Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12063128 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10310) (10311) (10312) (10313) (10314) (10315) (10316) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
my guy i used to semi-take komekn comments seriously but when he actually typed with a straight face implying fulham is better than porto then I knew I would stop wasting my time arguing with him anytime he drops his nonsensical hot takes.

andrewbaba44:

I have always said that iheanacho will not lack epl club during his bad form and i said at worst those below top 10 teams but my broda komekn said he will not get into any championship side despite me giving him some example of some crappy British players playing in the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
when e no be traffic warden. I agree 100% with Andrew that Pepe is better than ALL the current epl defenders full CAPS. The only one someone can use to argue is Thiago Silva but I can easily say Pepe has a UCL to his name. VVD sef the jury is still out on him whether he's a activity former.

JayromWrites:
Andrewbaba44 you r too kind in your assessment

Pepe is one of the last of his kind.. A defender that excelled because he can actually defend nt because he is good at pointing fingers

Pepe at 38 will start at all the premier league teams bar man city

How person go wake up mention zouma,christensen,tarkoski in the same sentence with pepe

This na pure ment

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
My bad, but please Pepe plays in a top top team so it's a factor too

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2021
chrisooblog:
my guy i used to semi-take komekn comments seriously but when he actually typed with a straight face implying fulham is better than porto then I knew I would stop wasting my time arguing with him anytime he drops his nonsensical hot takes.

Fulham better than Porto cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

exactly!! what else do you have to say?

I know who Pepe I and who he WAS, Pepe was a rock. but... can somebody see through my view??

You have no view

A 1 leg pepe is better than a Christensen with 20 legs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:
My bad, but please Pepe plays in a top top team so it's a factor too

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
chrisooblog:
when e no be traffic warden. I agree 100% with Andrew that Pepe is better than ALL the current epl defenders full CAPS. The only one someone can use to argue is Thiago Silva but I can easily say Pepe has a UCL to his name. VVD sef the jury is still out on him whether he's a activity former.

I see where you're coming from Lol. "Pepe has a UCL to his name", is that why he can play in all the epl teams? Lol please, at the moment, Pepe is not better than MANY epl defenders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

I see where you're coming from Lol. "Pepe has a UCL to his name", is that why he can play in all the epl teams? Lol please, at the moment, Pepe is not better than MANY epl defenders

I feel you are a very young kid who didn’t watch players who are at their 38 now

You think I rate Thiago Silva laporte or vvd because they play for big clubs ?

If you watch pepe play you would not be saying nonsense

Kuku say lewis dunk Christensen is better then Ramos bonucci pique ,nothing wey we no go hear for this thread

You are just making me laugh while you think you are making point

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You have no view

A 1 leg pepe is better than a Christensen with 20 legs

is this facts or it is one of those lines people use when they can't accept facts?
what is the possibility of Pepe having one leg and Christensen having 20 legs? break things down for me. the argue is about "now", 2020/2021 and I can't even stress it enough. Pepe is very good even at 38 but he isn't what you think he is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

is this facts or it is one of those lines people use when they can't accept facts?
what is the possibility of Pepe having one leg and Christensen having 20 legs? break things down for me. the argue is about "now", 2020/2021 and I can't even stress it enough. Pepe is very good even at 38 but he isn't what you think he is

I am sure you had same view about Thiago Silva at 36 till you watch him help psg to the champions league finals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I feel you are a very young kid who didn’t watch players who are at their 38 now

You think I rate Thiago Silva laporte or vvd because they play for big clubs ?

If you watch pepe play you would not be saying nonsense

Kuku say lewis dunk Christensen is better then Ramos bonucci pique ,nothing wey we no go hear for this thread

You are just making me laugh while you think you are making point

I'm actually a kid and it seems I see and understand the game clearly and better than you do. Pepe is 38, rate him, address him and judge his game as a 38y/o. he won the UCL and broke records with Real Madrid but is he still at that level? is he still in Madrid? did he win the UCL recently?
please are we still comparing Mitrovic and Marega?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

I'm actually a kid and it seems I see and understand the game clearly and better than you do. Pepe is 38, rate him, address him and judge his game as a 38y/o. he won the UCL and broke records with Real Madrid but is he still at that level? is he still in Madrid? did he win the UCL recently?

How is mitrovic better than moussa marega grin

Mitrovic that our own Maja Is already a big threat to his position at Fulham ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I am sure you had same view about Thiago Silva at 36 till you watch him help psg to the champions league finals

Did I say so or you're deviating? not so fast. Christensen is doing exactly what he was doing and probably better except the goalscoring of course. Thiago came to Chelsea to lead, Chelsea needed that figure to restore fear and respect in the squad.
Do not deviate old man!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How is mitrovic better than moussa marega grin

Mitrovic that our own Maja Is already a big threat to his position at Fulham ?

Is Marega out performing Taremi?
Maja wey never score 20 top flight goals in a season before Lol please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Is Marega out performing Taremi?

How does this makes mitrovic better than Moussa marega ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Did I say so or you're deviating? not so fast. Christensen is doing exactly what he was doing and probably better except the goalscoring of course. Thiago came to Chelsea to lead, Chelsea needed that figure to restore fear and respect in the squad.
Do not deviate old man!!!

Christensen is not a world class player or close so what’s your point ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Shut up

How is Mitrovic better than Marega?

That's how resident Southgate told us Mitrovic will walk into a top 6 club

Nigga isn't even starting in a relegation Club

nonsense and Here and now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
una funny sha

imagine such argument that fulham is better than porto cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
andrewbaba44:

Fulham better than Porto cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
una funny sha

imagine such argument that fulham is better than porto cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My broda I tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
JayromWrites:

Shut up

How is Mitrovic better than Marega?

That's how resident Southgate told us Mitrovic will walk into a top 6 club

Nigga isn't even starting in a relegation Club

nonsense and Here and now

Mitrovic has 121 goals with 101 goals coming in the last 5-6 years and he's 26y/o
Marega at 29 has 76 goals in the last 5-6 years and 90 club goals. a striker's job is to score goals and withhe three years age Gap and having to play in a top team Marega is still falling short. Mitrovic is not in form since the start of the season and it's obvious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Christensen is not a world class player or close so what’s your point ?

Barça has begged for his services too many times. na only you wey no dey see the world class potential (because he's young)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

There are as well average players at big teams so what are you saying ?

If you think maguire is more than average then you are on a long thing grin

Stones has improved recently ,dude could not play 6 consecutive epl games for 3 seasons should tell you a lot ,maybe we should give thanks to guardiola

definitely average players, but when will they get to the world class status? at 38?
stones was a starter back to back for two seasons before moving to city, if he has improved, then it simply means he's aging well (as he should). I no see any point or fact for anything wey you write up there but it's okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Barça has begged for his services too many times. na only you wey no dey see the world class potential (because he's young)

You think I will sugar coat Barca here ? I laugh in Swahili

If Barca can stop buying players due to cash and use mingueza and co then why cant they use Christensen grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

definitely average players, but when will they get to the world class status? at 38?
stones was a starter back to back for two seasons before moving to city, if he has improved, then it simply means he's aging well (as he should). I no see any point or fact for anything wey you write up there but it's okay

Not all players will make it to world class levels okay

Example players like Gary Neville carragher was never world class but English media no gree grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Not all players will make it to world class levels okay

Example players like Gary Neville carragher was never world class but English media no gree grin

as it should! make isreali media hype benayoun too. can I know why you called those players average? because my point is that a player could still have world class potential in a very small team and it's okay, going to a bigger team to expose it is another thing. now explain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You think I will sugar coat Barca here ? I laugh in Swahili

If Barca can stop buying players due to cash and use mingueza and co then why cant they use Christensen grin

if Christensen signs for barça, then he's staying there for 12 years as first choice CD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
I drop comment, back am with fact, undisputed. person wey discover my ment issue and him cohorts don vanish. I see a lot of us here lack simple argument skill which should be fact dropping.
I still dey wait, no training today, I get time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Mitrovic has 121 goals with 101 goals coming in the last 5-6 years and he's 26y/o
Marega at 29 has 76 goals in the last 5-6 years and 90 club goals. a striker's job is to score goals and withhe three years age Gap and having to play in a top team Marega is still falling short. Mitrovic is not in form since the start of the season and it's obvious.

Billy Sharp has more career goals than Fernando Torres

So Billy Sharp is better abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

if Christensen signs for barça, then he's staying there for 12 years as first choice CD

Any player that comes to Barca that will be given the game time with the right coach will surely improve from average to world class ,Gerard pique was average at man united learning from world class like vidic and Ferdinand but he is already among the greatest to grace the game

Christensen is not still constitent at 24 but there is still much time for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

as it should! make isreali media hype benayoun too. can I know why you called those players average? because my point is that a player could still have world class potential in a very small team and it's okay, going to a bigger team to expose it is another thing. now explain

Playing for Liverpool Chelsea and arsenal as an European player is a big achievement let alone an Israelite grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
JayromWrites:

Billy Sharp has more career goals than Fernando Torres

So Billy Sharp is better abi

to be very honest, I only knew of Marega recently and he's not even a poacher even at a top team and can hardly fit in as a lone striker dfkm. while at anderletch, Mitrovic attracted Mourinho at the age of 19. that move to a low team disrupted his potential. he's 26 and he still has time.
Torres played in top teams that shook the game and had a big impact in all of them while Billy sharp was firing hot in scunthorpe Lol, playing twice a week and attracting teams like Sheffield. you be funny man, your comparison dey make me loose brain cells, I no even know where you dey go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 4:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Calm down okay

The foreign media cannot carry all players scoring hattrick

Most times una go dey find wetin no loss ,the other one talk say Leicester players no dey like celebrate with iheanacho , you and others need to change this una childish Nigeria mentality, bleacher report is owned by an american so they can do what they like, or are you expecting allnigeria soccer or own goal nigeria to be hyping another player thats not nigerian ?

Dailymail and the guradian which is owned by the british praised iheanacho so what else do you want ? maybe you will even blame marca for not carrying the news

You still have a long way to go bro
my dear, it is clear that you don't like being told the truth.your type prefers comforting lies to unpleasant truth. Typical Nigerian mentality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10310) (10311) (10312) (10313) (10314) (10315) (10316) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), shawwal1(m), UncleHaba22 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.