Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,584 members, 7,878,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12019226 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) (2913) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
Nigerian Striker Olayinka In Zulte-Waregem’s February Best Player Shortlist
By James Agberebi

Nigerian striker Peter Olayinka has been nominated for Belgian Jupiler (top division) club Zulte-Waregem’s February Player of the Month award.
Zulte-Waregem announced Olayinka’s nomination on their official website on Tuesday.

Olayinka, 22, was shortlisted alongside three other players Hamdi Harbaoui (Tunisia), Sammy Bossut (Belgium) and Johan Bjordal (Norway).

Zulte-Waregem fans are expected to cast their votes for the February Player to the Month from the four shortlisted players.
The Nigerian played all four league games of Zulte-Waregem in February, scoring one goal.

He was the first player to win Zulte-Waregem’s Player of the Month award this season when he won the award in August, 2017.
He has scored seven goals in 22 league appearances for Zulte-Waregem this season.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigerian-striker-olayinka-zulte-waregems-february-best-player-shortlist/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 23 hours 54mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Chief na Arch guardian of the esteemed halls of experience naa.... he must protect the interests of experience at all costs most especially concerning that goalie position.

You cannot blame Chief really... only if Sir Tbaba1234 will make himself available for just one friendly game after which we can make him no.1 in Russia.... sad Tbaba is a world class goalie abi you haven't heard?.... Of course you haven't... it is classified info.

But thing is he is the super educated type and is so busy with top collar jobs... sad So much talent and we cannot have him now until the summer...... cry It is well....

bengine:

Lol..Icon4s just want destroy the boy for everybody eyes..any goalie can really look bad when u upload the goals they concede..

To balance the discussion, it would be nice to see goals Ezenwa has conceded in the last 1year, even the one Spanish tournament npfl went to..

Im neutral regarding this goal keeping issue but the way Oga dey go about it, everybody go loose believe in that boy...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
Yes, you stated that which gave birth to my statement on why it should be on Uzoho alone when we have issues with all the goal keepers available because i initially thought the report expected from the GK trainer was on all the GKs which is to inform Rohr's decision when it comes to positioning the GKs. maybe i confused you with the way i wrote it?

What i am simply saying is "one GK shouldn't have been singled out since he's not the only one needing some brushing up, Alampasu is even there". it makes it look like "preferential treatment" by this action has been picked already and might make the rest or some of them give up already especially the Instagram Alampasu lol. well if Uzoho end up coming out good, then its a risk worth the stress.

And Yes, i don't read everything, once i check the headline and it doesn't interest me, i skip it, not peculiar to me, you might be reading everything but i doubt everyone here does.

TheSuperNerd:
Na so. Reasons giver.... looolll... selective reading is what it is... if you dont read thru news articles how then would you stay informed of certain matters huh? All you will end up doing is asking questions that would have been answered in those articles sometimes... smh...

And if you think the bolded... then why ask the question in the first place? undecided And didn't I take the little time to explain that the Pionetti report was on Uzoho? hian... oga, you are really somehow oooo... why repeating to me what I just told you? Na wa oo

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
realpoacher:

Oga you all should stop complaining about Uzoho's clip. I believe that you of all people should know that you don't judge a keeper by the goals he conceded only as that doesn't tell true picture.

Do you want me to show clips of goals conceded only of top keepers worldwide?... Starting from Jorge Campos, Oliver Kahn, Dida, Casillas, Great Edwin Van Der Saar, Almighty De gea, Neur, Peter Cech,...? All of them, from their goals conceded only, they look amateurish! Every keeper looks incompetent at any goal he concedes... FACT! angry

To judge a keeper from clips, you have to see he saves and goals conceded.

Coming to Uzoho, this is a keeper with 10 clean sheets out of 15 games. You didn't ask for clips of his saves from the cleansheets matches, rather you asked for the goals he conceded and you are judging him from that.

Newsflash,.. I will take a goal keeper who let's in a goal in 1350 minutes of football /divide by 9 goals conceded, which is an average of 150 minutes to the world cup anyday anytime especially when the keeper is a young lad because he can improve on his mistake.

I am terribly disappointed about you and every other adult casting doubts because of the clips of Uzoho posted here. With all your experience and age in watching football, you don't know a good keeper when you see one.

As good as Peter Cech is, I have seen him concede goals that I wonder WTF

I have seen Courtoise conceded goals severally and I wonder where he went AWOL to.

Give the young man a break.

In the whole top 5 leagues in Europe, they are no African keepers in the top flight. It tells you something is wrong somewhere, but not that Africans are not good in terms of goalkeeping... No!.. Rather it tells you that something else apart from ability is wrong.

Yet here is a small boy trying to break barriers to get to the top and all you do instead of acknowledging his efforts so far is to berate him.

I repeat! Give him a break!

We know Icon4s always had preference for experience and to be honest, the gk area needs an experienced capable hand which we lack currently in our national team..but the way he is going about it seems to want to tarnish the young man. Any goal keeper would look bad if u are just looking at goals conceded, let us see his saves and come into conclusion..

While at it, let us do the same thing for Ezenwa and Ajiboye..no need using national team highlights..let us use club side and be on a level playing field..I doubt current npfl is better than a Spanish div3 league..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2018
Go and queue for 2022 world cup late comer

TheSuperNerd:
Manchester United Midfielder Kehinde: I Want To Play For Nigeria At The World Cup?

Manchester United U23 sensation Tosin Kehinde has 'presumably stated' he is good enough to play for the Super Eagles ahead of the World Cup despite the fact he has yet to make his first team debut for the Old Trafford outfit.

And the midfielder has every reason to be hopeful as Alex Iwobi played two matches for Nigeria's senior team against Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon in 2015 prior to his maiden appearance for Arsenal's main team.

Lagos-born Kehinde is inching closer to a competitive debut for United, having trained with the first-teamers this season.

''Of course I’d be elated to play at the World Cup, Playing at any level for Nigeria would bring me pride'' Kehinde supposedly told Soccer Assembly.

''But I believe in myself enough to know i can bring something great to the Super Eagles first team.''

On the chances of the Nigerian team at the 2018 World Cup, the Manchester United number 82 said : ''The Super Eagles have got a great chance at the World Cup.

''We have the youngest average age at the tournament so if we play with audacity, swag and confidence, anything can happen. I’m expecting great things.''

Tosin Kehinde has made ten starts and two substitute appearances for Manchester United's Reserves in the Premier League 2 this season, scoring one goal against Chelsea.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26751

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 107 days 1 hour 56mins to go

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
KevinDein:

Bro Pjanic is Bosnian. I believe it's Rakitic, modric, and Kovacic.
Your point still stands, though. They've got nothing on Mikel, Ndidi, Joel Obi / Onazi cheesy
Thank you for the correction Bro. It's noted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
hismail1:
Why is Orlando Pirates' Emmanuel Daniel not being considered for the Number 1 position in the Super Eagles please?

My man is clubless and has not played football for a long time.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Chief na Arch guardian of the esteemed halls of experience naa.... he must protect the interests of experience at all costs most especially concerning that goalie position.

You cannot blame Chief really... only if Sir Tbaba1234 will make himself available for just one friendly game after which we can make him no.1 in Russia.... sad Tbaba is a world class goalie abi you haven't heard?.... Of course you haven't... it is classified info.

But thing is he is the super educated type and is so busy with top collar jobs... sad So much talent and we cannot have him now until the summer...... cry It is well....

Hahaha, far from world class...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
The list of players invited by coach Gernot Rohr for the friendlies against Poland and Serbia in March will be officially released to the media in Abuja on March 7 at a well publicized event.

- NFF

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ehen.... Berra... ki ta ki bia... na now you land. Honestly, I was expecting you to proceed to tackling Rohr's decision on why he will single out Uzoho alone and another angle to the discussion will be born... wink

And true... this one action (the Pionetti special session and his eventual report) may indeed speak volumes and the list for the march friendlies will speak even mightier volumes... because I suspect Rohr will bring in just Akpeyi, Ezenwa, and Uzoho. And the decision to see who becomes substantive no.1 begins in march for Gernot Rohr even though it seems he is prepping Uzoho for bigger responsibilities. Truth is, those friendlies will see Rohr have to throw in Uzoho again to check what he is preparing. So no guarantees dey yet.
On Ajioboye, maybe... just maybe he has an outside chance if he is named in the provisional squad (whenever that would be released)..

And yeah... for me ooo, I read thru every new article... what I don't read thru to 100% level are comments. I can skip several comments if I like but most certainly not comments containing news info. But news articles are my thing for sure... the banters and discussions are the bonus and fun parts for me.

somehow:
Yes, you stated that which gave birth to my statement on why it should be on Uzoho alone when we have issues with all the goal keepers available because i initially thought the report expected from the GK trainer was on all the GKs which is to inform Rohr's decision when it comes to positioning the GKs. maybe i confused you with the way i wrote it?

What i am simply saying is "one GK shouldn't have been singled out since he's not the only one needing some brushing up, Alampasu is even there". it makes it look like a first choice by this action has been picked already and might make the rest or some of them give up already especially the Instagram Alampasu lol.

And Yes, i don't read everything, once i check the headline and it doesn't interest me, i skip it, not peculiar to me, you might be reading everything but i doubt everyone here does the same.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
tbaba1234:
The list of players invited by coach Gernot Rohr for the friendlies against Poland and Serbia in March will be officially released to the media in Abuja on March 7 at a well publicized event.

- NFF
Already we know quite a good number.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hyan-yan-yan-yan-ya. Tbaba1234 abeg when the video of Uzoho's last game comes out, post it here for us to see Jare. And remember I also requested for highlights of some of the games he kept clean sheet.

Anybody wey dey vex, I dey my house, make him come beat me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Lol..the problem I have is the experienced gk in our current national team are not even great and they are not even exposed to the level of game required from a goalie at the world cup...any goalie he picks would be our best risk as you have rightly said...

I do really trust Rohr to pick the best, nothing has indicated he is biased just like our Nigerian coaches..but he seems to gravitate towards younger players..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

Hahaha, far from world class...

Ignore this comment my country men... He is just being overly modest... Well Sir Tbaba1234, news reaching me says you are now our no.1 for Russia. Uzoho is being prepped for no.2 role while Akpeyi and Ezenwa will battle it out for no 3

Congratulations Sire... A most hard decision for Rohr but tough times calls for tough decisions... grin wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
Icon4s:
Hyan-yan-yan-yan-ya. Tbaba1234 abeg when the video of Uzoho's last game comes out, post it here for us to see Jare. And remember I also requested for highlights of some of the games he kept clean sheet.

Chaaaaaaiiiiiii.... Chief no send anybody feelings ooooo.... Hahahahahahahahaha.... Ohhh don't worry... Popeye is coming for you!! angry

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
Icon4s:

We go riot for your house sir..just kidding..I'm all for objectivity regarding all our goalies..the way things are, they all have equal chance..

Ezenwa might not even play the friendlies cos of his injuries, I doubt he is fully recovered..knee injuries no dey go easily like that..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
bengine:

We go riot for your house sir..just kidding..I'm all for objectivity regarding all our goalies..the way things are, they all have equal chance..

Ezenwa might not even play the friendlies cos of his injuries, I doubt he is fully recovered..knee injuries no dey go easily like that..

Ezenwa said he will be back in the first or second week of March.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2018
Well I eventually raised it hehehe.

He mentioned 5 GKs but preferential treatment given to just one. E no good na.

See Alampasu suffering with no hope of playing first team football. BTW, can't Alampasu get a loan deal? What was he doing when his mates were busy moving in January? Can't he find some U21 clubs to join? He's tall and has the posture of a GK.. he shouldn't be wasting away o.

After worldcup, we're surely going to be having enough U25 goal keepers with experience and if I were him, I would have started the journey yesterday.
TheSuperNerd:
Ehen.... Berra... ki ta ki bia... na now you land. Honestly, I was expecting you to proceed to tackling Rohr's decision on why he will single out Uzoho alone and another angle to the discussion will be born... wink

And true... this one action (the Pionetti special session and his eventual report) may indeed speak volumes and the list for the march friendlies will speak even mightier volumes... because I suspect Rohr will bring in just Akpeyi, Ezenwa, and Uzoho. And the decision to see who becomes substantive no.1 begins in march for Gernot Rohr even though it seems he is prepping Uzoho for bigger responsibilities. Truth is, those friendlies will see Rohr have to throw in Uzoho again to check what he is preparing. So no guarantees dey yet.
On Ajioboye, maybe... just maybe he has an outside chance if he is named in the provisional squad (whenever that would be released)..

And yeah... for me ooo, I read thru every new article... what I don't read thru to 100% level are comments. I can skip several comments if I like but most certainly not comments containing news info. But news articles are my thing for sure... the banters and discussions are the bonus and fun parts for me.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Icon4s:

On my way, where again is your address? tongue tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
realpoacher:

Oga you all should stop complaining about Uzoho's clip. I believe that you of all people should know that you don't judge a keeper by the goals he conceded only as that doesn't tell true picture.

Do you want me to show clips of goals conceded only of top keepers worldwide?... Starting from Jorge Campos, Oliver Kahn, Dida, Casillas, Great Edwin Van Der Saar, Almighty De gea, Neur, Peter Cech,...? All of them, from their goals conceded only, they look amateurish! Every keeper looks incompetent at any goal he concedes... FACT! angry

To judge a keeper from clips, you have to see he saves and goals conceded.

Coming to Uzoho, this is a keeper with 10 clean sheets out of 15 games. You didn't ask for clips of his saves from the cleansheets matches, rather you asked for the goals he conceded and you are judging him from that.

Newsflash,.. I will take a goal keeper who let's in a goal in 1350 minutes of football /divide by 9 goals conceded, which is an average of 150 minutes to the world cup anyday anytime especially when the keeper is a young lad because he can improve on his mistake.

I am terribly disappointed about you and every other adult casting doubts because of the clips of Uzoho posted here. With all your experience and age in watching football, you don't know a good keeper when you see one.

As good as Peter Cech is, I have seen him concede goals that I wonder WTF

I have seen Courtoise conceded goals severally and I wonder where he went AWOL to.

Give the young man a break.

In the whole top 5 leagues in Europe, they are no African keepers in the top flight. It tells you something is wrong somewhere, but not that Africans are not good in terms of goalkeeping... No!.. Rather it tells you that something else apart from ability is wrong.

Yet here is a small boy trying to break barriers to get to the top and all you do instead of acknowledging his efforts so far is to berate him.

I repeat! Give him a break!

May ur days be long. Walk and never to stumble, brothermus

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

That's good news then..I would be curious to see if he would be match fit for the friendlies..I would really like him to get tested in those friendlies..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

Thank you Sir Tbaba1234 for all the videos you post here..sometimes I wonder how you always find those videos..

It also seems u are first to report any breaking sport news here even before the news outlet carry it, keep up the good work bro..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
somehow:
Go and queue for 2022 world cup late comer

Please grow up. U must not quote every post. Did u even read that article u quoted before writing that crap up there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2018
somehow:
Well I eventually raised it hehehe.

He mentioned 5 GKs but preferential treatment given to just one. E no good na.

See Alampasu suffering with no hope of playing first team football. BTW, can't Alampasu get a loan deal? What was he doing when his mates were busy moving in January? Can't he find some U21 clubs to join? He's tall and has the posture of a GK.. he shouldn't be wasting away o.

After worldcup, we're surely going to be having enough U25 goal keepers with experience and if I were him, I would have started the journey yesterday.

Alampasu should have at least find a loan deal even in portugese 3rd div..at least we could have use that yardstick to measure between him and Uzoho..not playing at all might have destroyed his chances of making this year's world cup..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Icon4s:

you no give address now incase of some of us wey wan jolificate with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
Wondering too.
bengine:

Alampasu should have at least find a loan deal even in portugese 3rd div..at least we could have use that yardstick to measure between him and Uzoho..not playing at all might have destroyed his chances of making this year's world cup..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
Pls learn some manners "old man"
ChrisKels:

Please grow up. U must not quote every post. Did u even read that article u quoted before writing that crap up there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
@oga chriskels,my chairman, aw far those German boiz na,wc one go dey list to be released on 7th... smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
Osas OKoro is on his way to a club side in Zambia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
Watched Brian Idowu, Aaron Samuel and Fegor Ogude against Avangard Kursk.

Barren draw. Idowu appeared solid, Idowu is a beast going forward but kept leaving spaces behind for swift counter attack from his opponent.

He's quite fast though, so he covered up in some cases. he will be a great asset in the GWG Jersey and will surely perform excellently well if Ogu is on the pitch to cover for him when bursting forward.

I saw why Aaron Samuel ended up a lonee, no bite even with the height.

Fegor and yellow cards are friends. The rawness in his play is like his shadow, follows him about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
elyte89:
@oga chriskels,my chairman, aw far those German boiz na,wc one go dey list to be released on 7th... smiley

Nothing concrete yet till 7th sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
Daninya11:
Osas OKoro is on his way to a club side in Zambia

I hope, he plays as a winger.. Can't defend to save a life

(1) (2) (3) ... (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) (2913) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.