Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,155 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12067577 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2017
PDPGuy:
When Rohr's contract is up, and he decides to leave, which Nigerian coach should take over from him?
Oliseh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:03am On Sep 21, 2017
Loogan:

Very proud of this guy, this is a incredible feat, considering how much quality defenders play in the ligue 1. He would continue to prove those who came for his head against SA wrong. Those who said he is not ready, Porto b player and all that, it is before your own eyes that just not up to 3months after the South Africa game he is in the team of the week in LIGUE 1, Stats don't lie... it's not all about game time omeruo with all his experience is not has good has he is presently.
Yea am one of d people that criticised him for poor showing against SA and if i may ask u,did he had a good game against SA?

No doubt d guy is young,promising and have great future ahead.Thank God he was able to get a club who believed in him and he hasn't disappoint,making team of d week is a plus for him and should keep it up.Hope he replicate d good form in eagles colour.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2017
edi287:

Oliseh.
Oh Olishe,honestly am ardent supporter of local coaches but of recent i realized d foreign ones are far ahead,look at what Rohr is doing presently with d team,playing fatherly role.I had opportunity of meeting Westerhoff sometimes ago and i asked him how did he managed Eagles then and he said all u need is to take them as your children and leave d rest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2017
edi287:

Belgian.
but of Zambian descent
I heard his father once played for Zambia
but the guy sees himself as a Belgian in fact his mother is against him representing Zambia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Just also like Keshi, Yekini, Amokachi, Kanu, Oruma, Okocha, Mikel, name them started from the local league.
What we are looking at now is the current standard of the league compared to the the quality of the Super Eagles

Any player that must be introduced into the team must be better than the player he is displacing from the list. Simple.

You cannot tell me you will pick Adeleye and Eze as back up CBs over Awaziem and Omeruo. If you so chose Adeleye and Eze over Awaziem and Omeruo, well....your choice. undecided
My man pls don't deviate,am i crazy to pick Eze and Adeleye over Awaziem and Omeruo.I said invite this guys to mainstream Eagles for them to learn than inviting player like Agbo.

Pls what was d state of Nigeria league when Mba,Oboboana made super eagles XI.The league may be faulty but that should not stop us from looking inward,that's my point.

I'm one of d people who believed so much in Akpeyi but d recent showing of Ezenwa proved me wrongly coz his calmness in a goalposts is a top notch but is here doing it domestically.

Alhassan Muzzam moved from d same league to Austria vien as a starter,Odey to fc Zurich.Pls we can still find one or two that can sweat it out with our foreign based and get valuable experience.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2017
femianski:

but of Zambian descent
I heard his father once played for Zambia
but the guy sees himself as a Belgian in fact his mother is against him representing Zambia
I know. Hence he's Belgian.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
My man pls don't deviate,am i crazy to pick Eze and Adeleye over Awaziem and Omeruo. I said invite this guys to mainstream Eagles for them to learn,nothing more.

Pls what was d state of Nigeria league when Mba,Oboboana made super eagles XI.The league may be faulty but that should not stop us from looking inward,that's my point.

Alhassan Muzzam moved from d same league to Austria vien as a starter,Odey to fc Zurich.Pls we can still find one or two that can sweat out with our foreign based and get valuable experience.

That is the issue, we already have two starting CBs: Balogun and Ekong. And then Awaziem, Agbo and Omeruo are fringe CBs. For you to invite Eze and Adeleye you have to drop 2 out of the regulars and fringe players. What do we need 7 CBs in camp for?

If you agree that Adeleye and Eze are not at par with Awaziem and Omeruo , who are not even regular CBs, what are you inviting them for? Just to come and learn? They should do that in the CHAN Team please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
My man pls don't deviate,am i crazy to pick Eze and Adeleye over Awaziem and Omeruo.I said invite this guys to mainstream Eagles for them to learn than inviting player like Agbo.

Pls what was d state of Nigeria league when Mba,Oboboana made super eagles XI. The league may be faulty but that should not stop us from looking inward,that's my point.

I'm one of d people who believed so much in Akpeyi but d recent showing of Ezenwa proved me wrongly coz his calmness in a goalposts is a top notch but is here doing it domestically.

Alhassan Muzzam moved from d same league to Austria vien as a starter,Odey to fc Zurich.Pls we can still find one or two that can sweat it out with our foreign based and get valuable experience.

If you get my point, I am saying the current quality of the league is lagging in the production of players to match the current quality of the Super Eagles. We have not even finished capping the exciting young players springing up all over Europe in more advanced leagues.

Obaobona and Omeruo took over CB positions from Onyekachi Apam and Dele Adeleye, Ambrose was also a CB. The lack of available options at CB at that time necessitated the introduction of Obaobna and a young Omeruo. Apam had injuries problems while Adeleye was fast losing form

Sunday Mba with the form he was in that 2013 will not make the AM position in this current team. Gba be.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

That is the issue, we already have two starting CBs: Balogun and Ekong. And then Awaziem, Agbo and Omeruo are fringe CBs. For you to invite Eze and Adeleye you have to drop 2 out of the regulars and fringe players. What do we need 7 CBs in camp for?

If you agree that Adeleye and Eze are not at par with Awaziem and Omeruo , who are not even regular CBs, what are you inviting them for? Just to come and learn? They should do that in the CHAN Team please.
I believe either Eze or Adeleye,one should take d place of Agbo in d team unless Omeruo is available.

I don't need to wait til CHAN to see a promising player.Enyeama had only one appearance before his superlatives performance against England,when u see a player u know irrespective of d oppositions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

If you get my point, I am saying the current quality of the league is lagging in the production of players to match the current quality of the Super Eagles. We have not even finished capping the exciting young players springing up all over Europe in more advanced leagues.

Obaobona and Omeruo took over CB positions from Onyekachi Apam and Dele Adeleye, Ambrose was also a CB. The lack of available options at CB at that time necessitated the introduction of Obaobna and a young Omeruo. Apam had injuries problems while Adeleye was fast losing form

Sunday Mba with the form he was in that 2013 will not make the AM position in this current team. Gba be.
I understand u but on Sunday Mba i disagreed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:52am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
Oh Olishe,honestly am ardent supporter of local coaches but of recent i realized d foreign ones are far ahead,look at what Rohr is doing presently with d team,playing fatherly role.I had opportunity of meeting Westerhoff sometimes ago and i asked him how did he managed Eagles then and he said all u need is to take them as your children and leave d rest.
Yeah Oliseh might be lacking in the man management aspect, still think he's a great coach and can improve in that area. Unless we can keep Rohr or get another guy like him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
I understand u but on Sunday Mba i disagreed.

Sunday Mba vs Mikel vs Etebo vs Iwobi vs Aluko. Be the judge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

The same Mikel played behind Sunday Mba as at Afcon.Mba as at 2013 afcon,pls Etebo,Iwobi,Aluko are no match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2017
edi287:

Yeah Oliseh might be lacking in the man management aspect, still think he's a great coach and can improve in that area. Unless we can keep Rohr or get another guy like him
Better to get another guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Omo this one hard o! It is clearer now in black and white. Mba is certainly down the pecking order. lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
I believe either Eze or Adeleye,one should take d place of Agbo in d team unless Omeruo is available.

I don't need to wait til CHAN to see a promising player.Enyeama had only one appearance before his superlatives performance against England,when u see a player u know irrespective of d oppositions.

And again who were the other options as Ike Shoronmu was already retiring?

The other day some one was making a case that Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Dele Ajiboye ought to have been introduced into the Super Eagles long before now. I asked who were our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice goalies when Ezenwa and Ajoboye were coming up? Answer: Enyeama, Ejide, Ayenugba. Were Ezenwa and Ajiboye near the trio then?

Opportunity to perform mostly lies on the availability of the opportunity. If you are good and there a people who are better the availability of the opportunity may not be there.

Let us see Adeleye and Eze again in CHAN in January and then we re-asses them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2017
realpoacher:

Omo this one hard o! It is clearer now in black and white. Mba is certainly down the pecking order. lipsrsealed
The discussion is not based on Mba current form but based on his afcon 2013 form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:04am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

And again who were the other options as Ike Shoronmu was already retiring?

The other day some one was making a case that Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Dele Ajiboye ought to have been introduced into the Super Eagles long before now. I asked who were our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice goalies when Ezenwa and Ajoboye were coming up? Answer: Enyeama, Ejide, Ayenugba. Were Ezenwa and Ajiboye near the trio then?

Opportunity to perform mostly lies on the availability of the opportunity. If you are good and there a people who are better the availability of the opportunity may not be there.

Let us see Adeleye and Eze again in CHAN in January and then we re-asses them.
OK o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:06am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
The same Mikel played behind Sunday Mba as at Afcon.Mba as at 2013 afcon, pls Etebo,Iwobi,Aluko are no match

So if Mba was in this current team Rohr would pick him to play AM ahead of Mikel.

AT the bolded. you mean this thing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

So if Mba was in this current team Rohr would pick him to play AM ahead of Mikel.

AT the bolded. you mean this thing?

pls i based my assertion on Mba of 2013 afcon not Mba of now.Abi not Mba that sent star studded cote d voire packing and gave us only goal in d final,Mba of 2013 in this present squad,then Mikel w need to go back to CM,meaning Onazi w sit out talk less of Etebo

2013 team won Afcon and went to world cup and reach 2nd round,u know i respect this present team a lot but not yet time to compare player like Iwobi or Etebo with Mba of 2013 Afcon, just too early.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
pls i based my assertion on Mba of 2013 afcon not Mba of now.

I am fully aware of that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

I am fully aware of that.
Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2017
Joebie:
I think Olayinka, Bonaventure, Awoniyi, and Onyekuru have all been impressive in Belgium. With time yes, Awoniyi could make the grade at Liverpool

Right on point bro. Our boys have done us proud in Belgium, we have some of the best young players in the league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Right on point bro. Our boys have done us proud in Belgium, we have some of the best young players in the league.
The future is bright for our football, all w need is good administration from NFF,talents scattered all over Europe now left for NFF to maximize it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamdynamite(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2017
To me, i think the standard of the Nigerian league has really dropped, as the best players in the country are not playing in the league.

Check out our performance in contiental competitions lately, its been very abysmal, most of the players in the league are old men hardly will you find a 23 year old player in the league..

i have watched both eze and adeleye closely i think they are not up to par, when push comes to shove i'm not sure they can stand the test of times.perfect example is ejike uzoenyi who shone like a million stars during then chan but what happened when the real test came?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Kog45:
pls i based my assertion on Mba of 2013 afcon not Mba of now.Abi not Mba that sent star studded cote d voire packing and gave us only goal in d final,Mba of 2013 in this present squad,then Mikel w need to go back to CM,meaning Onazi w sit out talk less of Etebo

2013 team won Afcon and went to world cup and reach 2nd round,u know i respect this present team a lot but not yet time to compare player like Iwobi or Etebo with Mba of 2013 Afcon, just too early.

Flash in the pan. That is what I call it. We know he overachieved in that tournament. I didn't expect much from him going forwards anyways.

Where is also Ejike Uzoenyi?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2017
Between Israelie, Austrian and Switzerland's leagues, which should come first and last?

Asking for a purpose (Our recent HB players and current HB players).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Flash in the pan. That is what I call it. We know he overachieved in that tournament. I didn't expect much from him going forwards anyways.

Same thing u called Ighalo.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Flash in pan or not,d Mba name cannot be erased in afcon history,truly d guy cannot replicate afcon form till now,no thanks to Keshi for frustrating d guy out of d team.

Oh Uzoenyi,pls where is Michael Uchebo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Take it or leave it,jump over d roof,barring no last injury to d team dt won Cameroon 4-nill in Uyo,including IWOBI,JOEL(IF FIT),tammy abraham(if he commits himsef to nigeria),den Maybe Mother luck shines on him(SONE Aluko) will part of d 30 man list wc will b prune down to 23 man list going to world cup after slogging it out in d training camp
For d unemployed scout of NFF AND ROHR
99.9 percent of d guys u scout unofficially for rohr most esp those in scadevien leagues or lower leagues won't smell d normal 30-35man list release some months to world cup,let alone of bin in d final 23man squad.Rohr knows 95percent of his members going to world cup already barring no injuries to dem,odas will slug it out with d remaining 5percent,wc I support 100percent
We dont want a situation where by someone somewhere will b invited from no where and swindle us with a very good scintillating performance in a test game prior to world cup and get to d team thru back door and when d world cup proper begins,won't b able to hit d bar let alone of scoring in any match b4 getting ousted out of d competition.
REMEMBER D FAMOUS scissors KIck by BARTHOLOMEW OGBECHE against Paraguay friendly match in 2002,got to d world cup proper with dt single SCISSORS KICK,he was just running like an headless chicken,Shio, N.B..Ogbeche played for P.S.G den b4 d world cup in2002
So wen I c guys scouting unofficially for d team because a player scored hat trick in one slovanian,austrian,Czech or lower leagues or plays d midfield/defense well over dere,we clamour for his invite,I just laff grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Same thing u called Ighalo.

What do you call a player that struggled in Europe over his first 5-7 seasons and then started scoring goals all of a sudden? And then went on a goals draught also all of a sudden? Odion Ighalo was a flash in the pan there bro.

Same goes for Emmanuel Emenike.

When last did Ighalo score for Nigeria before the Cameroon game? I will not be shocked if Ighalo resumes on his Super Eagles goals draught (God forbid though).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2017
iamdynamite:
To me, i think the standard of the Nigerian league has really dropped, as the best players in the country are not playing in the league.

Check out our performance in contiental competitions lately, its been very abysmal, most of the players in the league are old men hardly will you find a 23 year old player in the league..

i have watched both eze and adeleye closely i think they are not up to par, when push comes to shove i'm not sure they can stand the test of times.perfect example is ejike uzoenyi who shone like a million stars during then chan but what happened when the real test came?
Why always bad example (Uzoenyi) and not good example (Oboboana)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gamaliel9, lbrichman2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.