Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,764 members, 7,875,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001832 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54am On Mar 03, 2018
EX-BARCELONA & DUTCH LEGEND RONALD DE BOER PRAISES EBUEHI : HE'S TALENTED , FAST & INTELLIGENT

Published: March 03, 2018

Former Barcelona attacking midfielder Ronald de Boer had nothing but praise for Nigeria international Tyronne Ebuehi on the back of his impressive showing in ADO Den Haag's goalless draw against Ajax Amsterdam last weekend.

The Benfica bound right back won an individual battle against one of the most promising talents in the world, Justin Kluivert, and the left winger had to be substituted before the end of the contest at Amsterdam ArenA.

''He played in a big stadium, against Ajax, that everyone was watching him. He knew that all the attention was focused on him and survived in a very complicated situation,'' Ronald de Boer told O Jogo.
''It shows his character. It can be a good contract for Benfica, good value and an added value.''

He added : ''He's a very talented kid. He has speed, but he also has intelligence. He was good against Ajax, especially against Kluivert, who is a very technical player.
''I remember just a dribble from Justin. But as he is very fast, Ebuehi managed to recover and lock Justin. We did not see Kluivert during the whole game, so we can say that he did a great job.''

The 22-year-old Ebuehi is in line to be named to Nigeria's 23-man roster for the World Cup and could even be installed as the first choice right-back ahead of Abdullahi Shehu.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2018
komekn:

Okocha took too long to mature and understand that football is not just about playing for the gallery and show boating.

In this regard Mikel brings more value to the team dynamics and delivery.

There were times I preferred a disciplined and delivery focused Oruma to Okocha some may find that notion crazy. But I am unapologetic.
I think you were not alone in the oruma preference. I love oruma style of play to okocha I don't know why, when he missed that last minute pk against Senegal in 2002, I felt bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:16am On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Vincent Enyeama don chop the same goal before.
that's a very poor goalkeeping either from chilavert, Oliver Khan, Buffon or eyeama

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2018
Mujtahida:

That's where I am now: I am at peace.
If not what should one do? I looked right, no solution, looked left, no answer, looked back, no respite, looked front, no deliverance. In such a situation all you need is peace and truly in the depths of my heart I feel we'd do well regardless of this gk wahala.

Hey Bro. Trust you doing fine.

I just sent you a mail concerning that German football development book and would also like to ask that you recommend books I can read about that Psycho called 'Joseph Stalin' all I've had are just hearsays thanks!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:38am On Mar 03, 2018
Whoever ends up in between the sticks for us is OK, even if they commit blunders during the WC, there's seemingly no better choice we could have made from the options that were available.

So, relax.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:44am On Mar 03, 2018
Farzat:
You have started again. You are actually attracting criticism to this young man. Pls allow Kayode to play this game n let his game speak for him.

I have been here long enough to know who is who. What I wrote changes nothing about his critics.

I am only drawing out there attention to know if baba God bless you, no Jupiter can curse you.

It's only a blind perpetual critics wey no fit see analysis better thing for Kayode's Football career because it is not difficult to know he is on the ascendary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:

I have been here long enough to know who is who. What I wrote changes nothing about his critics.

I am only drawing out there attention to know if baba God bless you, no Jupiter can curse you.

It's only a blind perpetual critics wey no fit see analysis better thing for Kayode's Football career because it is not difficult to know he is on the ascendary.

Lol this guy go do anything for Yoruba players,anyway that's nice as they are all Nigerians,wetin you mean by if baba don bless you no Jupiter can cause you,so God no bless others players abi? As a big kayode fan you are,keep your fingers crossed and watch him play,pray he should be given playing time so he can get his Austria form back.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:
Kayode Olanrewaju just completed a loan move to Ukrainian side, Shakhtar Donetsk to the end of the season..

OFFICIAL: Shakhtar Donetsk have completed the signing of Olarenwaju "Larry" Kayode (24) from Manchester City on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy. https:///5NeKWiGhVK

That's a good one.

I was not happy he was going to leave Girona-fc for a French struggling team.

Now, I can see this move really shocked those who mocked him here. They thought all was over for him because he was leaving la Liga for a struggling club in France. Chai! grin

Now, Kayode Olanrewaju is in the best position to go to the world Cup if he does well with Shakhtar Donetsk in the league and UEFA Champions League. grin

I can say he is the only Nigerian striker in a better club. The club wey flog Manchester City wey dey flog Arsenal, Leicester City, and all the EPL teams save Chelsea. grin dey even flog Roma wey flog Chelsea. grin

Hahahahahah! Can we say Girona-fc is better than Shakhtar Donetsk, or Malaga and Leicester City better than Shakhtar Donetsk? Bhuuuhahaha!

No wonder dem say he who laughs last laughs best. Make I laugh again. Bhuuuhahaha... Bhuuuhahaha.. Kkkkkkkkkkk.... Hohohohohohohihih! grin

I know some people will be wishing him and Shakhtar Donetsk bad luck for UEFA Champions League but una know.

Anyway, he will not make my list until he proves himself though he did proved himself in Girona-fc and la Liga but I want to raise the bar for him hoping he breaks it.

Once again, Kkkkkkkkkkk Kkkkkkkkkkk to those who mocked him but kiss to those who sticked with him. kiss grin

This is a bit premature don't you think??

Shaktar is a good club no doubt no one would pray that he fails there.

You are laughing now and you are laughing first taking jab at his critics, don't be surprised if those critics get the last laugh.

We're all waiting to see how this unfolds

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
elyte89:

Leave oga forgiveness alone, make him happy small na grin grin,of all his candidates he has been yearning for to b called up into d national team,dey have zero chance to make his wish come true,right from obagoal,dele aiyenugba,aluko,ajagun grin, et al...now kayode is abt having a slim chance and u don't want him to rejoice? cool

In addition, Idowu, Aina, Ebuehi, Agbo, Agu, Joel Obi, Ighalo, Ideye etc are also among the players I wanted in the National team.

As you can see, there's progress but wait ooooooo those players were already national team players save Ajagun.

Maybe u meant something else.

However, ask yourself if it reasonable to bring back Aiyenugba to the national team based on credibility and due process.

In a sane country, Aiyenugba should be in the National team.

Ask yourself if Sone Aluko deserves to be called back to the national team based on his exploits at both national and club level but it's very suprising, you bring a player from obscure league ahead of him.

Reason it within yourself whether Obagoal who is doing better than Ighalo in China league should be ignored for a national team call.

Reason why a player in obscure league should be called into the national team ahead of Ajagun who is a better league and club.

It is not about yearning for any how players, it's indeed about yearning for players based on merit and performance.

However, my eyes is shifting to Ideye because he's in la Liga and a very experience player.

Anyhow, I am for any player that does well this period. Be it Ighalo, iheanacho, Ujah, Obafemi Martins, Kayode etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
elyte89:

Leave oga forgiveness alone, make him happy small na grin grin,of all his candidates he has been yearning for to b called up into d national team,dey have zero chance to make his wish come true,right from obagoal,dele aiyenugba,aluko,ajagun grin, et al...now kayode is abt having a slim chance and u don't want him to rejoice? cool
hahahaha
guy you wicked chai!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
realpoacher:

Oga you are a big disappointment to the word experience!... Look at how you are defending a big blunder made by an Experienced Goalkeeper at a shot from 25 yards. Your defense of this ineptitude speaks volumes about your knowledge about football.

If you were a coach, your team will be terrible. I will simply tell my players to keep taking direct shots at your keeper because he will fumble at it and he will concede 6.

A keeper that cannot see the flight of the ball from 25 yards out both from open play and from set-piece, is that one a keeper?... SMH

Pass.

Next comment please. Hahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
junnyjake:

You are laughing now and you are laughing first taking jab at his critics, don't be surprised if those critics get the last laugh.

Make I laugh now as em critics laughed before, it makes the heart healthy. Kkkkk.

Later will take care of itself and be rest assured I will give them the license to laugh even though nobi me get dem mouth and finger to laugh and mock.

Making the Shakhtar Donetsk team is not moi moi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
junnyjake:

chai!!!
Hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
junnyjake:

Hey Bro. Trust you doing fine.

I just sent you a mail concerning that German football development book and would also like to ask that you recommend books I can read about that Psycho called 'Joseph Stalin' all I've had are just hearsays thanks!
Okay I'd email the book to you. But on Stalin, I don't know any book as such. I just generally read about him on the Web
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
Personal interest I believe
komekn:

It defies all forms of reasoning to try and understand how they got into the SE.

But Obagoal and Aluko were left out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
andrew444:

Lol this guy go do anything for Yoruba players,anyway that's nice as they are all Nigerians,wetin you mean by if baba don bless you no Jupiter can cause you,so God no bless others players abi? As a big kayode fan you are,keep your fingers crossed and watch him play,pray he should be given playing time so he can get his Austria form back.

Abeg keep mute if you don't know anything.

There's no player I can't do anything for provided he is good and they cut across the whole country. Na only you dey know who be Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fula etc.

Oga, you... You pointing accusing fingers can do anything for your tribesmen. Now, don't be shy, tell me where you are from even though I know already going by your preference... grin

Oya,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
Mujtahida:

Okay I'd email the book to you. But on Stalin, I don't know any book as such. I just generally read about him on the Web

Okay, thanks!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Abeg keep mute if you don't know anything.

There's no player I can't do anything for provided he is good and cut across the whole country. Na only you dey know who be Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fula etc.

Oga, you... You pointing accusing fingers can do anything for your tribesmen. Now, don't be shy, tell me where you are from even though I know already going by your preference... grin

Oya,

Chai e pain am,truth is bitter,anyway I am from cameroun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
Assuming or fact?
tbaba1234:

This is not the first time he is making errors. He made errors in their last game, i believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2018
A mild mistake.

Blunder is a severe mistake.
Icon4s:

Meaning the goalkeeper committed a blunder?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
I'm not talking about the shot, I was referring to the GK's positioning.
tbaba1234:

Did you see the velocity and placement of Messi's shot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
andrew444:

Chai e pain am,truth is bitter,anyway I am from cameroun

Bhuuuhahaha! I pain? shocked for wetin, ba?

Common, don't be ashamed of where you come from. Be proud of it man. Tell me where you are from except you know wan make I open ya yanch. grin

Next time don't come here and play that dirty tricks used in politics to run me down because I am very much ready to give you a full dose of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
None of them will smell Russia. I no wan waste my power for unnecessary argument this morning.

Modified
To other news, omeruo invited for March friendlies.

forgiveness:

Is Azubuike an AMF? Is he better than Raheem Lawal and Abdul Ajagun?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
realpoacher:

Akpeyi is a basket, basket, Akpeyi is a basket.. Iya, iya, o grin grin grin

Otu, otu.. Oo

@muljhadi come and see your Akpeyi o

Straight shots taken at Akpeyi from 25 yards out yet he fumbles it

Jesus is Lord

Just look at how every shot at Goal is a Goal angry

Baruwa na learner compared to wetin Akpeyi goal show us for world

I just dey laugh grin

I never watch football reach some people here wey dey claim experience but with what i see Akpeyi do everyday,... I know a terrible keeper when i see one...

Am sorry folks,... If Akpeyi mans our post at the world cup., then i ain't watching

I can't come and die of HBP before my time
Na wa for you oooo. I only said 'I feel Akpeyi might just be made number one'. From this simple statement you have interpreted it as me approving of Akpeyi. Na wa oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2018
We don enter big soup be that if e happen.

Mujtahida:

Na wa for you oooo. I only said 'I feel Akpeyi might just be made number one'. From this simple statement you have interpreted it as me approving of Akpeyi. Na wa oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joebie:
None of them will smell Russia. I no wan waste my power for unnecessary argument this morning.

Modified

Why you come dey dream?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
elyte89:

Akpeyi is not a gud keeper,I knew right from d Olympic days when siasia could trust an u-23 gk above d so called "experienced" akpeyi.. Dt decision speaks volume a lot,akpeyi and Mikel were d only senior player in dt squad

Having said dt,@oga real poacher, try to attack issues not personality, wink
Me I don't get all this personal attacks ooo. For what na? Can't the man say what he wants. Nooo realpoacher, abeg cool down. You making this thing too personal an issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joebie:

Modified

any link on that?(not doubting it anyway)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joebie:
We don enter big soup be that if e happen.

You know how this things are. Once a person says 'I feel' or 'I think' it might be right or wrong. I just had a hunch ooo. I just wonder why Rohr continues to invite him. Nwakaeme has been dropped (yes, looks very much so) but why has Akpeyi always been invited?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Bhuuuhahaha! I pain? shocked for wetin, ba?

Common, don't be ashamed of where you come from. Be proud of it man. Tell me where you are from except you know wan make I open ya yanch. grin

Next time don't come here and play that dirty tricks used in politics to run me down because I am very much ready to give you a full dose of it.

Smiles...Good question,where am i from...In your small mind you think i am Igbo,Why, just because i told you onyekuru and co is better than a below average seyi ojo.

I am from Delta State,KWALE thats what they call us,so we are not igbo,how many kwale players do we have in the super eagles None.How many delta players do we have in the super eagles,about 2 or 3,Akpeyi is from delta and maybe warri and not my tribe,I will repeat and always say akpeyi is a crappy goal keeper,i am not the coach but if i have the power he will not be at the world cup,the other delta player in the team is Etebo Oghenekaro,and his is from delta but not my tribe,so you can see i can never be bias as you are.

Go and check my post on this site,if i am bias or root for any player because he is my tribe,Last night or so me and some guys where quoting our self,i call Moses Daddy Ajala Simon the messi of GENT,is he not a yoruba player,i am not bias with my analyst just as you are,you your self confirm what moses simon teammate said about him,you will not see that part of me,but when telling you your player cannot make the super eagles team you can only see that part.

If you are given the chance,you will make seyi ojo start as a super eagles player,even deep down in you,you know he is not good enough,are you not the guy that is rooting for alampasu? Alampasu has a club but he is just like someone who has no club and you are rooting for him,if you are not the one please correct me.

I thank God you are not the coach,because if you are the coach seyi ojo will be going to the world cup,Lol

Bros nothing you fit give me abeg,you for give me full dose of tramadol na lol,People know you here,My dear brothers in this thread,please Quote me if i am wrong. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
Maybe because he has been active. I would take Aiyenugba over Akpeyi

Mujtahida:

You know how this things are. Once a person says 'I feel' or 'I think' it might be right or wrong. I just had a hunch ooo. I just wonder why Rohr continues to invite him. Nwakaeme has been dropped (yes, looks very much so) but why has Akpeyi always been invited?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.