Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,590 members, 7,878,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12019732 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11911) (11912) (11913) (11914) (11915) (11916) (11917) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
Subzero047:

You make decisions with your head and carry it out on the ball, everything a player does is on the ball technique or not is from the head, now those who define technique define as the most simple of ball tasks regardless of grade I don't know why this is hard for you to understand

Which one is most simple task? Leave what they are defining and explain what you understand by technique.

It is grade.

We have people who are good with the ball but have poor decision making. That is good technique poor intelligence.

We have those that are terrible with the ball but very brilliant in their knowledge of the game.

Poor technique but high intelligence.

We have players that are exceptional with the ball and exceptional with their decision making.

High technique and high ibtell.

We have those that are poor with the ball and poor in decision making.

Poor technique poor intelligence.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Napoli should just forget about seria A

If they don’t take care they will also snatch top 4 from them just as last season

They just collected 3 points from AC millan for nothing

They are missing their Victor and koulibally but they are just so annoying

Victor has been fit for a week at least. He could have played the Milan game. I think they are using the injury to delay him awaiting positive news from AFCON (i.e AFCON postponed, deadline for registering players passed, etc).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
drDoom3:

Technique is how well you execute tasks with the ball. It could be anything from passing to shooting etc. irrespective of your strengths or position.

Technique is how you execute simple tasks, skill is how you execute difficult to ridiculous tasks, you would not find a rainbow flick under technique
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Subzero047:

Technique is how you execute simple tasks, skill is how you execute difficult to ridiculous tasks, you would not find a rainbow flick under technique

So you don't know simple trapping is a skill. You don't know a simple pass is a skill.

Technique and skill is the same thing.

The ability to pull off difficult tasks is due to high grade of skill or technique.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
drDoom3:

Victor has been fit for a week at least. He could have played the Milan game. I think they are using the injury to delay him awaiting positive news from AFCON (i.e AFCON postponed, deadline for registering players passed, etc).

Lol ,I don’t think he is fully fit sha ,but you might be right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is most simple task? Leave what they are defining and explain what you understand by technique.

It is grade.

We have people who are good with the ball but have poor decision making. That is good technique poor intelligence.

We have those that are terrible with the ball but very brilliant in their knowledge of the game.

Poor technique but high intelligence.

We have players that are exceptional with the ball and exceptional with their decision making.

High technique and high ibtell.

We have those that are poor with the ball and poor in decision making.

Poor technique poor intelligence.

Finito.

Leave grade we are still on the definition, technique is still on the basic tasks of football, we have differing levels of techniques from poor to outrageous but they are still based on the simple tasks of football, Pirlo has outrageous technique doesn't mean he dribbles everybody on the field it means he controls and passes the ball exceptionally well, Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
Subzero047:

Leave grade we are still on the definition, technique is still on the basic tasks of football, we have differing levels of techniques from poor to outrageous but they are still based on the simple tasks of football, Pirlo has outrageous technique doesn't mean he dribbles everybody on the field it means he controls and passes the ball exceptionally well, Finito.

There are different techniques. Passing, dribbling, crossing, trapping etc.

Pirlo can be good at passing technique but not exceptional in dribbling technique.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

There are different techniques. Passing, dribbling, crossing, trapping etc.

Pirlo can be good at passing technique but not exceptional in dribbling technique.

Mtweew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
Subzero047:

Mtweew

So what is technique?

What you can do with the ball like dribbling, shooting, crossing, passing, etc.

Players have different levels of techniques in different techniques.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Napoli should just forget about seria A

If they don’t take care they will also snatch top 4 from them just as last season

They just collected 3 points from AC millan for nothing

They are missing their Victor and koulibally but they are just so annoying

Greed is killing them...they want to keep Victor and Koulably... Victor is fit to play this match or at least get some minutes but they want to delay his introduction with the intention that he will be overlooked by Nigeria FA that he is not fully fit and recover yet for active football when the afcon final list is released.

Very cunning club

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:32am On Dec 23, 2021
If highlights is enough, Ndidi have no business doing CB job o. grin

Back foot things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:50am On Dec 23, 2021
Osimhen Should not be allowed to play at the AFCON

It will spell disaster for us and end his young career. His injuries are still severe and haven't quite healed

He should be patient. There is always another 2 years

I don talk my own ooo

I know some people will come for my head

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 1:43am On Dec 23, 2021
darkelf:

It will spell disaster for us and end his young career. His injuries are still severe and haven't quite healed

I don talk my own ooo

is like you are his personal doctor. Tell us more

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:11am On Dec 23, 2021
darkelf:

I don talk my own ooo

I hope he is not rushing it. He needs to fully heal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

That is just one small aspect. I have my own term of technique.

Technique is what you can do with the ball. Is as simple as that. From passing to tricks. Is all technique.

Dribbling skills is technique too.

Thank you Sir.

I can't thank you enough.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:06am On Dec 23, 2021
darkelf:

I don talk my own ooo

I totally agree with you.
His doctors have not declared him fit and so he should be allowed to rest.
He is just saying so because of the aggressive and determined personality he has.
It is Rohr that was making Osimhen look soo indispensable.
He never integrated Awoniyi, dessers, Sadiq Umar etc into the team.
He kept using Onuachu, Musa, etc and made himself to beleif there is no alternative to Osimhen.
Osimhen should relax. the world is not going to end if he does not show up at Afcon.
If i was Eguavon i will replace him with somebody else immediately.
I wont even ask about any health.
He will be useful during our world cup qualifiers

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:17am On Dec 23, 2021
Oshimen is fit and ready! He got injured on his face not leg! I don't see why he should miss AFCON. I heard the list will be out today or tomorrow GMT+1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:23am On Dec 23, 2021
Oshimen needs to watch players like Benzema, Lewandowski and Kane to learn shooting techniques. For me, Aribo is our most technical player. Shooting, ball control, touches, body movements etc. However, I think he needs to improve on his passing!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2021
humility33:

Greed is killing them...they want to keep Victor and Koulably... Victor is fit to play this match or at least get some minutes but they want to delay his introduction with the intention that he will be overlooked by Nigeria FA that he is not fully fit and recover yet for active football when the afcon final list is released.

Very cunning club
Oga humility we need to calm down on Victor fitness and I thought you should know better as a football enthusiastic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:58am On Dec 23, 2021
Kog45:
Oga humility we need to calm down on Victor fitness and I thought you should know better as a football enthusiastic.
Trust Napoli at your own risk egbon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:12am On Dec 23, 2021
Osimehn has come out to declare himself fit and ready for afcon I don't see any reason for not taking him thier and he won't just come on social media saying he his ready without him getting a good percentage of assurance from his doctor's he his not 100% yet but has a good percentage to make it on the field by the time afcon kicks off wink and thanks to Napoli for resting him well for us if dey think dey are using delay tactics to keep him sorry is their name because osigoal already sees himself as an afcon golden boot winner and the standing 9 going to afcon and Napoli won't stop that dream wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2021
daveP:
If highlights is enough, Ndidi have no business doing CB job o. grin

Back foot things.

Ndidi was monstrous the whole match, just a lack of concentration in the final minutes overall he was still man of the match for Leicester
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:18am On Dec 23, 2021
humility33:

Trust Napoli at your own risk egbon
Humility baba,why did you say so....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:24am On Dec 23, 2021
What Osimhen went through was a face injury not even a head injury, The guy should have been ready even before now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 7:28am On Dec 23, 2021
Peseiro has decided to put his negotiations with NFF on hold to discuss with Rohr first on the salary wahala he encountered with NFF.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2021
Subzero047:

Ndidi was monstrous the whole match, just a lack of concentration in the final minutes overall he was still man of the match for Leicester
Ndidi needs to leave Leicester

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:10am On Dec 23, 2021
I read that earlier. If true, GOOD NEWS. I don't even want a coach that is okay with being owed.

solonnachi:
Peseiro has decided to put his negotiations with NFF on hold to discuss with Rohr first on the salary wahala he encountered with NFF.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:13am On Dec 23, 2021
We need a hungry coach that knows what success is at least. Not one just hungry but without a track record (Give that one better bitter leaf soup and eba and send him back to his country).

We can do better than this. Na inferiority complex dey worry us?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2021
That Pinnick guy need better flogging.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:18am On Dec 23, 2021
Any coach that is okay with being owed is a bad sign. Whether indigenous or foreign.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I believe the birds today fly better than the past but the defending is too good for you to notice it. How many wingers of the past are better than Hazard in taking on players. Watch the swarm of players around Hazard then. Today, it is even fiercer.

I disagree with players not being good at dribbling. There are loads today. Watch Joao Felix, watch Veratti. Watch Salah. These guys are crazy. However, it is wrong to dribble in tight spaces. You are losing the ball. Counter attacks are insane today. You just don't take thiat risk. It is suicidal.

Bring Ronaldinho today and he can not try it. Have you seen tricks from Vinicius? They are brilliant but you must limit it and abide by tactics to succeed.

go to yo:utube..

In search bar type the words denilson skills..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2021
Danielnino00 look what Jordan Nwora did to somebody's child ooo grin starts at 58 seconds

BTW this has really been his breakout season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sn4nEOnKOk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11911) (11912) (11913) (11914) (11915) (11916) (11917) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.