Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,348 members, 7,888,111 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12067196 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
Looolll.... Best "untested" winger they may mean? Loooolll....

Icon4s:

You don't know some are already saying Kalu is our best winger?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
kennysville:

Wow! I am speechless and practically in tears. I know this must have been a very difficult for you cos quite frankly, I am not too sure if the roles were reversed, I'd be able to bring myself to do what you have done. You have really done a great deed and for that, you have my absolute respect, honor and love. Thank you for this gesture and may God succour you in all areas where you have felt pain. I am really proud of you.

You have taught us a great lesson in humility.... the God kind.

God bless you

Bros calm down na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:
alien wey no fit win Copa America, is that one an alien? grin
hahaha

Hope you are doing great olanna
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
enomakos:
you shall know messi is not human ,he is an alien

Again I ask will Messi play by himself?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
enomakos:
hahaha

Hope you are doing great olanna
yes o, I'm good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Looolll.... Best "untested" winger they may mean? Loooolll....

No....as if you don't how comments flow here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
Icon4s:

Before the last 2 friendlies most here saw him as the best choice!

Some started having a change of mind after tbaba posted his club videos here.

We need to tell ourselves the truth. Francis Uzoho is not our best choice to the WC.

Certainly not Akpeyi or Ezenwa. We need to do a proper screening and select the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
Icon4s:

Before the last 2 friendlies most here saw him as the best choice!

Some started having a change of mind after tbaba posted his club videos here.

We need to tell ourselves the truth. Francis Uzoho is not our best choice to the WC.

I do not think people thought Francis Uzoho was our best choice. I think the general opinion is, he is better than Akpeyi and Ezenwa. I agree with that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Again I ask will Messi play by himself?
no

But on a good day ,he can destroy any team single hand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:
I've had a lot of thinking time today and realised that I have erred a lot recently.

Without going into any unnecessary explanation, I would like to send an unreserved apology to andrew44 for my harsh words to him, I'm very sorry about the way everything escalated. Sorry for insulting your person, I allowed my ange get the best of me and I'm sorry.

I also want to apologise to sir komekn once again, for reading your intentions wrong. We don't always see eye to eye, so I may have read your posts with a biased eye. I sincerely apologise for that and j promise that it will never happen again.

I also want to apologise to this thread and its members for all the drama this week. I was responsible for derailing this thread and failing to respect the opinions of some members. So, I apologise to everyone.

As much as I can, I will refrain from getting into any confrontations on this thread henceforth.

wow! you just made me believed that we can win the world cup grin grin grin .... @Andrew let it end

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:
yes o, I'm good
good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:
I've had a lot of thinking time today and realised that I have erred a lot recently.

Without going into any unnecessary explanation, I would like to send an unreserved apology to andrew44 for my harsh words to him, I'm very sorry about the way everything escalated. Sorry for insulting your person, I allowed my ange get the best of me and I'm sorry.

I also want to apologise to sir komekn once again, for reading your intentions wrong. We don't always see eye to eye, so I may have read your posts with a biased eye. I sincerely apologise for that and j promise that it will never happen again.

I also want to apologise to this thread and its members for all the drama this week. I was responsible for derailing this thread and failing to respect the opinions of some members. So, I apologise to everyone.

As much as I can, I will refrain from getting into any confrontations on this thread henceforth.

Omo this post has broken the record of the highest number of likes.

once again kudos to you.

This is my post of the year thus far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think people thought Francis Uzoho was our best choice. I think the general opinion is, he is better than Akpeyi and Ezenwa. I agree with that.

So who did they think was the best choice and why didn't they clamor for the person?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
safarigirl:

Comment of the year and we aren't in the ember months yet....

Your apology to Sir Andrew... Beautiful. And Sir Andrew... I'm sorry too. Can the mods (semid4lyfe and co) please release him.... We need him back here. I need him back here... Please. This is a family... That's what makes this thread unique. Please and please... I am sure he didn't mean those words too. Anger can make us say things we later regret....

And Safari, your words to Sir Komekn most especially... Now that is f**king awesome also. I am one of those who really laughed at Sir Komekn's light hearted jokes on you... I understood he was only kidding. Yes he did it twice but I believe it was his idea of being funny... And he was funny. I endorse too that he meant no mockery or harm. smiley

Olanna... Now this, up there, is the lady I saw when I first walked into NL... It may not have been obvious to most... But I knew what I saw. And hey, it doesn't mean there won't be people who will still try to rile you up or try to get in your face even after now but at least you will just keep on getting better and better... You always hold the cards and power to decide how you wanna react...

You really don't earn my respect for this... And that's because You have always had my respect long before this... I always believed in you.

See now, Maidaboi wanna kiss ya... Humility017 calls you darling... Mbjane is speechless... Ghostmode members are in shock and some in tears..... And Icon79 is loading his gun for Maidaboi... Well... Like Sir Joebie said... Watch out for the magic that follows... Lol....

Cheers Safarigirl... You just lit the atmosphere of this thread and showed that you are indeed the Queen of the mansion... This is a fantastic show of Strength and insane maturity even for one so young... You will make a very fine woman in the end... That I'm certain of.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
Looolll... I know Chief... But I am just giving you my own thoughts and Interpretation... Kalu is not our best winger... Not even close just yet.

Icon4s:

No....as if you don't how comments flow here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
Aguero's injury hurts me when I think of the referee waving a play on after such brutal tackle by Ashley Young. It is a pity these corrupt refs will continue with this manner of officiating. No red card or penalty after such horrendous challenge. Disappointing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ola Aina:

“A World Cup at 21, that would be a big achievement,”

“To be in the squad would be a blessing. I’ve just got to work hard here to secure a place and leave a good impression every time. It would be a honour.

“I get the same pride representing Nigeria, probably a little bit more, just because it’s closer to my origins. It’s deeper if you know what I mean.

“I was honoured to play for England but as of now I’m super honoured to play for Nigeria. It’s a big nation and a privilege to play for them.”

“I played for England when I was younger and by the time I was 19 and 20 it had started to plateau a little bit,”

“I wasn’t getting selected as much and Nigeria have always been knocking on the door from an early age. That’s my ethic origin and at the time I just thought I need to play for Nigeria. England wasn’t there so I just had to pick Nigeria. And it felt right, you know?

“I think it’s the right decision for me. I enjoy it every time I go away. It’s a good bunch of lads and coaching staff. It’s always a good experience for me.”

Olaoluwa, (you are even my son's name's sake) good that you mentioned you have to work hard at it. I can only wish your dreams come true.

I love your spirit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
Icon4s:

So who did they think was the best choice and why didn't they clamor for the person?

How can they clamour when the keeper trainer kept on inviting and playing substandard keepers. The goalkeeping selection has not been fair. That is why we have a crisis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Looolll... I know Chief... But I am just giving you my own thoughts and Interpretation... Kalu is not our best winger... Not even close just yet.

When some are already using his club statistics to claim he is better than Simon, Onyekuru and even Musa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
So sorry Sir GoodJoe... I know how important he is to your team. We all know. Well, he will be back... And I hope he can make it to Russia too but even if he doesn't... Well, there's always another WC for him.... I think. *shrugs*

Meanwhile... He is EPL champion. That should help ease this tough time of his for now. wink

TheGoodJoe:
Aguero's injury hurts me when I think of the referee waving a play on after such brutal tackle by Ashley Young. It is a pity these corrupt refs will continue with this manner of officiating. No red card or penalty after such horrendous challenge. Disappointing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
For me it is all about perspectives.... Kalu is a bright talent. Very bright one. But he's got some way to go before he can break into the GWG club.

Like a young wise lady on this thread once said... wink

"Your club form, performances and stats is what gets you national team invites... But it is your national team form, performances and stats that earns you a shirt in the team"

And who is this young wise lady? Look no further than The Safarigirl.... cheesy Looolllll

Icon4s:

When some are already using his club statistics to claim he is better than Simon, Onyekuru and even Musa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:01am On Apr 21, 2018
Safarigirl's apology is the most beautiful thing I've read on Nairaland today... hats off to you...

Meanwhile, there are rumours that Arsenal have agreed terms with Brendan Rodgers to replace Wenger.... if it's true,Iwobi might still get to stay at the emirate... Rodgers might b a shite coach,but he is a firm believer in talent...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12am On Apr 21, 2018
Danielnino00:
Safa.rigirl's apology is the most beautiful thing I've read on Nairaland today... hats off to you...

Meanwhile, there are rumours that Arsenal have agreed terms with Brendan Rodgers to replace Wenger.... if it's true,Iwobi might still get to stay at the emirate... Rodgers might b a shite coach,but he is a firm believer in talent...

Lemme summon the Arsenal lords on here... Sir Tbaba1234... Chief Icon4s... Sir Edi287... Pharmarsenal... Etc...

Like seriously... Who do you think will be best for Arsenal also as regards the Impact this would have on Iwobi's career growth at Arsenal?

(Or should I sepate the question into two... Like 1). Who dobyou think is best for Arsenal.. 2). Who will be best as regards Iwobi? )

Tuchel... Rogers... Vieira... And what about Joachim Low? (If he decides to leave the Germany job perhaps... Will that even happen? Lol )

Or will it be this man smiling below? Allegri?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:19am On Apr 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Lemme summon the Arsenal lords on here... Sir Tbaba1234... Chief Icon4s... Sir Edi287... Pharmarsenal... Etc...

Like seriously... Who do you think will be best for Arsenal also as regards to the Impact this would have on Iwobi's career growth at Arsenal?

(Or should I sepate the question into two... Like 1). Who dobyou think is best for Arsenal.. 2). Who will be best as regards Iwobi? )

Tuchel... Rogers... Vieira... And what about Joachim Low? (If he decides to leace the Germany job perhaps... Will that even happen? Lol )

To be honest with u,I'm worried about Iwobi.. He hasn't lived up to the hype that followed his breakthrough season at arsenal. Wenger kept a lot of faith in him still but he was still inconsistent... The criticism from arsenal fans haven't helped either... Whoever is coming in to replaced Wenger might try to overhaul the squad,and Iwobi might just end up being affected... A good performance at the world cup might bail him out though...

But if he is gonna stay,I think Thomas Tuchel is the man to help him...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40am On Apr 21, 2018
I have spoken of him once before on this thread.... he is currently starring for AS Trencin in Slovakia and is likely to follow in the footsteps of Simon Moses and Samuel Kalu who both moved to Belgium from Trencin. And guess what... all three are linked to the GBS academy in Nigeria..... he is not national team material just yet... but just another fine prospect to monitor smiley

Who Is Gent & Anderlecht Target Hillary Gong ? Introducing The AS Trencin Nigerian Teen Wonder

He probably didn’t know what to expect when he boarded the plane from Nigeria to Slovakia for his first test of professional football at Slovakian top division side AS Trencin last year. Fast forward to 2018 and the name Hillary Gong is a household name in Slovakia.

The Jos born winger took a while to settle into his new surroundings upon his arrival at Trencin from the popular GBS Academy of Jos in Nigeria, where his obvious qualities didn’t get him into any professional football club in Nigeria despite growing up in Plateau state Nigeria, home of the champions of the Nigeria Professional Football League Plateau United.

Jos is also the home of three other professional teams in Nigeria during the formative years of Gong but none of the trio of the now defunct JUTH FC, Giwa FC or even the famous Mighty Jet spotting his talents before the eagle eyes of Ahmed Ibrahim (Coach Bros) of the GBS Academy spotted his talent.

He played just twice last season which was his debut season as a professional footballer but he showed the talent the world is admiring now with a goal and an assist from just two league games.

At the start of this season many expected the other Nigerian at the club Philip Azango , who is more famous following stints with two professional teams in Nigeria in Nasarawa United and Plateau United to be the star at the club but it’s the less illustrious Hong that is now the talk of Slovakia.

Ten goals in all competitions (8 in the league & 2 in Cup games) spiced up with ten assists has announced him to top clubs in Europe with Anderlecht currently in a bidding war with fellow Belgium side Gent to price him from the Slovakian for a princely sum which many speculate could be in excess of €5m, which will amount to good business for the Slovak considering the fact that they signed the 19 year old was for free a little over a year ago.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/20/who-is-gent-anderlecht-target-hillary-gong-introducing-the-as-trencin-nigerian-teen-wonder/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 54 days 15 hours 17mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:56am On Apr 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Like seriously... Who do you think will be best for Arsenal also as regards the Impact this would have on Iwobi's career growth at Arsenal?

Tuchel... Rogers... Vieira... And what about Joachim Low? (If he decides to leave the Germany job perhaps... Will that even happen? Lol )

Allegri is definitely what Arsenal needs at the moment. He's someone who plays to his players strengths and gets the best out of them. He's also very flexible tactically. Makes superb subs as well.
Best manager for Iwobi? Tuchel no doubt. Great with young players and is similar to Pep in regards to positional play, etc. He's going to PSG sha so it's out of consideration.
Arteta will be good as well for Iwobi as they'll be a bit of familiarity. He's also likely to be more patient with him(Tuchel too and maybe Rodgers)
Rodgers is good with young players but sometimes he over experiments. He'd probably try Iwobi as a wing back, CM, 10, etc. I don't want him even though I feel he's a bit underrated as a coach.
Vieira would be a terrible choice for Arsenal. I watch NYCFC and I honestly don't understand what he's done to be considered as a replacement for Wenger.
In summary - all the names you mentioned will be good for him but some will just not be as patient as the other or as good a man manager like Wenger. I don't how Iwobi will react to "tough love" so yeah.
He has the ability to play under any of these guys but he'll need to do much much better than he has this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:57am On Apr 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

He will have to earn his keep with any coach just like he earned his chance with Wenger
Arteta will likely be more patient with him than say Allegri.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 4:02am On Apr 21, 2018
safarigirl:

Wao Safarigirl, I am one of your secret fans. With this post, u just made my day (even though the day is just about to start.......Lol). You have simply won me over completely. Your apology is a show of strength not weakness. Nice one from you

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:50am On Apr 21, 2018
edi287:

Allegri is definitely what Arsenal needs at the moment. He's someone who plays to his players strengths and gets the best out of them. He's also very flexible tactically. Makes superb subs as well.
Best manager for Iwobi? Tuchel no doubt. Great with young players and is similar to Pep in regards to positional play, etc. He's going to PSG sha so it's out of consideration.
Arteta will be good as well for Iwobi as they'll be a bit of familiarity. He's also likely to be more patient with him(Tuchel too and maybe Rodgers)
Rodgers is good with young players but sometimes he over experiments. He'd probably try Iwobi as a wing back, CM, 10, etc. I don't want him even though I feel he's a bit underrated as a coach.
Vieira would be a terrible choice for Arsenal. I watch NYCFC and I honestly don't understand what he's done to be considered as a replacement for Wenger.
In summary - all the names you mentioned will be good for him but some will just not be as patient as the other or as good a man manager like Wenger. I don't how Iwobi will react to "tough love" so yeah.
He has the ability to play under any of these guys but he'll need to do much much better than he has this season.

I have noticed a particular trend with managers over the year and to that extent I do understand why Viera is getting a look in.

Over the years, records have shown that visionaries often define an era when it comes to management. Starting with Wenger himself, when he was plucked from Japan, he arrived and shaked-up the English game with his fresh ideas on diets, attacking philosophy and modeling the Arsenal brand as a community club.
Those early days proved to be his most successful years as he got demystified and utterly left behind by younger visionaries whose management and ideas usurped his.

Jose Mourinho was at his best when he was fresh blood on the scene. Diego Simeone had a huge amount of success at the start of his tenure. Zinedine Zidane was a king when he started out. Even Luis Enrique when he took over the football at Barcelona. Same could be said about Conte (see how his fresh ideas on 3 man backline walked the Premiership) and of course Pep Guardiola.
Bayern Munich are unto something similar with the appointment of the Croat Niko Kovac (there goes my theory)

Spoting the next best thing (visionary as I call them) could be the way to go for a club like Arsenal. This could come in the shape of Viera who is a club legend, a winner and ultimately there's something about a guy who has developed and learnt his craft off the limelight. As risky as it seems, he could prove to be a master stroke, the next visionary. His friend at Madrid is ripping it up. Ultimately, his American story is not so different from Wenger's at Nagoya Grampus.

Someone like Arteta might be a smart move. He’s affable, speaks 5 languages, has played in 4 different leagues and he’s a thinker.A lot of top managers came out of La Masia, touching Cruyff and Bobby Robson along the way.If you want to take the game by storm, you have to bring something new to the table people haven’t seen before. Signing Arteta makes sense if he has something new to bring to the game.

Guys like Marcelino, the Valencia manager is a little bit special. Although he's off the main stream, but he is really good. A little bit too underrated for my liking. Hasselhutl at Rb Leipzig could be another next great thing in modern football.

Hopefully, the Arsenal suits hires the right man who can move the club forward. There fans have been great over the years. They deserve to be happy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:07am On Apr 21, 2018
goldfish80:

I have noticed a particular trend with managers over the year and to that extent I do understand why Viera is getting a look in.

Over the years, records have shown that visionaries often define an era when it comes to management. Starting with Wenger himself, when he was plucked from Japan, he arrived and shaked-up the English game with his fresh ideas on diets, attacking philosophy and modeling the Arsenal brand as a community club.
Those early days proved to be his most successful years as he got demystified and utterly left behind by younger visionaries whose management and ideas usurped his.

Jose Mourinho was at his best when he was fresh blood on the scene. Diego Simeone had a huge amount of success at the start of his tenure. Zinedine Zidane was a king when he started out. Even Luis Enrique when he took over the football at Barcelona. Same could be said about Conte (see how his fresh ideas on 3 man backline walked the Premiership) and of course Pep Guardiola.
Bayern Munich are unto something similar with the appointment of the Croat Niko Kovac (there goes my theory)

Spoting the next best thing (visionary as I call them) could be the way to go for a club like Arsenal. This could come in the shape of Viera who is a club legend, a winner and ultimately there's something about a guy who has developed and learnt his craft off the limelight. As risky as it seems, he could prove to be a master stroke, the next visionary. His friend at Madrid is ripping it up. Ultimately, his American story is not so different from Wenger's at Nagoya Grampus.

Someone like Arteta might be a smart move. He’s affable, speaks 5 languages, has played in 4 different leagues and he’s a thinker.A lot of top managers came out of La Masia, touching Cruyff and Bobby Robson along the way.If you want to take the game by storm, you have to bring something new to the table people haven’t seen before. Signing Arteta makes sense if he has something new to bring to the game.

Guys like Marcelino, the Valencia manager is a little bit special. Although he's off the main stream, but he is really good. A little bit too underrated for my liking. Hasselhutl at Rb Leipzig could be another next great thing in modern football.

Hopefully, the Arsenal suits hires the right man who can move the club forward. There fans have been great over the years. They deserve to be happy.
I agree but not Vieira. He really isn't anything special. Sure he could be a decent man manager, but nah not impressed. I personally wouldn't mind Arteta or even Xabi Alonso. Both with Jens Lehmann and maybe Martin Keown as part of the coaching staff would be cool.
We also have Wenger had won the league and gotten to the semi finals of the ucl with Monaco before he went to Japan. He probably would've won more league titles if not for Marseille cheating and doping.
Mou had already been assistant to both Van Gaal and Bobby Robinson before he started off at Uniao and did well for them before he got snapped up by Porto.
Same thing with Enrique who was successful with Barca B and did relatively well at Celta before he got the Barca gig.
Think they should be looking at Paulo Fonseca at Shaktar and Julian Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim. But you know Arsenal...instead they are looking at Ancelotti, Rodgers and Enrique. I don't trust any of them long term.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:24am On Apr 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Allegri is my pick.

And for Iwobi, he better gets more serious and consistent with him game. I am not picking any coach to suit him. He should adjust himself to suit any coach.

He is now a senior player in the team and should be a good example to the younger players. And no big deal if a new coach Comes and put him in the transfer basket. A player must not play in one club all his career. That may even make him a better player. Iwobi would be a good buy especially for any of those mid-table clubs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I have spoken of him once before on this thread.... he is currently starring for AS Trencin in Slovakia and is likely to follow in the footsteps of Simon Moses and Samuel Kalu who both moved to Belgium from Trencin. And guess what... all three are linked to the GBS academy in Nigeria..... he is not national team material just yet... but just another fine prospect to monitor smiley

Who Is Gent & Anderlecht Target Hillary Gong ? Introducing The AS Trencin Nigerian Teen Wonder

He probably didn’t know what to expect when he boarded the plane from Nigeria to Slovakia for his first test of professional football at Slovakian top division side AS Trencin last year. Fast forward to 2018 and the name Hillary Gong is a household name in Slovakia.

The Jos born winger took a while to settle into his new surroundings upon his arrival at Trencin from the popular GBS Academy of Jos in Nigeria, where his obvious qualities didn’t get him into any professional football club in Nigeria despite growing up in Plateau state Nigeria, home of the champions of the Nigeria Professional Football League Plateau United.

Jos is also the home of three other professional teams in Nigeria during the formative years of Gong but none of the trio of the now defunct JUTH FC, Giwa FC or even the famous Mighty Jet spotting his talents before the eagle eyes of Ahmed Ibrahim (Coach Bros) of the GBS Academy spotted his talent.

He played just twice last season which was his debut season as a professional footballer but he showed the talent the world is admiring now with a goal and an assist from just two league games.

At the start of this season many expected the other Nigerian at the club Philip Azango , who is more famous following stints with two professional teams in Nigeria in Nasarawa United and Plateau United to be the star at the club but it’s the less illustrious Hong that is now the talk of Slovakia.

Ten goals in all competitions (8 in the league & 2 in Cup games) spiced up with ten assists has announced him to top clubs in Europe with Anderlecht currently in a bidding war with fellow Belgium side Gent to price him from the Slovakian for a princely sum which many speculate could be in excess of €5m, which will amount to good business for the Slovak considering the fact that they signed the 19 year old was for free a little over a year ago.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/20/who-is-gent-anderlecht-target-hillary-gong-introducing-the-as-trencin-nigerian-teen-wonder/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 54 days 15 hours 17mins to go

He is a national team material.

Yes. The U20 national team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.