Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12004546 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16344) (16345) (16346) (16347) (16348) (16349) (16350) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:
Employing a new coach and not convincing Peseiro to stay was a huge mistake! Man qualified us for the AFCON and took us to the finals, before the loss to Ivory Coast, he had lost only one competitive match - against Guinea-Bissau, but many people are forgetting that the game we lost (πŸ†š Guinea-Bissau) and the ones we drew in the WCQ πŸ†š Lesotho and Rwanda all came from goalkeeper errors. Remove that free kick goal πŸ†š Zimbabwe and we have 3 points. We dey too forget for this Nigeria sha πŸ˜…

We got Stanley Nwabali and we rode to the AFCON finals albeit defensively, our first game πŸ†š EQG wasn't defensive tho. Peseiro wasn't a defensive minded coach before the AFCON, he used what was needed in the tournament after the offensive approach failed in the first game. Our xG in the EQG game was 2.28, a number that didn't repeat itself for any other team till the end of the tournament but we still played a one-all draw.

I for one, know that Peseiro would've continued the AFCON form in the WCQ before trying to find the formula to get the team firing on all cylinders (attacking wise)

See where we dey now. Back to square one. People forget numbers easily, I don't.

All facts.

Infact, with that AFCON form, the boiz would want to do stuff even if pes was bereft.

Nff πŸ”ŠπŸ”Š silent stance is rewarding great form with mediocrity and giving mediocrity time and patience. You carry person go finals. That's enough for continuity. Especially how he got the guys playing their lives out when we know attitude is one big problem for this team in over 2decades. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:58pm On Jun 15
AFCON defending is looking way better than Euros own so far. Im seeing carpentry defending from names every one don't expect such from. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Yeah i know, if they meet, the AFCON team fit chop goals, but consider that the true test of these European teams vs caf teams is that they barely get to see a caf team attack that will expose them so they maintain form in that aspect. One day sha.

Morocco gave hint anyway.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04pm On Jun 15
Diavolo:
There must be something people see in nwakali that makes them think he is the solution to our midfield and I'm trying hard to see it. Club wise awaziem and him are in the same boat playing for relegation threatened teams and barely getting consistent game time but while we all agree awaziem should be dropped,how come we now want nwakali to be invited. If he was any better won't he have made a step up to a better team or league after all this years

In you post your said nothing about his ability or attributes. You said nothing about the gaps in our team or if Kelechi Nwakali has something to offer.

So, you are literally not saying anything with respect to the reason why people like me feel we need Kelechi Nwakali in the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ouzo1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 15
Osimhen no dey ever dey fit wen Dem need am...if Naija do mistake qualify for World cup nw,Him go suddenly dey fit...I don put am for Fraud list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:13pm On Jun 15
Joebie:
I they come with update o. Get ready! lol
I Dey wait 🀣🀣🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Jun 15
TheGoodJoe:

You can only say such in a place like this. Just imagine. You mean you know more than the likes of Zidane, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Guardiola, Enrique and the rest who all did their coaching badges.

In Spain, even academy coaches have their UEFA badges.

You are here saying think practically. πŸ˜‚
The point is not the badge. Omo, see your reasoning. They had the badge. But more important than the badge is the fact that they did it.

What badge did Arigo Sacchi had. All the great coaches who gave us great football, which UEFA badge did they have? Even your famed tiki taka master mind, Johan Cruyff, please tell me what his badges are. Oya answer Cruyff πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Theories don full your head.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:
So Finidi George said he can't beg Victor Osimhen to play for the national team. That's a subtle way of trying to push his loss on Osimhen, knowing fully well that Osimhen was injured over the two fixtures he (Finidi) lost. (My autocorrect just dey change Finidi to finish since 🀣)

Osimhen replied: I have lost every respect I had for Finidi George.
Everybody is trying to make it seem like Osimhen did bad. NO! He didn't!

Everybody knows Osimhen plays his hearts out in the Green White Green colors!
Heck! This man played Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final matches of the AFCON with injury.
What was Finidi thinking?

Finidi said our national team players are not committed. Please did Peseiro force our players to play AFCON with injuries? Peseiro told a tired Frank Onyeka after HT πŸ†š South Africa in the AFCON, you won't play 2nd half, Onyeka said he must play for the badge!

Players that played AFCON finals with injury.
- Williams Troost-Ekong
- Ola Aina
- Victor Osimhen
- Zaidu Sanusi

But they played their hearts out!
Which uncommitted player does that? Walahi, no local coach can coach the Super Eagles! NFF are failing to see how big of a job this is!
Get a world-class coach to coach world-class players and see if he can't instill discipline in the squad without causing bad blood in the back room.
Argentina squad is more like a family, even Morocco here in Africa. We dey carry who dey drag jersey with player coach team.

I have nothing against Osimhen's action, speak up! This was how MohBad kept quiet and may God rest his soul. Finidi George can't coach the Super Eagles! Finito!

Watch all Peseiro's press conferences, he has never blamed a player for a match gone wrong, even when it was obvious it was Uzoho that was a major problem in our team, Peseiro never blamed him for anything. Finidi is just a farmer blaming his tools for a work not done well.
spot onπŸ”₯

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:16pm On Jun 15
BannedLarge:
This osimehn unnecessary reaction is one of the most unprofessional reaction that I have seen in a long time. Even cristiano that reacted similarly did it when his career was over. Osimehn needs serious emotional intelligence even drogba or etoo no para like this after winning one EPL
Story story!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:21pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:

And a haramist lol...

Thank God, we've seen what can happen when you change coaches abruptly, not that we didn't know, people just wanted to see attacking tiki taka football, only for a team that was working well as a unit under Peseiro to start running kiti kiti aimlessly all over the pitch and allow Benin to pull a Bayer Leverkusen on them.

Ndidi dey mark Onyedika, Lookman dey intercept Onuachu, Boniface dey defend against Onuachu. Really? I dey laugh but God knows anytime Super Eagles lose a match my mental state dey disorganize. People close to me seff dey gimme like 1 hour before they talk to me after such matches.

We sha move.

The painful thing is that we will never learn and keep repeating history over and over again, arrogant nonsense. A new coach will need a series of games to firm up his strategy but we like to form James Bond, ok here we are. Make we dey deceive ourselves we will win the next 5 games with a new coach starting all over again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:21pm On Jun 15
Napoleon55:

Osimhen will look stupid by now,
and u are shouting long live Osimhen,
for person wey swear another person no go die better
grin grin grin
Nothing concern me. This thing he did was part Finidi, part post-AFCON frustration, no be everybody go know, it's something that has been building up and finding an avenue to unleash. How people called him overrated, I knew it'll take one more little push for the guy to do something like this, na easygoing but hot tempered person. Most importantly, na human being.

Jokes aside, the cvrses were not necessary, but that video is the best Osimhen highlight I've ever watched. Shikena.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by beatsbyzibit: 9:23pm On Jun 15

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15
daveP:

All facts.

Infact, with that AFCON form, the boiz would want to do stuff even if pes was bereft.

Nff πŸ”ŠπŸ”Š silent stance is rewarding great form with mediocrity and giving mediocrity time and patience. You carry person go finals. That's enough for continuity. Especially how he got the guys playing their lives out when we know attitude is one big problem for this team in over 2decades. Smh

Funny thing is that they gave him a condition to reach the semifinals, which he surpassed, but clowns will always be clowns.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:27pm On Jun 15
ouzo1:
Osimhen no dey ever dey fit wen Dem need am...if Naija do mistake qualify for World cup nw,Him go suddenly dey fit...I don put am for Fraud list.
Na you he do IG live for.

Finito (according to my oga).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:28pm On Jun 15
daveP:
AFCON defending is looking way better than Euros own so far. Im seeing carpentry defending from names every one don't expect such from. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Yeah i know, if they meet, the AFCON team fit chop goals, but consider that the true test of these European teams vs caf teams is that they barely get to see a caf team attack that will expose them so they maintain form in that aspect. One day sha.

Morocco gave hint anyway.

Euros is yet to kick in full gear, though I saw Spain played some nice football today, that Lamine guy na baller

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:30pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:

Funny thing is that they gave him a condition to reach the semifinals, which he surpassed, but clowns will always be clowns.

we have all forgotten we never gave the team chance sef at Afcon, we reach final dey find sexy football all of a sudden grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:32pm On Jun 15
Mujtahida:

The point is not the badge. Omo, see your reasoning. They had the badge. But more important than the badge is the fact that they did it.

What badge did Arigo Sacchi had. All the great coaches who gave us great football, which UEFA badge did they have? Even your famed tiki taka master mind, Johan Cruyff, please tell me what his badges are. Oya answer Cruyff πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

List modern day coaches without badges. You are talking Cruyff and Sacchi.

Show us this your sharp reasoning how it works in modern day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ouzo1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 15
BankyGee:

Na you he do IG live for.

Finito (according to my oga).

Dem no dey play ball for IG live...make him show workings for Field, no be cho cho cho for IG go carry Naija go world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34pm On Jun 15
Goke7:

Euros is yet to kick in full gear, though I saw Spain played some nice football today, that Lamine guy na baller

Honestly, Lamine showed why he gets so much accolades. He was brilliant.

I was someway really impressed with the Croatians. I see them going far too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:36pm On Jun 15
TheGoodJoe:

Honestly, Lamine showed why he gets so much accolades. He was brilliant.

I was someway really impressed with the Croatians. I see them going far too.

The Croatians were unlucky, they had great chances, hope to see more of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15
Goke7:

The midfield and attacking so far are as expected. But that defending ehn😹😹😹😹

I expect more hilarious defending anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:39pm On Jun 15
One also asks how these Germans do it. Managers younger than expected but players willing to die for them.

Switch to Africa and suddenly, na indaboski bahose and war.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 9:58pm On Jun 15
daveP:
One also asks how these Germans do it. Managers younger than expected but players willing to die for them.

Switch to Africa and suddenly, na indaboski bahose and war.

Nagelsman has coached Bayern Munich, Leipzig, Hoffeinham no be by 39 and 38

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:08pm On Jun 15
grin
Mujtahida:

God forbid the day we play tiki taka. God forbid. May that day never come.

Possession football yes, but you see that tiki taka where players are passing ball kpa, kpa, kpa like robots, God forbid that poison.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 10:13pm On Jun 15
Like seriously
Who be Osimhen self..him don baff

Osimhen was unborn when legends like Finidi George were making Nigeria the talk of world football...in the late 90's and 2000s,

if you introduced yourself in Africa and Europe as a Nigerian, Finidi George was mentioned alongside Okocha, Amokachi, Nwankwo Kanu and co.

They gave us hugs with so much respect, if its in a bar they'd pay for your drinks just for being a fellow Nigerian like Finidi and co that etertained the world with great football.
Finidi was rated as the best number 7 in the world

Osimhen should keep quiet, keep calm and remain focused to get to the level of our greats of yesteryears, otherwise his mouth will lead to ..

You can't insult legends if you want to be one someday

Forget the Super Eagles issue today na NFF I blame
Cos 4 games 1 win 1 Drew and 2 lose not bad compare to Jose Peseiro way chop beating from Portugal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 10:13pm On Jun 15
Everybody seems to be against Victor but finidi garnered the disrespect with his misdeeds and actions. Respect is reciprocal . Only for naija person day force respect πŸ˜‚

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Inansistalking: 10:16pm On Jun 15
Join hottest football whatsapp group where we discuss football, chats, latest news, livescores and make new friends. Chat to be added: 08068009915
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:17pm On Jun 15
If I be finidi assistant,na curse I go Dey curse am by now say who send am resign

Me wey don jubilate say I don c better job with wife,kan Dey jobless again πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:18pm On Jun 15
Napoleon55:

The issue here is not about NFF and coaches inviting injured players,
it's Osimhen's unprofessionalim in handling his displeasure towards those who questioned his dedication through unguarded emotional outburst,
don't get wrong.

This is where you and lovewins get it wrong..

From what Osimhen was saying he was talking about injuries and the NFF.

Nothing unprofessional in the way he handled it.

The issue is 100% about the NFF and coaches inviting injured players..

Osimhen said which m*****f**** came to see him when he was injured...

You and lovewins are the ones getting it wrong and trying your best to protect NFF..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 10:34pm On Jun 15
How many of you saw finidi glaringly fighting for a jersey with Moses Simon at the Portugal πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Ή game.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Little surprise Osimhen spoke to him like this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:59pm On Jun 15
Mujtahida:

What badge did Arigo Sacchi had. All the great coaches who gave us great football, which UEFA badge did they have? Even your famed tiki taka master mind, Johan Cruyff, please tell me what his badges are. Oya answer Cruyff

Neville has a coaching badge but we know how it ended with Valencia. Rooney, Gerard and Lampard are examples too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:24pm On Jun 15
We are going to the World Cup. Make una chill out!

Before AFCON una dey abuse Peserio oo.

The boy that would send Ndidi packing from the National team if he doesn't up his game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15
mostob:
Neville has a coaching badge but we know how it ended with Valencia. Rooney, Gerard and Lampard are examples too.

Neville was outclassed by coaches with badges, so it does not change the point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16344) (16345) (16346) (16347) (16348) (16349) (16350) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, lovewins and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.