Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,269 members, 7,950,419 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12437303 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13134) (13135) (13136) (13137) (13138) (13139) (13140) ... (16679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:43am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Apariola wanted an upgrade of Eto and he thought Zlatan Ibrahimovic will improve Barka.

One of Apariola’s many financial mistakes. grin cheesy

Guardiola is a racist for allowing eto go ,but he is not a racist for allowing Ronaldinho and deco go cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:44am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Baba olowo and Perez go first arrest mourinho

Baba Perez, the slayer of Barkadots wan arrest Mourinho yet he want am back?

Do you think with your anus, you son of Apariola.. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:48am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Baba Perez, the slayer of Barkadots wan arrest Mourinho yet he want am back?

Do you think with your anus, you son of Apariola.. cheesy grin

Keep spreading fake news

Same mourinho that was bundled and disgraced out of Madrid cheesy grin

Conference league coach , a coach that could not deliver champions league with Ronaldo grin

Oya Choke with the below tongue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

He scattered but he was still a local champ there. Guardiola was brought to Bayern to win the Champions League again after Jupp heynckes did the treble..

Breaking records domestically/ winning the league in March meant nothing to the Bavarians. They have been doing it repeatedly since the time of Gerd muller, Beckenbauer , Matthaus, Rummenigge , Stefan Effenberg...

Not the same. Guardiola broke all their records. When it concerns the league, he is the greatest manager in the history of Bayern Munich. Think of that for a second. He broke all their records in a club with a history like Bayern Munich.

Only Guardiola pulled that off.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:50am On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Guardiola is a racist for allowing eto go ,but he is not a racist for allowing Ronaldinho and deco go cheesy cheesy

Only worked with 6 African players all his managerial career. Six!!! Half of the six do not even want to hear his name ever mentioned...

That speaks a lot, Son of Apariola. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2022
lelion:
WAFU Zoné B begins today in Niamey.

Guys, lower your expectations on the Flying Eagles based on what l have been seeing here.
we kuku know, the coach is a terribly poor coach. Even the top teams in Nigeria won’t hire him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:53am On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Only worked with 6 African players all his managerial career. Six!!! Half of the six do not even want to hear his name ever mentioned...

That speaks a lot, Son of Apariola. grin cheesy

African man mentality ,as he worked with only 6 African players he if officially a racist grin

Oya how many African players worked with Ferguson ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:56am On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Rijkaard was sacked because of how poor the team was. Just get it. Sacked for being too poor. Guardiola took that team and made them the best team in the history of football.

Just do the maths. That is beyond belief.
too poor ke? A team that made UCL semifinal and loosing narrowly to eventual winner by a single goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:04pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Keep spreading fake news

Same mourinho that was bundled and disgraced out of Madrid cheesy grin

Conference league coach , a coach that could not deliver champions league with Ronaldo grin

Oya Choke with the below tongue

So you are bringing a daily mail news and in your warped mind it's not fake? grin

Everyone knows Papa Perez is eccentric just like wicked Wike. You think it was only mou and CR7 h criticized?

Do you know the number of times RM tried bringing Mourinho back to the club? grin

Choke on the below, Son of Apariola... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:05pm On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

So you are bringing a daily mail news and in your warped mind it's not fake? grin

Everyone knows Papa Perez is eccentric just like wicked Wike. You think it was only mou and CR7 h criticized?

Do you know the number of times RM tried bringing Mourinho back to the club? grin

Choke on the below, Son of Apariola... cheesy

Mine is fake and yours is fake ,GBAM

Most important thing is Madrid never wanted mourinho ,agree ? If you do then mine is fake

E choke ,you never see anything cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:06pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

African man mentality ,as he worked with only 6 African players he if officially a racist grin

Oya how many African players worked with Ferguson ?

What's my business with Ferguson? Is he a Barkadot? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 12:06pm On May 07, 2022
It seems the NFF are considering either Mourinho or Guardiola for the Eagles job�.

Keep the banters going comrades.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:06pm On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

What's my business with Ferguson? Is he a Barkadot? cheesy

But he is an icon to your club

You said pep is racist because of no much african players ,now I am asking you about Ferguson grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:07pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Mine is fake and yours is fake ,GBAM

Most important thing is Madrid never wanted mourinho ,agree ? If you do then mine is fake

E choke ,you never see anything cheesy cheesy

Yours isn't fake.. Perez made those comments.. Na who them catch be thief.

If only we fit get hold of Wetin Sheikh don talk behind and in front of Apariola. You go hide. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:09pm On May 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

But he is an icon to your club

You said pep is racist because of no much african players ,now I am asking you about Ferguson grin

Is Apariola a racist?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
It's unfortunate that Nigerians don't even know where to channel blame. If you hear the budget of the sports ministry you'll be shocked.

Check their role, number 1 there is grassroots sports development. However, the only thing they're good at is forcing useless coaches on Pinnick.

can you beat that, and most of us here are dropping the grassroots development at Nff feet, especially that our blue font prof
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:22pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

All those one is story. Mourinho could not use De Bruyne and could not see his quality. If De Bruyne was with Guardiola then, he will do wonders with him, just as he is doing with Foden.

what a selective narrative, so you where is Mars when de-bruyne himself, spoke of his time and what happened at Chelsea,

you don't see where he said Jose hand was tied playing him, due to his small wages, compare to others

no need dragging this with you, seems your precious Pep kissing the UCL bye in the semis got to you more than it did him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:24pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
I wasn’t brought to Manchester City to win Champions League, says Guardiola

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City have already achieved their aims by being contenders in every competition, insisting he was not brought to the Etihad Stadium to win the UEFA Champions League.

Manchester City’s wait for European football’s top club prize will go on after they lost 6-5 on aggregate to Real Madrid on Wednesday following an incredible semi-final collapse.

But in a lengthy response to a question about his players’ chances of ever winning the competition ahead of Sunday’s Premier League game against Newcastle United, Guardiola had much to say.

He explained how the club view success differently from “the people” on the outside.

“I don’t know [if this team can win it],” he said. “It’s a question I cannot answer. Before Madrid, I did not know if we were able to win it.

“I don’t have an answer to all your questions. Football is incredibly unpredictable –— we saw it.

“This is my feeling, maybe I’m wrong: Abu Dhabi didn’t buy this club and invest in these incredible facilities, invest in players, like a lot of other clubs in the world, to be what we lived the last years.

“It’s not to win just the UEFA Champions League. They did it to be there in all competitions, in every season, compete, compete, compete until the end.

“We will try again next season. It will be difficult because the teams are good. I know the people want to be in that way, I accept it from day one, I have to handle it, but it’s not a problem for me.”

Guardiola insisted he “cannot live” for European glory alone –— and suggested Manchester City would be criticised even if they did win the UEFA Champions League.

Asked if the defeat gave him added hunger, he replied: “No, always I am starving.

“I know the people outside here demand Champions League, Champions League, Champions League, we know it, but I cannot live [just for that].

“The moment we win the Champions League, they’ll say look at the money we spent. If not, they spent all that money and didn’t win the Champions League. We are the only club in the world in the last 10, 15, 20 years who spent money.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/i-wasnt-brought-to-manchester-city-to-win-champions-league-says-guardiola/

what a face saving attempt, very funny, that's how I find it, so he was brought to make them local champions while spending recklessly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Werner has registered eight assists for Chelsea in the league this season (11 in all comps), with Kane (13) and Jamie Vardy (9) the only strikers to have contributed more in the top flight.

The German is crucial if Tuchel is looking to play on the counter attack, completing 10 total fast breaks for Chelsea - only Kane (13) has more in the top flight. Meanwhile, team-mates Mount and Kai Havertz (2) are some distance behind Werner, completing very few breaks this season in comparison.

The 25-year-old has engineered nine big chances in the league (13 in all competitions). The only attackers to better that record in the top flight are Kane (14), Son Heung-min (14), Salah (11) and Sadio Mane (11).

Werner has also become a potent weapon in winning penalties for Chelsea. The Blues have been handed a total of five spot kicks for infringements on the German in the league this season. No Premier League player has won more penalties, while Kane and Salah have been given just two apiece.

FROM DAILYMAIL

You need to stop watching football one-dimensionally. Coaches do not watch football this way.

fake news

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:27pm On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Is Apariola a racist?

What is Ferguson ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:27pm On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Yours isn't fake.. Perez made those comments.. Na who them catch be thief.

If only we fit get hold of Wetin Sheikh don talk behind and in front of Apariola. You go hide. grin

Nothing sheikh fit talk cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2022
do4luv14:

fake news

I guess you do not know what dailymail is. If you did, you will not say fake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54pm On May 07, 2022
do4luv14:

what a face saving attempt, very funny, that's how I find it, so he was brought to make them local champions while spending recklessly

That is why Manchester United has won the Champions League back to back and are about to make it a third time this season. Abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2022
do4luv14:

what a selective narrative, so you where is Mars when de-bruyne himself, spoke of his time and what happened at Chelsea,

you don't see where he said Jose hand was tied playing him, due to his small wages, compare to others

no need dragging this with you, seems your precious Pep kissing the UCL bye in the semis got to you more than it did him

Jose's hands were not tied. More like his eye's were blocked. Lukaku, De Bruyne, Mata, David Luiz and Salah. I prefer to blame Juju. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2022
jihday:
too poor ke? A team that made UCL semifinal and loosing narrowly to eventual winner by a single goal

But you guys are calling Guardiola poor for narrowly losing the Champions League Semi Final and losing the Champions League by a lone goal. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I guess you do not know what dailymail is. If you did, you will not say fake.

Are you asking me don't your comrade in arms said any news from them fake News, or doesn't he knew them again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2022
do4luv14:

Are you asking me don't your comrade in arms said any news from them fake News, or doesn't he knew them again

I am talking you are talking comrade. Abi is my name comrade?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:19pm On May 07, 2022
Joezinho:
“My philosophy will never change. My center backs can come from anywhere. Midfielders also.But my main Striker should be of African Origin, that is my lucky charm to win titles..

This is why I pushed for young Tammy Abraham to come join me.”

-- Jose Mourinho, 2021

Hahaha was that why he brought Seyi Emmanuel Adebayor at some point to Madrid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:38pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
I am talking you are talking comrade. Abi is my name comrade?

wonderfulit is well ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:08pm On May 07, 2022
Is Onyeka injured? Hasn't been listed for a while for Brentford. Also Ekong has been sidelined by Hodgson, anyway they are heading to the championship anyway. Starting another controversial topic, is Gerrard biased against african players? Case in point is Bernard Traore, d guy ni dey see match play since Gerrard took over, na question I start o and yes I am playing the victim card I know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:10pm On May 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are talking ruined. We were not competing at the same level. We have won the league 3 times in four seasons. Won four domestic titles in one season. Got to the Champions League final in that period. We narrowly lost the final this season. Still on top the EPL table with Liverpool in fantastic form.

No English club has been this dominant ever. Let alone Pelegrini.

Finito.

Story for the gods. Pellegrini won the league title the season before and by new years he was tied at the top of the log. U sack him because u wanted the Champions League trophy, where is it Pep's hiring helped Man City's brand but anyone who thinks any of the other top coaches can't make a world beater out of millions of oil money is sadly mistaken.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:51pm On May 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Story for the gods. Pellegrini won the league title the season before and by new years he was tied at the top of the log. U sack him because u wanted the Champions League trophy, where is it Pep's hiring helped Man City's brand but anyone who thinks any of the other top coaches can't make a world beater out of millions of oil money is sadly mistaken.

What is stopping top coaches from winning the champions league with psg with the money spent there ?

What is stopping top coaches from winning trophies for man united despite all they have be spending for the past few years since money equal to trophies

Pep has not been lucky when it comes to the champions league, we all saw what happened at Madrid

(1) (2) (3) ... (13134) (13135) (13136) (13137) (13138) (13139) (13140) ... (16679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, lbrichman2, AlhajiDanladi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.