Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,217 members, 7,873,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11991651 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16283) (16284) (16285) (16286) (16287) (16288) (16289) ... (16394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:44pm On Jun 09
Komekn honestly you and this agenda where did Abubakar bully Omeruo? This year's AFCON that we beat them or 2019 that Vincent didn't even play at all? Now you're making up stuff just to sustain agenda?! Honestly SMH!

komekn:

Abubakar has not been able to score more than 8 goals a season in the two seasons spent in the Saudi league.

But was not discarded by the Cameroon national team. I remember how he bullied Omeruo like a school boy.

But we discarded Ighalo too quickly for young pretender's like Sadiq,etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:45pm On Jun 09
Vivid imagination studios

Odunayaw:
grin Bullied Omeruo kẹ

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09
Katcall:
To hell with you and moses simon. We are thinking of making progress. You are considering using a woeful player. Thank God he's injured. I don't want to see him and aribo in the national team again

You be d coach? And your tone is a little bit harsh, be calming down is just exchange of opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:02pm On Jun 09
Napoleon55:

I have not seen any exceptional short players that Nigerian coaches has failed to select in the past.
However,a Nigerian team team should not be made up of more than 30% of short players,especially in defense and midfield,
otherwise we would be bullied by other African teams.

Most of Argentine greatest players are short though.

You haven't seen in the national team but I have seen in academies.

I am talking about Nigerian coaches not using potent striker that are short not all positions.

If you are a good striker but short, Nigerian coach will prefer a goliath that doesn't know where post dey because em believe height and body be striker.

No wonder sey can't make it outside the shorea of Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 3:28pm On Jun 09
Am rewatching the South Africa game and observed that Chukwueze n look man never exchanged any passes and also seem like they were competing with each other
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 3:37pm On Jun 09
Anytime I see how Real Madrid is run compared to Nigeria, I feel like crying. For example, on current form, onyedika is probably our best DM but he is been benched by ndidi due to seniority. We behave as if, weren’t interested in winning with the type of respect that we hand out to older players. In 2024, you have clueless players like Iheanacho starting and we expect to win. There isn’t a system created to enforce winning

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09
Mujtahida:

Ehen, so here you are using Abubakar who you know has not scored more than 8 goals in a backwater league like Saudi as a reason why not to abandon players but you were crowing two days ago saying Yusuf who is not even a striker has not scored in the jupiler league.

Komekn, komekn, take time oo.

Dr 2 Know what position does Yusuf play and you are comparing him to a forward player.

And please don't take comments out of context. I responded to a claim that Yusuf is is an " All action central midfielder " posted by Subzero.

In that context and all action central midfielder that had scored 3 goals in 75 games, that's ludicrous. If you add his time in Gothenburg he scored twice, where he played 66 games.

That's 5 goals since 2018 for an all action midfielder that is very poor.

When you watch his game it becomes obvious why he is not good enough for the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 3:55pm On Jun 09
komekn:

Dr 2 Know what position does Yusuf play and you are comparing him to a forward player.

And please don't take comments out of context. I responded to a claim that Yusuf is is an " All action central midfielder " posted by Subzero.

In that context and all action central midfielder that had scored 3 goals in 75 games, that's ludicrous. If you add his time in Gothenburg he scored twice, where he played 66 games.

That's 5 goals since 2018 for an all action midfielder that is very poor.

When you watch his game it becomes obvious why he is not good enough for the SE.
Very smart of you to use goal outputs to rate a player. Exposes your knowledge of the game .

Person like you go pick Mcctominay over Caicedo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:09pm On Jun 09
9JAMac10:
Am rewatching the South Africa game and observed that Chukwueze n look man never exchanged any passes and also seem like they were competing with each other

Nwanne sepu aka na anwụrụ ike because e no good for your body cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 4:25pm On Jun 09
ChrisKels:

watch the game objectively
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:55pm On Jun 09
9JAMac10:
Exchange passes from LW to RW?

Have you not wasted your time in rewatching?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09
This Rangers and Enyimba match is getting a lot of hype eh..

Even me self we normally no care about the NPFL dey find somewhere to stream it 😁😁

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:19pm On Jun 09
Danielnino00:
This Rangers and Enyimba match is getting a lot of hype eh..

Even me self we normally no care about the NPFL dey find somewhere to stream it 😁😁

I don't know who to support today as nwa 042 wey from Abia, but I dey Enugu stand sha. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 5:26pm On Jun 09
No they are not.

Chukwueze played RW, while Lookman played LW.

As a winger you tend to pass or cross to the Striker, attacking midfielder or an on-rushing team mate.It's rare to see a winger send the ball to the opposite flank.

The both have played together in times past and exchanged passes a couple of times.

9JAMac10:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 5:37pm On Jun 09
M7even:

Onuachu has a better goal sense than these guys. He might be slow which is his weakness but when played to his full strength he is a menace. For club football, his only mistake was his desperation to play in England where he found himself in relagation battling Southampton. Asides that he has consistently shown he has every potential to be a good forward player. I know the national team has no time for all that as we want result instantly. But then, coaches know better. At the last AFCON he was our second choice striker to Osimhen, and not Moffi, there is a consistent reason for that even while Moffi came as an earlier replace for Boniface and Onuachu came later to replace Sodiq. So I tell you, if only we can yield to play to his strength which we saw while he was at Belgium. I dare say no Nigerian player dominated the Belgian league like Onuachu did.
Onuachu was not Jose Peseiro's second choice striker.

He calls on Onuachu when we are trying to hold on to a lead.Onuachu does this by drawing fouls from the opponent, which tends to slow the tempo of the game.

Against South Africa in the Semi-finals of the AFCON, when we needed a winner, he called on Moffi.

This is because, Moffi is good on the counter and can get us a goal in counter attacking situations due to his electric pace and trickery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09
ChrisKels:

I don't know who to support today as nwa 042 wey from Abia, but I dey Enugu stand sha. cheesy

I'm not from the east, but I like both clubs... Enyimba for their consistency and Rangers since that 2016 league win.

How the match dey go??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09
In 5 years
South African football will surpass Nigerias
No jokes
They’ve invested & developed their football
When was the last time a Nigerian team won CAF champions league
Our football is in trouble guys
We’ve been stagnant while countries like Morocco, South Africa have been strategizing
Nigeria as a country is poorly run and it has trickled down to every aspect of our society including football
We can’t keep relying on disjointed no team chemistry European based team without a sold football home based team & improperly run league to come into action when there are lapses
Poor organisation & administration could cost us this WC ticket
Especially from how the NFF president is selected down to coaching crew sélection basis & players
If your country doesn’t prepare properly in every aspect from administration to field performance, you won’t be successful
You wanna perform magic or rely on talent, luck?
Relying on past glory is over 🚶🏽‍♂️
Football is practical
South African teams male & female won medals in African tournaments recently
A club from South Africa also won champions league during these past 5 years (male & female)
We are sleeping on bicycle , we want to keep playing football with big name
So help our football God
Nigeria we hail thee

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LoverOfPussy: 5:49pm On Jun 09
yinkeys:
In 5 years
South African football will surpass Nigeria
No jokes
When was the last a Nigerian team won CAF champions league
We’ve been stagnant while countries like Morocco, South Africa have been strategizing
Nigeria as a country is poorly run and it has trickled down to every aspects of our society including football
We can’t keep relying on disjointed European based team without a sold football home based team to come into action when there are lapses
Especially from how the NFF president is selected down to coaching crew sélection basis & players
If your country doesn’t prepare properly in every aspect from administration to field performance, you won’t be successful
You wanna perform magic ?
Relying on past glory is over
Na every year una dey talk this one

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:24pm On Jun 09
Quiet impressed with the Eastern Derby. I'll love it to be more colorful with online pr and bigger vibes from fans, sustained even after the game. 20k fans no be beans. Causing traffic in the city again is a great sign. Coming with buses filled with away fans shows passion. The state of the home stadium however is not pleasing. The away team doesn't have bench spot?? Sitting on the tracks?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09
Silentgroper:
I think Moses Simon is creative in beating his man one on one than lookman .. lookman just has one style ..

That's why the south Africans were able contain him .. Moses Simon would have dribbled past those south African, if you ask me ..
Aside Chukwueze, Simon is the best dribbler we have in the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:39pm On Jun 09
mostob:
Good. You should stop quoting people unnecessarily then. At least understand what the talk is all about before quoting.

Simple the talk is about our aged players, we had the knack for sidelining them once they reach 30,

prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zellas: 6:53pm On Jun 09
I wonder why the captain, coach and NFF kept quite over this.
As a nation, we must stop swallowing every wrong thing thrown at us, otherwise people will always do anyhow and get away with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:15pm On Jun 09
Odunayaw:
grin Komekn wey no de gree if dem catch am pants down? At least the others ghost when torch light shines on them

Komekn fit say white is a brighter version of black just to cover up
True talk but in terms of outlandish opinions, nobody reach Oga Meli. Na im be the komekn of that department.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:19pm On Jun 09
9JAMac10:
Agenda, well done.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:41pm On Jun 09
Na wa for some of these guys wey dey quote me out of context oooo, anyways me i no dey kuku do long arguement, i made myself understood by clearly saying im not advocating we bring back ighalo…i jus used cameroon abubakar to cite a particular player transition trend in 9ja…abeg if you no understand forgerabourit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:45pm On Jun 09
the chukwueze some folks are hyping here to start, na so the guy start afcon final miss road. Dude is best as a sub for now o abeg!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:53pm On Jun 09
yinkeys:
In 5 years
South African football will surpass Nigeria
No jokes
When was the last time a Nigerian team won CAF champions league
Nigeria as a country is poorly run and it has trickled down to every aspects of our society including football
We can’t keep relying on disjointed no team chemistry European based team without a sold football home based team & improperly run league to come into action when there are lapses
You wanna perform magic or rely on talent, luck?
Relying on past glory is over 🚶🏽‍♂️
Football is practical
South African teams male & female won medals in African tournaments recently
A club from South Africa also won champions league during these past 5 years (male & female)
We are sleeping on bicycle , we want to keep playing football with big name
So help our football God
Nigeria we hail thee
SA can never surpass 9ja even in the next 10yrs…let them keep winning CAF champions league, Nigerian will keep producing individual talent year in year out to trash all their long term developmental plan.
In the mid to early 2000 it was okocha and the rest against their mamlodi sundown, pirate,kaizer assembled team, we still kill them
from the early 2000 to the 2014 it was Osaze,Martins,Victor moses,emenike and co that was dealing with their Mamelodi,kaizer,orlando assembled squad.
From the 2015 to the 2019/2020 its was the ighalo and co dealing with them
From the 2019 till date Osimhen,lookman,chukwueze and co will keep their PSL assembled team in check.
next 5-10 years another set of individual brilliant kids will pop out to still wash them aside…forget all this draw draw they are playin with us…if we meet at any knockout stages of tournaments…we go still boss them.
They cant over take anything kan kan.
Our Rival in African til eternity will continue to be
Cameroon
Ghana
CIV
Senegal
no southern African team will meet us, them go only try their best but all na gra gra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LoverOfPussy: 8:01pm On Jun 09
Goke7:
the chukwueze some folks are hyping here to start, na so the guy start afcon final miss road. Dude is best as a sub for now o abeg!
So you prefer Iheanacho to start?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:51pm On Jun 09
LoverOfPussy:
So you prefer Iheanacho to start?

Both players are better as subs in my opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09
BannedLarge:
Anytime I see how Real Madrid is run compared to Nigeria, I feel like crying. For example, on current form, onyedika is probably our best DM but he is been benched by ndidi due to seniority. We behave as if, weren’t interested in winning with the type of respect that we hand out to older players. In 2024, you have clueless players like Iheanacho starting and we expect to win. There isn’t a system created to enforce winning
mcheew what where the "clue" players doing in our first two matches that the clueless player was the one involved in both our goals?

Yes we agree Iheanacho should not have started but calling him clueless is another thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:11pm On Jun 09
grin
9JAMac10:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:16pm On Jun 09
cheesy for some reason I understand this Igbo.

D
ChrisKels:

(1) (2) (3) ... (16283) (16284) (16285) (16286) (16287) (16288) (16289) ... (16394) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, TheGoodJoe(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Freed2022 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.