Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,723 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12029361 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Loooollll...... Anyway shaa.... The youngsters are giving a good fight shaa oooo.... But Chile is really showing class anytime they get up front on the attack. A really sweet game.

But I can tell you that apart from Draxler... the likes of Joshua Kimmich (no.18), Ter Stegen (no.22), Timo Werner (on the bench) and a few more out there today are future First XI players for die mannschaft.... (hope I got the spelling).

And Viola!!! My Beautiful German Youngsters have scored... I told you I won't be surprised if they win or draw but Sincerely I expect Chile to nick this.

Icon4s:

In all my years of football followership I have never seen Germany at the senior level being this humiliated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
1-1.

Good work Emre Can. That is how to be a leader in the midst of young players. Onazi take note.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
I was opportuned to watch CMR play today. Though it was barely for 20mins or so.

*MY DEDUCTIONS*
I'll be highlighting few things i discovered from my short stint infront of the Tv set.

*STRENGTH*
the camerounians strength lies much in their
Pace,
ruggedness,
with strength and play a sort of compact of football.

The team possesses fast and pacy wingers in Bassogog and Moukandjo which presently, I don't see any of our fullbacks matching up against them strength for strength and if care is not taking they can wreck havoc from both sides of the wings...

Another major concern for any attack is the compactness in which their defence is organized...

*HOW TO NEUTRALIZE THEM*
-we need to deploy a 4-2-3-1 that can easily switch to 4-4-2 formation tactics cos playing wide against them will be futile.

-Iheanacho should either play as an AMF/SS else his service won't be needed in the 9 role.

-Iwobi should not start this encounter.

-A Sharp and fit Victor Moses will be needed on the LW-his solo runs and dribbles will be needed to unlock their defence and providing cover for Echiejile.

-Mikel should play the CMF role with Onazi/Ndidi
playing the DMF.

-Our DMF should be concern more with shielding the defence and allow the CMF to do the attacking job-this is very important as our full backs is our weekest link

- Finally, No one should be played out of position.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
I like this comment So much. Well said Chief Icom4s smiley

Onazi did his best on the day.. yes.. He tried to make amends and give the team a fighting chance... but truth is he didn't let his experience flow well for the team.

Icon4s:
1-1.

Good work Emre Can. That is how to be a leader in the midst of young players. Onazi take note.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
Who plays RW?? You are focusing on just Bassogog?? If Moses plays LW, who plays RW?

Also.. who plays no.9 if Nacho, according to your deductions, is to play 10 behind the striker?

AIG07:
I was opportuned to watch CMR play today. Though it was barely for 20mins or so.

*MY DEDUCTIONS*
I'll be highlighting few things i discovered from my short stint infront of the Tv set.

*STRENGTH*
Pace,
ruggedness,

The team possesses fast and pacy wingers in Bassogog and Moukandjo which presently, I don't see any of our fullbacks matching up against them strength for strength and if care is not taking they can wreck havoc from both sides of the wings...

Another major concern for any attack is the compactness in which their defence is organized...

*HOW TO NEUTRALIZE THEM*
-we need to deploy a 4-2-3-1 that can easily switch to 4-4-2 formation tactics cos playing wide against them will be futile.

-Iheanacho should either play as an AMF/SS else his service won't be needed in the 9 role.

-A Sharp and fit Victor Moses will be needed on the LW-his solo runs and dribbles will be needed to unlock their defence and providing cover for Echiejile.

playing the DMF.

-Our DMF should be concern more with shielding the defence and allow the CMF to do the attacking job-this is very important as our full backs is our weekest link

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Loooollll...... Anyway shaa.... The youngsters are giving a good fight shaa oooo.... But Chile is really showing class anytime they get up front on the attack. A really sweet game.

But I can tell you that apart from Draxler... the likes of Joshua Kimmich (no.18), Ter Stegen (no.22), Timo Werner (on the bench) and a few more out there today are future First XI players for die mannschaft.... (hope I got the spelling).

And Viola!!! My Beautiful German Youngsters have scored... I told you I won't be surprised if they win or draw but Sincerely I expect Chile to nick this.

The Germans have looked promising all night in the build up to attacks but that their defense still looks very vulnerable though they improved as the game progressed. The German goalkeeper is their best player in this game thus far.

Chile are still favorites to win this.

This German team even as fragile as they are still look good enough to beat Cameroon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
AIG07:

*MY DEDUCTIONS*

*STRENGTH*
Pace,
ruggedness,

*HOW TO NEUTRALIZE THEM*

playing the DMF.

I have read countless articles on how Iheanacho should be played as an AM/SS. So who is that player that deserves to start as the CF of this team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
True shaa... the Germans are playing three at the back and they really struggled for the most parts.

But they have been able to adjust a Little but really have Ter Stegen to thank for Chile breaching them just once for it could have been more.

Chile are still favorites to win... I concur but mehn... I am not entirely ruling out a shock draw or even win for Germany's Young guns oooo....

And against Cameroun... hmmm... Well make I no talk until matchday. wink

Somebody has already tipped Bassogog to disgrace Hector.... Hahahahahahahahaha... until matchday abeg.

Icon4s:

The Germans have looked promising all night in the build up to attacks but that their defense still looks very vulnerable though they improved as the game progressed. The German goalkeeper is their best player in this game thus far.

Chile are still favorites to win this.

This German team even as fragile as they are still look good enough to beat Cameroon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hahaha, when I asked if Echiejile still played in the SE, that was more like a sarcastic comment cos he was anonymous against SA and made so many mistakes especially his passes. Again this was how we kept on hyping our squad against SA. We need to focus on our weaknesses and fix them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
hmmmm
Chile vs Germany
experience vs young guns
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Ummm. I don't even know how to answer this question sef.
Does not require a reply
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Y tongue
Meaning he did not watch or follow our last game IE against SA? And he comes here to analyze Nigeria Vs Cameroon?
Actually watched every minute of it on the contrary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
I knew you would come clear that question... I saw it as sarcastic too.

But I am sorry you are not doing a good balanced job of pointing out how we ought to prepare for the Camerounians.

You are just hyping the Camerounians' strengths and saying nothing of their weaknesses.... And hyping our weaknesses and saying nothing of our strengths.

That is your way of saying we should just forget the game naa... and go home coz it is a lost battle already. well done.

Lazyerudite:
Hahaha, when I asked if Echiejile still played in the SE, that was more like a sarcastic comment cos he was anonymous against SA and made so many mistakes especially his passes. Again this was how we kept on hyping our squad against SA. We need to focus on our weaknesses and fix them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

I have read countless articles on how Iheanacho should be played as an AM/SS. So who is that player that deserves to start as the CF of this team?

ideye

you saw what happened when both of them played against zambia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
I am surprised you are not considering Kayode... undecided
Ideye is an option too shaa.

jotey:

ideye
you saw what happened when both of them played against zambia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
And you think pointing out their strengths alone while pointing only to our weaknesses does justice to wholesome analysis?

We must talk about the strengths of both teams and also their weaknesses. That way we get to see the monsters we are up against and also the counter monsters we have to neutralize theirs.

And I repeat... their fullbacks looked faster like quicksilver today because they were up against a slow and Not so physically powerful Australian team.

The Super Pace of the Camerounian team is found mainly in three Musketeers... and they showed it even against Chile.

Moukandjo, Bassogog, and Anguissa.

If you have been following the trend, I did point out that short passes would unlucky the team and we should keep our defensive shape at all times
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
grin Precocious Youth vs World class Experience.... Mehn... cracker
jotey:
hmmmm
Chile vs Germany
experience vs young guns
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
wink
TheSuperNerd:
I knew you would come clear that question... I saw it as sarcastic too.

But I am sorry you are not doing a good balanced job of pointing out how we ought to prepare for the Camerounians.

You are just hyping the Camerounians' strengths and saying nothing of their weaknesses.... And hyping our weaknesses and saying nothing of our strengths.

That is your way of saying we should just forget the game naa... and go home coz it is a lost battle already. well done.

Nope, I think we should focus more on our weaknesses and try to adjust to them. Better to overhype them and overprepare than the opposite you know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I am surprised you are not considering Kayode... undecided

Ideye is an option too shaa.

kayode can come on in the second half

ideye is not getting a fair treatment to be honest

anytime he plays for us we always score

he might not be scoring for us but he creates chance for others to score

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
You mean quick passing and mobility in the final third... Yes... TheGoodjoe and I have long hammered on it... if you have been here from the beginning.

But in most of your posts, you are saying they will hold down our pacy players like you are Hugo Broos himself.... You are also sounding like this because of the south Africa game.

Being Negative and being pessimistic is not being objective.

I have dissected the Camerounian team and spoken about heir strengths and weaknesses.... I am not hyping the Nigerian team but showing where we do stand a good chance.

Now that is being soundly and roundly objective.

Lazyerudite:

If you have been following the trend, I did point out that short passes would unlucky the team and we should keep our defensive shape at all times
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

You mean quick passing and mobility in the final third... Yes... TheGoodjoe and I have long hammered on it... if you have been here from the beginning.

But in most of your posts, you are saying they will hold down our pacy players like you are Hugo Broos himself.... You are also sounding like this because of the south Africa game.

Being Negative and being pessimistic is not being objective.

I have dissected the Camerounian team and spoken about heir strengths and weaknesses.... I am not hyping the Nigerian team but showing where we do stand a good chance.

Now that is being soundly and roundly objective.

Yeah I might have my own fears but that was the only match I really got to watch and analyse since the match against Algeria as they don't even air the friendlies anymore. I was really following the trend prior to the match due to my tight schedule and imagine the reduction in expectations. Oh least I forget, why can't the Kayode dude play 9 and give iheanacho the free role?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
No.... We are already "over-preparing"... Rohr is even spying on Cameroun in Russia. He is studying their games and the team with his team of analysts.

We must not analyse without educating the others reading in ghost mode about what we are up against and how we can actually tackle them. We must be balanced and not spread the air of pessimism just because we wanna look humble ahead of the game.

It will only lead to more depression.

Nigeria is not there yet... but the Cameroun I saw today and against Chile is also not there yet and we can beat them with the Generals (Mikel, Moses, Balogun, Ikeme Plus even Young Success) back and if we play to our strengths and play with tactical awareness of their own strengths too.

Lazyerudite:
wink
Nope, I think we should focus more on our weaknesses and try to adjust to them. Better to overhype them and overprepare than the opposite you know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:
And did you see Echiejile on the pitch?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
No.... We are already "over-preparing"... Rohr is even spying on Cameroun in Russia. He is studying their games and the team with his team of analysts.

We must not analyse without educating the others reading in ghost mode about what we are up against and how we can actually tackle them. We must be balanced and not spread the air of pessimism just because we wanna look humble ahead of the game.

It will only lead to more depression.

Nigeria is not there yet... but the Cameroun I saw today and against Chile is also not there yet and we can beat them with the Generals (Mikel, Moses, Balogun, Ikeme Plus even Young Success) back and if we play to our strengths and play with tactical awareness of their own strengths too.

Fullbacks nko, we need to sort out those
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
It is okay to have fears.... but as analysts we must not be too emotional.

And Yes Kayode is a keen option for the no.9 role but we still have about 2months 6days to go to August 28 I think... so too early to call.

If Rohr reverses to Giving Nacho the same role he played against Tanzania and Zambia, Then Kayode is the most likely candidate for the no.9 role. Time will tell shaa.

Lazyerudite:

Yeah I might have my own fears but that was the only match I really got to watch and analyse since the match against Algeria as they don't even air the friendlies anymore. I was really following the trend prior to the match due to my tight schedule and imagine the reduction in expectations. Oh least I forget, why can't the Kayode dude play 9 and give iheanacho the free role?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
oops! triple posts.
Nairaland what's up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

how about kayode Sir icon4s....
the lad can do well upfront
considering the fact he has the strength and a good finisher too
I will prefer him above ideye...reason because he is more better finisher...
nacho playing as SS or Am...will allow room to shine...as he can as well switch wit the CF when occasion demands... more so his shot are well accurate and wit precision....
he will have a heyday

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
The fullbacks remain our problem really... we just have to keep making do with Echiejile on the left coz we got no other replacement for now who can step in for such big game.

This is where the issue of identifying good left back options for the team must be done in view of future games but for the Cameroun encounters... it will be Echiejile and Hopefully the lad to play LW that day (preferably Etebo) will help him out just like Moses did when he switched with Iwobi to help out Echiejile battle Mahrez.

Balogun also covered that left side of the defence real good that day the few times he came up against Mahrez.

For the Right back role... I really cannot say for now who should start. Will it be Shehu? Will it be Omeruo? Will it be Aina ? (a rookie!! Yikes...if his allegiance switch is finally done and dusted--- Experience crew will get me for this).

Or by a wild thinking, Onazi for RB? I don't know mehn... the fullback roles are problematic. And we will be up against Cameroun's might from those two wings... Hellish!

All the same, I hope Rohr sorts out his notes on the Camerounians and come up with a really good tactical plan and also the right players for each role. We need the players who will deliver the goods on the day. I hope Rohr gets it right this time.

Lazyerudite:

Fullbacks nko, we need to sort out those

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
[right][/right]
TheSuperNerd:
The fullbacks remain our problem really... we just have to keep making do with Echiejile in the left coz we got no other replacement for now who can step in for such big game.

This is where the issue of identifying good left back options for the team must be done in view of future games but for the Cameroun encounters... it will be Echiejile and Hopefully the lad to play LW that day (preferably Etebo) will help him out just like Moses did when he switched with Iwobi to help out Echiejile battle Mahrez.

Balogun also covered that left side of the defence real good that day the few times he came up against Mahrez.

For the Right back role... I really cannot say for now who should start. Will it be Shehu? Will it be Omeruo? Will it be Aina ? (a rookie!! Yikes...if his allegiance switch is finally done and dusted--- Experience crew will get me for this).

Or by a wild thinking, Onazi for RB? I don't know mehn... the fullback roles are problematic. And we will be up against Cameroun's might from those two wings... Hellish!

All the same, I hope Rohr sorts out his notes on the Camerounians and come up with a really good tactical plan and also the right players for each role. We need the players who will deliver the goods on the day. I hope Rohr gets it right this time.

That is our major problem and nothing more as far as I am concerned. Deal with those two and we can build on that. All other positions can be filled and our formation altered. I thought we were after one Aina and Idowu dude
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

kayode can come on in the second half

ideye is not getting a fair treatment to be honest

anytime he plays for us we always score

he might not be scoring for us but he creates chance for others to score
not every time he plays...we always score
remember against Spain...he played and we never scored...
please I will prefer kayode and nacho to start...nacho..as AM or SS...
while Kayode or Success as CF...
in the second half...iwobi and musa can be introduced... iwobi probably to replace nacho

(1) (2) (3) ... (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.