Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,196 members, 7,903,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (279607 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lawrenta20: 12:29am On Dec 14, 2008
Are you tired of being a slave to the rat race? If so, you have probably thought about how you could make money independently. But after seeing scam after scam on the Internet, you might wonder if there’s any hope for making money on your own. Well, maybe you are approaching the matter in an incorrect way. Instead of searching for a get-rich-quick scheme, you need to be focusing on building a legitimate business. This is the only way you can truly secure your financial freedom.

I know this solution is for You and not for others, what makes you Different from others
or others, what makes you Different from others is the Action 'You' are about to take by getting this Hidden secret that turn few people to millionaire.
Check this site; www.holidaysandcash.com/godgideon
Remember your sponsor id godgideon
Phone; 2347034619309
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lawrenta20: 2:01am On Dec 14, 2008
I know this solution is for You and not
for others, what makes you Different from others
is the Action 'You' are about to take by getting this
Hidden secret that turn few people to millionaire.
Check this site; www.holidaysandcash.com/godgideon
Remember your sponsor id godgideon
Phone; 2347034619309
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Sonye(f): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2008
does anyone know anything about appealing in the case of copies? one of the reasons why they refuse is if u give them photocopied documents. how will one appeal in this case bearing in mind that you cannot post your original copies to the appeal lawyers as proof. and this person has been to the uk for quite a number of times,
any help
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lawrenta20: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2008
Sorry, it is my pleasure to ask this great question, if you really ready to travel out of the country, I can put you through telling you all the necessary things you need know and do or if you want me to process it for you afresh, I will do that for you.

Please take your time to mail me and tell me all the things I have to know about you like
1. your name
2. your age
3. your qualification
4. what are you doing now

For more information about processing of visa to the country of your choice.

Mail me; metu_emmanuel@yahoo.com or call me 07034619309
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
@sonye

REAPPLY immediately with the orginals of all the documents you submitted.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2008
Akolawole on December 04, 2008, 03:42 AM

@Paribus

Are you due for that thingy?

Please becareful of the interpretation of that £800 maintenance fund.

Thanks Akolawole. I got this since October. There were anxiety about some issues but they didn't matter in the end. God's favour I believe.
Hope you are doing OK yourself. Compliments of the season.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Samuel1580: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ funkybaby,

Sorry to ask after seventy something long pages, have you sorted out the "Red pali" stuffs with your man, i would like to give a little piece of advice if you would allow me to?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jayboykodi: 12:50am On Jan 09, 2009
heelo nairalanders i just got ma student visa in less than 5 days no agent coz i know its a waste of money. i did it all my self and with Gods help. av neva traveled b4 a virgin passport. my advice is this: put in the rite docs and pray, all would be well. am in the uk rite now. its such a nice place and soooooooooo cold. any help contact me
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SEUNGO: 7:40am On Jan 11, 2009
Hi nairalanders, i posted some wks ago(15th dec'08)asking 4 VF GLOBAL OFFICE somewhere around eko hotel and u guys gave d right description.thanks 2 everybody.I submitted d doc my husband who's french sent 4rm uk,And on 2nd of jan,i was called 4 an interview for 6th.after d interview,d officer asked me 2 wait and in less than an hour i was given.can't believe my eyes what i saw. Was so happy and in a wk's time,i'll b traveling 2 uk as an EEA FP:family permit on a virgin passport.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SEUNGO: 7:40am On Jan 11, 2009
Hi nairalanders, i posted some wks ago(15th dec'08)asking 4 VF GLOBAL OFFICE somewhere around eko hotel and u guys gave d right description.thanks 2 everybody.I submitted d doc my husband who's french sent 4rm uk,And on 2nd of jan,i was called 4 an interview for 6th.after d interview,d officer asked me 2 wait and in less than an hour i was given.can't believe my eyes what i saw. Was so happy and in a wk's time,i'll b traveling 2 uk as an EEA FP:family permit on a virgin passport.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SEUNGO: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2009
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SEUNGO: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2009
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SEUNGO: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2009
Hi nairalanders, i posted some wks ago(15th dec'08)asking 4 VF GLOBAL OFFICE address somewhere around eko hotel and u guys gave d right description.thanks 2 everybody.I submitted d doc my husband who's french sent 4rm uk,And on 2nd of jan,i was called 4 an interview for 6th.after d interview,d officer asked me 2 wait and in less than an hour i was given.can't believe my eyes what i saw. Was so happy and in a wk's time,i'll b traveling 2 uk as an EEA FP:family permit on a virgin passport.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by SEUNGO: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2009
Am sorry 4 dat multiple posts
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 13, 2009
sorry what are you are talking about?Visa appeal to uk, The best appeal is to enta desert cross meditaranean and fight for your head, ok? apeal ko apeal nee grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 2Rich4U(m): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2009
Good people of travel section - I posted on here sometime last year about my brother been refused a UK student visa and how to go about the appeal process. We just got a letter that his appeal has been approved. A copy of the letter was sent to our UK address, I already got an updated admission letter for febuary admission for him already. Does he have to contact the embassy in lagos or what does he need to do?

Please advise !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by insight04: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2009
The BHC/VAC will contact you on when to get your passport, but there is no harm in contacting them with information from the AIT. They would respond by telling you that they are aware and that you would be contacted later on.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 2Rich4U(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The BHC/VAC will contact you on when to get your passport, but there is no harm in contacting them with information from the AIT. They would respond by telling you that they are aware and that you would be contacted later on.

You think I should have him contact BHC/VAC via email? The phone number he had listed in the application last yr was stolen several months ago.

Thanks for the response.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2009
@sonye,  hi,  about submitting originals for the appeal process, you need not worry because it's usually attached with the right of appeal and AIT forms that no originals of documents be submitted,

though there'll be no harming in sending your original docs to your representative,  i am presently on the appeal process with my sister in the UK as my rep,  i simply scanned pages of all necessary data to her,

while doing this, you can reapply,  thats depending on the sort of visa you want anyways,

for me, it can't always be fun throwing some almost 50ks in the name of getting a visa each hopeful time.  whatever u do, follow the appeal,  and pray,

no be them get themselves!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2009
Dear friends

Please could someone advise me how long does an
appeal process takes?

thks

sarj
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ore123: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2009
please i need help here,

i applied for RENEWAL of my uk visa having travelled to the uk 4 times in the last 3 years and my application was refused!( i also applied for my 2 months old daughter) reason is that i refused to declare that i have once been refused UK visa ( please note, this was before i got married in 2004) thesaid passport bears my madien name and had a typo error as regards my DOB (date of birth) which i complianed to the immigration office and i was told i have to pay for another passport since i didnt notice b4 the passport was issued, because i never used the passport to travel i got another one when i got married with my correct details now the ECO said

'i am satisfied that you have attempted to employ deception in an attempt to conceal your previous immigration history , i am therfore not satisfied that you have expained the true reason for your visit in the light of this i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you'

please help on how i can appeal

thank you

please note i have never exceeded 3 weeks in all my travels to the UK
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2009
ORE123 I have sent you information about the appeals procedure to your email . Read carefully the section (APPEALS INF 19) remember to send it directly registered post to AIT. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ore123: 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2009
thank you sarj i will check my mail now
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2009
@sarj, hi, pls send me details of the appeal process too, just right from where one is given a date of hearing, for me, its been almost two months since i filed, hearing is next month, does it mean they have sent my bundle and al is right on track? or better, share with the house and post on the page.

thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ore123

Ur most welcome!!!!

ps let me know the outcome,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 12:15am On Jan 22, 2009
@awoll hi!

yes you are on the right track. As you said the hearing is next month who is attending court on your behalf? if the matter is straight forward then its ok unless ECO has serious comments then you may want to seek legal advise. Just ask you sponsor to seek advise from CAB (Citizens Advise Bureau) in the town they live. Its free!!!!! They specialize in immigration law. Here below is the information you requested.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!

The appeal hearing

You will be notified in writing of the date, time and place of your appeal hearing(s) with a guide to the hearing centre and directions where your appeal is to be heard. If you live outside the United Kingdom the hearing will take place in your absence.

Please arrive at the hearing centre at least 20 minutes before your hearing and give your name to the staff at reception. They will answer any questions and show you to the waiting area. If you need to leave the building at any time please tell a member of staff first.

Your appeal will be listed with other cases and you may have to wait for your hearing to start. Your court clerk will keep you informed about how long you may have to wait. They will take you into the hearing room when the judge/panel is ready to hear your appeal.

One or more legally qualified persons called immigration judges, sometimes sitting with non legal members of the tribunal, will decide whether your appeal should be allowed or dismissed.

In the hearing room with you will be:

The immigration judge or judges / non legal members (if any)
Your representative (if any)
The Home Office presenting officer
An interpreter (if you have asked for one)
Witnesses (when they are called, if any)
Members of the public (if any)
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2009
@ awoll

Hi!
Further information on appeal and hearing process,

regards sarj

What happens when an appeal is lodged?
When the AIT has recorded your appeal they will send a Notice of Receipt to the visa section that refused your application. You should enclose all additional supporting documentation with your appeal. When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, an Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) will review the decision to refuse your application in light of your Notice of Appeal and any supporting documents. If the ECM is now satisfied that your application meets the Immigration Rules, the original decision may be overturned, and entry clearance issued.

If the ECM does not overturn the decision, an ECO will write a statement to explain why the ECM decided to uphold the decision to refuse your application. This will be sent with all your papers (the appeal bundle) to the AIT. This process can take some time. The appeal bundle will be prepared and sent to the AIT within 20 working days for non-settlement cases and family visit cases. For settlement cases, the papers will be prepared and sent within 60 working days. These timings exclude postage and times to or from the visa section.
Back to questions

What does the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) do?
The AIT will list your appeal for hearing and send copies of all the relevant papers, including the ECO’s written statement, and supporting documents to the Home Office and to your representative or sponsor.

An Immigration Judge will hear your appeal in the UK. When considering an appeal, the Immigration Judge will look at all the evidence sent in by your representative, as well as by the Entry Clearance Officer. The judge will determine your appeal on the individual details of your case in line with the Immigration Rules.

The Immigration Judge has 10 days after the hearing to inform the AIT of his or her decision. The AIT will then forward that decision to everyone involved.

If your appeal is allowed, the determination will be sent to the relevant visa section who will in turn contact you. It can take up to six weeks for allowed determinations to reach visas sections, although in the majority of cases it will be significantly less. Please do not therefore contact them before that time.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2009
@ore123

In my opinion you have a very good chance, Remember to write all facts that can help you in the hearing at court. ( do mention in your letter explaining the error problems on your passport in detail.) As i see the ECO is highlighting that fact!

example history of visits to the UK. Returning back to your country on time etc,

regards sarj
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2009
hi, i spoke to my sister who's going to be representing me at the hearing and she made it clear that a hearing date hasn't been set yet, she explained that the AIT has given till the 18th february for the ECO to send my appeal bundle to the UK, i guess this means i have have a long way,

i hear these ECOs try to be stubborn at these stages and delay the process, i'm waiting
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sarj(f): 12:41am On Jan 23, 2009
your absolutely right! At this stage the ECO can be laid back by delaying things or they just have too much refusal statements to write up! No wonder why so many appeals, most appeals are successful!!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by benefe: 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2009
hello every1 i have been refused a student visa based on that my sponsor doesnt have same surname with me of which i submitted an affidavit of relationship,i even had to speak with an immgration lawyer and the first question i got was if i ddi an affidavit of relationship and i said yes, i want to appeal against the decision but the immigration lawyer said she needs to write a letter of reconsideration to them.i believ i can send them a reconsideration and at the same time send my appeal
but na wa ooo,these ECO i wonder for them i know of pple who have gotten visas without even using an affidavit of relationship and they used sponsors who doesnt ve same surname with them
an advice pls
or u can email me on omoben2ymail.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 10:04am On Jan 26, 2009
Dear Sir, I am Odigie Osayuwamen,i have applied for an entry clearaance to the United Kingdom to study Master at the University of East london i have also made payment of 50% tuition fee which is £4565 amounting to 1million naira to the school and still my visa was refused because the entry clerance officer faulted that my sponsors(mother) bank account was runing at a lower balance from july 2008 and in Dec 2008 a large deposit of 4million naira was made to this account so he or she is not satisfied on the balance of probability that i can pay for my course fee and living expencess. In this regards i have sent an appeal directly to the AIT via DHL which had been delivered since on monday 12th 2009 stating the origin of funds,my sponsor's company income tax clearance certificate and reciept issued to her customers and also a written statement explaining that the funds in question was gotting from my mummy's business account which she did not include with my application because it has notting directly with her business and also has right to withdraw money from her company account to her personal account to be made available for my remaining fees and living expences. Another problem is that i am starting school by february or even if i defer to september can they issue my visa when its not time for my studies as in may be like April or May when am resuming september? I await your respond to this issues. Respectfully Submitted,Odigie Osayuwamen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.