Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (280685 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2008
vvvjustice:

Now, in your case Mr.MJ2008, (apart from the fact that the course which you intend to take in the UK is as well available in the Philippines) the main point against your success is the fact that you were not able to satisfy the officer on the ground of finance, given that you are unemployed with no reasonable obligation in your home country, and besides, the method of which your sister sponsor planed to sponsor you (by intended loan) does not show financial capability, with all these flaws, i'm afraid to say that the ECO's decision is neither "baseless" nor "useless".

Pataki:

@ MJ2008,

Ma ga na dang who manga. (Can you interprete it?) cheesy

What are you planning on doing? Re-apply or Appeal? In my own opinion, you stand a better chance of appeal than re-applying. The ECO's reason for refusal are baseless and useless.

If there is anything else you wish to ask, do let me know.
I suggest you stop trying to hinge on my points and thinking you are making value with it. I have seen a case where a loan was obtained by a sponsor in the UK to sponsor a student visa application, and it was refused from BHC in Lagos. An appeal was made thereon, and the sponsor went ahead to be present at the hearing to support the reason for obtaining a loan for a student visa study for the appellant.

The case was allowed. I would not tell you what it entails, as I am not responsible for informing you. My calling the reasons for refusal as baseless and useless are well confirmed and strongly based. I hate it when you come here dancing on my point to pass your inputs.

I would strongly suggest you know what you are saying before coming with your usual over-used immigration slogans.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2008
Pataki:

Good for you. Are your sponsors in the UK or Nigeria? You are talking based on your own personal conviction. I am talking based on what I have seen over time. Both are mutually exclusive.

@Pataki,
I am just sharing a personal experience and what I have also seen over time. It does not mean that it will work for him but I am just pointing him to the option that worked for me. It is left for him to look at all points and decide which is best suited for his ownn kind of case.
My sponsor is in 9ja.
Regards.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2008
yomickey:

My sponsor is in Nigeria.
Regards.
Now I can understand your case much better. All well and said, all the best with your studies in the UK.

With kind regards.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2008
Pataki:

Now I can understand your case much better. All well and said, all the best with your studies in the UK.

With kind regards.

Thanks Pataki,
Hope we get to chat or talk more later as we might be able to learn one or two things from one another.
Cheers.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2008
Pataki:

I also stated that the ECO's refusal points were baseless and useless [/b]because there is nothing stopping you from moving to the UK or anywhere else in the world to continue with your education. The UK offers world class standard education, and it is not racially biased towards any nation or race. In as much you meet the requirements of a student visa, by showing consistency with your previous education, having a [b]credible and willing sponsor, you are academically sound and you perfectly understand the requirements enjoined on you as a student visa applicant you should get your visa.

Pataki, you forced me out because of your "yeye" advice cry cry cry

I am dissapointed.

I just dont know where to start. You are 200% Wrong.

1) Did you ask the Filipino those "strong" but basic basic answers he/she wrote in Visa form particularly section 7.

2) Oga, you need to read section 6 very very well.

Is the sponsor's money readily available? i.e Loan in this circumstance?

Loan ko! Loan ni!!

3) Is the applicant's Sister in full time employment?

4) While i agree with you that Oral hearing is somehow better but NOT in all cases. Yours truly opt out of oral hearing last year for technical reasons even though i was readily available to appear in Taylor House.

How on earth could a Sponsor who is not self-sufficient add another financial BURDEN on herself!

@Applicant

You appeal will be thrown out by the immigration judge, even if there is no change of circumstances your fresh application will be refused as well.

Even though i dont have the full info on your application but i advice you get an additional sponsor, let your sister take care of feeding and accomodation only.

My opinion is open to correction from others sha.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by neddy1999(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2008
Please i need advice on this forum. i want to apply for a tourist visa in the uk for my wife but i dont have any letter of invitation, can pay for hotel reservation and will that sertisfy th uk embassy to issue a tourist visa.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2008
@ Mr Pataki, VVVJustice, Yomickey, Presjany, Akola :

Thank you for your advises, Guys, your inputs are highly appreciated. My sister in UK has a full time job and owns a house, she is just awaiting for my visa approval before proceeding with the loan to be sure. However, I already told her to proceed with the loan so that I can submit the document needed in my appeal. Also, I am getting another sponsor to be on the safe side.

My course MBA in Financial Services is a new course being offered at the Univ of Greenwich and this kind of specialization is not available here in the Philippines. Maybe the ECO thinks that all MBAs are the same grin (I can't blame him though for being such ignorant in this matter!!!)

Thanks and God bless All
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vvvjustice: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2008
Akolawole:

I am dissapointed.

I just don't know where to start. You are 200% Wrong.

1) Did you ask the Filipino those "strong" but basic basic answers he/she wrote in Visa form particularly section 7.

Loan ko! Loan ni!![/
b]

4) While i agree with you that Oral hearing is somehow better but NOT in all cases. Yours truly opt out of oral hearing last year for technical reasons even though i was readily available to appear in Taylor House.

[b]How on earth could a Sponsor who is not self-sufficient add another financial BURDEN on herself!

@Applicant

You appeal will be thrown out by the immigration judge, even if there is no change of circumstances your fresh application will be refused as well.

Even though i don't have the full info on your application but i advice you get an additional sponsor, let your sister take care of feeding and accomodation only.

[size=30pt]Respect, Mr. Ako!!![/size]

Hi, Filipino friend, welcome to Nairaland.
   I empathise with you for your visa refusal, but however, let's at this point take things as they seem rather than as they are.
   You see, when it comes to visa applications, there are some basic principles the ECO has to follow, such principles include; application guidelines, qualification rules, official protocols, applicant's presentation and judgemental assessing in order to reach a comprehensive decision. Though, the ECO exercises the right to make decision in his own initiative, yet, he does not do that in his own authority.
   Now, in your case Miss MJ2008, (apart from the fact that the course which you intend to take in the UK is as well available in the Philippines) the main point against your success is the fact that you were not able to satisfy the officer on the ground of finance, given that you are unemployed with no reasonable obligation in your home country, and besides, the method of which your sponsor-sister planed to sponsor you (by intended loan) does not show financial capability, with all these flaws, i'm afraid to say that the ECO's decision is neither "baseless" nor "useless".
   However, the dream is not over, now that you've had a taste of refusal, and since appeal out of the question, i expect you'D be better prepared in your next application with a more suitable and worthy sponsor who'D be able to prove why he's sponsoring you, and how he intends to benefit from your education as well as you being able to make up a logical reason as to why you choose to school in the UK where-as your country offers same course with more reasonable fees.
   Dear, if you're not able to meet up with the requirements, you better not apply yet, remember, things are easier when done orderly.
   If there's anything Else you consider a matter of concern, don't hesitate to drop a line or two.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2008
Akolawole:

I am dissapointed.

I just don't know where to start. You are 200% Wrong.

Loan ko! Loan ni!!

How on earth could a Sponsor who is not self-sufficient add another financial BURDEN on herself!

@Applicant

Even though i don't have the full info on your application but i advice you get an additional sponsor, let your sister take care of feeding and accomodation only.

Can you imagine what you are even saying here? wink

You have come again with your stubborn arguments abi? Let me ask you a simple question here, can a loan be obtained in the UK to sponsor an applicant for a student visa application? YES or NO.

Answer that question and I will know what else to say.

I am also disappointed if you do not know these things. cry cry cry cry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2008
MJ2008:

@ Mr Pataki, VVVJustice, Yomickey, Presjany, Akola :

Thank you for your advises, Guys, your inputs are highly appreciated. My sister in UK has a full time job and owns a house, she is just awaiting for my visa approval before proceeding with the loan to be sure. However, I already told her to proceed with the loan so that I can submit the document needed in my appeal. Also, I am getting another sponsor to be on the safe side.

My course MBA in Financial Services is a new course being offered at the Univ of Greenwich and this kind of specialization is not available here in the Philippines. Maybe the ECO thinks that all MBAs are the same grin (I can't blame him though for being such ignorant in this matter!!!)

Thanks and God bless All

@ Akolawole,
Can you kindly read MJ2008 statements above especially the sentence I have emboldened. The ECO was not well informed not to know that her intended course is new in the Philippines according to the applicant here, would you not be led to believe such an ECO would also be biased to think her sponsor is not financially capable to sponsor the applicant for her further studies?

I am also disappointed with your yeye disappointment.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2008
Akolawole:

@Applicant

I agree with you on this part, but on the other part of obtaining a loan within the UK for sponsorship of an applicant, which you do not support, I am waiting for your response to my question asked to YOU.

Let me allow my eyes to rest small, man has been partying like a rockstar since afternoon. I am seeing two things at the same time right now. shocked shocked cheesy grin cheesy

Furthermore, I am not staying long here. My hands are tied down with activities and a lot of things, so I won't be staying on this section for long. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by royalboy(m): 3:04am On Sep 14, 2008
Yellow Nairalanders,
I have a friend whose student visa was placed on an appeal for the singular reason of not including his original waec certificate with his visa application. I find it hard to believe that WAEC has instructed BHC to disregard statement of results, especially when the applicant has included an online verification scratch card. WAEC's policy of not preparing certificates of a three year examination history is infact not in line with the option of verifying such results at the council's portal website. A visa application that was demerited based on that ground as absolutely shown the inefficiency of an Entry Clearance Officer, who find enough time preparing an epistle copy and paste decision rather than redirect such time and effort in logging on to WAEC's portal website to verify an applicant's result.
I have read virtually all comments on this visa appeal thread, professionally moderated by Mr Pataki, Akolawole and the most intelligent woman(funkybaby), and as a matter of fact, I confer on you OFR (Order of Federal Republic).
I would appreciate your suggestions as to how my friend should proceed on this unfair decision.
Long Live Nairalanders, Long Live Nigeria!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Lion27: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hi All !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Thor(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2008
@Lion27

You have no rights, you broke the rules and now you are paying the price for your dishonesty. Your wife should move back to the Ukraine to be with you. They are not going to let you back into the UK and you stand no chance of winning any appeal 

As for your human rights, those are valid in the Ukraine as you are a citizen of that country, we do not care about those here in the UK. We just want to keep illegal immigrants out, especially ones that break the rules.

Maybe in the next 10 years, Ukraine will join the EU, then there maybe a chance.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2008
Chei!!!!!!!!!!!!! Appeal don suffermooooooooooh!

See, our friend from Ukraine! U should count urself as lucky, at least na only one yr ban! Enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!!! march 2009 is not very far again! Wishing U a wonderful honeymoon in Ukraine! grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
Pataki:

@ Akolawole,
Can you kindly read MJ2008 statements above especially the sentence I have emboldened. The ECO was not well informed not to know that her intended course is new in the Philippines according to the applicant here, would you not be led to believe such an ECO would also be biased to think her sponsor is not financially capable to sponsor the applicant for her further studies?

One of these days, i got to cyberslap you.

Please note that arguments of these nature bring out quality in us. So no offence meant at all.

Back to the issue, it seems you know more info on this application more than us(including the applicant).

My response was post #2215 @ 3.31pm, you are giving additional info on the application on post #2217 @ 4.36pm.

Stop giving us info about Filipino application after we've adviced, give us what we dont know NOW OR NEVER.

## If i am not wrong, the Sponsor wrote a letter of support promising to get a loan for the funding. JUST A PROMISE!.##

Is all Loan application become successful? I just cant understand you grin

Is the money readily available? In this case NOOOOOOOOOOOO cry

## How on earth is the ECO going to know if the course is new and non existent in Manila? Is he going to do the research or Applicant stated this expressly in the visa form!

I hereby ask Seun to stop your wages henceforth. cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2008
royalboy:

Yellow Nairalanders,
I have a friend whose student visa was placed on an appeal for the singular reason of not including his original waec certificate with his visa application. I[b] find it hard to believe that WAEC has instructed BHC to disregard statement of results, especially when the applicant has included an online verification scratch card. WAEC's policy of not preparing certificates of a three year examination history is infact not in line with the option of verifying such results at the council's portal website[/b]. A visa application that was demerited based on that ground as absolutely shown the inefficiency of an Entry Clearance Officer, who find enough time preparing an epistle copy and paste decision rather than redirect such time and effort in logging on to WAEC's portal website to verify an applicant's result. I have read virtually all comments on this visa appeal thread, professionally moderated by Mr Pataki, Akolawole and the most intelligent woman(funkybaby), and as a matter of fact, I confer on you OFR (Order of Federal Republic).
I would appreciate your suggestions as to how my friend should proceed on this unfair decision.
Long Live Nairalanders, Long Live Nigeria!!!

The issue of this WAEC certificate thingy is really annoying.

Statement of results, photocpies of credentials submitted with applications have also in recent times resulted in an outright refusal of student visa applications by ECOs.

The directive given by WAEC is also silly especially taking into consideration that it takes the examining body a little over a year to issue certificates after the results of the students have been released.

Tell your friend to write a letter of reconsideration and at the same time lodge an appeal or better still wait until the WAEC certificate is released and then he can reapply.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by patelbhupi: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2008
Hello to all,

please i need guidance from you, i am presenting my Appeal procedure step by step in details

[B]1. I applied for UK WHM visa in January 2008 and i my visa application rejectd - January 2008

2. I was appeal againd the ECO decision - January 2008

3. letter dated 29th July 2008 from AIT - Appeal allowed

4. I personaly went to UK embassy - Paris on 15th September 2008.[/B]
[I]They wasnt received any determination for my appeal decision. (After 7 weeks)[/I]

[B]5. I call to HOmeOffie in UK about my appeal determination - 15th September 2008[/B]
I give them my appeal number, name, Date of birth and Nationality, but she told me they don't have any record for my appeal in his computer database

[B]6. I call same day to AIT. - 15th September 2008[/B]
[I]They told me your appeal is allowed and until 7 weeks Homeoffice not appeal again the decision, you have to contact Visa section and home office for determination of appeal.[/I]

Now AIT letter dated 29th July 2008 indicate my appeal has been allowed But homeoffice and UK embassy in paris have no any information about my appeal, so what can i do in this condition

I am really very thanks ful to you if you provide me any contact details or email address or any further step taking for my appeal.
Thanks in advances
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ezego3(m): 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2008
@yomickey

If I may ask you on what date exactly was your appeal heard and what date was the appeal determination that it was allowed by the AIT in the UK?

Also on what date was your visa issued to you?

Im asking because i want to know the time period from when your appeal was heard and allowed to the date the visa is issued.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pinokio(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hi folks. Thanks for all the good work u've been doing on this forum. May God bless you. I just need some advice: I was refused a student visa based on the grounds dat i hadnt convinced the ECO of my ability to fund my studies "without recourse to public funds/ full time employment", only in this case, my sponsor is well and truly capable of supporting me. Given the option of appealing and waiting for 6months (which i was informed was the normal duration for appeal cases to be resolved) i met a lawyer who helped me write to the deputy high commision in lagos pointing out the flaws in the ECO'S decision and thus requesting for a review of the ECO'S decision. this letter was sent via fedex to the deputy high commission (intra city).I recieved the notice of refusal on August 14,and i sent the letter requesting for a review on August 21st. My problem is that i am yet to recieve any response from the deputy high commission. Tha lawyer keeps assuring me that they will contact me but its been over 3weeks now without a word from them. Where do i go from here? Advice is urgently neeeded, school resumes on monday next week in swansea, wales. Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2008
Its quite a pity sad sad sad I was also in ur shoes, but besides the request for review, I also reapplied. They would definitely reply you, but the factor here is the timing. So I suggest U write ur school and request for a 2 or 3 wks extension. If it s granted, then U shld reapply immediately. the process doesnt take up to 15 working days again.

Pls wat do my gurus think?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 9:42am On Sep 18, 2008
Hey guys, just finalizing my letter of appeal,

Do you think I will include in my grounds for appeal the fact that I didn't have an interview with the eco and that the eco violated one of the principle of natural justice which is on hearing out the aggrieved party?

Shall I also mention that my sponsor was not contact in case the eco doubts about my sponsor's willingness to take out a loan?

Pls advise, thanks & God bless
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MyPeace(f): 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2008
hello my dear Nlanders,

abeg l just got a job where l am saddled with the responsibility of getting visa for some of our staff. pls what are the process of getting a visa for someone who has been travelling before? pls l need a step by step procedure. thank you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by megastu(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2008
@MYPEACE, how did you get the job in the first place, if you do not know how to go about it. Anyway, take time and read all the posts, you would get an idea. Na wah oh
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MyPeace(f): 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2008
megastu:

@MYPEACE, how did you get the job in the first place, if you do not know how to go about it. Anyway, take time and read all the posts, you would get an idea. Na wah oh

instead of to keep quiet since u dont know. my interview was not based on it, its not my major job function. pls can somebody who knows kindly list the step for me.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2008
@Mypeace

Just contact the embassy concerned in your country. If the staff is frequently travelling maybe you can get visit visa, if UK is the destination, the British Embassy or British High Comm as the case maybe. In this case, you do NOT deal directly with the embassy but UK VAC or UK Visa Application Center a.k.a. VFS. Tip: You can google VFS in your country's webpage. You can have all the info needed. Hope this helps.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2008
@Megastu

How far about your thingy? Please update me

@MyPeace

Dont be angry Dear.
Every single company has the procedure they follow. Speak to your Line Manager.

I believe none of us will know what you are asking for.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
MJ2008:

Hey guys, just finalizing my letter of appeal,

Do you think I will include in my grounds for appeal the fact that I didn't have an interview with the eco and that the eco violated one of the principle of natural justice which is on hearing out the aggrieved party?

Shall I also mention that my sponsor was not contact in case the eco doubts about my sponsor's willingness to take out a loan?

Maybe Pataki will help you. grin

#) Which principle of natural justice do ECO violated? Was it "nema jusex causa sua" or "Audi alteram pertem" ?

I hope you read the exclusion clauses in the visa application form.

WHY CANT YOU RE-APPLY AND DO THE APPLICATION PROPERLY?. I am sorry to say, you are fighting a wrong cause but there is always God in heaven who shows mercy sha.

Manilla!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tats(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2008
patelbhupi:

Hello to all,

please i need guidance from you, i am presenting my Appeal procedure step by step in details

[B]1. I applied for UK WHM visa in January 2008 and i my visa application rejectd - January 2008

2. I was appeal againd the ECO decision - January 2008

3. letter dated 29th July 2008 from AIT - Appeal allowed

4. I personaly went to UK embassy - Paris on 15th September 2008.[/B]
[I]They wasnt received any determination for my appeal decision. (After 7 weeks)[/I]

[B]5. I call to HOmeOffie in UK about my appeal determination - 15th September 2008[/B]
I give them my appeal number, name, Date of birth and Nationality, but she told me they don't have any record for my appeal in his computer database

[B]6. I call same day to AIT. - 15th September 2008[/B]
[I]They told me your appeal is allowed and until 7 weeks Homeoffice not appeal again the decision, you have to contact Visa section and home office for determination of appeal.[/I]

Now AIT letter dated 29th July 2008 indicate my appeal has been allowed But homeoffice and UK embassy in paris have no any information about my appeal, so what can i do in this condition

I am really very thanks ful to you if you provide me any contact details or email address or any further step taking for my appeal.
Thanks in advances

Maybe you should make a photocopy of the determination from AIT and send to the embassy in Paris. It may make them to call you faster.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 12:15am On Sep 20, 2008
#) Which principle of natural justice do ECO violated? Was it "nema jusex causa sua" or "Audi alteram pertem" ?

Ako, how bodi? So you be lawyer?

However, the correct phrase na; Nemo judex in causa sua and Audi alteram partem.

P.S. You don commot for Ibadan at last? Abi which which one be pacesetter city? Surely not Ibadan. grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 4:51am On Sep 20, 2008
I think he violated " Audi alteram partem" for deciding that I cannot enter the UK without first hearing from my side via scheduled interview and "Nemo judex in causa sua" for the ECO's bias views.

Would also like to enter as grounds how my basic human rights ie access to quality of education was affected as a result of the ECO's decision.

Mr Pataki what do you think?
Vor? Akole? Funky? Pls help out, thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 10:28am On Sep 20, 2008
VOR:

Ako, how bodi? So you be lawyer?

However, the correct phrase na; Nemo judex in causa sua and Audi alteram partem.

P.S. You don commot for Ibadan at last? Abi which which one be pacesetter city? Surely not Ibadan. grin grin grin

Egbon, long time. You just leave us for here

I am not a lawyer but in those days when i have plenty of time & my "head dey straight", i did something in that line, in fact i did and passed most major units in Law.

Ibadan na pacesetter anyday! Most africa and Nigeria's firsts dey ibadan.

Ironically, Nigeria's first notorious armed Robber came from Ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.