Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,319 members, 7,887,976 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12066667 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin

Martz101:

the past brings the future and Akpeyi plighing his trade in South Africa should be a plus for him and not a minus, he has psychological issues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
I endorse the 3-5-2 formation for SE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
Iwobi better not sign a new contract now that Wenger is gone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
komekn:

It's not a silly line.

We are a family of sorts and for quite some time even if I don't agree with you most times. You can have sisters that can be a pain but they are still your sister.

In that context I expected those who are more ameniable to you. To immediately without delay offer to help.

You are not begging by any stretch of the imagination.

I am serious even if putting it in the diction of humour.

I was expecting you to say, Praise God somebody has decided to bless me and hopefully anonymously. But that doesn't seem to have happened.

In this regard I am very disappointed.

I thought it was an act of great humility and integrity for you to have shared that situation with us here. Most would pretend that all is well and that they have no lack and are rolling in ££$$. That for me is most impressive and makes me look at you positively differently.

So I still expect our guys here to answer thier names, joke no deh. It's certainly not SILLY.

was actually my same thought when i saw that post in her diary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GoshenNLA(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
You asked for them, now we have them: Russia 2018 World Cup Jerseys
Nigeria First and Second Jersey Available #onSale
Rep 9ja passionately, its our land, its our Game

� strictly Original 100%
Pls if interested, you can reach us via Whatsapp/Text message on *08139526894* or send us a DM
click here to Order https:///send?phone=2348139526894
Jerseys for other National teams available too

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:
I apologise for going off on you then.

Sorry about the misunderstanding

Behave yourself or go back to BBN naija thread, if you like call that albino MOD again make him ban me, it will not stop me from giving you my ripe plantain in Russia kiss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
GoshenNLA:
You asked for them, now we have them: Russia 2018 World Cup Jerseys
Nigeria First and Second Jersey Available #onSale
Rep 9ja passionately, its our land, its our Game

� strictly Original 100%
Pls if interested, you can reach us via Whatsapp/Text message on *08139526894* or send us a DM
click here to Order https:///send?phone=2348139526894
Jerseys for other National teams available too

Na our jersey be this China I hail ooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
I knew he would keep his promise.... grin

The Congo4ka returns.... cheesy

It will be exactly 54 days left to Russia 2018 in about 11-12 mins from now....

And Congo man returns to keep his 50 days countdown Russia experience preview... I STRICTLY HOPE grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KpagoGIN(m): 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
congo4ka:

Jersey's even look mal-nourished.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I knew he would keep his promise.... grin

The Congo4ka returns.... cheesy

It will be exactly 54 days left to Russia 2018 in about 11-12 mins from now....

And Congo man returns to keep his 50 days countdown Russia experience preview... I STRICTLY HOPE grin

I can never disappoint or disgrace my fellow eagulian, I will make a special 50 day countdown tread to Russia with interesting pictures and adventures to back it up, I hope safarigirl wannabe boyfriend aka albino Mod does not ban me before then wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
congo4ka:

I can never disappoint or disgrace my fellow eagulian, I will make a special 50 day countdown tread to Russia with interesting pictures and adventures to back it up, I hope safarigirl wannabe boyfriend aka albino Mod does not ban me before then wink
I like you somehow... No homo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

That really was the game changer..... Hahahahahahahahaha... Even Sir Mujtahida shock... Loooolllll... This best risk decision ehn....

Finally we must field a first choice at the WC... Be it either of the Deles (Alampasu or Aiyenugba), be it Ezenwa or Akpeyi, Be it Ajiboye or Uzoho...

We must field goalie oooo.... Come rain, come sunshine.. Come thunderstorms... Even if na Sir Tbaba1234's college soccer experience we go use... So be it! cheesy

U guys put too much trust on untested players.

I don't know how you do it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
Naaah... You misunderstand. This is just about the Goalie situation and the options available. This is not about where or who I put trust in thruout the Depts of the team...

Or do I put more trust in Kalu other than a Victor Moses or Musa? Or will I place more trust in Igboun other than an Iwobi? See? So it is just what I feel as regards our goalie situation....
Rohr is kinda rooting for Uzoho... He played him in the last two friendlies... And we don't know yet for sure who Rohr will make no.1... But Uzoho is in the picture of things ... So will you say Rohr is losing it then? That he doesn't know what he is doing as regards that GK dept? It is his decision... And it will make him or mar him in Russia.

Icon4s:

U guys put too much trust on untested players.

I don't know how you do it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Iwobi better not sign a new contract now that Wenger is gone.
He should be praying Arteta really does become the next arsenal coach. If it's Allegri, he'll have to shape up quick or get sent on loan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GoshenNLA(m): 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
congo4ka:

Y u no talk Aba?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ola Aina:

“A World Cup at 21, that would be a big achievement,”

“To be in the squad would be a blessing. I’ve just got to work hard here to secure a place and leave a good impression every time. It would be a honour.

“I get the same pride representing Nigeria, probably a little bit more, just because it’s closer to my origins. It’s deeper if you know what I mean.

“I was honoured to play for England but as of now I’m super honoured to play for Nigeria. It’s a big nation and a privilege to play for them.”

“I played for England when I was younger and by the time I was 19 and 20 it had started to plateau a little bit,”

“I wasn’t getting selected as much and Nigeria have always been knocking on the door from an early age. That’s my ethic origin and at the time I just thought I need to play for Nigeria. England wasn’t there so I just had to pick Nigeria. And it felt right, you know?

“I think it’s the right decision for me. I enjoy it every time I go away. It’s a good bunch of lads and coaching staff. It’s always a good experience for me.”

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ola Aina:

“To be in the squad would be a blessing. I’ve just got to work hard here to secure a place and leave a good impression every time. It would be a honour.

“I get the same pride representing Nigeria, probably a little bit more, just because it’s closer to my origins. It’s deeper if you know what I mean.

“I was honoured to play for England but as of now I’m super honoured to play for Nigeria. It’s a big nation and a privilege to play for them.”

“I played for England when I was younger and by the time I was 19 and 20 it had started to plateau a little bit,”

“I wasn’t getting selected as much and Nigeria have always been knocking on the door from an early age. That’s my ethic origin and at the time I just thought I need to play for Nigeria. England wasn’t there so I just had to pick Nigeria. And it felt right, you know?

“I think it’s the right decision for me. I enjoy it every time I go away. It’s a good bunch of lads and coaching staff. It’s always a good experience for me.”

From Moses, iwobi to ola aina wouldn't av represented Nigeria if england gave dem a sure spot @ deir national team set up cool

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

That really was the game changer..... Hahahahahahahahaha... Even Sir Mujtahida shock... Loooolllll... This best risk decision ehn....

Finally we must field a first choice at the WC... Be it either of the Deles (Alampasu or Aiyenugba), be it Ezenwa or Akpeyi, Be it Ajiboye or Uzoho...

We must field goalie oooo.... Come rain, come sunshine.. Come thunderstorms... Even if na Sir Tbaba1234's college soccer experience we go use... So be it! cheesy
I was enthusiastically on the Uzoho train but after those clips na so I hop come down jejely. Even the recent friendlies did little to repair the distrust I now feel. Now na so I dey reason this gk issue

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
No Icardi....Potentially no Dybala...now this grin grin

Sweet Relief For Super Eagles: Aguero May Miss Russia 2018
April 19, 2018

Sergio Aguero has been ruled out by the Argentina Football Association doctor, Homero D’Agostino from playing at the oncoming FIFA World Cup due to his knee injury.

The doctor doubts the 29-year-old will be fully fit for the World Cup, with Argentina opening their campaign in Russia on June 16 against Iceland.

Aguero had undergone an arthroscopy after aggravating a knee problem during their derby defeat to rivals Manchester United.

Aguero was listed in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year after scoring 30 times in all competitions for newly crowned champions City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin

modified
Sounds like something Tammy would later say without a reference to the old red carpet

tbaba1234:
Ola Aina:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
And the famous Campos. could pass as the shortest known GKs
tbaba1234:

Barthez depreciated and it has nothing to do with height. Have you watched petr Cech this season? His height has not saved him from being poor.

My point is that Ejide had already depreciated in 2014. I do not expect him to be much better in 2018. As it stands right now, i think Aiyenugba is a better keeper.

As regards penalties, Aiyenugba is a fantastic penalty stopper. Some keepers are good at stopping penalties, others are not.. Saving penalties is not a lottery. I would rather have Aiyenugba in goal for penalties than Petr Cech who has an awful penalty saving record.

Back to the issue of height, Cassilas is not much taller than Aiyenugba. Aiyenugba is 5 11... just 1 inch off 6 ft. Same height as Barthez. Enyeama at 6ft can not be said to be a tall keeper.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:
I apologise for going off on you then.

Sorry about the misunderstanding

Your explanation of where you are coming from shows this took quite a bit of effort for you to write. My hats off to you and also sir komekn for explaining succinctly his position without rancour though he should also be part of the amenable crew as a senior man.
We are all a work in progress and may our paths keep getting brighter and brighter.
Just keep getting better....and ignore ignore ignore, and for each ignore give yourself a pat for a scaling that hurdle. And if you have to reply, read it again. Insults really dont make a statement more punchy.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Aguero was on the pitch when we beat Argentina.. we should be indifferent.. if na Messi I no go lie, I for happy.

Bolowolowo:
Sweet Relief For Super Eagles: Aguero May Miss Russia 2018
April 19, 2018

Sergio Aguero has been ruled out by the Argentina Football Association doctor, Homero D’Agostino from playing at the oncoming FIFA World Cup due to his knee injury.

The doctor doubts the 29-year-old will be fully fit for the World Cup, with Argentina opening their campaign in Russia on June 16 against Iceland.

Aguero had undergone an arthroscopy after aggravating a knee problem during their derby defeat to rivals Manchester United.

Aguero was listed in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year after scoring 30 times in all competitions for newly crowned champions City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
I've always argued that most of the time we are a second option.. It's just a reality we need to accept, and I really can't take it against them.

elyte89:

From Moses, iwobi to ola aina wouldn't av represented Nigeria if england gave dem a sure spot @ deir national team set up cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
Joebie:
Aguero was on the pitch when we beat Argentina.. we should be indifferent.. if na Messi I no go lie, I for happy.

He was only on for the first half when we were trailing. He got sent to the ER during halftime.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
Awaziem starts as Nantes host Rennes

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
he played in that match, that was my point.

Bolowolowo:

He was only on for the first half when we were trailing. He got sent to the ER during halftime.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
Joebie:
he played in that match, that was my point.

I was just trying to add on. No vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
elyte89:

The good thing is that they commited to Nigeria young. With Moses at Chelsea and Iwobi at Arsenal, i have no doubt that they would have had English caps now.

That is why it is important to get them when they are still young instead of waiting till they hit their peak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin

Bolowolowo:

I was just trying to add on. No vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
Loogan:
Good day fam
Please does anyone in the house plan to use the Nigerian supporters club to go see the worldcup live?
Or those anyone have any idea on how to get to Russia via other sponsorship partners?
Locate them via any major stadia, you need to move fast as visa processing might be ongoing. I am a member of the supporters club but not active sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LordTheus(m), Meliforme, EEGA, mekabuachi, Yachambliss(m), Toylove and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.