Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,189 members, 7,890,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12084613 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16284) (16285) (16286) (16287) (16288) (16289) (16290) ... (16440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:18pm On Jun 09
The point is KC should not have been invited because we couldn’t have expected him to be in form.

maidaboi:
mcheew what where the "clue" players doing in our first two matches that the clueless player was the one involved in both our goals?

Yes we agree Iheanacho should not have started but calling him clueless is another thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:23pm On Jun 09
Finidi only needs Peseiro’s personnel in defense, not his system. Finidi has a better system. Add Osimhen na yawa for many teams.

Mujtahida:

Second half was good but Finidi should not phase out the defensive philosophy of Peseiro. He should integrate it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09
Katcall:
To hell with you and moses simon. We are thinking of making progress. You are considering using a woeful player. Thank God he's injured. I don't want to see him and aribo in the national team again
Are you sure your brain is still inside your head?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:29pm On Jun 09
I hope the league body comes down hard on enyimba for their stupidity today, that was a clear foul but i can't tell if the ranger player get back onside before the pass was made . Without VAR it's very difficult for the refree so its 50/50 .... Rangers should also be fined heavily for over crowding

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Silentgroper(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09
komekn:

No we are not .

Moses is like Toyota corolla and Lookman is like a Audi RS4 quattro. The two cannot be compared.
maybe that's why he couldn't beat his man against south Africa..

I bet Moses would've...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09
You realise under peseiro the wingers can barely move forward? That's why simon keep getting games because he can track back
Mujtahida:

Second half was good but Finidi should not phase out the defensive philosophy of Peseiro. He should integrate it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 10:38pm On Jun 09
komekn:

Dr 2 Know what position does Yusuf play and you are comparing him to a forward player.

And please don't take comments out of context. I responded to a claim that Yusuf is is an " All action central midfielder " posted by Subzero.

In that context and all action central midfielder that had scored 3 goals in 75 games, that's ludicrous. If you add his time in Gothenburg he scored twice, where he played 66 games.

That's 5 goals since 2018 for an all action midfielder that is very poor.

When you watch his game it becomes obvious why he is not good enough for the SE.

Offtopic I didn't even recognize your handwriting, no emoji no CAPITAL LETTERS, I thought this was a Danielnino writeup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Silentgroper(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09
EEGA:
]In a 3-5-2 the both can play as our strikers.

They have both played this position a couple of times.

Our Strikers do not get on the score sheet when called upon.Moffi and Onuachu missed chances.Boniface is just returning from injury.He struggled when called upon in the Europa League Final.He lasted for 45 minutes on the pitch but couldn't convert any of the chances created for him.

Finidi's mistake in our last game was playing Lookman as a LWF instead of AML and LSS.

Lookman for the past 2 seasons has been more effective for Atalanta as a false 9 in a 2-man attack or as an AML or LSS when playing behind the main striker as seen in Atalanta and the AFCON.

In the AFCON, his goals came while playing behind Osimhen while Zaidu as a LWB covered the whole of the left flank with Moses Simon playing as a wide forward by whipping in crosses for the both.We saw Simon interchanging with Lookman but was always playing as a wide forward.This is the reason why Simon has only assists to his name and was without a goal.

Lookman couldn't get a goal on Friday, because he was always wide.He is either crossing for Onuachu or drifting into the box to shoot.

To get the best out of Lookman you must play him in his most effective position as we did in the AFCON or like he plays in Atalanta.

Lookman is better as a false 9,AML or LSS.Chukwueze can also partner him as he has played that position a couple of times in his Villareal days.

If I may ask.Why should you leave your most clinical player on the wings to be whipping in crosses for another striker, when he can easily get you goals and the needed 3pts when he plays just behind the main striker as seen in the AFCON or in Atalanta or when he features as a 9?

Lookman functions best when he is very close to the box.He is a fox and predator in the box.

he played as a lwf in the Europa final he scored hat-trick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Silentgroper(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09
Odunayaw:
Exchange passes from LW to RW?

Have you not wasted your time in rewatching?
i literally was stunned when whrn I read thst comment .. 😁😁😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 10:54pm On Jun 09
I miss Rohr… we qualified for tournaments with a game to spare. No need for calculators. We have regressed back to the calculator era.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09
Which chance was created for boniface in europa league final ? You just love posting nonsense on this thread. Maybe nah nairaland mention dey hungry you
EEGA:

Our Strikers do not get on the score sheet when called upon.Moffi and Onuachu missed chances.Boniface is just returning from injury.He struggled when called upon in the Europa League Final.He lasted for 45 minutes on the pitch but couldn't convert any of the chances created for him.

Finidi's mistake in our last game was playing Lookman as a LWF instead of AML and LSS.

Lookman for the past 2 seasons has been more effective for Atalanta as a false 9 in a 2-man attack or as an AML or LSS when playing behind the main striker as seen in Atalanta and the AFCON.

In the AFCON, his goals came while playing behind Osimhen while Zaidu as a LWB covered the whole of the left flank with Moses Simon playing as a wide forward by whipping in crosses for the both.We saw Simon interchanging with Lookman but was always playing as a wide forward.This is the reason why Simon has only assists to his name and was without a goal.

Lookman couldn't get a goal on Friday, because he was always wide.He is either crossing for Onuachu or drifting into the box to shoot.

To get the best out of Lookman you must play him in his most effective position as we did in the AFCON or like he plays in Atalanta.

Lookman is better as a false 9,AML or LSS.Chukwueze can also partner him as he has played that position a couple of times in his Villareal days.

If I may ask.Why should you leave your most clinical player on the wings to be whipping in crosses for another striker, when he can easily get you goals and the needed 3pts when he plays just behind the main striker as seen in the AFCON or in Atalanta or when he features as a 9?

Lookman functions best when he is very close to the box.He is a fox and predator in the box.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:10pm On Jun 09
Those of you calling for Ndidi to play CB obviously never saw how atrocious he was when he played there for Leicester. 😁

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:11pm On Jun 09
komekn:

I watched it live on YouTube

I was, then all of a sudden, most part of my screen was covered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:27pm On Jun 09
Subzerooo:

Offtopic I didn't even recognize your handwriting, no emoji no CAPITAL LETTERS, I thought this was a Danielnino writeup

Y u go think say na my handwriting?
I resemble person wey dey drink bitter leaf juice?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 11:59pm On Jun 09
Tomorrow match is a must-win..Anything outside a win means we are not going to the World Cup. The coach must get the selection right .. Kelechi and Onuachu have no business on the starting line u

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:06am On Jun 10
Odunayaw:
grin Komekn wey no de gree if dem catch am pants down? At least the others ghost when torch light shines on them

Komekn fit say white is a brighter version of black just to cover up

You have a view which is not fact 😕

I have asked challenged you to substantiate your position but you get subjective and misguided intuitive.

But to date, you one of the more vocal charlatans have been unable to get one of your nonsensical notions concerning me to stick and or be proven.

Not one.

Maybe 🤔 that's why you get so upset and vehemently hostile. You just cannot contend with me.

Are you envious and jealous, I'm like the red 🟥🟥flag to an enraged bull 🐂 to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:09am On Jun 10
EEGA:

All said and done who had the most shots on target, who had the most shots on goal, who instigated the most attacks, who was the most dangerous player for Nigeria only one = LOOKMAN.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 3:06am On Jun 10
Favour Ofili 🇳🇬 won the women's 100m at the USATF LA Grand Prix in 11.18s (-2.1).

Olympic Champion Elaine Thompson-Herah 🇯🇲 was 8th in 11.48s, coming down with an injury.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 4:49am On Jun 10
I got faith Nigeria will defeat Benin 🇧🇯 tomorrow . These new guys got to be mentally prepared

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 6:30am On Jun 10
isan:
Which chance was created for boniface in europa league final ? You just love posting nonsense on this thread. Maybe nah nairaland mention dey hungry you
When it comes to creating chance the Leverkusen side is the best in the Bundesliga last season.

Boniface was not 100% fit which is the reason, he came from the bench.

He had 45 mins on the pitch in a Europa League final but couldn't get on the score sheet.This is down to full fitness.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 6:36am On Jun 10

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 6:41am On Jun 10

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 6:51am On Jun 10
isan:
Coach Xabi of Leverkusen couldn't create any chance for his striker who was on the pitch for 45mins?

No talk that thing enter Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 6:56am On Jun 10
Silentgroper:
he played as a lwf in the Europa final he scored hat-trick
A 3-4-2-1 was used in the final with Scamacca as top 9 while Lookman was playing just behind him as an AML or LSS.He wasn't playing wide because it's not a 3-4-3 with him playing as a wide winger.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:05am On Jun 10
Joebie:
Finidi only needs Peseiro’s personnel in defense, not his system. Finidi has a better system. Add Osimhen na yawa for many teams.

What does Peseiro's personnel know about playing a highline and defending from an offensive set-up? There is a total difference between playing an offensive or defensive setup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:11am On Jun 10
komekn:

All said and done who had the most shots on target, who had the most shots on goal, who instigated the most attacks, who was the most dangerous player for Nigeria only one = LOOKMAN.

Does not change EEGA's point. His point is "More Effective". Get Lookman closer to the goal and you have a goal scoring beast. He suggests that Finidi needs to get Lookman attacking the half spaces between the right full back and right central defender. A role some refer to as the wing fielder role. I totally agree with him. Spot on Analysis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15am On Jun 10
Truidstarr:
I miss Rohr… we qualified for tournaments with a game to spare. No need for calculators. We have regressed back to the calculator era.

But we did not grow as a team under Rohr. What is the use qualifying when years will pass and the team does not get better?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:18am On Jun 10
@EEGA

In the note of playing Lookman closer to goal, does that not affect the balance of Finidi's play, which I feel resorts in the wide forwards playing wide, to expand the defensive shape of the opposition, and create room in the center for the team to attack.

If we work with that notion, I feel Childera Ejuke should have been called up because he fits more into the wide playing role than Lookman.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21am On Jun 10
@EEGA

Secondly, if Finidi is not ready to drop his philosophical shape, do you think Lookman is the best playing on the left, not the LF role but LWF or is there a better option in the team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 7:25am On Jun 10
EEGA:
Coach Xabi of Leverkusen couldn't create any chance for his striker who was on the pitch for 45mins?

No talk that thing enter Germany.

Did you watch the game? Let's start from there.

I am also of the opinion that Boniface isn't as fit as he was before he got injured, there's however no factual basis for me to publicly defend this since I'm not his doctor or trainer.

And yes Boniface didn't get chances created for him in that game. This also isn't peculiar to him, Leverkusen as a team didn't get the kinda of chances they are typically known for. Atalanta was just the better team that night. They had a total of 10 shots that night and had just 3 on target (typically low for Leverkusen).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 7:47am On Jun 10
TheGoodJoe:

But we did not grow as a team under Rohr. What is the news qualifying when years will pass and the team does not get better?
Yes I agree we did not get better. But what is point of playing exciting football and not qualifying for tournaments? Rohr qualified us with ease.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:03am On Jun 10
TheGoodJoe:

What does Peseiro's personnel know about playing a highline and defending from an offensive set-up? There is a total difference between playing an offensive or defensive setup.
Too much theory full your head.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16284) (16285) (16286) (16287) (16288) (16289) (16290) ... (16440) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SamueItem337(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.