Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,584 members, 7,878,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12019256 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
somehow:
Is Ajiboye no longer with Plateau United?

Ajiboye was playing CHAN

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
True, it skipped my mind.
tbaba1234:

Ajiboye was playing CHAN

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
I doubt that of Alampasu.
Icon79:
Same difference. He hasn't watched Maduka closely either, so that's how he's sending somebody to monitor him. Unlike those two folks, Rohr already knows all the strength and weaknesses of Akpeyi, Ezenwa, and to some extent Alampasu. So I think he's making the right call here.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2018
Opens the door to see what's going on in the house

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
Epic for Joel Obi

On a quiet Sunday night...you left on a machine invented by the Wright brothers..terminus ad quem, Guisseppe Meazza...in a little time, a certain Mourinho ,eagle eyed, saw your precociousness,placed you on" A" list of that team that broke away from Milan team saying,

"This wonderful night bestows us with colours of crest,black and azure[blue]...it shall be called International because we are brothers of the world"

At a stage ,you and countryman Nwankwo Obiorah were first teamers...you constantly benched Philppe Coutinho...but muscles and the elements conspired to hit you from time to time..they sent you to Parma...back to San Siro...finally Torino saw the gem,overlooking your injuries and bought you.. Today,the stars have aligned for you..you have conquered the elements....you shall match with the green white green to Putin s den...you a part of a jigsaw set to enchant le monde like the German blitzkrieg with strenght,pace and skill....the stage is set...tickets have been bought...televisions are ready...heaven is merciful...your time is here.....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
gamaliel9:
Epic for Joel Obi

On a quiet Sunday night...you left on a machine invented by the Wright brothers..terminus ad quem, Guisseppe Meazza...in a little time, a certain Mourinho ,eagle eyed, saw your precociousness,placed you on" A" list of that team that broke away from Milan team saying,

"This wonderful night bestows us with colours of crest,black and azure[blue]...it shall be called International because we are brothers of the world"

At a stage ,you and countryman Nwankwo Obiorah were first teamers...you constantly benched Philppe Coutinho...but muscles and the elements conspired to hit you from time to time..they sent you to Parma...back to San Siro...finally Torino saw the gem,overlooking your injuries and bought you.. Today,the stars have aligned for you..you have conquered the elements....you shall match with the green white green to Putin s den...you a part of a jigsaw set to enchant le monde like the German blitzkrieg with strenght,pace and skill....the stage is set...tickets have been bought...televisions are ready...heaven is merciful...your time is here.....
Amen, I destroy every attempt by injury to stop Joel obi IJN.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
Joel's coming might lead to a midfielder or winger been dropped if he makes the final 23.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Joel's coming might lead to a midfielder or winger been dropped if he makes the final 23.

definitely a DM will be dropped ... Ogu and Onazi should seat up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2018
lexyman:

Let's see how things go boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
lexyman:

Onazi will definitely be on d plane to Russia... Its either of Agu and Ogu that will be dropped for Joel(if he impresses).. Etebo might not be great when he plays the AMF role but he is an utility player whom Rohr rates highly.

Anyway... the March friendlies are just 24 days away.... Let's wait and see ..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
Danielnino00:

Onazi will definitely be on d plane to Russia... Its either of Agu and Ogu that will be dropped for Joel(if he impresses).. Etebo might not be great when he plays the AMF role but he is an utility player whom Rohr rates highly.

Anyway... the March friendlies are just 24 days away.... Let's wait and see ..

I don't mind if Agu or Etebo is dropped for Joel Obi, I don't rate the two highly, especially the former.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:44am On Feb 28, 2018
Uhmmmm... Icon79 Sir.... Fatau Dauda is a Ghanaian international.... wink So any from that list except him of course .. grin

Icon79:
And this brings me back to the questions, why hasn't any of these goalkeepers been given a tryout with the Super Eagles? The way things work in Nigeria is bizarre. I heard that Ezenwa is not even the first choice goalkeeper in this team. Hence, if he isn't the best goalkeeper in his team, how in the world did he become the Super Eagles keeper?

Why haven't Alloy Agu, Salisu Yusuf, and the other home based SE coaches taken the time to monitor the national league and pick out the best two goalkeepers in NPFL? There's no doubt in my mind that Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are NOT the best goalkeepers in Nigeria.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2018
Young Eintracht Frankfurt LB Deji Beyreuther : I Model My Game After David Alaba

Young Eintracht Frankfurt left-back Deji Beyreuther is making inroads at the Bundesliga club and is poised to make his first-team debut sooner rather than later.
The 18-year-old was a non-playing substitute when the first team tackled Mainz and Schweinfurt 05 in the league and cup respectively back in October 2017.

Deji's leadership qualities should be taken note of as he skippered Eintracht Frankfurt U19s in the A-Junioren Bundesliga Süd/Südwest games against FC Augsburg and SC Freiburg this month.

In a brief chat with allnigeriasoccer.com , Deji said: ''My father is from Nigeria, my mother is German. Nobody has contacted me from Germany or Nigerian to play for their national teams. I played for FSV Frankfurt before I joined Eintracht Frankfurt.

''I am a left-back. I model my game after David Alaba, I want to play the same way he plays. ''

Deji Beyreuther was delighted to sign a professional contract with Eintracht Frankfurt earlier in the season, saying : ''I signed a professional contract last year, it will expire in 2021.''

The offensive left-back has been directly involved in seven goals (3 goals, 4 assists) in 21 appearances for Eintracht Frankfurt U19s since his debut.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26756

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 15 hours to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:54am On Feb 28, 2018
WC Opponent Watch

Iran Coach Queiroz: Messi Not Human, Should Be Banned From World Cup

Iran manager, Carlos Queiroz, claims Argentine captain, Lionel Messi is not human and should not be allowed to take part in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia this summer.

Queiroz, who has Portuguese heritage like Messi’s rival Cristiano Ronaldo, is poised to lead Iran to their second World Cup finals in Russia.
Iran will face Spain, Portugal and Morocco in Group B at the Russia 2018 World Cup while Nigeria will face Messi’s Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.
The former Portuguese manager told FIFA at the two-day Team Seminar in Sochi, Russia on Tuesday that five time Ballon d ‘Or winner can punish a momentary lapse in concentration.

“I’ve always said that Messi is an extraordinary player. He’s out of this world. If he were human, he wouldn’t have had that magical moment in that match (Argentina beat Iran in the group phase with a late Messi goal),” Queiroz told FIFA.com referring to Iran’s 1-0 loss to Argentina at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

“I don’t usually like losing, but I didn’t come away from that defeat with a negative feeling.

“It’s when something magical like that happens that you know that football is alive and kicking, and that’s why it’s one of the best sports in the world to watch.

“And it’s even more of a special moment when it comes from a player who shouldn’t be allowed to play by FIFA until it’s proven that he’s actually human.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iran-coach-queiroz-messi-not-human-banned-world-cup/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 15 hours 5mins to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01am On Feb 28, 2018
Mikel: Captaining Super Eagles To World Cup A Daunting Challenge

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi has admitted that it is a big challenge leading the three-time African champions at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and Tianjin TEDA in the Chinese Super League.
Mikel, who is set to make his second appearance at the FIFA World Cup, will lead Tianjin TEDA out in his second season in the Chinese Super League as captain this Saturday against Hebei CFFC.

“It is a daunting challenge and I’m looking forward to both teams (Tianjin TEDA and Nigeria) doing well, but now I’m totally focused with Tianjin TEDA” Mikel told sports.163.com .

'It will be a long year for me. Now I have all my energy in Tianjin Teda for the new season, I'll wait until after the start of the World Cup, I will transfer the same to the Nigerian team...
''This year I have been well prepared to deal with the Super League and the World Cup, these two events for the two teams, I will certainly be balanced.

“I am looking forward to Tianjin TEDA achieving good results in the Super League and I also hope that Nigeria can go farther and better in the World Cup.

“The Super League is much more difficult than I thought, but since I came to play in the Super League, they have such a strength as foreign teams as well.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-captaining-super-eagles-world-cup-daunting-challenge/ with some added extracts on same news from ANS.

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 14 hours 57 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:06am On Feb 28, 2018
NFF Inaugurate Okocha, Taribo, Agali Into Technical Study Group

President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick on Tuesday inaugurated the body’s new Audit Committee and the Technical Study Group at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja, the NFF announced in a press release.

Members of the TSG include ex-Super Eagles star Taribo West, Austin Okocha and Victor Agali.

“The Audit Committee will complement the efforts of our external auditors, PriceWaterHouse Coopers, and much is expected of them,” Pinnick said.

Pinnick also declared that the Technical Study Group would function as a committee, collating, analysing and putting at the disposal of the Federation, data and new thinking that can enhance the rapid development of the Nigeria game.

“The Chairman, Alhaji Abba Yola, needs no introduction. He is someone who has seen it all in sports administration and we thank him immensely for accepting to serve Nigerian Football in this capacity. In due course, members of the Technical Study Group will be attached to the various National Teams to impact on those teams.”

On his part, Yola said: “I commend the NFF for coming up with a panel like the Technical Study Group. We will work as a group and with the Technical Committee, and in the interest of all the National Teams, including the U-13.”

NFF General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, urged the committees to route their reports through the proper channels without making public their recommendations, while also thanking them for accepting to serve the nation.

Audit Committee: Sunday Dele-Ajayi (Chairman); Mohammed Alkali (Vice Chairman); Shariff Abdullahi (Member); Abubakar Ladan (Member); Yahuza Adamu (Member); Ayodeji Alabi (Member); Ezra Godit (Member); Ogheneochuko Ambakederemo (Member); Imama Tukur (Member); Isa Matori (Member); Suleiman Tegina (Secretary)

Technical Study Group: Abba Yola (Chairman); Taribo West (Vice Chairman); Bernard Ogbe (Member); Augustine ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha (Member); Tijjani Babangida (Member); Victor Agali (Member); Tunde Adelakun (Member); Adegoke Adelabu (Member); James Peters (Member); Clement Nwankpa (Member); Ibikunle Solaja (Member); Yusuf Dauda (Member); Ubale Yusuf (Member); Sule Gwagwarja (Member); Godwin Enakhena (Member); Mike Idoko (Member); Chukwumah Ubah (Member); Bitrus Bewarang (Secretary)

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/nff-inaugurate-okocha-taribo-agali-technical-study-group/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 14 hours 52 mins to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:34am On Feb 28, 2018
WC Opponents Watch

Lionel Messi meets with FA president as Argentina finalise World Cup plans

Lionel Messi received a visit from Argentina Football Federation (AFA) president Claudio Tapia at his Barcelona home as Argentina finalise their World Cup preparations.

The Albiceleste will use Barcelona's training facilities from June 1 until they travel to Russia on June 8.

Tapia posted a photograph on Twitter of himself sitting alongside the Barcelona superstar, writing: "A beautiful morning chatting, having [caffeine drinks] and with a few presents for our captain of our national team."

The AFA is considering playing a friendly against Catalonia in Barcelona in early June before their World Cup group-stage opener against Iceland on June 16.
Tapia also met with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Monday.

The AFA chief recently spoke of his hope that Messi would play less for Barcelona the remainder of the season so the 30-year-old would arrive at the World Cup in top condition.

Messi has a La Liga-high 22 goals and has set up 12 more in 25 league appearances -- with all but one start -- for the league leaders.

Barca, seven points clear of Atletico Madrid, will face Las Palmas away on Thursday before squaring off against Atletico on Sunday at the Camp Nou.
"It's difficult to imagine this Barca losing four or five games, honestly," Atletico's Uruguay defender Diego Godin told Cadena Ser radio. "Barcelona are in spectacular form. We just have to win our games. Messi really does what he wants and when he wants. When you have a player like him in a team, it's very difficult to stop him."

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/argentina/story/3399957/lionel-messi-meets-with-fa-president-as-argentina-finalise-world-cup-plans?device=featurephone

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 14 hours to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:37am On Feb 28, 2018
Sarenren Bazee back in full team training..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 4:41am On Feb 28, 2018
tbaba1234:
Sarenren Bazee back in full team training..

This guy has been injured almost all season...can he really get into full stride b4 the end of the season..he is one of those guys I would have loved to see at the upcoming friendlies but his chance of making the WC party is almost nonexistent now..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:27am On Feb 28, 2018
bengine:

This guy has been injured almost all season...can he really get into full stride b4 the end of the season..he is one of those guys I would have loved to see at the upcoming friendlies but his chance of making the WC party is almost nonexistent now..

It might be a little late.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:00am On Feb 28, 2018
tbaba1234:
Eagles’ Goalkeeping Crisis: Rohr sends Trabelsi to monitor Maduka Okoye

In a bid to make sure the Super Eagles are strong and ready to compete on all fronts at the World Cup on Russia, Coach Gernot Rohr has sent his assistant, Nabil Trabelsi to monitor the performance of Fortuna Dusseldorf shot-stopper, Maduka Okeye with the aim of keeping the 18-year-old as a backup if the need arises.

AOIFootball.com can authoritatively report that the Franco-German is keen on selecting the best hands for the nation, with him wanting a stiffer competition for current number one Ikechukwu Ezenwa who has been deputizing well since the absence of Carl Ikeme last year.

Rohr had already sent goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pionetti to Spain to monitor Deportivo de la Coruna shot-stopper Francis Uzoho ahead of the friendly matches against Poland and Serbia.

However, Maduka is not expected to be named in the Eagles’ squad for next month’s friendly as the NFF are yet to make a formal approach for the German-born goalkeeper.

Similarly, Chippa United goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi is expected to be handed another chance to impress the Super Eagles’ coaches after his dismal outing in the last game against Argentina.

http://aoifootball.com/2018/02/27/eagles-goalkeeping-crisis-rohr-sends-trabelsi-to-monitor-maduka-okoye/
I do not understand what is really going on with this goalkeeping issue and with this news am really confused cos it seems Rohr doesn't rate the likes of Ezenwa, Ajiboye and Alampasu,for God sake sending a coach to monitor Maduka as back up?for who?Uzoho another rookie or Akpeyi.

I think time to tell Rohr to concentrate and work with what is available,monitoring Maduka shows something is amiss for considering a keeper of that status,honestly my fear is increasing daily,yesterday clips on Uzoho wasn't encouraging and now Maduka.

I can bet it with anyone if care is not taken the goalkeeping issue would be our greatest obstacle at WC,going for Maduka as backup,a regional league keeper equivalent of division four and always in and out of the team and keeping for U 18 team is out of it.A fifth rated keeper at Fortuna Dusseldorf,No eagles doesn't deserve this no matter the situation.

But am really surprised that some were praising this development,NO.We should be realistic on some issues and call a spade a spade,enough of this charade on goalkeeping.

I think some see Rohr as a tin god and anything he does is right,surprising seeing guys suggesting lifetime contract for him,easy my people,his only achievement so far is WC qualification which is commendable but not new to Nigeria fans.

A well convincing performance at WC is the key to his rating not even necessary to reach quarter final but over all performance of the team at WC would determines his stay as Eagles coach,forget recent contract extension,super eagles's job is one of the toughest in the world when coach failed to meet up with fans expectations.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:
I was thinking of the exact same thing as I watched the games this past weekend. Frankly, I would start exploring that option if I were Mr. Pinnick. FACT: You can't win the world cup without a solid goalkeeper. Offence wins matches but defense wins tournaments. And the goalkeeper is your last line of defense.

O pari

Lovely comment

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Mikel: Captaining Super Eagles To World Cup A Daunting Challenge

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi has admitted that it is a big challenge leading the three-time African champions at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and Tianjin TEDA in the Chinese Super League.
Mikel, who is set to make his second appearance at the FIFA World Cup, will lead Tianjin TEDA out in his second season in the Chinese Super League as captain this Saturday against Hebei CFFC.

“It is a daunting challenge and I’m looking forward to both teams (Tianjin TEDA and Nigeria) doing well, but now I’m totally focused with Tianjin TEDA” Mikel told sports.163.com .

'It will be a long year for me. Now I have all my energy in Tianjin Teda for the new season, I'll wait until after the start of the World Cup, I will transfer the same to the Nigerian team...
''This year I have been well prepared to deal with the Super League and the World Cup, these two events for the two teams, I will certainly be balanced.

“I am looking forward to Tianjin TEDA achieving good results in the Super League and I also hope that Nigeria can go farther and better in the World Cup.

“The Super League is much more difficult than I thought, but since I came to play in the Super League, they have such a strength as foreign teams as well.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-captaining-super-eagles-world-cup-daunting-challenge/ with some added extracts on same news from ANS.

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 14 hours 57 mins to go
Baba Ibeji dey talk,skippo of skippos,the new big boss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Wahala dey
My man this one pass Wahala.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:22am On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:
Uzohor was "singled out" because unlike Ezenwa, Akpeyi, and even Alampasu, Rohrs hasn't had a chance to work with him closely. However, since he showed promise in the friendly match, Rohr made a good decision by sending his assistant to give him a real tryout to determine whether he's the true deal. In addition, we don't have the resources to assign personal trainers to all the goalkeepers at the same time .... we only have one real goalkeeper trainer.

O pari

....don't let Alloy Agu hear this(we only have one real goalkeeper trainer)but another coach is being sent to monitor Maduka?are they saying better to be keeping in youth team than be in main team as a youth player,this is unfair to Dele Alampasu.

Modified..... Just heard that Enrico would visit Alampasu too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:26am On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:
And this brings me back to the questions, why hasn't any of these goalkeepers been given a tryout with the Super Eagles? The way things work in Nigeria is bizarre. I heard that Ezenwa is not even the first choice goalkeeper in this team. Hence, if he isn't the best goalkeeper in his team, how in the world did he become the Super Eagles keeper?

Why haven't Alloy Agu, Salisu Yusuf, and the other home based SE coaches taken the time to monitor the national league and pick out the best two goalkeepers in NPFL? There's no doubt in my mind that Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are NOT the best goalkeepers in Nigeria.

O pari

I think Ezenwa and Ajiboye just returned after CHAN and Ezenwa is injured right now and new at Enyimba but truth be told it would not be easy for him to displace Fataou Dauda.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2018
tbaba1234:

Ezenwa said he will be back in the first or second week of March.
I think Eagles medical team would determined his readiness cos not easy to throw him in for the friendlies,knee injury need time to fully heal to avoid sorry story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:38am On Feb 28, 2018
CaptainStephen:

I pray he benches Mikel Agu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:43am On Feb 28, 2018
Truidstar:

Sir KOG, let them also post YouTube videos of goals conceded by Manuel Neur, Ter Stegen, David de gea, Thibaut Courtois and let us do a side by side analysis.
My man what is my biz with Neur,Stegen,De Gea and Courtios.

My focus is on Uzoho,Ezenwa,Akpeyi,Ajiboye,Alampasu even Maduka and ready to do critical analysis of their performances without been emotive or sentimental

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2018
The Return of Joel is a good and welcome Development. I pray he's injury free and fit enough to be in the starting XI for the Eagles at the Mundial.

I wouldn't mind the Trio of Ndidi, Joel and Mikel Combo at all. Ndidi can be the base, shielding the Defense as a No. 6, doing the Tacklings and dirty Jobs. Joel Obi can play efficiently and effectively as Box2Box Midfielder, simply plays as a No. 8, while Mikel plays a free Role as a No. 10.

The Truth is; I was never sold on Etebo as an AM. I prefer him to be played as a Box2Box Midfielder than a No. 10. He simply can be a backup for Joel, while Onazi also serves as a backup for Ndidi. However, who possibly can be a backup for Mikel?!

Super Eagles should opt for a 3-Man Midfield Combo regardless to the Formation; whether 4 - 3 - 3 or 3 - 5 - 2. Also I prefer Idowu as the first Team LB and Ebuehi as the first Team RB, with Shehu and Aina as Backups respectively - meaning Echiejile is honorably dropped.

On the Goalkeeping Crisis. I think Rohr should have sent Trainers to both Akpeyi and Ezenwa instead of the Rookies. Akpeyi ain't a bad Keeper - for his Club he's superb, hence he should be psyched to get the Confidence of replicating Club forms in GWG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2018
solonnachi:

I pray he benches Mikel Agu
Sir it's about performance cos Joel and Agu are Nigerians,so camp and match performance would be the determinant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2 and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.