Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,120 members, 7,880,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12027486 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) (3621) ... (16408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:07am On May 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Aha!!!! Kingsley Michael follow.... cheesy Oya naa... Biko.... Oya just come whisper am for my ears naa.... wink

Yes na! The remainig 2, I no go talk am. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2018
Lucque:
Nothing we no go see for this thread.
What triggered the funny statement bro ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2018
Alfryd:
I think rohr should use player like ajiboye ,eze,agu,for Congo match caus we can't play them with our best player,bcaus does Congo player are too physical& too Strong in other to avoid injury

Don't worry yourself, those are the players that will prosecute the match. Rohr himself had already said that the game will be played by fringe players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2018
Wetin dey do you sef? angry Anybody hia go bite you nii? Or na because I no offer you free ticket and front seat for that concert last month? cheesy wink Haba na... I promise say I go do you well next time... Infact, it is a gentleman's pledge. grin

Me I kinda noticed up to 8-9 very very good talents in the team ooo.

But your own 3 got me curious... You don talk Kingsley Michael. Egbon communicate naa... Haba... I go report you oooo... I sabi your house ooo... angry

forgiveness:

Yes na! The reaming 2, I no go talk am. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On May 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Wetin dey do you sef? angry Anybody hia go bite you nii? Or na because I no offer you free ticket and front seat for that concert last month? cheesy wink Haba na... I promise say I go do you well next time... Infact, it is a gentleman's pledge. grin

Me I kinda noticed up to 8-9 very very good talents in the team ooo.

But your own 3 got me curious... You don talk Kingsley Michael. Egbon communicate naa... Haba... I go report you oooo... I sabi your house ooo... angry

Hahahahaha! list dem make I see. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:25am On May 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Na fact I dey tell you. This season, he was only injured twice or thrice.
Just listen to yourself... This is what we're talking about! "Twice or thrice". Meaning he does get injured even more frequently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:27am On May 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

I do not buy the injury prone argument. There are other injury prone players in the team.

Mikel Agu is NOT ahead of Joel... Joel came in and played games ahead of players that had been there for a long time. Ogu and Agbo have been in the team for longer. Joel must have done something right in training.

Joel Obi is a defensive midfielder, if you are looking for tackling, he is your man.. He is not the man to create chances for you. His friendly performances were not great but i expect him to make the team. He is good enough.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Hahahahaha! list dem make I see. grin

Ojoro... Na me ask first joor....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2018
Meanwhile, Pinnick should have someone working behind the scenes and away from media eyes in their quest to approach and convince Ademola Lookman as the first of several others in the next set of "The English and Euro Invasion project."

#Post-RussiaOperations #Covert

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:44am On May 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile, Pinnick should have someone working behind the scenes and away from media eyes in their quest to approach and convince Ademola Lookman as the first of several others in the next set of "The English and Euro Invasion project."

#Post-RussiaOperations #Covert

Bia isi okpukpu, throw more light. I'm interested
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:46am On May 22, 2018
Harry Kane Named England World Cup Captain
May 22, 2018 9:41 am

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has been named captain of the England team to this year’s FIFA World Cup.
Gareth Southgate made the announcement on Tuesday.

Speaking on Kane’s choice, Southgate said: “He is a meticulous professional and one of the most important things for a captain is that they set the standard every day.

“He has belief and high standards, and it is a great message for the team to have a captain who has shown that it is possible to be one of the best in the world over a consistent period of time.

“My feeling is that over the last 18 months in the camps that he’s been with us he has shown that he has got the desire to take that into a team environment and he recognises the importance of bringing others with him.

“Of course, Harry will need the support of the other good leaders that we have got around him.

“You don’t become a top team by just having a good captain with good values because that has got to spread right throughout the group but I think he is the one who is ready to take that challenge on.”

Kane’s only major tournament appearance for England was the 2016 European Championship in France where England lost to Iceland in the round of 16.

He was second top scorer last season in the Premier League with 30 goals.
England are in Group G with Belgium, Tunisia and Panama.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/harry-kane-named-england-world-cup-captain/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:47am On May 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Ojoro... Na me ask first joor....

Hahahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2018
West ham utd have finally got their new manager and it is none other than well.... You know who.... Manuel Pellegrini....

I know this sounds funny but I think Iheanacho will be his first transfer target... Looollll

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:52am On May 22, 2018
Brighton Set To Sign Free Agent Balogun
May 22, 2018 11:40 am

English Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion are on the verge of signing Nigerian international defender Leon Balogun from Mainz on a free transfer.

Balogun is seen as an ideal replacement for Uwe Hunemeier who departed the club for SC Paderborn, according to a report on ESPN FC.

The 29-year-old Super Eagles star is out of contract at Mainz this summer and Brighton look set to bring him to the Amex Stadium having secured their status in the EPL for next season.

Balogun made 15 appearances in all competitions for Mainz this season as they managed to avoid relegation from the Bundesliga.

The former SV Darmstadt 98 defender helped the Super Eagles qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and he is set to feature for his country at the tournament next month.
He has won 16 caps for the Super Eagles.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/brighton-set-to-sign-free-agent-balogun/

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:54am On May 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Just listen to yourself... This is what we're talking about! "Twice or thrice". Meaning he does get injured even more frequently.

Victor and Balogun dey get injured more frequently too. Let us drop dem grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2018
FIFA Celebrate Joel Obi At 27
May 22, 2018 11:34 am

The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) have sent birthday wishes to Super Eagles and Torino midfielder Joel Obi who turned 27 on Tuesday.
FIFA sent the birthday wishes on their verified Twitter handle.

Aside from Obi, the world football governing body also sent birthday greetings to other footballers past and present marking their birthday.
“Happy birthday to Joel Obi (27), Arturo Vidal (31), Cha Bumkun (65) and Paul Mariner (65),” FIFA tweeted on Tuesday.
Obi made his Super Eagles debut in 2011 and has gone on to make 15 appearances.

He is part of Gernot Rohr’s 30-man provisional squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

He featured for Inter Milan and Parma (loan) before joining current club Torino.
At Inter, he won the Coppa Italia (2011), Supercoppa (2010) and FIFA Club World Cup (2010).

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/fifa-celebrate-joel-obi-at-27/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

Bia isi okpukpu, throw more light. I'm interested

Then come behind the curtains.... This is covert and must be kept off the books of the media.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:59am On May 22, 2018
Iheanacho, Ebuehi, Ndidi, Omeruo Off To Super Eagles Camp
May 22, 2018 11:23 am

Five Super Eagles players are on their way to the camp of the team in Uyo ahead of next week’s international friendly against DR Congo in Port Harcourt, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

The players Kenneth Omeruo, Tyronne Ebuehi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Chidozie Awaziem and Wilfred Ndidi were aboard an Air Peace plane from Owerri on Tuesday morning.

Omeruo posted a picture of the quintet on board to the Super Eagles camp on his Instagram page with an emoji” Uyo”.
Their arrival will swell the number of players in camp to 12.

The players already in camp are Nigeria Professional Football League top scorer with 18 goals Junior Lokosa, Elderson Echiejile, Ogenyi Onazi, Willian Troost-Ekong, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina and Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-ebuehi-ndidi-omeruo-off-to-super-eagles-camp/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2018
Iwobi should play madrid so arsenal will know what they miss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2018
Kelechi Iheanacho has finally landed in Uyo. 'Will team up with his Super Eagles teammates and alongside the main Super Eagles squad and crew will also view the GoTVMAXCUP friendly between a section of Nigeria's Team B and Atletico madrid led by Gabi and Fernando Torres.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2018
maidaboi:
Iwobi should play madrid so arsenal will know what they miss

Don't let me grab you over there Sir Maidaboi.... angry

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:08pm On May 22, 2018
Kayode Celebrating with his team mates after winning the Ukrainian League.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:11pm On May 22, 2018
3-5-2 is the key against Croatia. Someone has to tell Rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neezar: 12:19pm On May 22, 2018
Humility017:

can you push yourself aside please...
you have been noticed...
thanks
bring out the match stats of all super eagles player and u will see how we won't make it to the round of 16

you guys love hyping all these below average eagles

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:21pm On May 22, 2018
interesting piece(though written by colin udoh)

http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3505630/exploring-the-global-appeal-behind-the-nigeria-kit-enjoying-huge-demand

Exploring the global appeal behind the Nigeria kit enjoying huge demand

Alex Iwobi of Nigeria Photo by Matthew Lewis/Getty Images
21 May, 2018
Colin Udoh, KweséESPN
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
comment
Nigeria announced on Thursday that the national team's new 2018 kit line had hit a record three million pre-orders, far outstripping anything that preceded it.

While this was the first time such official sales figures have been announced, it's clearly a number that leaves everything else in its wake.

Such high demand for a Nigeria kit is unprecedented, but NFF Vice President Shehu Dikko explained that they the federation were informed at a meeting with Nike on Thursday that the novel, throwback design was behind the broad appeal.

"They told us Nigeria is their best selling kit due to the uniqueness," Dikko told KweséESPN, "so it appeals to everyone both from a sporting and fashion point of view."

The VP was also quick to end any scepticism about the validity of the figures.

"The three million are not actual sales but orders placed by all of their stores across the world," Dikko added. "These orders will not be delivered at once, but probably over the lifespan of the jerseys, which have a cycle of about two years.

"They cannot produce without orders, and some of these orders may not be delivered until next year," he continued, "but the stores have placed them now to ensure they have consistent supply and don't run out of stock."

It's been nearly three months since the kit reveal, and frustration has grown among Nigerians who have been unable to purchase the attire, especially with less than a month to the World Cup.

Tyronne Ebuehi AP Photo/Matt Dunham
Cheap knockoffs have flooded the market as a result, retailing for around N10,000, significantly less than the expected $85 (N30,000) that the original will trade for.

This is a constant source of frustration for both the federation and its equipment suppliers, with Dikko arguing that it devalues the brand and compromises the country's ability to negotiate good deals with equipment manufacturers.

"The people who will criticise the NFF for not getting a so-called big sponsorship kit deal are the same ones who will undermine our ability to do so by buying the counterfeit jerseys," said the football official.

"It is hard to negotiate a good deal when the people you are negotiating with have to worry about fakes being sold openly in the market."

It is a situation that is almost unique to Nigeria, where sellers of the fake knockoffs advertise their wares openly online and offline with no fear of consequences.

"It is shocking," says Biola Kazeem, a sports marketing consultant.

"Nigeria is the only place where this kind of criminal behaviour will be allowed to go unchecked. Something needs to be done."

As it stands, Nike do not seem unduly troubled by the rush of fake jerseys flooding the market...perhaps the record number of orders may have had something to do with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Victor and Balogun dey get injured more frequently too. Let us drop dem grin
Like I said before. Their case is different as the are some of the important players in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2018
forgiveness:

His movement is very unique. I began to dribble that way in my late 20s. It shows maturity and calmness. I call it reflex action. You wait and act based on the actions of your opponent. grin

It is just like when something is thrown at u suddenly, it is either you act to dogge or catch.

This is Messi's style.

That's a good one.

Nigerians turn poet when they see foreign lads.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:54pm On May 22, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

Nigerians turn poet when they see foreign lads.

His he a foreign lad? shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:56pm On May 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Like I said before. Their case is different as the are some of the important players in the team.

He can also be one of our important players too because he got the talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:59pm On May 22, 2018
Nigeria Left At Home XI

Cc Forgiveness, komekn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:03pm On May 22, 2018
Joebie:
Nigeria Left At Home XI

Cc Forgiveness, komekn

Joebie no go kee pesin for hia ooooo.... Hahahahahahahahaha. ..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:10pm On May 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

Sir Forgiveness, you once said u don't expect nothing from Dat Amunike boys that they lack individual talents, that the reason they triumphed was because of Amunike's tactical astuteness, but much to my chagrin, the day u guys were arguing about which local coach NFF should consider for Eagles job, u bounced same Amunike saying he wasn't a good coach and today now, the same talentless players are being praised by even u Da Saint.

i have learn not to take the dude serious again

(1) (2) (3) ... (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) (3621) ... (16408) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, chrisooblog, Zonofman(m), Philosopher1979, TheGoodJoe(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.