Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11991400 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16343) (16344) (16345) (16346) (16347) (16348) (16349) ... (16394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:39pm On Jun 15
Subzerooo:

Bro are you saying that countries like Benin or South Africa or Mali have better players than us, this thing is just a coach having a clear strategy and the players believing in it because normally a coach that has Boniface already has an upperhand in Africa not to talk of Osimhen

can one player play everywhere? Why are you not winning countries like SA or Benin easily if you have better players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 7:41pm On Jun 15
There must be something people see in nwakali that makes them think he is the solution to our midfield and I'm trying hard to see it. Club wise awaziem and him are in the same boat playing for relegation threatened teams and barely getting consistent game time but while we all agree awaziem should be dropped,how come we now want nwakali to be invited. If he was any better won't he have made a step up to a better team or league after all this years

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15
Goke7:

except you have not followed the eagles for long, once a player is about to be axed from the national team, he will be termed as disrespectful and before you know it that's the end of the player's national team journey perhaps the reason for his outburst, all that you are saying is not even the real issue as the player in question did not even play in any of the qualifiers so why make him the major subject now? that's how enyeama was thrown out after a row with Oliseh and same thing is about to happen again. Is it fair that a player who did not feature in the matches should be the one taking the major hit now? Think again or continue to focus on his reactions as if that's what will make us qualify for the world cup.

You are 70% right. Did Figiti conducted a fitness test on osimhen to ascertain his fitness or injury level? Why single him out for backslash what about Ekong?

Shebi him talk say Ekong was injured but he played in charity match. Though I do not support what Osimhen did but figiti NFF cannot be exonerated from the blame.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:42pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:
So Finidi George said he can't beg Victor Osimhen to play for the national team. That's a subtle way of trying to push his loss on Osimhen, knowing fully well that Osimhen was injured over the two fixtures he (Finidi) lost. (My autocorrect just dey change Finidi to finish since 🤣)

Osimhen replied: I have lost every respect I had for Finidi George.
Everybody is trying to make it seem like Osimhen did bad. NO! He didn't!

Everybody knows Osimhen plays his hearts out in the Green White Green colors!
Heck! This man played Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final matches of the AFCON with injury.
What was Finidi thinking?

Finidi said our national team players are not committed. Please did Peseiro force our players to play AFCON with injuries? Peseiro told a tired Frank Onyeka after HT 🆚 South Africa in the AFCON, you won't play 2nd half, Onyeka said he must play for the badge!

Players that played AFCON finals with injury.
- Williams Troost-Ekong
- Ola Aina
- Victor Osimhen
- Zaidu Sanusi

But they played their hearts out!
Which uncommitted player does that? Walahi, no local coach can coach the Super Eagles! NFF are failing to see how big of a job this is!
Get a world-class coach to coach world-class players and see if he can't instill discipline in the squad without causing bad blood in the back room.
Argentina squad is more like a family, even Morocco here in Africa. We dey carry who dey drag jersey with player coach team.

I have nothing against Osimhen's action, speak up! This was how MohBad kept quiet and may God rest his soul. Finidi George can't coach the Super Eagles! Finito!

Watch all Peseiro's press conferences, he has never blamed a player for a match gone wrong, even when it was obvious it was Uzoho that was a major problem in our team, Peseiro never blamed him for anything. Finidi is just a farmer blaming his tools for a work not done well.

Thank you jor, wished I can like this post 100 times

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:47pm On Jun 15
TheGoodJoe:

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Players are growing around the world. Tiki tala.education has made it difficult for exceptional talents to work over average players. Even if Ronaldinho in his prime comes to today's football, he would not find it easy. No room for breakdancing on the pitch.

Ronaldinho should go to coaching school and come andngroom a team, let's see if he can scratch it. That time is past.
Make I no nod your face

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:49pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:
So Finidi George said he can't beg Victor Osimhen to play for the national team. That's a subtle way of trying to push his loss on Osimhen, knowing fully well that Osimhen was injured over the two fixtures he (Finidi) lost. (My autocorrect just dey change Finidi to finish since 🤣)

Heck! This man played Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final matches of the AFCON with injury.

Finidi said our national team players are not committed. Please did Peseiro force our players to play AFCON with injuries? Peseiro told a tired Frank Onyeka after HT 🆚 South Africa in the AFCON, you won't play 2nd half, Onyeka said he must play for the badge!

- Williams Troost-Ekong
- Ola Aina
- Victor Osimhen
- Zaidu Sanusi

Which uncommitted player does that? Walahi, no local coach can coach the Super Eagles! NFF are failing to see how big of a job this is!
Get a world-class coach to coach world-class players and see if he can't instill discipline in the squad without causing bad blood in the back room.
Argentina squad is more like a family, even Morocco here in Africa. We dey carry who dey drag jersey with player coach team.

I have nothing against Osimhen's action, speak up! This was how MohBad kept quiet and may God rest his soul. Finidi George can't coach the Super Eagles! Finito!

Watch all Peseiro's press conferences, he has never blamed a player for a match gone wrong, even when it was obvious it was Uzoho that was a major problem in our team, Peseiro never blamed him for anything. Finidi is just a farmer blaming his tools for a work not done well.
Have you watched Finidi's press conferences? Did he blame anyone there?

Make all of una de yell over fake news

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:49pm On Jun 15
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike has more coaching education than Finidi. Finidi has a Uefa A license, Amunike has a UEFA Pro A and Masters, CAF Equivalent to Pro A license too. That to me already puts Amunike as better.

It is not by writing they are the same but give reasons.

Finito.
Theory. We saw Amunike's output in Tanzania. Did you not see Keshi's output in Mali and Togo.

I doubt Keshi had the paper qualification of Amunike.

Have you ever heard me talk about UEFA coaching this or that? I don't reason theoretically. If you have all the UEFA badges and you can't do it, of what good is the badges? If you don't have the badges and you can do it, why should I worry about the badges.

Think practically. Not all these theories.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:51pm On Jun 15
Napoleon55:

I don't think those exact words are from Ronaldinho,
to resign from watching his national team play.

Though someone like me have not started and finish any of our matches for sometime because our football is longer what it used to be
Why do you think he didn't say it? Even Fabrizio Romano posted it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15
Employing a new coach and not convincing Peseiro to stay was a huge mistake! Man qualified us for the AFCON and took us to the finals, before the loss to Ivory Coast, he had lost only one competitive match - against Guinea-Bissau, but many people are forgetting that the game we lost (🆚 Guinea-Bissau) and the ones we drew in the WCQ 🆚 Lesotho and Zimbabwe all came from goalkeeper errors. Remove that free kick goal 🆚 Zimbabwe and we have 3 points. We dey too forget for this Nigeria sha 😅

We got Stanley Nwabali and we rode to the AFCON finals albeit defensively, our first game 🆚 EQG wasn't defensive tho. Peseiro wasn't a defensive minded coach before the AFCON, he used what was needed in the tournament after the offensive approach failed in the first game. Our xG in the EQG game was 2.28, a number that didn't repeat itself for any other team till the end of the tournament but we still played a one-all draw.

I for one, know that Peseiro would've continued the AFCON form in the WCQ before trying to find the formula to get the team firing on all cylinders (attacking wise)

See where we dey now. Back to square one. People forget numbers easily, I don't.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:56pm On Jun 15
Mujtahida:

How men handle things. Not IG live or posts

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:01pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:

- Williams Troost-Ekong
- Ola Aina
- Victor Osimhen
- Zaidu Sanusi

Peseiro is high on social intelligence
I didn’t rate him tactically but I always said this
He spoke like a politician lol
He hid our problems and stamped his identity on the team when he chose to play 3-4-3 in the second game of Afcon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15
codemaniacs:

Osimhen is right about the NFF and the coaches inviting players that are nursing injuries...

If you have ever suffered a joint injury or muscle injury you will know Osimhen is speaking from a view of emotional and physical pain who has played through injuries and it has affected his Napoli performance and appearances.. and this adds to the trauma he has been bottling up..

it is good for his emotional and psychological health because it seems the NFF is not concerned about psychological, emotional and physical well being of the players...

when they play for their clubs their clubs ensure they are not injured and are fit and we all see how well they play for their clubs while when they play for the S.E they are not fit and are nursing injuries and put out lackluster performances and we blame the players...

I don't even think the S.E or Super Falcons have fitness coaches and psychologists on the team.
The issue here is not about NFF and coaches inviting injured players,
it's Osimhen's unprofessionalim in handling his displeasure towards those who questioned his dedication through unguarded emotional outburst,
don't get wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:05pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:
Employing a new coach and not convincing Peseiro to stay was a huge mistake! Man qualified us for the AFCON and took us to the finals, before the loss to Ivory Coast, he had lost only one competitive match - against Guinea-Bissau, but many people are forgetting that the game we lost (🆚 Guinea-Bissau) and the ones we drew in the WCQ 🆚 Lesotho and Rwanda all came from goalkeeper errors. Remove that free kick goal 🆚 Zimbabwe and we have 3 points. We dey too forget for this Nigeria sha 😅

We got Stanley Nwabali and we rode to the AFCON finals albeit defensively, our first game 🆚 EQG wasn't defensive tho. Peseiro wasn't a defensive minded coach before the AFCON, he used what was needed in the tournament after the offensive approach failed in the first game. Our xG in the EQG game was 2.28, a number that didn't repeat itself for any other team till the end of the tournament but we still played a one-all draw.

I for one, know that Peseiro would've continued the AFCON form in the WCQ before trying to find the formula to get the team firing on all cylinders (attacking wise)

See where we dey now. Back to square one. People forget numbers easily, I don't.

All the sexy football analysts will never agree with you, as far as they were concerned, Paseiro was a carpenter!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15
Mujtahida:

Finidi is a quiet man but after his appointment he did media rounds. When I watched his interview on Arisetv, I got a deflated feeling and I lost motivation to watch his other interviews. He did not present the image of a confident man. There's something about the way a man talks that can be telling.

It's easy to say this things now but I wish he had succeeded. I really wished he did.
Did you watch Peseiro speak lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15
Lightning don strike Italy

Euros gimme AFCON vibes I beg

Modified: Lightning converted to electricity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:09pm On Jun 15
My brother yiu have forgotten he tried that strategy for a team he believed he had to play defensive with during the group game. After that he approached EVERY other game the same way.

Mujtahida:

Who he played the final with is not the issue. All I'm saying is that it was a deliberate decision to try it. And somehow it worked. Just think about it. Telling the players, this is how we will play. Ekong you do this, Bassey you do this, Osimhen you do this. And you say it was not intentional?

It's just like a man toasting many girls and decided to marry one. His toasting them was deliberate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:10pm On Jun 15
yinkeys:

Did you watch Peseiro speak lol
How can you compare a Portuguese who could barely string English sentences together to a Finidi who comes from a country where English is a lingua franca?

Peseiro was never diffident. Another man gave negative vibes in interviews was Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:10pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:
Employing a new coach and not convincing Peseiro to stay was a huge mistake! Man qualified us for the AFCON and took us to the finals, before the loss to Ivory Coast, he had lost only one competitive match - against Guinea-Bissau, but many people are forgetting that the game we lost (🆚 Guinea-Bissau) and the ones we drew in the WCQ 🆚 Lesotho and Rwanda all came from goalkeeper errors. Remove that free kick goal 🆚 Zimbabwe and we have 3 points. We dey too forget for this Nigeria sha 😅

Let me reiterate for those who didn't read my previous comments

THIS IS DISINFORMATION

FINIDI NEVER SAID THOSE THINGS

OSIMHEN ACTED IMPULSIVELY ON FAKE NEWS

and I still maintain he would have been wrong even if Finidi said those things.

Colin Udoh has also confirmed Finidi never said those things. He's spoken to Finidi and Finidi has himself reached out to Osimhen to find out why he couldn't reach out to him directly to confirm if what he heard was true instead of resorting to tantrums.

We shouldn't spread the fake news any further biko.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:12pm On Jun 15
Joebie:
My brother yiu have forgotten he tried that strategy for a team he believed he had to play defensive with during the group game. After that he approached EVERY other game the same way.

My point is that try you mentioned. That decision was not accidental. It was intentional. Just reason through how he came to play that way against the host and you'd see it was deliberate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:14pm On Jun 15
Goke7:

All the sexy football analysts will never agree with you, as far as they were concerned, Paseiro was a carpenter!
And a haramist lol...

Thank God, we've seen what can happen when you change coaches abruptly, not that we didn't know, people just wanted to see attacking tiki taka football, only for a team that was working well as a unit under Peseiro to start running kiti kiti aimlessly all over the pitch and allow Benin to pull a Bayer Leverkusen on them.

Ndidi dey mark Onyedika, Lookman dey intercept Onuachu, Boniface dey defend against Onuachu. Really? I dey laugh but God knows anytime Super Eagles lose a match my mental state dey disorganize. People close to me seff dey gimme like 1 hour before they talk to me after such matches.

We sha move.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:15pm On Jun 15
Mujtahida:

Wahala everywhere,
too bad,

he even posted Osimhen's video .

But by saying he won't watch his national team play and calling their players average on social media won't solve any problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:16pm On Jun 15
lovewins:

Let me reiterate for those who didn't read my previous comments

THIS IS DISINFORMATION

FINIDI NEVER SAID THOSE THINGS

OSIMHEN ACTED IMPULSIVELY ON FAKE NEWS

and I still maintain he would have been wrong even if Finidi said those things.

Colin Udoh has also confirmed Finidi never said those things. He's spoken to Finidi and Finidi has himself reached out to Osimhen to find out why he couldn't reach out to him directly to confirm if what he heard was true instead of resorting to tantrums.

We shouldn't spread the fake news any further biko.
Sharp, you quoted the wrong post tho.

Long live Victor Osimhen 🫡📌
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15
yinkeys:

Peseiro is high on social intelligence
I didn’t rate him tactically but I always said this
He spoke like a politician lol
He hid our problems and stamped his identity on the team when he chose to play 3-4-3 in the second game of Afcon
Hundred percent 💯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:24pm On Jun 15
It was deliberate to approach that game. But the context is playing style. Finding that playing style/identity was accidental.

Mujtahida:

My point is that try you mentioned. That decision was not accidental. It was intentional. Just reason through how he came to play that way against the host and you'd see it was deliberate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 8:28pm On Jun 15
Napoleon55:

What do u disagree on?
That what Osimhen did was unprofessional?
Or that there are better ways he should have handled things?
"that this particular event would disrupt his commitment to the eagles"...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15
Finidi as coach of Brazil can never defeat Benin republic on any pitch..
He should try his luck in a career as an Islamic cleric. He won't be needing any formation to perform

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 8:34pm On Jun 15
femicyrus:
Finidi as coach of Brazil can never defeat Benin republic on any pitch..
He should try his luck in a career as an Islamic cleric. He won't be needing any formation to perform
😂😂😂 reading comments and giggling 🤭. Super eagles 🦅 will fly again have faith and believe you can achieve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:37pm On Jun 15
Emmy450:
"that this particular event would disrupt his commitment to the eagles"...
I said it may.

If he will continue to maintain his commitment, we will find out later.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:

Sharp, you quoted the wrong post tho.

Long live Victor Osimhen 🫡📌
Osimhen will look stupid by now,
and u are shouting long live Osimhen,
for person wey swear another person no go die better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:49pm On Jun 15
TheGoodJoe:

Simple. These boys were not paid bonuses or allowances for years. These boys were not well funded. The boys were put on a very poor pitch that was waterlogged. Simple they were sabotaged. Not quality. They played over 50 games and only won once. Amunike's U20 were quality.

Finito.

This is what amunike made you believe

So the conditions for Bosso, siasia were different? U didn't hear siasia narrate his ordeal with under 20 and 23 recently still with all this he still manage to cough out amazing results but your amun*ke fumbled with the under 20

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On Jun 15
Mujtahida:

Theory. We saw Amunike's output in Tanzania. Did you not see Keshi's output in Mali and Togo.

I doubt Keshi had the paper qualification of Amunike.

Have you ever heard me talk about UEFA coaching this or that? I don't reason theoretically. If you have all the UEFA badges and you can't do it, of what good is the badges? If you don't have the badges and you can do it, why should I worry about the badges.

Think practically. Not all these theories.

You can only say such in a place like this. Just imagine. You mean you know more than the likes of Zidane, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Guardiola, Enrique and the rest who all did their coaching badges.

In Spain, even academy coaches have their UEFA badges.

You are here saying think practically. 😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Jun 15
humility33:

This is what amunike made you believe

So the conditions for Bosso, siasia were different? U didn't hear siasia narrate his ordeal with under 20 and 23 recently still with all this he still manage to cough out amazing results but your amun*ke fumbled with the under 20

Amunike's case was worse because his own challenge went from the starting of the U17 to U20 without allowances. It is not the same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16343) (16344) (16345) (16346) (16347) (16348) (16349) ... (16394) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, MegaStarr(m), lovewins, COOL10(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.