Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,702 members, 7,969,049 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:06 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (281931 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Tbaba

I think its better if you post the refusal notice here word for word but remove your personal details and reference number. summarising the re4fusal will not do you any good.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tbaba83(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2008
The cost of your tuition,maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the UK will be financed including your sponsor's bank statements and a letter from your sponsor offering finanacial assistance.However these documents stand in isolation as evidence of your financial sponsor's financial circumstances and commitments. In the absence of your sponsors business, income or the origin of these funds, i am not satisfied that the evidence presented is a true reflection of your sponsor's financial circumstances or that these funds would be available. Therefore i am not satisfied that you can meet the costs of your course and be maintained and accommodated without  taking employment or recourse to public funds (57(viii)).

Whilst you have evidence of funds, you have not provided evidence of their origin. I am therefore not satisfied that the funds are a true reflection of your sponsor's financial situation nor that they are available for your studies. This ultimately leaves me to doubt you have the funds to pay for your course or adequately maintain and accomodate yourself in the Uk without recourse to public funds or taking employment (57(viii)).

There are strict laws governing the use of limited company funds in Nigeria. Blablaba Nigeria Limited is by necessity a Limited Company. Even though your sponsor is a director, he is a different legal entity to the limited company. A director cannot necessarily spend for his own use the assets of a limited company. Therefore, I am not satisfied this represents a genuine and meaningful offer of sponsorship and that these funds would be available to meet the costs of your studies , maintenance and accomodation in the United Kingdom as required by Paragraph 57(viii) of HC 395.

The bank statement you have provided in support of your application is not in your sponsor's name and you have not provided that he/she has access to these funds to pay for your course and adequately maintain and accommodate you whilst in the UK. Therefore i am not satisfied this repesents a genuine and meaningful offer of sponsorship and that these funds would be available to meet the costs of your studies, maintenance and accommodation in the United Kingdom. (57(viii)

You state that your sponsor Proffesor X will fund your proposed studies in the UK and have submitted company bank statements from Xbank as evidence of finance. This account was running at a considerably lower balance from January until recently. I note that cash deposits totalling N9043377 (45,216.89pounds at the current exchange rate of 1pound =N200) were credited to the account in the space of 17days. I am not satisfied that the funds are a true reflection of your sponsor's economic circumstances as the account has been artificially inflated. I am not satisfied that these funds will be available to you for the purpose of study. Therefore i am not satisfied you are able to meet the costs of your course and accomodation and maintenance of yourself taking employment or engaging in business or having recourse to public funds as required by the paragraph 57(vii) and (viii) of HC395.

Thats all of it Akolawole. Like i said the large lump of 9million was paid into the company account for a job he finished early january and he has d documentation to proove it. In the letter i am still surpried why they keep addressing me like i have not paid the full tution fee.
SO when i reapply,

Can i just remove my oldman as sponsor and just use my brother and my sister who have very good personal bank statements in their name.
                                                             OR
Should i just add him there again in order to resolve the issues brought up on why i was denied visa in the first place.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2008
@tbaba
You stand a very good chance of getting your visa, since you don't want to waste time, i will advise you to seek for reconsideration of your application by submitting all the new and required documents. I am sure they will call you for interview or better still, you drop an appeal addressed to the ENTRY CLEARANCE MANAGER then you submit that to the Embassy where you were refused,if it is Lagos drop it there, if its at ABj, drop it there.

Then wait for like two weeks, if nothing comes up, pls reapply for another visa, because you have a pending appeal does not mean you cant make any application but just bear it in mind that when making new application, let them know you have a pending appeal and let them know time is not on your side that's why you are making new application,

Not challenging their submissions at times is like you are accepting those excuses they gave, as in you are admitting that you are not qualify to get the visa, if you have geniue docs, abeg tackle them. A friend of mine won an appeal base on that, he has not paid a penny to his school or for accommodation, still he won so paying your school fees in full dont work magic all the time. Get copies of those cheques and put in application for reconsideration or an appeal, remember, dont post,(it wastes time) drop it yourself,

All the best,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2008
tbaba83:

Can i just remove my oldman as sponsor and just use my brother and my sister who have very good personal bank statements in their name.
                                                             OR
Should i just add him there again in order to resolve the issues brought up on why i was denied visa in the first place.

Your brother and sister having a good personal account is not just enough. You need to know what is the source of income, do they have a steady inflow of money into their bank accounts, with substantial amount of evidence to show for it also? It is not all just about millions of Naira residing in the account as at the time of application.

Often times it has been repeated here, submitting a Company account even if the sponsor is the sole signatory to the account or it is a one-man business is a good reason for refusal from the BDHC. It is simple logic. It is not the company that is sponsoring you, so why are you using the company account?

That said, I would suggest that you re-apply if my first paragraph of statement here has been duly noted by you. Leave out your father from sponsoring you if the only bank account he can tender is the company account. In the event that another refusal emanates, an appeal is the next option.

All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2008
@tbaba
From my own point of view,you need to include your dad tax clearance very important since it is a company sponsoring you. And according to Company law policy, a company is a legal entity on its own, it can sue or be sued (CAMA 1990) section 3,  i know that's not what you are interested in, but since it is a limited liability company,once the board of directors come together and endorse your sponsorship, that is acceptable by law, so once your brother and father sign that doc, it is ok, and moreso is like you did not submit your dad tax clearance and certificate of incorporation of the company,

Now that you are planning to put in another application with different sponsor, hope you will be able to defend that? as in getting all their required docs, pay slips for 6month,evidence of employments etc and not neccesarily the money in their account. Any statement you want to use, you must produce evidence of origin of funds in that account,

Didnt you dad has money in his own personal account on his name and not company's account because that company is a legal entity on its own.it can acquire property on its own, so that your dad's company is like a human being existing on its own,

I hope you can see any sense in all i have written here, all the best and i know experts on NL will still say somethings more not some self glorified PROFE- SI-ONALS grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tbaba83(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2008
Thanx guys. I would keep u guys posted on the outcome. GREAT NAIRALANDERS U ARE 2 MUCH
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2008
we are here to help one another,though out of every 12,there is always a judas, Not pointing at any one oo and i am not claiming to be a saint, but i am sure there are great guys in here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by goldencoco: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2008
Hello,
I am trying to read up on the appeals process and came across this forum. My husband had his visa application for spouse visa refused because of previous criminal conviction. The sentence was over 30 months. I want to appeal the decision here in the UK because he has served his time, was depored from the host country and is now very much reformed. I am a British Citizen, working full-time as a nurse and have savings to support us both. Our relationship is not under contest, just the protocol which immigration follow. I understand they can use their discretion and refer to the case of Mike Tyson being allowed into the Uk despite having served time for a rape conviction, My husband's crime is nothing like this and i want to demand my right to family life under article 8. What are my chances of being successful? I must appeal before the end on December. The grounds are that i would like children but can not bring them up with us seperated as i could not contribute to the economy then, he has 3 elderly aunts and 15-20 close cousins in the UK, I am newly qualified and so would not be able to work in his home country as a nurse. I also refer to the 2 child killers of Jamie Bulger who upon their release were given new identities and not prevented from freedom despite criminal conviction,

Also, an immigration advisor as quoted costs of £1400. Is one really needed? Could i not represent myself? or would i be risking this case?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by doctorb1(f): 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2008
i think d peeps @ d BHC r just bein unnecessarily silly, when dey want to deny u a visa dey look 4 d silliest xcuse, I'm just comin from d VI office and I was refused on the grounds that I did not send my grades so dey'll REALLY know I am a student (even though I have a letter of identification from the Registrar of my university), how sillly can dey get
but i reaaaaaaaaaaaly want to go for christmas , supposing i do appeal, HONESTLY will i be able to make it for christmas?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 5:58am On Nov 29, 2008
goldencoco:

Hello,
I am trying to read up on the appeals process and came across this forum. My husband had his visa application for spouse visa refused because of previous criminal conviction. The sentence was over 30 months. I want to appeal the decision here in the UK because he has served his time, was depored from the host country and is now very much reformed. I am a British Citizen, working full-time as a nurse and have savings to support us both. Our relationship is not under contest, just the protocol which immigration follow. I understand they can use their discretion and refer to the case of Mike Tyson being allowed into the Uk despite having served time for a rape conviction, My husband's crime is nothing like this and i want to demand my right to family life under article 8. What are my chances of being successful? I must appeal before the end on December. The grounds are that i would like children but can not bring them up with us seperated as i could not contribute to the economy then, he has 3 elderly aunts and 15-20 close cousins in the UK, I am newly qualified and so would not be able to work in his home country as a nurse. I also refer to the 2 child killers of Jamie Bulger who upon their release were given new identities and not prevented from freedom despite criminal conviction,

Also, an immigration advisor as quoted costs of £1400. Is one really needed? Could i not represent myself? or would i be risking this case?

I want to get something clearer:

1) Has he live in UK before?

2) What was his status at that time?

3) When did you get married? Then or Now

4) Was he deported or removed?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by goldencoco: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
We got married at the end of my course-in September 2008.

He overstayed from Dec 2005-Sept 2008 and was living with me for part of that time.

we left voluntarily using our own funds before the Oct 1 ruling that overstayers would get a mandatory 1 year ban if they left on their own accord, 10 years if deported.

We applied for the visa from Barbados in Sept 2008 and found out the decision 24th November.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2008
goldencoco:

We got married at the end of my course-in September 2008.

He overstayed from Dec 2005-Sept 2008 and was living with me for part of that time.

we left voluntarily using our own funds before the Oct 1 ruling that overstayers would get a mandatory 1 year ban if they left on their own accord, 10 years if deported.

We applied for the visa from Barbados in Sept 2008 and found out the decision 24th November.

1) I don't understand why you as a British citizen applied for Visa along with your hubby shocked

2) Why applying from Barbados?

3)Are you still living in UK?

4) Have you appealed against the decision?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:36am On Dec 02, 2008
@Pataki

where is the answer to the puzzle?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 3:09am On Dec 02, 2008
Akolawole:

@Pataki

where is the answer to the puzzle?
My Oga,

Sorry for the delayed response. I got carried away with the Arsenal victory over Chelski. cheesy I am confused about something though, you said illegal immigrants, that got me totally off-balance. My earlier answer was WHM but taking note of the illegal immigrant in your posse requires that I re-evaluate my answer.

Therefore I seem not to be sure what the answer would be if I still stuck with the WHM. undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by goldencoco: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2008
Akolawole:

1) I don't understand why you as a British citizen applied for Visa along with your hubby shocked

2) Why applying from Barbados?

3)Are you still living in UK?

4) Have you appealed against the decision?

He applied for the visa, not me, but as we are in this together i use the word we.

After scouring the internet, it seemed the best option was to apply from outside the UK rather than risk him being deported. I currently am living in London, where i have a new job and he is living in Barbados. We are in the process of appealing ( am waiting for his refusal papers to arrive so i can bring them to an immigration lawyer) I just want to know if you have known of previous visa applicants with criminal records being successful in their appeal for long term visa??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ifeco339: 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
The answer to all your question is yes but it will be with Ghana passport but it will take ten working days for sure so if you are i interested call and very urgent,see how it works,no payment on the start but only for Ghana passport that you will pay for and i assure you that it is real and confirm.i am a Ghanaian so call +233240688233 or call +23320928170

NB there is Romania visa with south African passport a variable for sale and south African visa on sale too,so if need so urgent call the above number,we do visa as follows,
north America,south America,Europe Caribbean Asia,Africa and middle east
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2008
@ifeco
what is the meaning of your post, ghanian passport, what kind of magic is that, this is a Nigerian site hope you know and dont come and use your bad way of life to mess our nations reputation, She said her hubby once has a criminal record and you are sugesting another crime here, you better be careful and i wonder why people are turning NL to a place to source for clients to dupe, na wa oooo
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2008
goldencoco:

He applied for the visa, not me, but as we are in this together i use the word we.

After scouring the internet, it seemed the best option was to apply from outside the UK rather than risk him being deported. I currently am living in London, where i have a new job and he is living in Barbados. We are in the process of appealing ( am waiting for his refusal papers to arrive so i can bring them to an immigration lawyer) I just want to know if you have known of previous visa applicants with criminal records being successful in their appeal for long term visa??

Yes

I knew one nigerian who was deported and has his ILR withdrawn and still come back to UK legally.

it is tough but make sure you higher a very competent lawyer preferably a UK solicitor NOT member of OISC.

Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2008
@Pataki

You are wrong
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2008
@guseman

I honestly dont know if we have a moderator here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2008
@Ako
Bros, i wonder o, in fact i wonder why things are getting out of hands. People will just burst in here and be posting all sorts of stuffs grin

Yar'adua Seun grin, do something. Dis guy, i hope you are not sleeping.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:42am On Dec 04, 2008
@Paribus

Are you due for that thingy?

Please becareful of the interpretation of that £800 maintenance fund.

All the best sir.

@All

This place is completely deserted.

Why?

Was it because of fingerprinting?

Where are the Experts? Where is Vicjustice? Where is everyone?

I hope in 2009, members will bring more technical cases such as visas involving child settlement(where DNA failed), dependant of EU kiss,Au pair etc

I am signing off for the year. Wishing everyone journey mercies in Jesus name(amen)

Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance.

See you in 2009 wink [ The year of Double Harvest ]
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shapey(f): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2008
Akolawole:

@Paribus

Are you due for that thingy?

Please becareful of the interpretation of that £800 maintenance fund.

All the best sir.

@All

This place is completely deserted.

Why?

Was it because of fingerprinting?

Where are the Experts? Where is Vicjustice? Where is everyone?

I hope in 2009, members will bring more technical cases such as visas involving child settlement(where DNA failed), dependant of EU kiss,Au pair etc

I am signing off for the year. Wishing everyone journey mercies in Jesus name(amen)

Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance.

See you in 2009 wink [ The year of Double Harvest ]

Where are you going? Year never end oh!!!!!!!!

I wish all the genuine visa seeking members of this forum success. kiss
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jayboykodi: 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2008
nskpasport:

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA

Are you intrested to be come NSK passport holder citizen ?

Will are the right agent to get you NSK Passport at Cheaper Rate.

Send us an e-mail on nsksospassport.travelagent@yahoo.com

Call us on +201 1564 0458

The manager Mr. Daniel Massaro

Pleased do not hesitate to call us on our number show below from 9am - 9pm
Thanks

why is it that u keep on decieving people with this NSK PASSPORT stuff. my dear niralanders. this is just fruad. to confirm please make a research typ nsk passport on google nd check. getting a nsk passport is as good as getting nothin
if u try go airport say u wan traval with am . na cell u go sleep. it a virtual passport an imaginable one. u can only travel in your mind
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2008
dear funkybaby

my name is Godwin, a professional in this field. i will like to inform you that the best way to go about a visa refusal is to appeal but re-apply. let me go straight to your questions

Appeal takes more than six months (but since your uncle has been invited then your sister might just be lucky, remember that her appeal is amongst millions of people also waiting to get a fair judgement)
I dont think she really stands a good chance based on the follwing reasons

SHE MUST I NOT GIVEN THEM A WELL DETAIL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THEY SHOULD KNOW
IT IS NOT ABOUT THE FAT ACCOUNT BUT HHOW YOUR PARENTS ARE WELL ABLE TO ESTABLISH THIS FACTS WITH YOUR UNCLE TI BE ABLE TO MATCH IT UP
FINALLY HER CASE ITS REALLY A SIMPLE ONE, ANYWAY WHY DONT YOU GIVE ME A CALL 08056261017.
OR VISIT ME AT 3 REMILEKUN STREET,OFF OGUNLANA DRIVE SURULERE, LAGOS
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by follypimpi(m): 2:19am On Dec 09, 2008
London cool,can u pls email me in private,i hve sum questions for ya.my email is follypimpin@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by walegamat(m): 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2008
hello,my name is adewale,i will was refuse at the uk embassy twice,the 1st time it ws due to bank statement so i have to re-apply with the same document and i re print the statement of account and even attach a letter from the bank and i was till refuse,i dont have the full ight of appeal becaue my family friend invited me,now am to appeal because i was banned that i will not enter uk untill 2018,can you put me through and what do u think i should do and what will be the result after doing it, thanks so much, hope to get reply about my post
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by walegamat(m): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2008
i want to know when i will be able to apply again and how many month does the appeal takes?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Moves: 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2008
@ Londoncool & Akowole;

A relative of mine had the appeal against a refusal of extension of student visa denied due to the £800 maintenance rule; and working over 40 hours a week during the holiday period; Is there a next step; or is this the end of the road.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by meetyommy: 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2008
muyiwa isnt completely right, you can ask for an extension from the school,

Good Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.