Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12063097 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10311) (10312) (10313) (10314) (10315) (10316) (10317) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Playing for Liverpool Chelsea and arsenal as an European player is a big achievement let alone an Israelite grin

thank you for this assignment, I will spend enough time trying to figure out what you actually mean with this comment. I believe we're done, I hope sey you see wetin I dey argue since from my point of view
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

to be very honest, I only knew of Marega recently and he's not even a poacher even at a top team and can hardly fit in as a lone striker dfkm. while at anderletch, Mitrovic attracted Mourinho at the age of 19. that move to a low team disrupted his potential. he's 26 and he still has time.
Torres played in top teams that shook the game and had a big impact in all of them while Billy sharp was firing hot in scunthorpe Lol. you be funny man, your comparison dey make me loose brain cells, I no even know where you dey go

The funny thing is Your brain isn't wired correctly

Sharp played in the lower tier of English football almost all his career so his over 230 goals wouldn't hold water

Your Mitrovic has played in the championship, Jupiler league, Serbian League until late...

Bringing up bullshit stats to argue a non-existent point is hogwash

You don't know Marega, so?

You know Joelinton.. I'm sure he is a bad ass striker then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
person wake up dey use free Opera dey argue say Christensen better pass Pepe

Someone that was rooted to the bench for the better part of Last season and this season

Na small run of form dey make u think say Cat fit compete wilth Leopard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Any player that comes to Barca that will be given the game time with the right coach will surely improve from average to world class ,Gerard pique was average at man united learning from world class like vidic and Ferdinand but he is already among the greatest to grace the game

Christensen is not still constitent at 24 but there is still much time for him

dfkm "Any player that comes to Barca that will be given the game time with the right coach will surely improve from average to world class"
people don't actually have to stand these days to do comedy and it's very amazing.

how about that Colombian guy at everton? Umtiti? how many "right coaches"? still below average. Dem plenty but na this one's I remember, wait! singlet nko? Lol talmbout improve, without the potential??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
JayromWrites:

Someone that was rooted to the bench for the better part of Last season and this season

Funny man, you go gather likes and shares again. thank God for free opera

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

dfkm "Any player that comes to Barca that will be given the game time with the right coach will surely improve from average to world class"
people don't actually have to stand these days to do comedy and it's very amazing.

how about that Colombian guy at everton? Umtiti? how many "right coaches"? still below average. Dem plenty but na this one's I remember, wait! singlet nko? Lol talmbout improve, without the potential??

Reason why I said you don’t watch football ,you keep on proving it

Umtiti did well at Barca till his injury struggles ,he did so well that he claimed a shirt at the France World Cup starting 11

Even a mad man knows that James did well at Madrid so what are you saying ? So because James falled out with Zidane meant he flopped

James is a world class player ,Samuel is not an average player

Funny guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

You are the funny one here grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Werin concern me with likes and shares

It's obvious you started watching football recently

Else you no go dey yarn wetin u dey yarn

Fulham better than Porto

Christensen, Tarkoski better than People

Nothing wey person no go read for NL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
JayromWrites:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
zuchyblink:
my dear, it is clear that you don't like being told the truth.your type prefers comforting lies to unpleasant truth. Typical Nigerian mentality.
Who be this one ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enakho(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
Attendance is free

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Mitrovic has 121 goals with 101 goals coming in the last 5-6 years and he's 26y/o
Marega at 29 has 76 goals in the last 5-6 years and 90 club goals. a striker's job is to score goals and withhe three years age Gap and having to play in a top team Marega is still falling short. Mitrovic is not in form since the start of the season and it's obvious.

Come on. Marega's natural role is not a centre forward. So you don't expect goals to be in that level. For a support striker that occasionally plays on the wing before a center striking role, his turnover in goals is brilliant.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

James Rodriguez is a legend. His quality has never been in doubt. From his days at Porto, U20 World Cup, World Cup etc. He is proven. This excerpt from Wiki as at 2012 as a 20 years old player.

2011–12 season
In the 2011–12 season, James scored 14 goals for Porto and delivered 11 assists. In 2011, James won the LPFP Award for Breakthrough Player of 2011–12 Primeira Liga season at age 20, becoming the first Colombian player to do so. He is a two-time winner of the SJPF Player of the Month. James won the Portuguese Golden Ball award in 2012, becoming the second Colombian to win the award after Radamel Falcao as well as the youngest player ever to hold the honour.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Reason why I said you don’t watch football ,you keep on proving it

Umtiti did well at Barca till his injury struggles ,he did so well that he claimed a shirt at the France World Cup starting 11

Even a mad man knows that James did well at Madrid so what are you saying ? So because James falled out with Zidane meant he flopped

James is a world class player ,Samuel is not an average player

Funny guy
I think he is talking about Yery Mina and not James.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
mostob:
I think he is talking about Yery Mina and not James.

Okay yerry Mina wasn’t a first choice at Barca and only spent about 6 months playing only 5 Laliga games and was sold to Everton and he is doing so well there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

James Rodriguez is a legend. His quality has never been in doubt. From his days at Porto, U20 World Cup, World Cup etc. He is proven. This excerpt from Wiki as at 2012 as a 20 years old player.

2011–12 season
In the 2011–12 season, James scored 14 goals for Porto and delivered 11 assists. In 2011, James won the LPFP Award for Breakthrough Player of 2011–12 Primeira Liga season at age 20, becoming the first Colombian player to do so. He is a two-time winner of the SJPF Player of the Month. James won the Portuguese Golden Ball award in 2012, becoming the second Colombian to win the award after Radamel Falcao as well as the youngest player ever to hold the honour.

why all this? James Rodriguez did not even play for barça neither is he a defender. I was referring to yerry mina. you don already bring out history come add colour sharperly, that was too fast man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Come on. Marega's natural role is not a centre forward. So you don't expect goals to be in that level. For a support striker that occasionally plays on the wing before a center striking role, his turnover in goals is brilliant.

which means that the comparison shouldn't have happened right? I specifically said that he can't play as a lone striker, either way Mitrovic stands out and can also hold a shirt in Porto even as a striker struggling with form and relegation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

why all this? James Rodriguez did not even play for barça neither is he a defender. I was referring to yerry mina. you don already bring out history come add colour sharperly, that was too fast man

And you think mina flopped at barca ?

Get your fact right as you are trying too hard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
Understood, Bro! I just want the best for him.
I don't want all that beef kinds of stuff at Mancity to happen to him again.
He is a generational talent as @supernerd @chriskels @kellycute @thegoodjoe and others have always emphasized!
AN Eight, Ten, and Nine built-in one!
Upwards ever!
BascoVanVeli:

How many times has Vardy ran to anyone after an assist U are making rules solely for Iheanacho. Vardy always has a celebration to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBvKmflYfYw

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
In case anyone is interested. I did a match preview for the Enyimba game vs Orlando Pirates on Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjq_EW71OA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
JayromWrites:

Werin concern me with likes and shares

It's obvious you started watching football recently

Else you no go dey yarn wetin u dey yarn

Fulham better than Porto

Christensen, Tarkoski better than People

Nothing wey person no go read for NL

you never still back your claim sey Pepe better pass MANY epl defenders at 38. I drop one from whoscored.com. I couldn't have made that up. it doesn't matter how long I have been watching the beautiful game, I'm a fan first. I dey talk wetin I see now, like NOW!! form, quality and abilities. and those players, CURRENTLY, can serve better than Pepe. they may not posses the experience he posses but speed and passing accuracy could be a big problem for an older player like Pepe, which these other players posses and even more. some of these young guys can run into the other players and create space, give pin point long ball passes that lead to goals. Christensen had about 3 take-ons vs Leeds and that's what pepe will not want to try. these little abilities gav them those ratings. Pepe kept records and achieved a lot, yes, he's not at that level anymore and it's obviously why Madrid let him go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

And you think mina flopped at barca ?
Get your fact right as you are trying too hard

why didn't he stay back and at least own a shirt?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

why didn't he stay back and at least own a shirt?

Own a shirt and bench mascherano and pique grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
fabyom:
Understood, Bro! I just want the best for him.
I don't want all that beef kinds of stuff at Mancity to happen to him again.
He is a generational talent as @supernerd @chriskels @kellycute @thegoodjoe and others have always emphasized!
AN Eight, Ten, and Nine built-in one!
Upwards ever!

It's all good my brother. We all want the best for these guys and that's all that matters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
according to football critic.com Christensen has a ranting of 87 while Pepe has a ranting of 80. this are their performances in their last games and their matchday ranting, Christensen is consistent with 7 point and that's class. Jason denayer and tyronne mings are on the same level with Pepe CURRENTLY!! and that's a wrap about this debate please

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Own a shirt and bench mascherano and pique grin

a young blood that was valued at €100m after he signed for barça, why not? wasn't he supposed to be a replacement? trust me he has improved and the trio of Andre Gomes and Lucas digne and mina have all improved. Yerry mina is rated ahead of Pepe currently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Calm down okay

The foreign media cannot carry all players scoring hattrick

Most times una go dey find wetin no loss ,the other one talk say Leicester players no dey like celebrate with iheanacho , you and others need to change this una childish Nigeria mentality, bleacher report is owned by an american so they can do what they like, or are you expecting allnigeria soccer or own goal nigeria to be hyping another player thats not nigerian ?

Dailymail and the guradian which is owned by the british praised iheanacho so what else do you want ? maybe you will even blame marca for not carrying the news

You still have a long way to go bro
You can't compare owngoal Nigeria with bleacher report. Owngoal Nigeria only covers sports news related with Nigerian sport while bleacher report covers sports news across the globe. And why are you bringing up Marca? We all know Marca is limited to Spain. And please don't compare my issue with the other guy saying that Iheanacho doesn't celebrate with other players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22

Do you actually watch football or u just depend on websites and bs?

A bandage faced pepe didnt drop a defensive masterclass away from home against a ronaldo led Juventus just so u could compare him to chris, mings and the likes

I dey road,make i reach house fess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
Some people said by this time this year Nwakali would be in the SE squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
see this oga Andrew. you said that Pepe is better than all Chelsea defenders

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

a young blood that was valued at €100m after he signed for barça, why not? wasn't he supposed to be a replacement? trust me he has improved and the trio of Andre Gomes and Lucas digne and mina have all improved. Yerry mina is rated ahead of Pepe currently.

Receive common sense ,yerry mina was never valued at 100 million ,he has done nothing to reach that level

Andre Gomes has been a good player from his Valencia days he has even regressed

Digne has always been good ,he left Barca because he will always be a backup to Jordi alba

Your Pepe talk keep on making you look confused grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
JayromWrites:
Tamunotonye22

Do you actually watch football or u just depend on websites and bs?

A bandage faced pepe didnt drop a defensive masterclass away from home against a ronaldo led Juventus just so u could compare him to chris, mings and the likes

I dey road,make i reach house fess

I don spread bedsheet on top this matter. and I watch football sir. Ming's dey meet likes of Salah,mane,aguero & co.,rashford,aubameyang everyday Lol
na masterclasses I go call am

(1) (2) (3) ... (10311) (10312) (10313) (10314) (10315) (10316) (10317) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), shawwal1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.