Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,869 members, 7,872,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988102 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
CS Sfaxien Midfielder , Sokari : Eagles Need More Africa -Based Players
By Izuchukwu Okosi:

CS Sfaxien of Tunisia midfielder, Kingsley Sokari, hopes Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr will extend more invitations to Nigerian players in African major leagues for the subsequent 2018 World Cup and 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

There have been calls by a Nigerians for the inclusion of 'home-based' players in the Eagles team over the years as their overseas-based pros get more of the attention from national team selectors.

"Currently, the Super Eagles have capable young players from European and African clubs who will be around for a long time to come," the former Enyimba player told Completesportsnigeria.com .

"My opinion about having more players who are based in Africa in the national team is that it creates that competitive atmosphere in a team which can only be beneficial to the whole squad.

"Against some opponents in the World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, it will be the best to have some of us in the national team because we play on the continent, travel and play CAF club competitions and are familiar with some of the match venues of the host teams.

"Personally, I will like to be considered without pretending about it, but we cannot all make the team at the same time.

"I'm more concerned about improving my game now at club level, but hopeful about the national team in the near future," the former Flying Eagles star told Completesportsnigeria.com on Thursday.

Daniel Akpeyi is a goalkeeper of South African side Chippa United and was in goal on June 10 in the Super Eagles' 2-0 home defeat against South Africa although the duo of Ibrahim Alhassan and Ikechukwu Ezenwa of Akwa United and FC Ifeanyiubah respectively, were unused substitutes in the qualifying match.

Speaking about his Tunisian club, CS Sfaxien's campaign in the CAF Confederation Cup, Sokari rued missing a clear cut chance in the second half of their 1-1 draw on Wednesday evening on Match day 4 of the competition against South Africa side, Platinum Stars at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium.

Sokari who scored his club's first goal in a 3-0 win when both sides clashed in the first leg on June 4 said: "I was so angry missing that opportunity to score. That could have had an impact on the result, who knows.

"My first job is to create goal scoring opportunities for my teammates, but when the chance comes, why not," the midfielder stressed.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/cs-sfaxien-midfielder-sokari-eagles-need-africa-based-players/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
Bruh, what do you expect?

My ears are very precious to me grin

O pari

do4luv14:

no dey take style dey run say im say 'bite master'
nah "5seconds" you hear am "5seconds"

as ah dey like dis so, ah dey wit AJ " D-TKO master" dey spare for you cheesy shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Looooollllll....... She is "The Present" and she has to be present... ba?

What if "The Present" is not present? wink

Would you give up on "The Present"?

Is this how true how thy Love for The First lady is? Conditional? wink

Icon79:
Yup. That's why I said that the price has to be PRESENT before the fight.
.... Because, after the fight ...
I no wan tori

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd .. in this age??
grin grin grin

TheSuperNerd:
Coward! tongue

Why won't you stand and "fight" for what/who you love.... even Independence was fought for.

Wars have also been started because of Love and won and lost too... where art thy courage?? Art thou a man of Valor or a man of Cowardice? tongue tongue tongue

Fight my good man... fight... and see if a kiss from the lips of thy love won't be thy reward.... tongue wink grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Bros... your blood dey hot oooo.... shocked

Sparring kwa?? Already in the gym?? shocked

This is serious! Your Love for the First lady must be unreal ooo...

Really feeling for you both... sad

She is too high a prize and Present to Claim.... hope she looks your ways... sad Safarigirl is special... Your dreams are quite tall... sad

do4luv14:

no dey take style dey run say im say 'bite master'
nah "5seconds" you hear am "5seconds"

as ah dey like dis so, ah dey wit AJ " D-TKO master" dey spare for you cheesy shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ehen..... angry

Wetin do the Age? angry

Love is Ageless.... Love shatters the glass of time... Love is boundless. So 21st or 4th century... let them fight... grin

Joebie:
TheSuperNerd .. in this age??
grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bros... your blood dey hot oooo.... shocked

Sparring kwa?? Already in the gym?? shocked

This is serious! Your Love for the First lady must be unreal ooo...

Really feeling for you both... sad

She is too high a prize and Present to Claim.... hope she looks your ways... sad Safarigirl is special... Your dreams are quite tall... sad

you can said that again, girls like her is wat we guys need, girls that are SPECIAL,

and I wont mind climbing mount Everest jst to win her hand, cos she will always bring something Spe ial to the table grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Chaaaiiiiii..... shocked

Lemme borrow thy rival's words....

O Pari.

do4luv14:

you can said that again, girls like her is wat we guys need, girls that are SPECIAL,

and I wont mind climbing mount Everest jst to win her hand, cos she will always bring something Spe ial to the table grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jesuspikin8: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Walai you guys are trying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
Iwobi Trialed With Arsenal For THREE Years Before He Signed Deal, Idolizes Henry

Alex Iwobi trialed with Arsenal for three years before he penned his first official contract with the London club.

In a recent interview, pitchingitblack.com revealed that iwobi was an Arsenal trialist from the age of six and officially signed for the north London club aged nine.

“It was nice knowing that I played for Arsenal. The facilities were amazing, the training kits you’re given. It was just nice,” Iwobi told the website.

The Nigeria international grew up watching Thierry Henry and has admitted that he idolizes the Gunners record goalscorer.

Iwobi said : ''As a kid you’re hearing about Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp, but you’re actually at the same club.

''It’s mad. It was amazing to go back and tell my friends at school that I play for Arsenal.''

Iwobi, 21, broke into Arsenal's first team in the second half of the 2015-2016 season, and scored his maiden goal for the senior side in their 6-0 rout of Lyon in the Emirates Cup.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23502

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dedebanky85:
I thought I was the onky person probably over reacting regarding Iwobi. I'm glad someone else would place Etebo in the wings ahead of Rohr. Well I believe Ndidi is a great talent, however I would utilize him in the LB position for now (afterall he played there for Genk in his initial season). There's something about Onazi's game I like when he plays with Mikel. Mikel lacks energy and pace but Onazi has that in abundance and seems to always pass to Mikel when they play together. So in Lieu of that, I'd like to see a team of:
Ikeme; Shehu RB, Balogun & Troost CBs, Ndidi LB; Onazi DM, Mikel (anywhere in MF), Ajagun (AM/CM) Etebo/Aluko (LWF), V.Moses (RWF), Iheanacho (False9). We'd play without a point man. We'd just using roamers going forward.

I don't need to tell you that I will switch Onazi with Ndidi. and if you play a false nine, you need another player who can score very well playing in one of the wings so that when the false nine moves forward the winger can take up his position and still score, So I'd rather just have Iheanacho in the 9 role or if he doesn't pick up form by then I'd bring in Kayode

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
OSIMHEN: I HAVE A POINT TO PROVE AT WOLFSBURG
By Tomiwa Babalola

The Nigerian says he failed to match his own expectations during his first season at Volkswagen Arena but is determined to improve next term

Victor Osimhen is determined to silence his doubters at Wolfsburg after an indifferent debut campaign at the Volkswagen Arena.

The 18-year-old appeared twice for the Wolves last season after undergoing a knee surgery that sidelined him for over 12 weeks, and the former Golden Eaglets’ forward admits the injury took the shine off him at the club.

"I had knee injury and I was out for so long which is why I was unable to give my team what was expected of me,” Osimhen told Goal.

"But I believe next season, I am going to put in more hard work to prove to the coach that he can rely on me, and also to continue to work hard and by the special grace of God, continue to do well for both my club side and the national team.”

He also claimed he is not in a hurry to force himself into Andries Jonker’s team, adding that he is understudying the likes of Mario Gomez, who has seen it all in football.

"We have Mario Gomez, who is very experienced in football, while I am just coming up, but it is good for me to watch him play and learn one or two things to add to my game also.

"I am never in a rush to break into the first team, I just want to take my time, step by step with hard work and dedication, I think I will get my chance and when I do, I will just grab it and make the coach believe he can rely on me also."

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/06/22/36553262/osimhen-i-have-a-point-to-prove-at-wolfsburg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
Haha!!

Nerdie mode activated ...

...Standby

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Looooollllll....... She is "The Present" and she has to be present... ba?

What if "The Present" is not present? wink

Would you give up on "The Present"?

Is this how true how thy Love for The First lady is? Conditional? wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
watching the cameroon game
cameroon players are selfish especially bassagog
Africans no sabi team work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Stats Talk

WhoScored.com @WhoScored:

Kelechi Iheanacho: Of the 59 players to score 10+ PL goals since August 2015, Iheanacho has the best on-target conversion rate (63.2%). 11:31 AM - 22 Jun 2017

At the end of last season (2016/17), Iheanacho still has the best goals-per-minute ratio of any player in Premier League history to have scored more than 10 goals.

Picked it up from Leicester Mercury on their Analysing if Nacho is worth the transfer trouble. They think he is.

And West Ham fans are not happy about the potential of losing out on Nacho. So much being said.

Meanwhile, Cameorun is playing now... and well.... **may comment after the 90mins**

My interest is in Young Germany led by Draxler vs Chile's LA Roja... cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
goaaaal
cameroon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
The way this Cameroonians are playing
Henn na like war o.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
I have to admire the pace of the cameroonians, they are doing Africa proud

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
To beat them will really take a lot, and we are not there yet. Our fullbacks need to be quick, really quick
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
do4luv14:

what a big blow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ajagun won't play against Cameoroun naa.... we are talking about Mikel's Absence....

If Mikel is not available, then who should be brought in for the AM role? There is Iwobi... but he is played as the team's left winger/left wing forward..
He is more of a left-sided creative midfielder who can improvise as a forward too but that no.10 role can be his.

There is Aluko... but haven't been invited yet.

There is Ajagun... also haven't been invited.

After the Cameroun games, we ought to look at how we can integrate a player for Mikel's role should he be absent again.

Who is Ajagun sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mybettingtips(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:
I have to admire the pace of the cameroonians, they are doing Africa proud
The same Cameroonian team some guys said are not fast... They are very fast

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
shocked

Iheanacho's transfer discussion thread has reached page 29 on Leicester city's forum grin

They really want iheanacho to play for them grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:
The way this Cameroonians are playing

Henn na like war o.

I don't really fancy their style of play o

They are too rough shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
What is wrong with African teams sef, can't we just maintain a lead ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Penalty

Goal grin. Australia grin

I talk am say this cameroon pipo too rough grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
CS Sfaxien Midfielder , Sokari : Eagles Need More Africa -Based Players
By Izuchukwu Okosi:

CS Sfaxien of Tunisia midfielder, Kingsley Sokari, hopes Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr will extend more invitations to Nigerian players in African major leagues for the subsequent 2018 World Cup and 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

There have been calls by a Nigerians for the inclusion of 'home-based' players in the Eagles team over the years as their overseas-based pros get more of the attention from national team selectors.

"Currently, the Super Eagles have capable young players from European and African clubs who will be around for a long time to come," the former Enyimba player told Completesportsnigeria.com .

"My opinion about having more players who are based in Africa in the national team is that it creates that competitive atmosphere in a team which can only be beneficial to the whole squad.

"Against some opponents in the World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, it will be the best to have some of us in the national team because we play on the continent, travel and play CAF club competitions and are familiar with some of the match venues of the host teams.

"Personally, I will like to be considered without pretending about it, but we cannot all make the team at the same time.

"I'm more concerned about improving my game now at club level, but hopeful about the national team in the near future," the former Flying Eagles star told Completesportsnigeria.com on Thursday.

Daniel Akpeyi is a goalkeeper of South African side Chippa United and was in goal on June 10 in the Super Eagles' 2-0 home defeat against South Africa although the duo of Ibrahim Alhassan and Ikechukwu Ezenwa of Akwa United and FC Ifeanyiubah respectively, were unused substitutes in the qualifying match.

Speaking about his Tunisian club, CS Sfaxien's campaign in the CAF Confederation Cup, Sokari rued missing a clear cut chance in the second half of their 1-1 draw on Wednesday evening on Match day 4 of the competition against South Africa side, Platinum Stars at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium.

Sokari who scored his club's first goal in a 3-0 win when both sides clashed in the first leg on June 4 said: "I was so angry missing that opportunity to score. That could have had an impact on the result, who knows.

"My first job is to create goal scoring opportunities for my teammates, but when the chance comes, why not," the midfielder stressed.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/cs-sfaxien-midfielder-sokari-eagles-need-africa-based-players/

IMO the best AMF in Africa right now. Saw him yesterday and every touch was a present, silky smooth guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
I noticed that basogog is quite wasteful with the ball of you maintain the shape of the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
If we want to beat cameroon then we need a dribbler in that match

They will just keep fouling him till we get a penalty or till they get a red card

That is why we need moses in that match

He is the key grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
What has just happened to Cameroon is one of the major reasons no African team is ready to win the WC.

You just missed a very glaring chance to make it 2-0 and barely 1 or 2 min later you give away a cheap penalty to make it 1-1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

IMO the best AMF in Africa right now. Saw him yesterday and every touch was a present, silky smooth guy.
I heard about him and watched him in the U20World cup. He has so much potential but he just hasn't improved past that stage. Playing lovely and sliky football with minimal output will not get you a good club. He needs to improve. Age is not on his side
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Sokari the best AMF in Africa right now? Abeg no start o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.