Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,165 members, 7,919,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 01:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12239167 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13133) (13134) (13135) (13136) (13137) (13138) (13139) ... (16514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

He had the most glittering generation of La Masian stars at his disposal, and definitely they did have a major role to play on his success.. Apart from shifting Messi in the center, he has not showed any tactical nous..

Rijkaard was the person who had formed the football philosophy..

Rijkaard was sacked because of how poor the team was. Just get it. Sacked for being too poor. Guardiola took that team and made them the best team in the history of football.

Just do the maths. That is beyond belief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

They aren’t in a mess .
same way I don't believe they where a mess when blue font labeled them a mess I just want make you confirm first before we kuku tag Dem messy wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:27am On May 07, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
same way I don't believe they where a mess when blue font labeled them a mess I just want make you confirm first before we kuku tag Dem messy wink

cheesy cheesy

Mess team wey come second and third before pep season .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

Mess team wey come second and third before pep season .
baba me self reason am say how can a messy team finish third yes guardiola did well at Barcelona but say he took them from being a mess I know fit accept that one na why I say make you confirm first grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:50am On May 07, 2022
Karlovych:
The SE have a friendly match against Mexico in 3 weeks and the clowns at NFF are yet to appoint a coach, I don't know why some of the leaders in many sectors of the country are so useless.
As I'm looking at this thing, na Dem salisu and finidi go coach us this year cos these people don't seem serious about this thing at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
I wasn’t brought to Manchester City to win Champions League, says Guardiola

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City have already achieved their aims by being contenders in every competition, insisting he was not brought to the Etihad Stadium to win the UEFA Champions League.

Manchester City’s wait for European football’s top club prize will go on after they lost 6-5 on aggregate to Real Madrid on Wednesday following an incredible semi-final collapse.

But in a lengthy response to a question about his players’ chances of ever winning the competition ahead of Sunday’s Premier League game against Newcastle United, Guardiola had much to say.

He explained how the club view success differently from “the people” on the outside.

“I don’t know [if this team can win it],” he said. “It’s a question I cannot answer. Before Madrid, I did not know if we were able to win it.

“I don’t have an answer to all your questions. Football is incredibly unpredictable –— we saw it.

“This is my feeling, maybe I’m wrong: Abu Dhabi didn’t buy this club and invest in these incredible facilities, invest in players, like a lot of other clubs in the world, to be what we lived the last years.

“It’s not to win just the UEFA Champions League. They did it to be there in all competitions, in every season, compete, compete, compete until the end.

“We will try again next season. It will be difficult because the teams are good. I know the people want to be in that way, I accept it from day one, I have to handle it, but it’s not a problem for me.”

Guardiola insisted he “cannot live” for European glory alone –— and suggested Manchester City would be criticised even if they did win the UEFA Champions League.

Asked if the defeat gave him added hunger, he replied: “No, always I am starving.

“I know the people outside here demand Champions League, Champions League, Champions League, we know it, but I cannot live [just for that].

“The moment we win the Champions League, they’ll say look at the money we spent. If not, they spent all that money and didn’t win the Champions League. We are the only club in the world in the last 10, 15, 20 years who spent money.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/i-wasnt-brought-to-manchester-city-to-win-champions-league-says-guardiola/

He needs to stop the cap. So Man City wasn't competing in every competition before he got there

Man City ruined Pellegrini's final season for Pep to come and put them in the exact position.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:01am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Has any team even win 18 games in a roll ,even Bayern no do am for bundesliga grin

Thank GOD you are attesting to the fact that Bayern, where your Apariola ran to and ran out like an onigbese that sighted his creditors , is competing in a one way street league. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:04am On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Rijkaard was sacked because of how poor the team was. Just get it. Sacked for being too poor. Guardiola took that team and made them the best team in the history of football.

Just do the maths. That is beyond belief.

C'mon bro. Rijkaard rejuvenated the team. Rijkard was just too good, and he couldn’t handle the atmosphere in the dressing room and perhaps trusted some players too much. All combined led to his dismissal...

The Dutchman did so much for Barca in a period when the team was living the worst part of it's history (remember the 15th place in December 2002!)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:11am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

As usual trying to run away after I exposed him

Barca was built with what ?

Busquets pique Pedro Thiago alcantara Keita mascherano all cost 1 billion together

Wetin I talk about mourinho na lie abi Na true cheesy

Trust me Andy, even if you are made the coach of Barca that had prime Messi, xavi, iniesta , and busquet , you go win titles tire.

Barcelona could have played even without a manager and win what they won during Apariola's era..

Puyol who was one of the best defenders in my opinion, could have directed them on the pitch that's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:12am On May 07, 2022
komekn:

Players don't pick teams the team picks you .

Arsenal are looking at a plethora of top striker's and so this a a bit premature as well as he is way over priced in my opinion £100 million.

Italian Mafia at work with his transfer fee.
So if you enter market to shop... it's the seller that will pick you, not you picking the seller whom you love his wares?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
baba me self reason am say how can a messy team finish third yes guardiola did well at Barcelona but say he took them from being a mess I know fit accept that one na why I say make you confirm first grin grin cheesy
comrade, I see what you did there. See as you turn two fans against each other grin grin grin

Use this hold body Comrade...you too Sabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:22am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Thank GOD you are attesting to the fact that Bayern, where your Apariola ran to and ran out like an onigbese that sighted his creditors , is competing in a one way street league. grin

Meaning Bayern was far ahead of other bundesliga team and couldn’t do that ,but epl where they have strong competition he easily did that ,what should that tell you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:24am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Trust me Andy, even if you are made the coach of Barca that had prime Messi, xavi, iniesta , and busquet , you go win titles tire.

Barcelona could have played even without a manager and win what they won during Apariola's era..

Puyol who was one of the best defenders in my opinion, could have directed them on the pitch that's all.

How come they didn’t win the so called titles 2 years before guardiola arrived grin

Same busquets that pep promoted from Barca b grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:26am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Meaning Bayern was far ahead of other bundesliga team and couldn’t do that ,but epl where they have strong competition he easily did that ,what should that tell you grin

Tells me he's a local champ. grin.

Bayern had been proving themselves in the big stage before Apariola went there. They were defending champs and he made them look silly in the UCL before fleeing like a cursed witch. cheesy

Thank God bayern are still proving to Apariola he's a mistake.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:26am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

How come they didn’t win the so called titles 2 years before guardiola arrived grin

Same busquets that pep promoted from Barca b grin

Didn't rijkaard win titles with Barca? Didn't he win UCL? Rest biko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2022
mostob:
comrade, I see what you did there. See as you turn two fans against each other grin grin grin

Use this hold body Comrade...you too Sabi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2022
[quote author=TFLASHOGEE post=112601781][/quote] grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

C'mon bro. Rijkaard rejuvenated the team. Rijkard was just too good, and he couldn’t handle the atmosphere in the dressing room and perhaps trusted some players too much. All combined led to his dismissal...

The Dutchman did so much for Barca in a period when the team was living the worst part of it's history (remember the 15th place in December 2002!)

Sacked for performing poorly. The team was in shambles before Guardiola. Do not worry, I am not telling you something I read. I followed the team passionately and watched almost all games that time. It was a disaster.

Guardiola rejuvenated a disaster.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

He needs to stop the cap. So Man City wasn't competing in every competition before he got there

Man City ruined Pellegrini's final season for Pep to come and put them in the exact position.

You are talking ruined. We were not competing at the same level. We have won the league 3 times in four seasons. Won four domestic titles in one season. Got to the Champions League final in that period. We narrowly lost the final this season. Still on top the EPL table with Liverpool in fantastic form.

No English club has been this dominant ever. Let alone Pelegrini.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:59am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Bayern had been proving themselves in the big stage before Apariola went there. They were defending champs and he made them look silly in the UCL before fleeing like a cursed witch. cheesy

What about your special one being sacked from one place to another grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Didn't rijkaard win titles with Barca? Didn't he win UCL? Rest biko.

After that, the team was a disaster.

Guardiola had to drop, Ronaldinho, Deco, Zambrotta, Giovanni Dos Santos, Thuram, Edmilson, Oleguer, and Ezquerro.

Even Rafael Marquez that was a big part of Rijkaard's Champions League winning team was not part of Guardiola's team.

It is people who only watch Premier League team that think Barcelona was flying high before Guardiola took over.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:10am On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Sacked for performing poorly. The team was in shambles before Guardiola. Do not worry, I am not telling you something I read. I followed the team passionately and watched almost all games that time. It was a disaster.

Guardiola rejuvenated a disaster.

Guardiola reaped the benefits of Rijkaard's reign.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Still, Guardiola went to a team at Bayern and scattered many of their records there. The man is amazing, whether you try to yab or not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Two trophyless seasons benefits.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:19am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What about your special one being sacked from one place to another grin

Tell me a manager who has won the Europa one season, UCL the next, with a passionate but not great Porto team, and would win the first EPL title for the shekpites after 40 years in the wilderness, twice in 3 years.

Then he'd go to Italy and win the Scudetto as well as be crowned Champions of Europe. Then the same man would go to Spain, and lead Real Madrid to its first La Liga title in 4 years with over a 100 points.

Once he did that, he'd come back to Shekpe and win them another EPL title.

That's the genius, Jose Mario dos Santos Mourinho Felix. The special One.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:26am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

You are just a clown and a very confused one

Same guardiola that discarded rijkaard most important players ,but he benefited from rijkaard reign ,lol

Who have he balls to kicked out Ronaldinho deco edmilson zambrotta Samuel eto who are all important players but you think he benefited from rijkaard,I am sure many of you would have said Barca was finished then when Ronaldinho left

There was a time at Barca where deco was even more important to the midfield than xavi

I am sure you know all these but agenda must agend grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:28am On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Still, Guardiola went to a team at Bayern and scattered many of their records there. The man is amazing, whether you try to yab or not.

He scattered but he was still a local champ there. Guardiola was brought to Bayern to win the Champions League again after Jupp heynckes did the treble..

Breaking records domestically/ winning the league in March meant nothing to the Bavarians. They have been doing it repeatedly since the time of Gerd muller, Beckenbauer , Matthaus, Rummenigge , Stefan Effenberg...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:30am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Tell me a manager who has won the Europa one season, UCL the next, with a passionate but not great Porto team, and would win the first EPL title for the shekpites after 40 years in the wilderness, twice in 3 years.

Then he'd go to Italy and win the Scudetto as well as be crowned Champions of Europe. Then the same man would go to Spain, and lead Real Madrid to its first La Liga title in 4 years with over a 100 points.

Once he did that, he'd come back to Shekpe and win them another EPL title.

That's the genius, Jose Mario dos Santos Mourinho Felix. The special One.

Not all managers are customers to Europa league so we can’t relate ,now your special fraud is now fighting for conference league ,how the mighty has fallen ,conference league is just the league one of European football

Unai emery remains the goat of Europa league grin

Did your fraud dominated in Spain or not ? He got beaten Severally and could not deliver the champions league with Ronaldo and was bundled out like a Salah RAM

Ndi conference league

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:34am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are just a clown and a very confused one

Same guardiola that discarded rijkaard most important players ,but he benefited from rijkaard reign ,lol

Who have he balls to kicked out Ronaldinho deco edmilson zambrotta Samuel eto who are all important players but you think he benefited from rijkaard,I am sure many of you would have said Barca was finished then when Ronaldinho left

There was a time at Barca where deco was even more important to the midfield than xavi

I am sure you know all these but agenda must agend grin

Apariola wanted an upgrade of Eto and he thought Zlatan Ibrahimovic will improve Barka.

One of Apariola’s many financial mistakes. grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:35am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Not all managers are customers to Europa league so we can’t relate ,now your special fraud is now fighting for conference league ,how the mighty has fallen ,conference league is just the league one of European football

Unai emery remains the goat of Europa league grin

Did your fraud dominated in Spain or not ? He got beaten Severally and could not deliver the champions league with Ronaldo and was bundled out like a Salah RAM

Ndi conference league

Not all managers are local champions despite spending 1billion pounds. grin grin

With the way he's going, Sheikh might arrest him for fraud. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:42am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Not all managers are local champions despite spending 1billion pounds. grin grin

With the way he's going, Sheikh might arrest him for fraud. grin

Baba olowo and Perez go first arrest mourinho

(1) (2) (3) ... (13133) (13134) (13135) (13136) (13137) (13138) (13139) ... (16514) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m), fluteman, damagnificentusb(m), jihday(m), Ikanium(m), Dsimmer and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.