Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,879 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988291 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2934) (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
Icon4s:

Hahaha, o boy na correct combo be that o.

If na Kunu count me in. But I no join to chop Gworo. How the weekend? Next week we go see the full list. Already we know about four invited players: Etebo, Idowu, Joel Obi, Omeruo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Nobi you dey confess?

I am in control here in this talk. Like i said let it slide.
Controller - General, Weh done oooo. I hail
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
Truidstar:
Was watching Poland games during their world cup qualifiers early this morning. Be it Shehu or Ebuehi, whoever has work to do. Kamil of Poland loves to cut inside and cross to Lewandoski. They are very good at set pieces. For some reason they got a lot of penalties in their favor during the qualifiers. Poland also has a good winger on the right Lucasz. They revert to long balls when midfield is choked. Lewandoski is gonna be a handful.

There are two Players named Kamil in the Polish national team. I believe you are talking about Kamil Grosicki who play as a winger and is the team mate of Ola Aina at Hull city. He is very good. I hope he brings his A game during the friendly. Our full backs need all the stress the friendlies will offer in order to deal with the likes of Perisic of Croatia. He is fast, full of tricks and shoots very well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
andray12:
bros ik dey near u

I don answer you already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
Mujtahida:

If na Kunu count me in. But I no join to chop Gworo. How the weekend? Next week we go see the full list. Already we know about four invited players: Etebo, Idowu, Joel Obi, Omeruo

Hahaha, na so o. The kine things pessin dey see on this thread.

Yeah March 7th is the date.

But I must also point out that for players not invited for the March friendlies there is still hope for them. Some players may still break in.

The final camping list is the one that most determines who and who stands a chance and not this march list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
andrew444:

God bless you bro
Thanks bro, you too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
Who else thinks Shehu won't be going to Russia unless Echiejile is dropped? Really hard to stomach but we gotta be real and sincere. I can see and at the same time, feel it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yes Ajagun can. And also hope he does. I dont have anything against any player. Only made a case for Azubuike who has been doing his thing in the Super Lig. And I love his style of style of play.

forgiveness:

2022 World cup far and anything can happen before then.

Better players could spring up before then.

Ajagun can still make Qatar 2022. His age is still within the range but as I said, better players could spring up before then.

Na who know Ebuehi, Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, etc for 2014?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
Guys, don't just talk football, join a team and join us for the Nigeria Social Media Football League

https://www.nairaland.com/4377416/nigeria-social-media-football-league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
Kog45:
Chriskels no wahala,sometimes it happened even blood brother but we just have to move on.

I have a great respect for you but just a bit surprised but you know what we are here for Eagles,no matter the differences we shall all smiles at the end.

On Uzoho i want you to know these are the guys i ran errand for in UAE 2013 just cos of my love for the game and Nigeria cos i was in UAE as an expatriate.

But sometimes i don't allowed my closeness to affect my judgement of reasoning especially on football.That's the more reason I backed out on Akpeyi after Argentina match.

I don't rate Ezenwa at all but his performance against Angola changed my mind,that's me for you.

If you check my WC list Uzoho is number one based on Argentina match and it still stand cos Ezenwa goofed big time against Algeria, you don't commit such errors as WC keeper.

Chris baba your apology accepted and pls accept my own too.

Truly that comment with tbaba was targeted at you.Am really sorry.

One love my man and Respect.

Nigeria was also lucky against Algeria. Algerians missed at least three very good chances. A very good team would,ve dealt with Nigeria there.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
Sir Icons4s

please follow me let's analyze this together.

“The games against Poland and Serbia is a big chance for the new players to show they have what it takes to play for us. As you know the next game will be in May so now is time for everyone who want to go to Russia to prove their quality.

1. He will consider some new players in the March 28 man list. And they will have to shine to start making a case to make the final 23 man list. There is no more time for second chances.
2. "As you know the next game will be in May" suggests Rohr MAY not be impressed by any last minute show (May being close to the world cup)

“The two games are also important for us because the last time we played together was in November against Argentina. So, it will be an opportunity to work together again before the World Cup.

1. The March friendlies is important to assess the new players, and ALSO also to get the familiar names to gel again since they haven't played together for a while.

“In May, we will release another 30-man list for the other friendly games from which we will draw the final list for the World Cup,”

1. Putting all the points together, the 30 man list is the usual FIFA requirement. I have already covered the point that even if a new player is invited for the March friendlies and he fails to impress, he may still make the 30 man cut but any last minute show may not do him much good.
So what is the point? Rohr is sticking to the familiar names unless a new name starts making a strong case this month. Reason, I THINK he is looking at the overall chemistry of the team. He probably wants all his players to have played and trained together for quite a number of games.

Modified

Well I was overanalyzing.. he said everyone must show they want to go to Russia this March.
That's not only applicable to the new players.. but either way. I think most of my points are still valid.. Any late show will likely not earn the new players a ticket to Russia.

Icon4s:

Hahaha, na so o. The kine things pessin dey see on this thread.

Yeah March 7th is the date.

But I must also point out that for players not invited for the March friendlies there is still hope for them. Some players may still break in.

The final camping list is the one that most determines who and who stands a chance and not this march list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
ChrisKels:
Who else thinks Shehu won't be going to Russia unless Echiejile is dropped? Really hard to stomach but we gotta be real and sincere. I can see and at the same time, feel it.

You mean this thing?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
Kog45:
I'm a real fan of Akpeyi but it reached a point especially against Argentina i need to dropped being a fan and look at things critically and even went back to Olympics why Siasia preferred Emma Daniel.

Good you mentioned Ajiboye,pls do you think Akpeyi and others are better than Ajiboye?and if they are better on what criteria.

Bengine,pls go and watch Sudan match again and be sincere,tell me any of our keepers put into consideration by Rohr that can makes those saves,may be Uzoho cos have not seen much of him.

A gk that couldn't even bench Emma Daniel at the Olympics..Ajiboye is way better than this Akpeyi..I know Akpeyi supporters would claim he has experience and exposure, I hate it when ppl use experience to limit talent..Ajiboye is more talented than Akpeyi in all the games have seen..

Lets look at some attributes and can anyone tell me in which one Akpeyi trumps Ajiboye..positioning, reflexes, diving, ball handling..one of the only problem I have with Ajiboye is aerial crosses, most of our Nigerian goal keepers struggle in this area so its normal..I don't really see any yardstick why we should take Akpeyi to world cup over Ajiboye..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joebie:
Please tell me what you make out of this. I was only analyzing Rohr’s statement

“The games against Poland and Serbia is a big chance for the new players to show they have what it takes to play for us. As you know the next game will be in May so now is time for everyone who want to go to Russia to prove their quality.

“The two games are also important for us because the last time we played together was in November against Argentina. So, it will be an opportunity to work together again before the World Cup.

Also Check: Etebo Invited for Super Eagles Friendlies Against Poland, Serbia
“In May, we will release another 30-man list for the other friendly games from which we will draw the final list for the World Cup,” he told CompleteSports.

The last paragraph says it all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
Mujtahida:

Controller - General, Weh done oooo. I hail

Hahahahahah! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joebie:
Yes Ajagun can. And also hope he does. I dont have anything against any player. Only made a case for Azubuike who has been doing his thing in the Super Lig. And I love his style of style of play.

No wahala.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

Oga chriskels grin grin grin,y u kan talk like boss Metaljigsaw so,nawa o,shehu of all player

His jersey @d world cup is as sure as tommorow been a SUNDAY cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joebie:
Kayode’s competition at Shakhtar

Modified
Well, actually the first and the last.

Yee... Pa! grin

He can play anywhere in the attack .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
we get some game time for sure.. I hope he scores..

forgiveness:

Yee... Pa! grin

He can play anywhere in the attack .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
komekn:

With Musa he simply was not able to adapt to the EPL. Musa played a good number of games for the U23, was he the stand out player and how many goals did he score to make a claim for first team football.

I suspect he didn't give his all in the U23's I may be wrong, but he didn't put in the performances to be considered.

Making him go play for the u23 is an insult to him as a pro..that would even damage his confidence looking at his kind of profile..a player that has played in the world cup playing in the u23..how many world cup players play for the u23 except they are coming back from injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
possibly

Icon4s:

Kayode is likely to make the friendlies list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
Olanare starts for Amkar. Idowu and Ogude in bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
na for people when dey stay Lag abi?

Jarus:
Guys, don't just talk football, join a team and join us for the Nigeria Social Media Football League

https://www.nairaland.com/4377416/nigeria-social-media-football-league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
gbosaa:

There are two Players named Kamil in the Polish national team. I believe you are talking about Kamil Grosicki who play as a winger and is the team mate of Ola Aina at Hull city. He is very good. I hope he brings his A game during the friendly. Our full backs need all the stress the friendlies will offer in order to deal with the likes of Perisic of Croatia. He is fast, full of tricks and shoots very well.

So, Poland gets a player in Championship!?

Na wa ooooooo!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

Wetin you talk?shehu won't be going to Russia?do you watch super eagles games ?you did not even say ola Aina will be dropped you called shehu,someone that played almost all the qualifiers,bros take time there oo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
Farzat:
Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper and can never give what he dont have. Siasia brought him as one of d overaged players in Olympic and d poor Emmanuel Daniel still benched him. I watched d match against Colombia live in sao paulo and I can say that Akpeyi's performance affected d whole team because everybody panics whenever ball is coming towards our post.
He has been given enough time to redeem his image but its obvious he has nothing better to offer. I thought they said he's very solid GK for his club but all I see is d same Akpeyi. His continuous invitation is actually injustice to many other Goalkeepers who are praying for an opportunity.

Thank you for this..a goal keeper confidence rubs off on his teammates..if ur goalkeeper becomes jittery, the whole team becomes jittery and have to worry abt their gk..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
forgiveness:

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://vimeo.com/99199790&ved=0ahUKEwjazaigp9DZAhVLvxQKHWi7BloQwqsBCGUwCA&usg=AOvVaw2JFUCLQeGwCMH6Sx8cZlhq
guy you yourself know the free kick is in no way similar to the one akpeyi conceded. The one that beat vincent went over the wall and entered the goal post while the one daniel conceded was straight at him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
chrisooblog:
guy you yourself know the free kick is in no way similar to the one akpeyi conceded. The one that beat vincent went over the wall and entered the goal post while the one daniel conceded was straight at him

Enyeama saved that type of free kick in the same match. Na de same thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
somehow:
Assuming or fact?

fact..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
somehow:
I'm not talking about the shot, I was referring to the GK's positioning.

Some free kicks are impossible to save even with the best positioning...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2934) (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.