Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987958 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Anguissa missed the Afcon due to injury I think. Zoua played in his stead.

But now Zoua is back on the bench and Anguissa is back. That guy is trouble. That Cameroun no.3 called Anguissa in the advanced midfield role is real trouble.

As for Cameroun vs Germany... looolll... you really underrate Hector. Anyway, make I no talk... let that game come first. wink

Dedebanky85:
Lemme state it here, I am afraid of this CMR team to the bone marrow. What they did to Egypt is what they did to Australia - they wear the hell out of you with their super running. Infact this team can run for 120 mims non stop. The Aussies at some point couldn't run with the ball. They resorted to short and aimless passing.
After watching CMR, I'd put Musa or Etebo on Echejile's wing for support as they have the strength and stamina to pace up and down.
If Germany doesn't pick a result today against Chile, watch how Bassagog would yeye Jonas Hector when they play. That's how good we'd realise this Bassagog guy is.
I can't seem to recollect their number 3 Zambo Anguissa at the Nations cup. But wherever he surfaced from he's made CMR a whole lot stronger.
Truth be said, I de fear them oooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Oga we have super pace upfront.... we just need to activate the pace with the right throughballs and passing.... Our defenders are also not slowbies.
Their no.2 and 3 seems fast because The Australians are bloody slow.

I repeat their pace is generated majorly from the likes of Moukandjo, Bassogog and that Workhorse AMF called Anguissa.

We not there yet.... who says we are?? But the Camerounians are also not there as you can see today. They could not beat a team less in stamina, power and pace than them plus their finishing is wayward. Are they there too??

Cameroon can play crap all year but when they hear Nigeria, na do or die o. It is a warning

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
grin Same was said about Mahrez.... what happened?? grin

Let matchday come.

Etebo and Echiejile up and down that wing should limit Bassogog's influence. I hope.

Lazyerudite:

He will not be up against Echiejile, Echiejile will be at his mercy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Our full backs will need defensive support -- and workaholics for that matter that can also attack. My candidates? Moses and Etebo, both playing in the Left and Right Midfield

jotey:
If we want to beat cameroon then we need a dribbler in that match

They will just keep fouling him till we get a penalty or till they get a red card

That is why we need moses in that match

He is the key grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
And the warning is well received but truth is They are also not there yet grin

Besides.... is it only them who are charged up whenever the game Cameroun vs Nigeria comes around? undecided

You make it sound like they are the only ones who get pumped up while our players get depressed. Chaaiiiii... na wa ooo undecided

Lazyerudite:

Cameroon can play crap all year but when they hear Nigeria, na do or die o. It is a warning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
It is too obvious Sir Joebie... Etebo for the LW and Moses for the RW.... Chikena... These are the warriors that should do battle from the Wings for Nigeria and to provide good cover for our fullbacks.

Joebie:
Our full backs will need defensive support -- and workaholics for that matter that can also attack. My candidates? Moses and Etebo, both playing in the Left and Right Midfield

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
Thank you!

TheSuperNerd:

It is too obvious Sir Joebie... Etebo for the LW and Moses for the RW.... Chikena... These are the warriors that should do battle for the Wings for Nigeria and to provide good cover for our fullbacks.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
I am not hyping Cameroon @supernerd I am just stating what I can see. The same way Goldfish mentioned, I have been observing them because I want us to go to the world cup. However we hardly get to watch d SE and when we did, they put up a poor outing. We saw Cameroon in the nation's cup and now in the confed cup. They are faster than you think

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yes oooo.... we won't judge them entirely by it because we know in Africa, they know how to roar really loud when the chips are down but even at that... These performances at the Confed cup is a very good guide to how the Camerounians will set up against us come august and September. We must not ignore.

We are seeing their strengths and also their weaknesses.

Joebie:
but that's Cameroon for you when they play away from Africa. But they have this belief in African soil -- esp when they play against Nigeria. Let's not judge by their performance in the conf cup.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
And you think pointing out their strengths alone while pointing only to our weaknesses does justice to wholesome analysis?

We must talk about the strengths of both teams and also their weaknesses. That way we get to see the monsters we are up against and also the counter monsters we have to neutralize theirs.

And I repeat... their fullbacks looked faster like quicksilver today because they were up against a slow and Not so physically powerful Australian team.

The Super Pace of the Camerounian team is found mainly in three Musketeers... and they showed it even against Chile.

Moukandjo, Bassogog, and Anguissa.

Lazyerudite:
I am not hyping Cameroon @supernerd I am just stating what I can see. The same way Goldfish mentioned, I have been observing them because I want us to go to the world cup. However we hardly get to watch d SE and when we did, they put up a poor outing. We saw Cameroon in the nation's cup and now in the confed cup. They are faster than you think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:
Does Echiechile still play for SE
Ummm. I don't even know how to answer this question sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Looooollllll...... Oga Icon4s... This is Echiejile naa.... you dey deny am? cheesy

Icon4s:

Ummm. I don't even know how to answer this question sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Looooollllll...... Oga Icon4s... This is Echiejile naa.... you dey deny am? cheesy

Such a question from someone that analyses football here?

I think that should go for post of the year on this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
very well said

TheSuperNerd:
Yes oooo.... we won't judge them entirely by it because we know in Africa, they know how to roar really loud when the chips are down but even at that... These performances at the Confed cup is a very good guide to how the Camerounians will set up against us come august and September. We must not ignore.

We are seeing their strengths and also their weaknesses.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha..... ehen.... I know that was probably why you found the question "somehow".... looollll

Icon4s:

Such a question from someone that analyses football here?

I think that should go for post of the year on this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
It is too obvious Sir Joebie... Etebo for the LW and Moses for the RW.... Chikena... These are the warriors that should do battle from the Wings for Nigeria and to provide good cover for our fullbacks.

and I hope say, ONAZI no go play that game,
I no want the one wey im go carry leg dey run up and down wia im no get business chikena
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahahaha..... ehen.... I know that was probably why you found the question "somehow".... looollll

Meaning he did not watch or follow our last game IE against SA? And he comes here to analyze Nigeria Vs Cameroon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
I don't too much place emphasis on the results of Cameroon. I expect them to be 10x better when we meet. These matches are not won by tactics, it is who wants it more and is willing to give more. Rohr must take advantage of his ex internationals, we need to re-orient these guys on what it means to play for Nigeria. I believe an element of history has been missing from the team as of late. Cameroon v Nigeria is Africa's el Clasico and Manchester derby put in one. In these types of matches records and form are thrown out of the window. The team that wants it more will win.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Well.... that will be up for debate.

Onazi's boundless energy and battle-hardened mentality will be needed against the Indomitable Lions.

It is too early to draw my preferred XI but I am beginning to have a good idea of the players that should start that game.

August 28 is still about 2months 6days away... So wanna be really deeply analytical about this.

do4luv14:

and I hope say, ONAZI no go play that game,
I no want the one wey im go carry leg dey run up and down wia im no get business chikena
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
Well said... I recall it was the same psychological approach Okocha and KANU used to psyche up the likes of Young Osaze, Young Utaka, Young Enyeama, and even Young Abbey George back then.

That 2004 Afcon quarter finals match. That was a game we were supposed to lose based on the hype the Camerounians came into the game with. Same thing is about playing out here...

The likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi and co need to be psyched up so bad that they take that game super personal.

But we must not ignore the tactical side too shaa... it can decide the tightest of games no matter how physical.

BascoVanVeli:
I don't too much
place emphasis on the results of Cameroon. I expect them to be 10x better when we meet. These matches are not won by tactics, it is who wants it more and is willing to give more. Rohr must take advantage of his ex internationals, we need to re-orient these guys on what it means to play for Nigeria. I believe an element of history has been missing from the team as of late. Cameroon v Nigeria is Africa's el Clasico and Manchester derby put in one. In these types of matches records and form are thrown out of the window. The team that wants it more will win.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Looooollll.... no vex Chief... have mercy on him... grin

It won't happen again. grin

Icon4s:

Meaning he did not watch or follow our last game IE against SA? And he comes here to analyze Nigeria Vs Cameroon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Looooollll.... no vex Chief... have mercy on him... grin

It won't happen again. grin

No I no vex I am just in shock.

I mean even if he didn't watch the SA game live at least he would watched the numerous replays and seen countless articles of how each player faired.

Little wonder he is focused more on the strength of the Cameroonian team. He doesn't know the Nigerian team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ouch! Oga Icon, that was cold!

And talking about Cameroun, it's silly to underrate them but it's also stupid to overrate them. I have watched all their matches since this year and they are NOT invincible. We can beat them at home and draw in Younde if we don't have injuries and our team play to their potential. Morocco, who aren't that good, nearly got a result against them in Younde (or wherever the match was played).

Bottom line, let's hope that the howlers against South Africa is gonna serve as a wake up call to our team.

O pari

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Chile already tearing apart this inexperienced German side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Moscow Clubs, Vitoria Guimaraes Mulling Over Bid For Four Million Euros Rated Kayode

Russian Premier League clubs based in the capital, an unnamed Italian team and Portuguese setup Vitoria Guimaraes are battling for the signature of last season's top scorer in the Austrian Bundesliga Olanrewaju Kayode, according to reports.

Austrian newspaper Kronen Zeitung says Lokomotiv Moscow, CSKA Moscow and Spartak Moscow are mulling over a bid for the Nigeria international and his agent is expected to travel to Russia in the coming days for negotiations.

Vitoria Guimaraes are in the market for a striker after losing Francisco Soares to Porto in the winter transfer market and have targeted Kayode.

The former Flying Eagles star has become a hot commodity on the transfer market after averaging 0.5 goals per game during the 2016-2017 season.

He will resume pre-season training with Austria Vienna on Monday, June 26.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23506
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
This is the game that really interests me.... Chile's First XI against Germany's 2022 squad.... loooollll

Wanna see how Youth of a top football nation copes against The world class Experience of Chile.

But mehn... Chile wan kill them ooo...

Only strike for Germany have been off-target from Draxler.

I expect Chile to win but won't be surprised if Germany's Youth pull a shock draw or win.

Icon4s:
Chile already tearing apart this inexperienced German side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
This is the game that really interests me.... Chile's First XI against Germany's 2022 squad.... loooollll

Wanna see how Youth of a top football nation copes against The world class Experience of Chile.

I expect Chile to win but won't be surprised if Germany's Youth pull a shock draw or win.

A good number of the German Olympic team players have been progressed to the senior team.

They have an already aged squad. They are building for the future.

Though they are shaky at the back they look promising while on the attack.

Even still the average age of this German team is above what we presented against SA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Joebie:

I concur
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

In all my years of football followership I have never seen Germany at the senior level being this humiliated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
And you think pointing out their strengths alone while pointing only to our weaknesses does justice to wholesome analysis?

We must talk about the strengths of both teams and also their weaknesses. That way we get to see the monsters we are up against and also the counter monsters we have to neutralize theirs.

And I repeat... their fullbacks looked faster like quicksilver today because they were up against a slow and Not so physically powerful Australian team.

The Super Pace of the Camerounian team is found mainly in three Musketeers... and they showed it even against Chile.

Moukandjo, Bassogog, and Anguissa.

you're right about the Australians...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
That is True..... The Germans have their eyes on the long term again.... and yes, that team we fielded against South Africa is younger than this German team at the confed cup.... and is possibly the youngest team that will start a competitive game in qualifying series or any competition at senior level in Africa.

Icon4s:

A good number of the German Olympic team players have been progressed to the senior team.

They have an already aged squad. They are building for the future.

Though they are shaky at the back they look promising while on the attack.

Even still the average age of this German team is above what we presented against SA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Welcome back Mikel. If only Sunday MBA was fit for call up, CMR go hearam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.