian entry stamps and if she is refused again for this reason it is something which may only be given consideration at appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2007
VOR:

@Mr Pataki

With all due deference and respect to all the enlightening contributions you have made to this and other threads
I don't see how she can successfully appeal now. If I am not wrong she was turned down for the visa late last year.
She would have had 28 days from then to appeal. The deadline has long since passed. So unless she has very strong
grounds to lodge a late appeal any such appeal will be opposed by the Presenting Officers Unit and in all likelihood
the objection will be upheld by the judge.

Her best bet really is to apply again and try to ensure all bases are covered in accordance with the rules.
i.e a good sponsor in the uk, every reason to return to Nigeria e.g a solid job, strong finances, letter from employer. etc.
I am unsure why the ECO took issue with her Nigerian entry stamps and if she is refused again for this reason it is something which may only be given consideration at appeal.

I also believe it will be too late to appeal especially after such a long time. Re-applying will be best.

With regards to the issues with the entry stamps, I suggest she puts in supporting documents such as airline ticket/boarding passes if she still has them or get the airline(s) to give her a letter confirming that she flew with them on the said dates into Nigeria. May be a tough one if it has been a long time, but that is an option.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2007
Tats:

I also believe it will be too late to appeal especially after such a long time. Re-applying will be best.

With regards to the issues with the entry stamps, I suggest she puts in supporting documents such as airline ticket/boarding passes if she still has them or get the airline(s) to give her a letter confirming that she flew with them on the said dates into Nigeria. May be a tough one if it has been a long time, but that is an option.

@Tats

Well said, this may be a way out.

But remember in the refusal notice the ECO only referred to anomalies
and inconsistencies without specifying what they were.
So providing airline tickets or stubs may not be enough.
She needs to know what the anomalies were and then
address them specifically.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2007
@VOR

i'm intend to reapply

so in light of the past what documents should i bring

i'm considering

1. Bank statements 6 months
2. Payslips for past 6 months
3. Letter from employer
4. Employment letter
5. I think i still have the ticket and maybe boarding pass

Should i also submit evidence of travel history and residenc when i was young? undecided
Maybe that's part of the anomalies elsewise i'm not sure what that ECO was talking abt

Should i also write a separate letter concerning the last refusals

Basically advice on how to reapply
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2007
@VOR
i'm yet to travel to US, intend to combine the two during this leave

(apologies for the typos in the last post)
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2007
VOR:

@Tats

Well said, this may be a way out.

But remember in the refusal notice the ECO only referred to anomalies
and inconsistencies without specifying what they were.

So providing airline tickets or stubs may not be enough.
She needs to know what the anomalies were and then
address them specifically.

True, but at the end the ECO said that the landing stamps could not be relied on to prove travel history. Inconsistencies could be with the visas, entry/exit stamps, or passport, all of which I can only guess. They will likely not tell her what the anomalies/inconsistencies are, so it is best she just proves to them that she actually travelled according to the dates in her passport.

salsera:

@VOR

i'm intend to reapply, so in light of the past what documents should i bring

i'm considering

1. Bank statements 6 months
2. Payslips for past 6 months
3. Letter from employer
4. Employment letter
5. I think i still have the ticket and maybe boarding pass

Should i also submit evidence of travel history and residenc when i was young? undecided
Maybe that's part of the anomalies elsewise i'm not sure what that ECO was talking about

Should i also write a separate letter concerning the last refusals

Basically advice on how to reapply

The documents are okay to apply. But I believe in general, it is better to give all relevant documents that can support your application rather than giving less documents. Anything that can prove your travel history will be good. Not really sure you should write a letter regarding the last refusals but you could write a letter detailing conscisely, your travel history and residences.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2007
@everyone,
i called the AIT two days ago, i told her it was my appeal hearing on 8th may 2007 but it has not been heard, she said, my appeal will be listed for hearing but she couldn't tell me the exact date, cause they haven't heard from the hearing center, any guy, please tell me what do i do now?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 2:01am On Jul 18, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Dis guy and the other tramp(Jackal),
Sorry but please apply better reasoning when typing here next time. cool

I type where i want big fool! if you dont like it please dont read it. i see you take yourself so important on here like some cheap village chief fighting here and there online- old retard
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2007
@ VOR and tats,
Seriously I didn't know this was a case of last year decision by the ECO.

Anyways thanks for the correction.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by cutemoi: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2007
@Muyibank,Funkybaby&Mr Pataki

E se gan ni o.This thread really helps.Ire naa a kari o!all i had to do was send them an e-mail and they called me 2 days after.I have gotten it now and am making my travel plans.One love pips and keep up the good work.We nigerians are indeed fighters!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2007
@cutemoi

that's good news

@to all in the house

ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY

P.S @VOR

How far with help on reapplication. I posted some things i intend to take add with this fresh one, tats has commented how abt you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2007
salsera:

P.S @VOR

How far with help on reapplication. I posted some things i intend to take add with this fresh one, tats has commented how about you.

I did comment on your re-application. See my post number #646.
In addition to that it would probably be a good idea to enclose a
covering letter as you have suggested to address their doubts
about the stamps and any other issues they may have raised
in your previous refusal and which you think can't be addressed
in the application form.

I don't wish to impugn your integrity in any way, but are you
being totally honest. By this I mean have you done anything like arranging
backdated stamps with Nigerian immigration which gives the ECO cause
to doubt the validity of such stamps?

Also you do know it is illegal to work in the UK on a visit visa don't you? wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2007
@VOR
this illegal working thing na wa o, i haave a 20 hour working visa, but can i work for about 40 hrs if i have 2 different jobs, i thought it was possible until my cousin in the U.k told me this week that i migth not be able to hold down 2 jobs without the authority knowing, is this true?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2007
@ cutemoi,
Congrats on your success too!!!!

Who's next cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ funkybaby,
You see just an email will suffice.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2007
@VOR

why is it SOOOO hard for people to believe i'm being honest

I did NOT backdate any stamp okay??

and i am not going to WORK alrit, its my official leave and its barely 2 weeks

i'll check back thru the thread to see if you posted abt reapplication
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kitaun(m): 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2007
all of una dey call AIT, una no go call MITV or Channels? shocked shocked grin

ssup y'all?

hey mrpataki and dis guy, take am easy naw!! wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ All
I have been asked to come pick my visa, (i was sent 2 mails) but interestingly, i was asked to come with a letter of unconditional offer from THE U.k instituion, i guess the word ''the'' clarifies that i must go with the letter of offer from that very school, sorry 4 my earlier coment on the matter, especialy razzy, it was a wrong opinion. Excerpts from the letter:

You will need to provide:

* Your valid passport
* Students must provide an original valid unconditional acceptance letter from the UK institution.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2007
@lelele,

Congrats on your success. Just as I earlier told you, now you have realized it yourself. cool

Well just make sure you get the stated letter from your institution in the UK and get there early on time. I can bet with you, you will meet loads of peeps there who were called as well with you. Also they can decide to close earlier than the stipulated time on the notice board.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ Kitaun,
I wanna start my own MITV CHANNEL of appeal, hope you will be the first to call me up! grin grin

As for the other guy you mentioned, well I have long long ago stopped giving honors to fools on this forum wink wink wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by abes(m): 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2007
@anyone
I want to know if i can reapply IMMEDIATELY after visa denial or i'll need to wait for some time in case i don't want to appeal
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2007
look you smelly bastard you typed my name and butt into something that didn't concern you at all now you turn around to say you don't bother yourself, is old age getting the better of your foolish self?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2007
lelele:

@VOR
this illegal working thing na wa o, i haave a 20 hour working visa, but can i work for about 40 hrs if i have 2 different jobs, i thought it was possible until my cousin in the UK told me this week that i migth not be able to hold down 2 jobs without the authority knowing, is this true?

you can work as much as you like during the holiday-don't over do it remember the more you work the more tax you'll probably pay wink they don't want anyone getting richer than iya charlie esp an outsider cool

considering the fact you only have one N.I the authorities will know if you have two job will probably tax you heavily,whether they do something I don't know. I heard some students had problems renewing/extending their student visa because they worked over the limit.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2007
@ Jack-ass,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Proverbs 26:1 will answer your query and actually address your inanity.

Be warned! lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2007
@all
i want to know, how much time they can take to list my appeal for hearing,,,,they said my appeal is going to be determined on or after 8th may 2007 but it still haven't been heard, all i want to know whats the maximum delay in listing appeal for hearing?
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2007
salsera:

@VOR

why is it SOOOO hard for people to believe i'm being honest

I did NOT backdate any stamp okay??

and i am not going to WORK alrit, its my official leave and its barely 2 weeks

i'll check back through the thread to see if you posted about reapplication

Salsera

Apologies if you were offended by what I said. Hope you understand
it is nothing personal but I do not know you so I have to look at things
from all angles. The angle I was looking at and why I asked you the question is
that the ECO must have had some reason to disbelieve the endorsements in your
passport. However, if you are saying they are all valid then I guess the ECO is mistaken.

With regards to working in the UK. It was just a bit of joshing on my part, although
I do seem to remember you stating somewhere that you had a job in the UK babysitting
or something like that. So you do, as we say here, have form for illegal working. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbaby(f): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hi, Kudos to you guys for your advise on this thread.

Muyiwabank, funkybaby,mr. Pataki, Londoncool,Akolawole baba, VOR and others, I need your advise too.

I applied for UK student visa to a college in Uk in 2005, was called for interview and was eventually refused in August

2005 (I paid oneyear tuition fee in full o, hmm!, i'm working with a airline and I had my company's approval letter to go

on study leave attached, and my father as my sponsor whose statement of account and other documents were also

submitted, his company letter (airline too) confirming he is still working and is capable of sponsoring his daughter and other vital

documents i.e. admission letter from school, receipt of one year tuition payment, receipt showing reservation of hostel

though rent not paid yet, evidence that i've been to the UK before though a long time ago) with option to appeal on the basis that:

he (ECO) doesn't think i'll return cos i'm not married,
and he doesn't think my father will want to spend so much money on me(ridiculous ain't it).

he doesn't think I will not fall back to depending on Public fund etc.

I appealed through a lawyer who took 600pounds for that service, hmm! it was an oral hearing. after a long time, I was

told by my lawyer that we lost the appeal and he filed in for another on the basis that the judge could not see well and

therefore could not digest the content of my document well, blabla bla, so there was going to be a 'RECONSIDERATION

HEARING' slated for April 2007 and i'm to pay the lawyer another 600 pounds. All the while AIT always sends me copies
of dates of these hearings i.e the first and then the reconsideration hearing, I would have doubted the reconsideration hearing of a thing. (My lawyer is based in the UK).

My problem now is my lawyer and the AIT itself.

Obviously the lawyer is dubious (cos i've not come accross any one testifying having payed such ridiculous amount on this thread). I hesitated paying the amount since I could not see any progress in the whole thing, but with persuasions and my helplessness i paid N50,000 and to him I have to balance N100,00.

Until I came across this topic on nairaland I never thought of calling the AIT.

Presently I dont know the position of my appeal, (2) what do you think I could be the outcome considering the length of time. Less I forget I had to defer my admission.

Don't you think I'm in a mess?

Please advise me urgently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.