Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,182 members, 7,884,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (278690 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2007
@lelele,
Congrats on your case. Sorry have not been here in a while now. Anyways, I will suggest you try other ailines. Even Bellview does not have that ridiculous amount you just gave for a one way ticket. Also take along all documents (appeal decision letter and all relevant documents to your tudy) in your hand luggage.

You will seriously be questioned and subjected to a medical test. I prefer gatwick airport to heathrow though.
Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2007
@mrpataki

long time. e kaa bo sir. smiley

do they now incoming international students to medical tests at the airport? shocked

you are right. heathrow could be annoying/fustrating sometimes. gatwick is better than heathrow. its sooo much less stressful and (from my personal experience), the only person you have to answer to is the immigration official stamping your date of entry.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ funkybaby,
Sorry ma. I have been so busy in the last few days. At the moment am in the UK. But not for long though. Cant wait to start eating my boli and epa again. grin grin grin

I prefer gatwick seriously. Seen cases where peeps are refused entrance to the UK at the passport control. Yes they do medical test at the airport but not in all cases, but more attention is given to heathrow airport. At the moment, they are trying take it low, there was a little noise recently and venting of anger by passengers at heathrow airport over delay in checking passegers at heathrow.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2007
@mrpataki

am in UK as well presently. i miss amala with ewedu seriously.  sad

my uncle that was meant to bring loads of 'elubo' with crayfish, 'iru' and other 'orisirisi' for me from naija had it confisticated at heathrow about 3weeks ago. angry
funny thing, he was travelling with a british passport and they searched his luggage.

i've never had any experience like that,  coming through gatwick.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ funkybaby,
Are you on MSN or yahoo? We could chat for a while though. My MSN is xxxxxxx@hotmail.com. grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2007
sorry just seeing your post. i will log on now 2 mine.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2007
@casperc100
Man i feel your pain, but if i remember yr case well it was about your english proficiency, did you do an IESL exam to correct the opinion b4 making the appeal, well wait until you get your determination before making any decision, but maybe you can also reapply, the key is in not giving up. i made 3 applications within 2 years, i have also lost an appeal before, so i know how you must feel. My case was worse than yours but the advantage you have is that any application you make is treated independent of others. If you dont give up you will get it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2007
lelele:

My case was worse than yours but the advantage you have is that any application you make is treated independent of others.

That is not necessarily true. Most applications are assessed with a background knowledge of the what the refusal for the last application was about.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by deor03(m): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2007
@funkybaby

these are the answers to your question

1 I DID NOT submit a tax clearance certificate but i did submit my PAYSLIPS for the past 6 months
2.The bank account is a SPECIAL savings account which allows payment of cheques.
3 the two other reasons were flimsy
a) that i did not go to school between 2002 and now
b) that the ECO is not sure that the course is relevant to my career

However my situation has changed . i have just been granted FULL scholarship for this studies by a body in the UK. definately they will re-apply for me since i told them that i was denied in july.

i hope the earlier application will not affect this new one.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by casperc100: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2007
@funkybaby and @lelele
my appeal was about
1) English Proficiency
2)that i had no information about my college, though i had told him everything
and two other simple reasons which i have forgotten,

though i had submitted proofs of my english proficiency, the judge dismissed my appeal and wrote the same words of Refusal Letter in his determination, i am thinking to make application for Reconsideration,,,,,how much time reconsideration process take?
i hope if i tell the judge about my situation my appeal might be granted, cause there wasn't any Explanatory Statement or any kinda documents from ECO,
Please reply how much time will the reconsideration take
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee(f): 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2007
My student visa application will be 14 working days on monday but the embassy hasn't called my sponsor or place of work. i haven't even been contacted for any reason, guys do u think there's a problem?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by nanana(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
we both have to pray
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee(f): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
ADVICE NEEDED
I have just been refused a UK student visa.The ECO is asking me to submit substantial documents that my sponsor is truly my uncle. The truth is my dad is really my sponsor but he doesn't keep liquid cash; since the embassy wants liquid cash, i have decided not 2 use him. The man posing as my sponsor is infact not actually related 2 me.i have paid more than 50% of my fees.i'm thinking about re-applying immediately but the problem now is that what kind of document can i show that he's indeed my uncle.please urgent answers needed.
ps: i'm truly going 2 study and have no intention whatsoever to remain in their country.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2007
mizztee:

ADVICE NEEDED
I have just been refused a UK student visa.The ECO is asking me to submit substantial documents that my sponsor is truly my uncle. The truth is my dad is really my sponsor but he doesn't keep liquid cash; since the embassy wants liquid cash, i have decided not 2 use him. The man posing as my sponsor is infact not actually related 2 me.i have paid more than 50% of my fees(6000pounds).i'm thinking about re-applying immediately but the problem now is that what kind of document can i show that he's indeed my uncle.please urgent answers needed.
ps: i'm truly going 2 study and have no intention whatsoever to remain in their country.

You have admitted yourself he is not your uncle. So there are no documents you can
submit to prove what is not a fact.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ mizztee,

To be sincere with you, there are no documents to show how you are related to him.
However be the case, do you have a photocopy of your supposed uncle's passport data page? Thats the only thing I can come up with, and maybe your proposed uncle may write a letter of Authority stating his supposedly relationship with you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee(f): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2007
Thanks for your responses.
@ VOR so are u saying everything is hopeless? or because my dad prefers to invest his money in stocks rather than leave it in a bank, then i can't study abroad?
very few people leave money in the bank these days.
@ Mr Pataki, yes i can get a photocopy of his data page that's not a problem at all.
I want to include my dad's stock and property documents, do u think that will also strengthen my application?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2007
mizztee:

@ Mr Pataki, yes i can get a photocopy of his data page that's not a problem at all.
I want to include my dad's stock and property documents worth alot above 20million(naira), do u think that will also strengthen my application?

It could strengthen the application, as well it may jeopardize your application. If you are going to include your father, you will have to use either one of them as your main sponsor and the other as the co-sponsor.
That is now your decision to make.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2007
@Miztee
I agree with mrpataki, you can use share certificates, but you will have to do the valuing yourself and send it there.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee(f): 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2007
okay.
I'm just wondering, don't u think;
1. The BHC will frown at a relative paying a larger amount of the expenses?
2. That i'll look suspicious adding a new sponsor after a refusal?
And will shares be enough to convince them i can pay for my upkeep without a recourse to public funds or working?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2007
@mizztee

I don't think there is a problem changing your sponsor so if you reapply then go ahead and put your Dad as the sponsor

Use his bank statements just like that
And add proof of his shares/assets , maybe get his stock broker to wrtie a letter stating the value of stock, get your dad's data page too at least that shows the relationship in fact add pictures sef!

@ to all advisers here

Thanx smiley smiley smiley smiley grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kelly4life: 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2007
i have just been refused visa by BHC and i am confused over what next to do. a part of the refusal letter reads thus,

'ur bank statement stands in isolation as it has failed to provide documentary evidence of ur sponsors regular income and outgoing or financial commitments.i note you have submitted photocopy of income taxcertificate for your sponsor.this states her income relates to self employment.i also note that your letter of sponsorship came from the company that you are employed by.
without further evidence, i cannot be satisfied that this bank statement is not related to this company or that these funds will be available to pay for your private studies in the united kingdom.section 57 (vii)."

however i know i have two options, either to appeal or to re-apply.i need ur advice as to the best step to follow and how best to follow it, pleaaaaaasee,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Miztee
shares are good but plesae you will have to do the valuing yourself because if you dont those guys will just ignore it, You can easily get a newspaper clipping to do this.
@Kelly4life
If you've got enough yime and money a reapplication is better as long as you can resolve the issues raised in the first application, even if you are refused again it makes your case better for an appeal because the ECo will have no cogent reason for denying you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mizztee(f): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2007
Yeah i think that's what i'm going to do.
I wonder what the ECO means by "outgoing or financial commitments" i would have thought that was tax clearance or properties. na wa 4 this people o! anyway kelly4life i'll advise you to re-apply if you think you can counter all d reasons given by the ECO.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kelly4life: 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2007
please, which document s will be suitable as evidence. i am actually getting confused about this matter and i need some help !!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mia2804(f): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2007
Hi everybody,
i have gon ethrough the thread and i am really impressed with the way issues are addressed here. i read funkybaby's story, muyiwa and i am happy how their situation went.pls i need advice. i have just been refused Visit Uk visa but i have been asked to appeal. i need peoples opinion on how to appeal and if i can appeal on my own
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2007
@mia

you may have give to the details of why you were refused
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mia2804(f): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2007
Thanks
I just got rejected today for a UK Visit Visa but i have been given a right to appeal.I work with an organisation in Abuja but usaually my salary is paid in cheque so i basically do not have a salary account. My sister who lives ere was my sponsor and she attached her recent statement of account from Kakawa Discount House to the tune of about 4.5million naira. we are actually supposed to go on the vacation together. she is married but she is my elder sister(same parents). i also attachhed a reference letter from my investors stating my investment details and the equivalent in pounds. ii also attached my payslips for three months, an intro letter from my employer, my Id card and iV from my cousin in UK, her british passport, my job offer letter and my ID card
i will attach the page with the expalnation that was given for my refusal,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
@mia2804

how do you clear your salary (i mean the cheque you collect fom your office as salary)?
dont you have a bank account?
apart from your sister's fixed deposit, did you submitt her statement too?

with my little experience i am not too sure that those peeps in the high comission normally look at fixed deposit as an acceptable proof of fund because i submitted a fixed deposit certificate of about 160Million naira during my own time and they did not reckon with it at all.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
@mia

1. send 6 months statement of accounts
2. send your payslips , your organisation should have some form of payroll even if its just the photocpy of your cheque to show you have recieved it
3. since your sister is your sponosr you should have put her 6 months statement too and payslips if she has any
4. ur UK hosts should also send proof or his living situation or tax evidence
5. the introduction letter from your company should state that you are going on leave/vacation
6. kakawa discount house is not a bank so let her send her bank statements

also how much money did you state you would take for the trip
how long did you state you would stay

are you really going on vacation
if you are going with your sister was she refused too
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mia2804(f): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2007
salsera (f)
nigeria

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process
« #733 on: Yesterday at 10:25:31 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@mia

1. send 6 months statement of accounts
2. send your payslips , your organisation should have some form of payroll even if its just the photocpy of your cheque to show you have recieved it
3. since your sister is your sponosr you should have put her 6 months statement too and payslips if she has any
4. your UK hosts should also send proof or his living situation or tax evidence
5. the introduction letter from your company should state that you are going on leave/vacation
6. kakawa discount house is not a bank so let her send her bank statements

also how much money did you state you would take for the trip
how long did you state you would stay

are you really going on vacation
if you are going with your sister was she refused too

Salsera,
Thanks,
1. whose 6 months payslip? Mine? i cant get that, like i explained my salary does nt go to the bank i attached my 3 months payslip with the application and i had my capital market(Intercontinenetal bank) to write a reference letter stating the equivalent of my deposit with them in pounds.
2. My sister just recently resigned from NNPC so i can get her bank statement but nt payslips for 6 months. and i can even get the discount house to give 6 months past statement as well.
3. i can also get my host to send in her proof of financial circumstance too
4. the letter of intro from my organisation stated that i was on leave, when i started the job, my position and the purpose of my trip to the UK(summer vacation). None of these pple was contacted when this application was made
5.i said i was spending 800 pounds. my trip 1week, my sister is a frequent visitor to the Uk plus she just finished a course in the Uk sponsored by her former employer so she was just going to renew her visa. So we were really going for vacation.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2007
you said you were spending £800 pounds as spending money for a one week trip to uk  shocked. and this is excluding the cost of your return ticket?? see, this is the mistake people make. how much do you earn monthly that you will spend £800 for just one week vacation. these are the things that the ECO takes into consideration. you should have stated £400 or £500 and you were staying for two weeks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mia2804(f): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2007
funkybaby:

you said you were spending £800 pounds as spending money for a one week trip to uk shocked. and this is excluding the cost of your return ticket?? see, this is the mistake people make. how much do you earn monthly that you will spend £800 for just one week vacation. these are the things that the ECO takes into consideration. you should have stated £400 or £500 and you were staying for two weeks.

Well, mistake already made. i didn't know that and sad and thats why im seeking people's opinions and learning from my mistakes!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.