Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,627 members, 7,930,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12316112 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) (2916) (2917) (2918) ... (16539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
So the Argies will use Barcelona's training facilities for their preparation? Wow, this is what you call clout!!

Seriously, Argentina would win this World Cup, if the AFA can get their acts together and if the other Argentine super stars show (Dybala, Di Maria, Aguero, Higuin, et al.) show up. But it ain't gonna work if they leave it all for Messi to carry. No one can do it by himself, no one has ever done it by himself ... it takes 11 players.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
WC Opponents Watch

Lionel Messi meets with FA president as Argentina finalise World Cup plans

Lionel Messi received a visit from Argentina Football Federation (AFA) president Claudio Tapia at his Barcelona home as Argentina finalise their World Cup preparations.

The Albiceleste will use Barcelona's training facilities from June 1 until they travel to Russia on June 8.

Tapia posted a photograph on Twitter of himself sitting alongside the Barcelona superstar, writing: "A beautiful morning chatting, having [caffeine drinks] and with a few presents for our captain of our national team."

The AFA is considering playing a friendly against Catalonia in Barcelona in early June before their World Cup group-stage opener against Iceland on June 16.
Tapia also met with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Monday.

The AFA chief recently spoke of his hope that Messi would play less for Barcelona the remainder of the season so the 30-year-old would arrive at the World Cup in top condition.

Messi has a La Liga-high 22 goals and has set up 12 more in 25 league appearances -- with all but one start -- for the league leaders.

Barca, seven points clear of Atletico Madrid, will face Las Palmas away on Thursday before squaring off against Atletico on Sunday at the Camp Nou.
"It's difficult to imagine this Barca losing four or five games, honestly," Atletico's Uruguay defender Diego Godin told Cadena Ser radio. "Barcelona are in spectacular form. We just have to win our games. Messi really does what he wants and when he wants. When you have a player like him in a team, it's very difficult to stop him."

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/argentina/story/3399957/lionel-messi-meets-with-fa-president-as-argentina-finalise-world-cup-plans?device=featurephone

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 14 hours to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
This is very good news. I would really like to see him get an invite, but I doubt it tho sad

O pari

tbaba1234:
Sarenren Bazee back in full team training..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
somehow:
He's got a foreign GK trainer at his club na. psychology is what he needs.

grin

....... but seriously I'm ain't much concerned with the Crisis, cos whoever Rohr picks should be ready to perform convincingly.

Nigerian Fans never forgive and forget, I'm only pitying the Rookies and hope they gonna seize the Chance when they get it.

Aiyenugba ain't bad for his Club, nor is he battling Psychological Problem while repping Naija Color, but he fumbled in a Match....... Nigerians ain't ready to forgive, forget and give him another Chance.

As a Fan, I'm gonna support the Team - regardless to whoever makes the final List, cos I'm a proud Nigerian. I hope they succeed in Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Rohr is now being unfair to Alampasu. KOG45 u are beginning to talk like forgiveness o. U of all people lol

Modified

Ehen thanks for the modification hahaha
Kog45:
....don't let Alloy Agu hear this(we only have one real goalkeeper trainer)but another coach is being sent to monitor Maduka?are they saying better to be keeping in youth team than be in main team as a youth player,this is unfair to Dele Alampasu.

Modified..... Just heard that Enrico would visit Alampasu too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Please ehn.... History also says that Argentina played Israel as their last friendly before their '86 and '90 WC finals proper campaigns began. They won in '86 and were finalists in '90. Abeg, you sabi who dem play last for friendly before 2014 WC? because Argentina, according to some news reports don fix Israel again as last friendly before Russia 2018. Football mystery, superstition or just mere whatever....? *shrugs*.

This is linked to your prediction in Argentina being your no.1 for the WC title in Russia.

Note: Argentina won those friendlies 7-1 and 2-1 in '86 and '90 respectively. Now they fix another with same Israel just before Russia 2018. Abeg who dem play last before Brazil 2014? Lol

Icon79:
So the Argies will use Barcelona's training facilities for their preparation? Wow, this is what you call clout!!

Seriously, Argentina would win this World Cup, if the AFA can get their acts together and if the other Argentine super stars show (Dybala, Di Maria, Aguero, Higuin, et al.) show up. But it ain't gonna work if they leave it all for Messi to carry. No one can do it by himself, no one has ever done it by himself ... it takes 11 players.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
krattoss:
please eehh..I kinda feel bemused when people from the comfort of their home predicts who and what rohr likes and dislikes... like are you his personal adviser??

that was how thegoodjoe insinuated that he didn't forsee rohr inviting Joel obi with reasons like rohr likes multipurpose players, and that rohr likes his midfielders been able to play anywhere mildfield..
But rohr has extended invitation to him against all odds..

nobody here should state authoritatively who rohr likes rates and dislikes because u can never be so sure and u 're surely gonna get dissapointed .

My broda God bless you for what you just said,everybody here dey do like coach while the way dem dey talk about player dey some how,once dem see player wey dem like dem go being mention say rohr rates that person highly,I wonder if they are the personal adviser to rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
andrew444:

My broda God bless you for what you just said,everybody here dey do like coach while the way dem dey talk about player dey some how,once dem see player wey dem like dem go being mention say rohr rates that person highly,I wonder if they are the personal adviser to rohr

Stick to BBC.

Go to forums and see fans proposing players they want their clubs to sign. It is called analysis. That is what we do here. Analyze.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
edi287:

Imagine having the luxury to leave out a striker as talented as Icardi. If we had Icardi, we'd easily make quarter finals. That guy is deadly. Needs to leave Inter

I feel for icardi,it's just that issue with the wife of fellow argentine Maxi Lopez wife
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good post with a couple of caveats:

Has anyone explored the option of Mikel returning back to his old Chelsea role, as a DM destroyer? That would free Ndidi to play the box2box role, and then Iwobi can play in his favorite position - AM. I am making this suggestion based on a few facts:
1. With our style of play - a fast attacking football - Mikel might be a tad too slow to be our offensive linchpin.
2. Our goalkeeping crisis reinforces the need to solidify our defensive end. Mikel can provide a defensive cushion for the back 4 (back 3 whatever).
3. Considering the countries we're up against (Argentina and Croatia in particular), we gonna need a strong defense line to keep them at bay.

On the goalkeeping crisis, I think you guys are mixing up a few things. Rohr did NOT send a personal trainer for Maduka. All he did was to send an assistant to monitor him so they can decide whether Maduka has any potential and deserves an invite. So the man has done anything wrong.

And by the way, I am sticking with my recommendation that the man deserves a lifetime contract. Oya, Kog45 come bite me grin

O pari

Oasis007:
The Return of Joel is a good and welcome Development. I pray he's injury free and fit enough to be in the starting XI for the Eagles at the Mundial.

I wouldn't mind the Trio of Ndidi, Joel and Mikel Combo at all. Ndidi can be the base, shielding the Defense as a No. 6, doing the Tacklings and dirty Jobs. Joel Obi can play efficiently and effectively as Box2Box Midfielder, simply plays as a No. 8, while Mikel plays a free Role as a No. 10.

The Truth is; I was never sold on Etebo as an AM. I prefer him to be played as a Box2Box Midfielder than a No. 10. He simply can be a backup for Joel, while Onazi also serves as a backup for Ndidi. However, who possibly can be a backup for Mikel?!

Super Eagles should opt for a 3-Man Midfield Combo regardless to the Formation; whether 4 - 3 - 3 or 3 - 5 - 2. Also I prefer Idowu as the first Team LB and Ebuehi as the first Team RB, with Shehu and Aina as Backups respectively - meaning Echiejile is honorably dropped.

On the Goalkeeping Crisis. I think Rohr should have sent Trainers to both Akpeyi and Ezenwa instead of the Rookies. Akpeyi ain't a bad Keeper - for his Club he's superb, hence he should be psyched to get the Confidence of replicating Club forms in GWG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Joebie:
Rohr is now being unfair to Alampasu. KOG45 u are beginning to talk like forgiveness o. U of all people lol

Modified

Ehen thanks for the modification hahaha

As how?

Anything wrong if he asks why Alampasu is left out?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Stick to BBC.

Go to forums and see fans proposing players they want their clubs to sign. It is called analysis. That is what we do here. Analyze.

Analyze is a general thing entirely for all football fans,but for someone to say rohr rate this and that just because he like that player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
Amin o. Amin o, my broad!

I don't give a rat a$$ about Argentina, but Messi deserves a World Cup win. Let's keep praying and keep our fingers crossed.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Please ehn.... History also says that Argentina played Israel as their last friendly before their '86 and '90 WC finals proper campaigns began. They won in '86 and were finalists in '90. Abeg, you sabi who dem play last for friendly before 2014 WC? because Argentina, according to some news reports don fix Israel again as last friendly before Russia 2018. Football mystery, superstition or just mere whatever....? *shrugs*.

This is linked to your prediction in Argentina being your no.1 for the WC title in Russia.

Note: Argentina won those friendlies 7-1 and 2-1 in '86 and '90 respectively. Now they fix another with same Israel just before Russia 2018. Abeg who dem play last before Brazil 2014? Lol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
mazimee:

Agu isn't that good , would you pick an Agu over a fit and injury free Joel?

Agu is a fine DMF, you can't get the best out of him when he's played with Onazi and Ndidi.

BTW, Joel and Agu are 2 different players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:

Has anyone explored the option of Mikel returning back to his old Chelsea role, as a DM destroyer? That would free Ndidi to play the box2box role, and then Iwobi can play in his favorite position - AM. I am making this suggestion based on a few facts:
1. With our style of play - a fast attacking football - Mikel might be a tad too slow to be our offensive linchpin.
2. Our goalkeeping crisis reinforces the need to solidify our defensive end. Mikel can provide a defensive cushion for the back 4 (back 3 whatever).
3. Considering the countries we're up against (Argentina and Croatia in particular), we gonna need a strong defense line to keep them at bay.

On the goalkeeping crisis, I think you guys are mixing up a few things. Rohr did NOT send a personal trainer for Maduka. All he did was to send an assistant to monitor him so they can decide whether Maduka has any potential and deserves an invite.

O pari

Honestly I would have suggested Mikel to play as a DM, perhaps deep-lying Playmaker at the Mundial, but I'm scared of being roasted alive....LOL!

Ndidi can't thrive as a B2B Midfielder at the moment. His style of Play makes him a Destroyer not an Ochestrator. Joel Obi is simply the best we've got for the Role for now. He's mobile, skillful and decisive.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
Bros, abeg forgive me, na old age don dey worry me grin

O pari

Icon4s:

Fatau Dauda is a Ghanaian national team goalie naa.

You said you stopped watching youth football but it seems as if you stopped Watching national team football generally.

At least you should remember him from the 2013 AFCON if nothing else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson salutes Sammy Ameobi’s impact
By Gbenga Adewoye, Correspondent

The 25-year-old has had a positive influence on the Trotters since he teamed up with them which impressed his gaffer

Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson has showered encomium on Sammy Ameobi for his impact on the team.

The Anglo-Nigerian who joined the Macron Stadium outfit as a free agent in the summer has scored four goals in 25 appearances amid several eye-catching displays.
Asides his output, the manager disclosed that the former Newcastle United forward is always an inspiration to the rest of the players, on and off the field, which he is counting on when they play host to Preston North End in their next English Championship clash.

“You can see Sammy wants to win,” Parkinson told The Bolton News .
“I’ve had a good chat with him about becoming a bigger influence in the group.
“Obviously because of his talent, players look up to him but more and more in the dressing room he’s one of many geeing the lads up and demanding more, higher standards. That’s the next part of Sammy’s development.
“We need that from everyone. That attitude has been first class and we’ll need it again in what will be a very competitive game against Preston.”

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/bolton-wanderers-boss-phil-parkinson-salutes-sammy-ameobis/12lfqzqetwh1z14atiu6udf4ll

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 106 days 19 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
edi287:

Imagine having the luxury to leave out a striker as talented as Icardi. If we had Icardi, we'd easily make quarter finals. That guy is deadly. Needs to leave Inter

I don't think Icardi has been invited to d Argentina national team for 3 years now... Rumour has it that Messi is behind it.. Cus Icardi dated Maxi Lopez's ex girlfriend...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
andrew444:

I feel for icardi,it's just that issue with the wife of fellow argentine Maxi Lopez wife
Yeah I heard Messi doesn't like him because he's friends with Maxi Lopez.
Funny how rumors are flying of Wada cheating on him with an Inter player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
krattoss:
please eehh..I kinda feel bemused when people from the comfort of their home predicts who and what rohr likes and dislikes... like are you his personal adviser??

that was how thegoodjoe insinuated that he didn't forsee rohr inviting Joel obi with reasons like rohr likes multipurpose players, and that rohr likes his midfielders been able to play anywhere mildfield..
But rohr has extended invitation to him against all odds..

nobody here should state authoritatively who rohr likes rates and dislikes because u can never be so sure and u 're surely gonna get dissapointed .

When did rating a player become the same thing as liking him??
If Rohr doesn't rate Etebo,then why does he keep inviting him why hasn't he dropped him from the team after his woeful display at AMF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

I don't think Icardi has been invited to d Argentina national team for 3 years now... Rumour has it that Messi is behind it.. Cus Icardi dated Maxi Lopez's ex girlfriend...
Yeah. Messi and Maxi are good friends. Can't blame Icardi sha. Maxi Lopez cheated on Wada before Icardi came into the picture
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
KPOM! Let's keep pushing the theory. I think that's what gives us the strongest line up, especially if Onazi is going to start on the bench. Another good news is that Alex Iwobi is improving his energy level and he fit well in AM role. This team is definitely coming together at the right time. I have not been this excited about the World Cup since 1994!

O pari

Oasis007:

Honestly I would have suggested Mikel to play as a DM, perhaps deep-lying Playmaker at the Mundial, but I'm scared of being roasted alive....LOL!

Ndidi can't thrive as a B2B Midfielder at the moment. His style of Play makes him a Destroyer not an Ochestrator. Joel Obi is simply the best we've got for the Role for now. He's mobile, skillful and decisive.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
'nuff respect for Leo, if true.

O pari

Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:

I don't give a rat a$$ about Argentina, but Messi deserves a World Cup win. Let's keep praying and keep our fingers crossed.

O pari

Bia Nwokem.... Me love Messi but if na us him dey face for that WC final ehn.... Omo ehn... Naija all the way. No questions. wink But e be like say u no go support us abi? Abi Sir Icon79.... Just negodu... angry

Where do your allegiance lie sef? With Messi the alien abi na with the Super Eagles? Gi wa eh.... You no even bother about my question sef... Hian..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

garrincha 1962 and maradona 1986 say hi...well seriously these two players largely won the world cup by themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

he won't win it

not now not ever.

probably after Nigeria picks it three times in a row
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
asha80:
garrincha 1962 and maradona 1986 say hi...well seriously these two players largely won the world cup by themselves.
football then was different, attackers dribbled defenders easily on a more consistent basis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
Daejoyoung:

football then was different, attackers dribbled defenders easily on a more consistent basis.
1962 yes but 1986 no..defenders of the 80s and 90s are slower than defenders of now but they were more rugged and ruthless and fifa rules now protected top strikers and midfielders LESS then than now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
Icon79:
KPOM! Let's keep pushing the theory. I think that's what gives us the strongest line up, especially if Onazi is going to start on the bench. Another good news is that Alex Iwobi is improving his energy level and he fit well in AM role. This team is definitely coming together at the right time. I have not been this excited about the World Cup since 1994!

O pari

If I am to be honest with my preferred midfield Combo - not the Combo that would possibly earn me free Likes and Shares on this Thread........ I will certain go with Mikel as the base - deep-lying Playmaker; Joel Obi Box2Box, and Alex Iwobi as attacking Midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Only on Mikel and this fast counter attack talk....

You saw the fast/Super quick passing that led to the Super Eagles' third goal against Argentina abi? You know it was from Ndidi to Iheanacho then to Mikel who found Iwobi, who then found Iheanacho (again) before his last touch rolled into Idowu's path....

Just take a look at that movement. Free flowing quick counter attacking football and it was not just about the movement but about letting the ball do the running too. IT WAS ABOUT THE QUICK PASSING EXCHANGES.

Mikel don't have to run much during a counter attack... All he needs to do is quickly release the ball into the Path OR feet of his younger attacking team mates like Iwobi, Moses, Nacho etc... Mikel is the orchestrator and for him, his role in this team's attacking style is not about his running but about his quick creative passing.

Another example is his quick creative pass to Ighalo to set him on the run for that first goal against Cameroun. Mikel didn't even have to turn and look at Ighalo. He already knew where he was. That is the quickness and speed I speak of. Speed in his brains and not in his feet.

Mikel's genius is key in this system and he has been at the center of it all when Nigeria blew teams away with the system so why semd him to the DM role? undecided Why send our most intelligent and most creative midfield genius to the DM role? Unless you want him to operate as a regista akin to Pirlo? A deep-lying playmaker with a box-to-box partner and then with another partner in the CM role? Well unless that, biko hapu Mikel as the team's CAM... Having him there makes our attacking third delightful to watch and even more fearsome to contain.

Icon79:

On the goalkeeping crisis, I think you guys are mixing up a few things. Rohr did NOT send a personal trainer for Maduka. All he did was to send an assistant to monitor him so they can decide whether Maduka has any potential and deserves an invite. So the man has done anything wrong.

And by the way, I am sticking with my recommendation that the man deserves a lifetime contract. Oya, Kog45 come bite me grin

O pari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
1692 in Nineveh, Costa rica.
maidaboi:
Please who knows the exact date which this match take place INDIA 99 - 1 NIGERIA ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Only on Mikel and this fast counter attack talk....

You saw the fast/Super quick passing that led to the Super Eagles' third goal against Argentina abi? You know it was from Ndidi to Iheanacho then to Mikel who found Iwobi, who then found Iheanacho (again) before his last touch rolled into Idowu's path....

Just take a look at that movement. Free flowing quick counter attacking football and it was not just about the movement but about letting the ball do the running too. IT WAS ABOUT THE QUICK PASSING EXCHANGES.

Mikel don't have to run much during a counter attack... All he needs to do is quickly release the ball into the Path OR feet of his younger attacking team mates like Iwobi, Moses, Nacho etc... Mikel is the orchestrator and for him, his role in this team's attacking style is not about his running but about his quick creative passing.

Another example is his quick creative pass to Ighalo to set him on the run for that first goal against Cameroun. Mikel didn't even have to turn and look at Ighalo. He already knew where he was. That is the quickness and speed I speak of. Speed in his brains and not in his feet.

Mikel's genius is key in this system and he has been at the center of it all when Nigeria blew teams away with the system so why semd him to the DM role? undecided Why send our most intelligent and most creative midfield genius to the DM role? Unless you want him to operate as a regista akin to Pirlo? A deep-lying playmaker with a box-to-box partner and then with another partner in the CM role? Well unless that, biko hapu Mikel as the team's CAM... Having him there makes our attacking third delightful to watch and even more fearsome to contain.

i agree with you on this..quick thinking and release of passes can be deadlier than running with the ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
somehow:
1692 in Nineveh, Costa rica.
Who told you that lie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) (2916) (2917) (2918) ... (16539) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), 123jamessmith, Truidstarr, kingphilip(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.