Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12153848 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (16460) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2017
do4luv14:

him go done be old Trojan now sed

Very painful when I see hard working youngsters being ignored despite willing to play for Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

Lol...abeg nor use laugh kill person
I think rohr don't really fancy players...in Turkish league...
I really blame keshi for snubbing these guy during his reign as SE coach

No mind d guy. He doesn't fancy players in Turkey but why did he invite Onazi and Omeruo?

So, Rohr fancies Israeli, Portuguese second division and Cyprus league ahead of the Turkish league?

I am beginning to suspect his integrity. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

I think the lad want to stay fight for his place...
I doubt if he has good advisers....
I just pray we get that dressiers and one of those English groom players...we are good to go...
I am feed up of bothering myself over a players who don't care about their career growth

Really! Em wan die untop person wey no send am? shocked

Well, I hope somebody tells him the truth. Pep doesn't want him hence he declared him surplus to requirement.

It's to glaring to see but if he insist to stay and eventually doesn't have game time, he should bid his call to the national team farewell.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:46am On Jun 22, 2017
That's the reason in your head.

forgiveness:

No wonder South Africa showed him the ugly part of his team. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2017
forgiveness:

Very painful when I see hard working youngsters being ignored despite willing to play for Nigeria.

you can't blame anybody, how many of us follow the Hungarian league wia he was based,

not even me, nor you that's the point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2017
Otigba had a good season, right? How many caps did he earn in this past season?

forgiveness:

No mind d guy. He doesn't fancy players in Turkey but why did he invite Onazi and Omeruo?

So, Rohr fancies Israeli, Portuguese second division and Cyprus league ahead of the Turkish league?

I am beginning to suspect his integrity. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

Lol...abeg nor use laugh kill person
I think rohr don't really fancy players...in Turkish league...
I really blame keshi for snubbing these guy during his reign as SE coach

he was jst onloan in turkey, he was based in Hungary wia he had represent them at youth level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2017
Otigba's stats LAST SEASON doesn't look convincing.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kenny-otigba/leistungsdaten/spieler/136515

Awaziem may not have played for Porto A last season. But he earned his first call to SE when he was starting for Porto A. And he was a super regular for Porto B this past season.

Some of us see better than Rohr

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2017
Mickael2:

Ajagun just dey sweet you for belle, are you sure he isn't your in law?
Oh just like Ndidi dey sweet u for belle and Mikel dey sweet me too,everybody has one player or d other they love but that should not stop us from posting good comments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2017
How about we make a case for Oboabona as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/godfrey-oboabona/leistungsdaten/spieler/217656

For those who can see better, what's your criteria for selection? Pick your best 22, and there would still be critics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
twitter.com/NGSuperEagles

45 mins ago - We regret to announce that our chief coach, Salisu Yusuf lost his mother, Hajia Binta Yusuf, earlier today, (Thursday). She was aged 88.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
oga Kog45 I finally decided to youtube Ajagun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJzH2Sq-Rs

Let everyone watch his clip and be sincere. Does Ajagun make a strong case?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
You are totally missing the whole plot.

Humility017:

I think the lad want to stay fight for his place...
I doubt if he has good advisers....
I just pray we get that dressiers and one of those English groom players...we are good to go...
I am feed up of bothering myself over a players who don't care about their career growth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Saw the news moments ago too....

Take Heart Coach Salisu..... be consoled in the fact that she lived long and lived well. It is well Coach. It is well....

BascoVanVeli:

twitter.com/NGSuperEagles

45 mins ago - We regret to announce that our chief coach, Salisu Yusuf lost his mother, Hajia Binta Yusuf, earlier today, (Thursday). She was aged 88.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
Don't mind some forumites here.... I too have been clamouring for Otigba but fact is his performances and stats last season are below par.

Joebie:
Otigba's stats LAST SEASON doesn't look convincing.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kenny-otigba/leistungsdaten/spieler/136515

Awaziem may not have played for Porto A last season. But he earned his first call to SE when he was starting for Porto A. And he was a super regular for Porto B this past season.

Some of us see better than Rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
*smh*

Ever heard of Paranoid delusions? Coz you are being kinda delusional. wink

@bolded....

forgiveness:

Na wa ooooooo. This guy still dey but they ignored him for division two players.

I have no doubt that the National team is now a cult.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Joebie:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well, he can dribble very well, he has a good passing range, long balls and through balls he has them both, he is strong too and his ball control is amazing.

however I believe he is more of a CMF his goalscoring ability is abysmally poor. almost all his strikes were off target even when he was in front of goal alone. I like his style of play though he knows he can't score so he would rather pass and his decision making isn't bad.

all in all considering the fact that we have no attacking or CMF on our team he has a strong case, a very strong one

Or you think he doesn't have a case?!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
I mentioned him in my discussion with you alongside Aluko after discussing Nacho and Iwobi as a 10.... and I laid out his qualities in brief....

Ajagun in that game against South Africa would have located Iheanacho in space with at least two of those 4-5 overhit/overcooked throughballs the likes of Onazi and Etebo were sending.....

Ajagun's passing range is very good and his Vision is great. Lad is technically gifted and carries a good swagger in his game.

He should be given a look-in.

Joebie:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Let everyone watch and give their verdict.

TheSuperNerd:
I mentioned him in my discussion with you alongside Aluko after discussing Nacho and Iwobi as a 10.... and I laid out his qualities in brief....

Ajagun in that game against South Africa would have located Iheanacho in space with at least two of those 4-5 overhit/overcooked throughballs the likes of Onazi and Etebo were sending.....

Ajagun's passing range is very good and his Vision is great. Lad is technically gifted and carries a good swagger in his game.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
I guess the real question here is, was this journo part of the negotiation to know that Shakespear plans to give Nacho the support striker role?
Most Naija journos tend to write pure speculative craps just for the heck of it!

O pari

forgiveness:

What are you waiting for? The best of the best deal ever made so far. shocked grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Someone has been missing in action around here!

Safarigirl, where are you

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
I will give my opinion after others have watched and commented. However, I get your point as regards the SA game.

TheSuperNerd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
I will give my opinion after others have watched..

Mickael2:

well, he can dribble very well, he has a good passing range, long balls and through balls he has them both, he is strong too and his ball control is amazing.

however I believe he is more of a CMF his goalscoring ability is abysmally poor. almost all his strikes were off target even when he was in front of goal alone. I like his style of play though he knows he can't score so he would rather pass and his decision making isn't bad.

all in all considering the fact that we have no attacking or CMF on our team he has a strong case, a very strong one

Or you think he doesn't have a case?!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
You have a good point there O pari master.....

When I went through the foreign sites carrying the Leicester-Nacho news like telegraph UK, I didn't see anything about a "favorite role" being part of the bargain... probably it is something OGN just added based on their own speculation as Vardy is Leicester's first choice no.9/striker and They play majorly a 4-4-2.

Icon79:
I guess the real question here is, was this journo part of the negotiation to know that Shakespear plans to give Nacho the support striker role?
Most Naija journos tend to write pure speculative craps just for the heck of it!

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Exactly!

It's the same naija journos who speculated that Conte was going to give Mikel "a free role in Chelsea midfield". Now, we all know how that ended up.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

You have a good point there O pari master.....

When I went through the foreign sites carrying the Leicester-Nacho news like telegraph UK, I didn't see anything about a "favorite role" being part of the bargain... probably it is something OGN just added based on their own speculation as Vardy is Leicester's first choice no.9/striker and They play majorly a 4-4-2.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
i'm sure OGN follow our forum hahaha.

Icon79:

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
Okay.... Let's hope they do watch the video coz it may be lengthy for some. Ajagun's finishing and shooting will definitely turn them off.... but I hope they spot other qualities like the defensive side to his game in addition to what I have already mentioned.

Plus Ajagun is quite pacy. wink

Joebie:
I will give my opinion after others have watched and commented. However, I get your point as regards the SA game.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Why They Call Me The Poster Boy Of Nigeria Football – Arsenal Iwobi Reveals

Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi has revealed why most people referred to him as the poster boy of the senior national team of Nigeria since his debut for the Super Eagles.

Iwobi revealed the large Arsenal fan base in Nigeria is responsible for the love he gets whenever he plays for the Super Eagles, and also feels the passion Nigeria have for the team is also a factor

“When I was told I won African Youth Player of the Year, I was like ‘Wow, that’s nice!’ I need to challenge myself even more now though and push on, and one day win African Player of the Year.”

With eight international caps to his name, including five starts and one goal, since making his debut for the Super Eagles in 2015, Iwobi is without doubt Nigerian football’s hottest property. “Arsenal’s fanbase in Nigeria is crazy, that’s why maybe you could say I’m the face of Nigerian football, because of Arsenal,”.

“Every time I’m called up to represent the national team, it’s an honour to be honest. Scoring on my first international start was unbelievable. Hearing the fans blow their trumpets, it was amazing, a real dream come true.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/22/why-they-call-me-the-poster-boy-of-nigeria-football-arsenal-iwobi-reveals/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
KPOM! Along with all the other lazy naija journos. All they do is just troll the internet to collect and recycle news articles.

And by the way, where's the the NL first lady - Safarigirl. I haven't seen her here in a while.
**I have been MIA myself - recuperating from that shocking loss to South Africa.

O pari

Joebie:
i'm sure OGN follow our forum hahaha.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon79:
Someone has been missing in action around here!

Safarigirl, where are you

O pari

shey nah only she you remember,

abeg carry your eyes go corner go ask for TBABA, but no ask for sirMANJER ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
I didn't need to watch to the end to know that Ajagun is a damn good AMF. He is that connector btw MF and Attack. He passes very well, he's always on time to pop up and shoot. I watched a couple of his games last season he was good but his team was just too leaky in the back. Well he's on loan from Panathanaikos. I hope they sell him. But as for SE, lets forget it, he won't be invited as long as Mikel still states that he's playing for SE. Rohr may never put a newbie in that AM position after what SA did to us. If na you, you go put new person there? But Ajagun can make a good case by going to a top team in either France or Belgium, he has the talent to succeed there. E.g. could be Marseille, Nice, Genk, or Liege. I'd be glad to see him in SE but I know Rohr won't invite him

Joebie:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria/Cameroon: Mikel, Musa, Moses Will Stop Cameroon, Says Onigbinde

Super Eagles' Michael Obi and Indomitable Lions' Benjamin Moukandjo (file photo).

As Nigeria prepares for the destiny-shaping tie with Cameroon in the countdown to the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup, former Super Eagles manager, Adegboye Onigbinde believes that the quick recovery of the injured duo of Mikel Obi and Victor
Moses and the rediscovery of form by Ahmed Musa will be key to the team's qualification.

The three 'M's will certainly form a potent strike force against Nigeria's next opponent, Cameroon in August.

Musa's form has dipped of late as he had to play as substitute in the Super Eagles while not getting considerable match time in his Premiership club, Leicester.

Mikel and Moses last featured for Nigeria in the 3-1 victory over Algeria last November in the World Cup qualifier.

Incidentally, all goals for Nigeria were scored by the duo, with Chelsea's Moses scoring twice.

Victor Moses has been on and off in the Super Eagles due to injury. Even though he featured prominently for Chelsea in the season just ended, he is reported to have been playing with injured toe and had to take strong analgesic injections to be able to play.

He therefore opted for an operation ahead of the coming English football season. Nigerians will only hope he recovers before the back-to-back World Cup encounters with African champions, Cameroon.

Eagles injury woes were compounded with the absence of first choice goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme. He too was absent in the match against the Bafana Bafana in Uyo.

Reliable central defender, Leon Balogun also missed the last Super Eagles' fixture with South Africa also owing to injury, just like the captain of the squad, Mikel Obi who had to be operated on in London last April.

Chief Onigbinde told the Sports Village Square that Nigeria's home loss to South Africa in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers was largely due to the absence of key players. He singled out that of Mikel Obi and Victor Moses.

"Nigeria's loss to South Africa was due to the absence of Mikel and Moses. I am not saying other players are not good enough to play for the national team, but the experience, the inspiration and leadership qualities of Mikel and Moses would have made the great difference.

"I noticed we lost due to lack of experienced players who can create chances with ease. I believe both Mikel and Moses can save Rohr's job if they are available in the next match. "I am confident that the Super Eagles will beat Cameroon, at least in the first fixture."

A win in the match will give Nigeria a nine-point head start before going into the reverse fixtures of the World Cup qualifying draw.

"Rohr will certainly get more pressure should he lose his next game against Cameroon. I only pray he snubs inexperienced players who claim to ply their trade in Europe. He needs the hungry and adventurous players who can take on any opposition, especially a team that is very physical like Cameroon", Onigbinde said.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201706210325.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (16460) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Christology(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.