Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,823 members, 7,972,953 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12567182 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16629) (16630) (16631) (16632) (16633) (16634) (16635) ... (16779) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:16am On Sep 09
CaptainStephen:
Not surprised, i was in Pakistan for a training course and decided to see outside our training area only to hear some guys blasting Osita Osadebay music one Sunday morning.
They even told me they have many Nigerians in Afghanistan who come to buy goods.

Omo
Our people are everywhere
Lol!!
As long as money go come out, nothing do us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:18am On Sep 09
zicky:
i think the assistants selected were spot on, away from the usual Amokaches and yobos people with no coaching pedigree.

Completely agree
These guys have hands on experience

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 6:55am On Sep 09
lbrichman2:

Omo
Our people are everywhere
Lol!!
As long as money go come out, nothing do us
Nigerians dey everywhere, such a blessed nation but you know the rest sha cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 7:20am On Sep 09
Maduka Okoye should start the Rwanda match

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:27am On Sep 09
SamueItem337:

Coach Eguaveon, is that you? cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:45am On Sep 09
lbrichman2:

Wow that's true
I wasn't even thinking of our qualifiers
Thanks for the reminders
But I really want to see okoye

Maybe we should pound Rwanda 3:0 first half, then bring in Okoye for Nwabili second half
Abi how you see am?

It won't be bad if Okoye starts.... Nwabali is amazing and all that, but Okoye's form at Udinese as shown that he can also man the post for us again... he needs to be blooded back into the team as soon as possible...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by henry4govt: 7:50am On Sep 09
If anybody wan watch the Match between Nigeria and Rwanda, Message me to connect you on IPTV, free trial available, all worldwide tv channels and movie's.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:55am On Sep 09
TheSuperNerd:

5 yrs interim contract??!!!!! Interim for 5 yrs!!!

As my client come dey panic due to Eguavon performance, I have to assure him na. I'm just a lawyer oo, not a miracle worker. 😏😏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 7demons: 7:57am On Sep 09
Can Nigeria still qualify for World Cup 2026? 

Yes, Nigeria can still reach the finals to be staged across the United States, Canada and Mexico. All is not lost just yet, although there is a fast-closing window of opportunity.

The Super Eagles lie fifth in the six-team Group C on three points. On the face of it, that's a dismal state of affairs, but they are only four points behind second-place South Africa. In turn, Bafana Bafana are only behind leaders Rwanda on goal difference.

Nigeria have six games remaining to turn the ship around, with teams playing one another home and away during the group phase.

The winners of CAF's nine groups qualify automatically for the World Cup, with the four best runners-up entering the playoff route.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:58am On Sep 09
TheSuperNerd:

Fidelis Ilechukwu. Reigning NPFL Champion Coach. A bright coaching mind from the local scenes since his MFM days. He coached Stephen Odey when the lad took the NPFL by storm before the boy went to Europe and even featured in the UCL at some point scoring against Liverpool in the colors of Genk back in 2019.

We should take our football serious. We have people who are endowed with the potential. See such a huge industry should not be in the hands of the government. Private investors should be allowed to take over this clubs and run it as businesses so that what is happening in the entertainment industry can spread to the football industry.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:01am On Sep 09
lexyman:

grin grin grin grin grin see description , i think say na @elyte89 you want talk about......our future SE coach
Thank you for assuring my client. He is feeling despondent due to Eguavon's performance and seeing some of his supporters like charlesemeka85 praising Eguavoen made him to start panicking. It's good that we still have people like you rooting for him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:05am On Sep 09
Wahala dey oo. The more Eguavoen performs, the more my client feels that his prospect of landing this job as Eagle's gaffer is getting dim.

So is it that Eguavoen should not perform? As for me I want Eguavoen to perform, I still want my client to get the job. I'm in a dilemma.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:09am On Sep 09
Meliforme:

He has never played in the manner he did against Benin.
How is this difficult to see.

How are you even arguing this.
Ademola played like he was on drugs against Cameroun at the last AFCON in January. In fact this is like the third match he's putting in this kind of shift.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 7demons: 8:10am On Sep 09
Super Eagles schedule

Date Competition Match. September7. AFCON QualifyingNigeria vs. Benin.

September10 AFCON Qualifying Rwanda vs Nigeria.

AFCON Qualifying Nigeria vs. Libya October6.

Return Leg: AFCON Qualifying Libya vs. Nigeria October14.

November10 AFCON Qualifying Benin vs Nigeria.

November18 AFCON QualifyingNigeria vs Rwanda.
March17, 2025 World Cup Qualifying Rwanda vs Nigeria

March,24 2025 World Cup Qualifying Nigeria vs Zimbabwe

September,1 2025 World Cup Qualifying Nigeria vs Rwanda

September, 8 2025 World Cup Qualifying South Africa vs Nigeria

October, 6 2025 World Cup Qualifying Lesotho vs Nigeria.

October, 13 2025 World Cup Qualifying Nigeria vs. Benin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 7demons: 8:13am On Sep 09
How many African teams will qualify for 2026 World Cup?

Nine African teams are guaranteed a spot at the 2026 World Cup, with the possibility of a 10th taking part.

After the nine group winners from  CAF qualification progress automatically, the four best runners-up will contest a playoff to decide which team advances to the inter-confederation eliminator round.

One representative from each confederation, except for UEFA and with two from CONCACAF as the host federation, will contest the six-team playoff.

The two highest-ranked teams according to FIFA's world rankings will be seeded for the playoff, which will decide the final two qualifiers for the World Cup.

The seeded teams will face the winners of two semifinals featuring the four unseeded teams for a place at the tournament.

CC: Sporting News.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:17am On Sep 09
Nomyth:
This win is a huge psychological victory for the Eagles, they have learnt how to win again.

Hopefully, this will help get the WCQ back on track.
The clip that humility33 provided showing Eguavoen saying that he asked the players to remember that just January here, they almost won the AFCON, that what happened to them is like telling them to remember who they are.

Sometimes it's not just formation. It's mentality. That's the magic that does it for Real Madrid in the Champion's league. They approach each final with the mentality that the cup belongs to them. Even if you are winning them, they fight until that mentality prevails.

Our Eagles must believe and know that they are champions. Ademola is on that wave now. Osimhen has always been on that wave. The rest of the team must get on board that mentality. The mentality of seeing, believing and knowing that they are champions will make them invincible. It will give them an aura that will strike fear into our opponents.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:19am On Sep 09
mekabuachi:
I don't know why South Africa keep trolling us on Facebook with our current stand on the wcq table

These people sef🤦
In sha Allah, we are coming.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:50am On Sep 09
Mujtahida:
My full respect to Frank the Tank. That guy is an untamed horse.

Why do I say this? See ehn, you guys saw Ndidi panting yesterday calling to be subbed but this was the role and burden Frank carried stoutly throughout AFCON without gassing out.

I hail Ndidi but shout out to Frank the armoured Tank.
But Ndidi was well known to be of very good stamina if I'm not mistaken. What could be the cause.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:02am On Sep 09
Goke7:

He’s not called the tank for nothing, person wey paseiro wan sub for Afcon but insisted to continue to play, that guy na jet engine
Did onyeka actually play that day? You guys should check well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 9:04am On Sep 09
7demons:
Can Nigeria still qualify for World Cup 2026? 

Yes, Nigeria can still reach the finals to be staged across the United States, Canada and Mexico. All is not lost just yet, although there is a fast-closing window of opportunity.

The Super Eagles lie fifth in the six-team Group C on three points. On the face of it, that's a dismal state of affairs, but they are only four points behind second-place South Africa. In turn, Bafana Bafana are only behind leaders Rwanda on goal difference.

Nigeria have six games remaining to turn the ship around, with teams playing one another home and away during the group phase.

The winners of CAF's nine groups qualify automatically for the World Cup, with the four best runners-up entering the playoff route.

you mean if we finish second in the group, we qualify for play offs?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:11am On Sep 09
7demons:

Super Eagles schedule

Date Competition Match. September7. AFCON QualifyingNigeria vs. Benin.

September10 AFCON Qualifying Rwanda vs Nigeria.

AFCON Qualifying Nigeria vs. Libya October6.

Return Leg: AFCON Qualifying Libya vs. Nigeria October14.

November10 AFCON Qualifying Benin vs Nigeria.

November18 AFCON QualifyingNigeria vs Rwanda.
March17, 2025 World Cup Qualifying Rwanda vs Nigeria

March,24 2025 World Cup Qualifying Nigeria vs Zimbabwe

September,1 2025 World Cup Qualifying Nigeria vs Rwanda

September, 8 2025 World Cup Qualifying South Africa vs Nigeria

October, 6 2025 World Cup Qualifying Lesotho vs Nigeria.

October, 13 2025 World Cup Qualifying Nigeria vs. Benin.

We need to wrap up this Afcon qualification with Libya by winning both home and away matches. Then use the rematch against Benin and Rwanda to invite some new guys in europe and some foreign born players willing to play for us...like integrate them into the team.

We really need to start recruiting new players too to cover up the defense and wings

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parizz: 9:45am On Sep 09
mostob is a kangaroo. He is calling for international break to be scrapped but he will come here and anticipate super eagles matches

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18am On Sep 09
Danielnino00:

It won't be bad if Okoye starts.... Nwabali is amazing and all that, but Okoye's form at Udinese as shown that he can also man the post for us again... he needs to be blooded back into the team as soon as possible...

There is no need dropping Nwabali after a clean sheet. He only gets dropped if he fumbles.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23am On Sep 09
SamueItem337:

There is no ground to drop Nwabali, after such save he pulled for us in the last game.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:26am On Sep 09
He only gets dropped if he fumbles "repeatedly". That's the key word.

Okoye is doing well at Udinese and we are happy but Nwabali remains #1 especially after his Afcon performance and continued good form in the SA PSL.

Nwabali has established great synergy with the Backline and is more adaptable and this is something Okoye hasn't achieved just yet despite being #1 at Afcon 2021.

Also, while both GKs are mentally strong, Nwabali edges mentally for now. He has the confidence and trust of his NT defenders.

Nwabali's Mentality profile and confidence spills over into Penalties as well. He has a way of getting into the opponents' heads in spotkick situations. Seen him do it in the SA PSL and we saw it at the Afcon too. Okoye can't top that for the time being.

Key words = "time being"

TheGoodJoe:

There is no need dropping Nwabali after a clean sheet. He only gets dropped if he fumbles.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 10:36am On Sep 09
TheGoodJoe:

There is no ground to drop Nwabali, after such save he pulled for us in the last game.
I Am not saying Nwabali should be dropped
Just a kind of rotation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 10:59am On Sep 09
Mujtahida:

The clip that humility33 provided showing Eguavoen saying that he asked the players to remember that just January here, they almost won the AFCON, that what happened to them is like telling to remember who they are.

Sometimes it's not just formation. It's mentality. That's the magic that does it for Real Madrid in the Champion's league. They approach each final with the mentality that the cup belongs to them. Even if you are winning them, they fight until that mentality prevails.

Our Eagles must believe and know that they are champions. Ademola is on that wave now. Osimhen has always been on that wave. The rest of the team must get on board that mentality. The mentality of seeing, believing and knowing that they are champions will make them invincible. It will give them an aura that will strike fear into our opponents.
Aswear mentality is everything!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:09am On Sep 09
Maka shake this table today grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:11am On Sep 09
TheSuperNerd:
He only gets dropped if he fumbles "repeatedly". That's the key word.

Okoye is doing well at Udinese and we are happy but Nwabali remains #1 especially after his Afcon performance and continued good form in the SA PSL.

Nwabali has established great synergy with the Backline and is more adaptable and this is something Okoye hasn't achieved just yet despite being #1 at Afcon 2021.

Also, while both GKs are mentally strong, Nwabali edges mentally for now. He has the confidence and trust of his NT defenders.

Nwabali's Mentality profile and confidence spills over into Penalties as well. He has a way of getting into the opponents' heads in spotkick situations. Seen him do it in the SA PSL and we saw it at the Afcon too. Okoye can't top that for the time being.

Key words = "time being"

What about Victor Eletu. Why is it ac milan did not send him out on loan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:16am On Sep 09
TheSuperNerd:

The way the team came together to celebrate Osimhen's goal was quite the statement. A true show of love and support for their #1 Striker in the face of the transfer debacle with Napoli this past summer. They are a team indeed.

This Benin win may just be the catalyst that changes things going forward. Beat Rwanda on Tuesday and the direction and flow of this team will be much positively different by the time the WCQs resume next year from March 2025.

The Mentality level that saw the team soar at the Afcon against the odds is returning.

I swear. You see this man? Anything you think about am for your mind now na true 😂

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:29am On Sep 09
MetalJigsaw:
But Ndidi was well known to be of very good stamina if I'm not mistaken. What could be the cause.
Yes but on a given match day, a player's energy level may dip depending on a lot of factors. He worked hard. It is not out of place for him to be tired.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:34am On Sep 09
Nwabali should remain in goal, allow him to cement his stay as super eagles number 1 just as Enyeama did….He is better,tested and trusted than the other two in super eagles colors.
AE if you are on this thread pls dont listen to some gamblers that wants you to gamble that position, because of favoritism over a player.
Every serious country will always use their Number 1 especially during crucial qualifiers…not gambling up and down

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16629) (16630) (16631) (16632) (16633) (16634) (16635) ... (16779) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, TheGoodJoe(m), Shegzdave, Diavolo, wayodude(m), Subzerooo, mank1234(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.