Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,371 members, 7,978,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12600584 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13135) (13136) (13137) (13138) (13139) (13140) (13141) ... (16823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:53pm On May 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Story for the gods. Pellegrini won the league title the season before and by new years he was tied at the top of the log. U sack him because u wanted the Champions League trophy, where is it Pep's hiring helped Man City's brand but anyone who thinks any of the other top coaches can't make a world beater out of millions of oil money is sadly mistaken.

Get your facts right, Pellegrini was not sacked

He left at the end of his contract .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
Is Onyeka injured? Hasn't been listed for a while for Brentford. Also Ekong has been sidelined by Hodgson, anyway they are heading to the championship anyway. Starting another controversial topic, is Gerrard biased against african players? Case in point is Bernard Traore, d guy ni dey see match play since Gerrard took over, na question I start o and yes I am playing the victim card I know.
Aribo proves you wrong about Gerrard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On May 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
Is Onyeka injured? Hasn't been listed for a while for Brentford. Also Ekong has been sidelined by Hodgson, anyway they are heading to the championship anyway. Starting another controversial topic, is Gerrard biased against african players? Case in point is Bernard Traore, d guy ni dey see match play since Gerrard took over, na question I start o and yes I am playing the victim card I know.

Gerard is not biased

Coutinho signing also pushed him behind in the pecking order
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2022
The way Osimhen rolls on the floor as though he has been shot, then recovers 7 seconds later needs to be studied.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:14pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What is stopping top coaches from winning the champions league with psg with the money spent there ?

What is stopping top coaches from winning trophies for man united despite all they have be spending for the past few years since money equal to trophies

Pep has not been lucky when it comes to the champions league, we all saw what happened at Madrid

I said any top coach can turn oil money into a world beater. PSG compete for every single trophy each season. Just like Newcastle will compete for every single trophy in years to come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:15pm On May 07, 2022
Union Berlin are really pushing for a champions league place

Awoniyi assisted their 3rd goal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:17pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Get your facts right, Pellegrini was not sacked

He left at the end of his contract .

They announced a new coach in the middle of the season, they might as well have sacked him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2022
Osimhen! What a play! Penalty.

Insigne saved!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:21pm On May 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

They announced a new coach in the middle of the season, they might as well have sacked him.

Lol , e different from sack sha

They didn’t offer him a new contact before they announced the new coach ,his team was a little poor that season as they only made 4th place with goal difference while tied on same point with 5th place Man U
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:22pm On May 07, 2022
If I see anymore Osimhen is not technical bullshit I fit swear for you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yemyke001(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Insigne saved!

Osimhen is good. No cap

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Lol , e different from sack sha

They didn’t offer him a new contact before they announced the new coach ,his team was a little poor that season as they only made 4th place with goal difference while tied on same point with 5th place Man U
Guardiola ended 4th in his first season too sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:24pm On May 07, 2022
jihday:
Guardiola ended 4th in his first season too sha

Yes ,with players inherited from pellegrini.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:25pm On May 07, 2022
Insigne will see a free man but prefer to do the hard thing

Spits

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:25pm On May 07, 2022
Insigne ,smh

No wonder he won’t play for a top club

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:26pm On May 07, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Insigne saved!

Insigne again. Play with your team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:26pm On May 07, 2022
Odunayaw:
Insigne will see a free man but prefer to do the hard thing

Spits

You self see am ?

Not that the place is tight pass for that guy

Insigne is wicked and not just selfish

Even Ronaldo and mbappe wey like goal go pass that ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Yes ,with players inherited from pellegrini.
just checked it was actually 3rd, but he struggled badly that season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You self see am ?

if they loose today he should be held responsible

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You self see am ?

I'm glad the guy is leaving

Haba. I'm glad it wasn't Osimhen that was free. People would have thought we're defending our boy

Insigne has ego problems. They will massage it well for him in the US

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:30pm On May 07, 2022
jihday:
just checked it was actually 3rd, but he struggled badly that season

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2022
A captain here chose to shoot instead of pass.

And then the coach takes of Lozano and Mertens.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2022
There is a certain Tim Iroegbunam on the bench for Aston villa alongside Carney Chukuemeka. He's a DM, CM. He's just 18. One for the future

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:32pm On May 07, 2022
Odunayaw:
I'm glad the guy is leaving

Haba. I'm glad it wasn't Osimhen that was free. People would have thought we're defending our boy

Insigne has ego problems. They will massage it well for him in the US

Lol ,this one just too open ,I have defended insigne here severally for not passing to osimhen but this one Na confirm open space

I once admired his playing style ,but Na just vibes insha allah with that his trade mark shot grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:35pm On May 07, 2022
Napoli 1-0 Fabian Ruiz.

Osimhen is a beast man.

Insigne subbed off.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:37pm On May 07, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Napoli 1-0 Fabian Ruiz.

I hope u saw the run Osimehn made that took 2 defenders with him right before the goal.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I hope u saw the run Osimehn made that took 2 defenders with him right before the goal.

Yes, I did. He does that every attack. Nothing new.

That is not a striker's movement, that is common among every footballer in the world:
Two players cannot run in the same direction.

Osimhen has been unplayable today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:48pm On May 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
Onyeka has been injured since Ghana. He just returned to training yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Story for the gods. Pellegrini won the league title the season before and by new years he was tied at the top of the log. U sack him because u wanted the Champions League trophy, where is it Pep's hiring helped Man City's brand but anyone who thinks any of the other top coaches can't make a world beater out of millions of oil money is sadly mistaken.

The way you posted, people will feel you sat down to negotiate the hiring of Pellegrini and Pep.

Manchester City management decided to change our branding. They wanted us to embrace the Barcelona model which in the long run will keep us as one of the top clubs in football.

We took their former Executive Chief, Ferran Soriano and their Technical Director, Txiki Bergiristain.

In the course of achieving their aim, they had only one target. Guardiola. However, he had a contract with Bayern Munich.

So they decided to higher Pellegrini with the knowledge that as soon as Guardiola is ready to leave Bayern, Pellegrini will handover.

When Guardiola was ready they informed Pellegrini and at the end of the season he left for Guardiola.

Now look at how funny your tale is of sacking Pellegrini because they wanted Champions league.

Please stick to what you know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:55pm On May 07, 2022
Osimhen very likely MOTM.

Every attack went through him, unfortunate not to score.

Rise up, son.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:59pm On May 07, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Shocked at the amount of clubs sleeping on Richarlison.
Richarlison is like Iwobi. They can play like world class but consistency is a problem. Richarlison is more consistent though.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:28pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

The way you posted, people will feel you sat down to negotiate the hiring of Pellegrini and Pep.

Manchester City management decided to change our branding. They wanted us to embrace the Barcelona model which in the long run will keep us as one of the top clubs in football.

We took their former Executive Chief, Ferran Soriano and their Technical Director, Txiki Bergiristain.

In the course of achieving their aim, they had only one target. Guardiola. However, he had a contract with Bayern Munich.

So they decided to higher Pellegrini with the knowledge that as soon as Guardiola is ready to leave Bayern, Pellegrini will handover.

When Guardiola was ready they informed Pellegrini and at the end of the season he left for Guardiola.

Now look at how funny your tale is of sacking Pellegrini because they wanted Champions league.

Please stick to what you know.

U need to stick to debating points instead of using recycled jokes.

U ask me if I was there for negotiation then proceed to give a story that only a fly in the room could corroborate.

Man City hired Ferran Soriano and Txiki Bergiristain because Mancini fell out with the last director. It didn't have a freaking thing to do with branding or anything else. Of course when they get there they will want to recreate what got them successful at their last gig, that's common sense.

Pellegrini was clearly upset when he found out and he spoke against the way it was done. That is a clear indication that he was blindsided. They jumped on Guardiola because they were scared Man U would get him. They threw away at least 2 seasons and still didn't get what they were looking for wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (13135) (13136) (13137) (13138) (13139) (13140) (13141) ... (16823) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: foxman04, Hotepking, minfelix(m), Goke7 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.