Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3060) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11989573 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2018
komekn:

YES, Initially Leicester city was threatened with relegation the board sacked Shakespeare got Puel and things have improved immensely since.

KC has scored one goal in the EPL Tega has scored 4, Tega has scored 3 cup goals and KC 4. Haven't bothered about assists and other stats. In your esteemed opinion who is in better form

KC had a big transfer fee huge expectation and would you say he has delivered

Solanke is not in the reckoning he was bought for literally nothing and has three top class international players standing in his way. So can't really say much because there wasn't much expectation placed on him.

Spot on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
Just like Brazil conceded how many goals against Germany? or the Bayern vs Barcelona goal feast?

you will always get beaten black and blue if you meet someone more prepared than you.
AIG07:
this kind of result only makes one question the football knowledge of our local coaches.

MFM went to learn international football, expected them to do better is like expecting a boy scout to fight like a soldier. grin grin

If you must concede, must you concede this much? Poor tactics/strategy.

No wonder most European clubs will always want npfl players to go on trial before signing them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
chrisooblog:
I know that bro it was the solanke fanboys who made such claims at the time

Kelechi Iheanacho chased out Bonny Wilfred. And you believe it. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
safarigirl:
I have POS by 2
Wo! I go fit wait till then??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
safarigirl:
I have POS by 2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Certitude:

lol...you no go come tomorrow?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
John Ogu Issued Visa, Jets Off To Poland For International Duty

Hapoel Beer Sheva midfielder John Ogu is set to report for international duty at the Super Eagles get-together in Wrocław before the end of the day.

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that he picked up his visa to Poland on Monday morning, and is hoping to arrive the Radisson Blu Hotel tonight.

The central midfielder's headed goal in the 31st minute was enough for Hapoel Beer Sheva to claim all three points in their first match of the playoffs against Bnei Yehuda.

Former Watford star Odion Ighalo will also report to camp today after a 15-hour flight from Changchun, while Chippa United goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi has already been issued a visa ahead of his trip to Wrocław.

It remains to be seen if the Super Eagles will hold their first training session today as some of the invited players are unlikely to meet the 1300 hours deadline set by the Nigerian Federation.

Nigeria will take on Poland in their second pre-World Cup friendly at the Municipal Stadium on Friday, March 23 before traveling to London the following day to prepare for the friendly against Serbia at the Hive Stadium.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27003

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 87 days 35 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Mikel with 2 assists today

Mikel baba. I dey hail ooo. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
Mikel Backs Tianjin Teda To Build On Hard-Fought Derby Win In Chinese Super League
By Adeboye Amosu

Nigeria captain John Mikel Obi hopes his Chinese club Tianjin Teda will build on Sunday’s hard fought 3-2 win against Tianjin Quanjian in their subsequent games in the Chinese Super League after a poor start to the season, Completesportsnigeria. com reports.

Mikel bagged two assists as Tiajin Teda recorded their first win of the season after one draw and one defeat from their opening two games of the campaign.

Frank Acheampong scored a brace for Tiajin Teda in the encounter, while Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato and Anthony Modeste were on target for Tianjin Quanjian.

“First win of the season – Done We build from here,” the former Chelsea midfielder wrote on his Twitter handle on Monday.

The win moved Tianjin Teda up to eighth place on four points in the 16-team CSL table.

Mikel is due to hit the Super Eagles camp on Monday to lead Nigeria in the friendlies against Poland on Friday and Serbia in London next week.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-backs-tianjin-teda-to-build-on-hard-fought-derby-win-in-chinese-super-league/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 87 days 3 hours 28 mins to go

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
WC Opponents Watch

Messi: 2018 Is My Last Chance To Win The World Cup

Argentina star Lionel Messi is aware time is fast running out on his international career and the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia may be his last chance to win a senior international title.

In an incredible career in which he’s won virtually every title including five Ballon d’Or gongs, a senior title with the Albiceleste is the only chink in his shining armour.

Argentina have been three-time Copa America runners-up and also lost the 2014 World Cup final in Brazil in Messi’s 12 years with the senior team.

The 30-year-old is now desperate to go one better in Russia, with his team having been beaten by Germany in extra time in Rio de Janeiro four years ago.

“We feel that, if we won’t win the World Cup in Russia, the only way will be to give up the national team,” Messi told La Cornisa on Sunday.

“I dream of winning the trophy in Russia. My wish is to live something similar to Brazil 2014.

“You can do everything OK and fail, like Argentina in Brazil.”
Argentina are considered favourites in a World Cup preliminary group which has Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria in Group D.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/messi-2018-is-my-last-chance-to-win-the-world-cup/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 87 days 3 hours 23 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
WC Opponents Watch

Argentina star Lionel Messi is aware time is fast running out on his international career and the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia may be his last chance to win a senior international title.

In an incredible career in which he’s won virtually every title including five Ballon d’Or gongs, a senior title with the Albiceleste is the only chink in his shining armour.

Argentina have been three-time Copa America runners-up and also lost the 2014 World Cup final in Brazil in Messi’s 12 years with the senior team.

The 30-year-old is now desperate to go one better in Russia, with his team having been beaten by Germany in extra time in Rio de Janeiro four years ago.

“We feel that, if we won’t win the World Cup in Russia, the only way will be to give up the national team,” Messi told La Cornisa on Sunday.

“I dream of winning the trophy in Russia. My wish is to live something similar to Brazil 2014.

Argentina are considered favourites in a World Cup preliminary group which has Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria in Group D.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/messi-2018-is-my-last-chance-to-win-the-world-cup/

the Nigerian team and the Brazillian team ... will stop his ambition grin that Brazilian team na die
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
WC Opponents Watch

I also want him to win an international title, but not The world cup, well not this year BTW
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Well excuse my Latin.

Epic response. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

He is playing better than Kante

Ooooooo! Were you serious? shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I dont know what you guys are trying to get at.... But it is clear that Leicester conceeded because of Mahrez. Nacho gave him a pass (after winning the ball off two players) and yes it was slightly behind Mahrez, Mahrez still got the ball under control and had the choice to go wide right instead of trying to do a maradona when surrounded by three players. Iheanacho was in position and keeping himself onside and any further step from him will be offside.... So the fault is on Mahrez.

So after Mahrez lost the ball, the ball was fed to William and Ndidi had the chance to stop him but he was afraid of the card so he kinda let William thru and viola! William picked out Morata with a beautiful thru pass and morata just did the rest one on one with Schmeichel....

Gbam! So Nacho has no fault in this at all. If for say I no dey watch naa, I go just dey hear this one today. Na wa ooo

That Iheanacho pass was a very poor one. He ought to have done better and it could had been the game changer. However, on a second look, Mahrez was at fault but Leicester city fan would be angry Iheanacho spoilt the counter attack move.

He will be partly blamed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
eterisan:
I disagree boss..... Nah nah..... Except is another game I am watching..... Kante is virtually driving Chelsea forward, breezing past players, closing spaces and all.... Ndidi has offered nothing offensive in this game.... Except the shot.... Same old same old... Tackle tackle.... He's great at that... I want to see more.... Ndidi.... Feed us more...

Hahahahahah! I thought I watched the back of the TV with that em statement. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Ndidi is playing far better than both Kante and Bakayoko. Bakayoko even picked up a yellow for a bad play on Nacho.

Kante also got saved by the whistle becos he also caught Nacho late and it was a foul but what saved him is that the second half whistle had gone already.

Yes! Ndidi played better than Babayoko but he was not near Kante.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Take away the assist and he was just good.. Willian had a better game

For Chelsea, na Kante not Williams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
safarigirl:
I go come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
Does anyone know if the Poland game will be broadcasted on TV/ DSTV?

Make dem no do us like that Argentina match o!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ekong in poland..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Safe trip boss. Make sure you come back with loads of goodies. Corn and ube are probably not available yet you can load up with Oha. I wan cook oha soup tongue

O pari

Joebie:
Oga u have no idea what’s taking me to Naija again, in this time of the year. Believe me I would have stayed back. But I must find a way.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
Balogun on his way

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
Definitely not a great pass by Nacho but you're right, Mahrez was at a greater fault for dilly dallying with the ball for too long. I mean, he still had plenty of time after receiving the ball to do something good with it but he decided to dilly dally. Unfortunately, the clueless British commentators would lay all the blame on Kelechi sad

O pari

forgiveness:

That Iheanacho pass was a very poor one. He ought to have done better and it could had been the game changer. However, on a second look, Mahrez was at fault but Leicester city fan would be angry Iheanacho spoilt the counter attack move.

He will be partly blamed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ndidi had a massive game yesterday but he didn't play better than Kante. Ngolo Kante was the BEST player on the pitch yesterday. It wasn't even a close call.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Ndidi is playing far better than both Kante and Bakayoko. Bakayoko even picked up a yellow for a bad play on Nacho.

Kante also got saved by the whistle becos he also caught Nacho late and it was a foul but what saved him is that the second half whistle had gone already.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
Oh God, this GK and the defense na insult to football! shocked shocked shocked

Speechless!
tbaba1234:
This MFM keeper is a basket.. really poor... See highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REO8XzA9J3E
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
You and half truths, Let me just end it here. i have alot of pages to catch up on.

MetalJigsaw:
Omeruo has only been average at best. Balogun has posted several outstanding performances in the Eagles shirt under Rohr. True or false?...

That's the issue... Imagine being loaned out five times by Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
A very patriotic young man. He had a good game on Saturday but, unfortunately, Mainz 05 still lost. And now they are likely to get relegated. Let's hope that Leon plays well in Russia so he can find another football club. He's too good to be playing for that useless team anyway.

O pari

tbaba1234:
Balogun on his way

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Source(s) please

O pari

Kog45:
...suspecting Ebuhei, Etebo and Joel Obi fitness level.

Junior Ajayi missing Poland match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
What's da heck is going on here, eh?

angry sad shocked embarassed lipsrsealed

O pari

safarigirl:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ekong in poland..
Pls is Junior Ajayi missing Poland match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
Icon79:
Source(s) please

O pari

...just heard it but waiting for tbaba1234 confirmation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Lawag3, 10cedes, shawwal1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.