Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,139 members, 7,887,295 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12063181 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2018
See Colin Udoh's Version of Nigeria's left-at-home XI (unselected XI)-- I posted it here like 8-9 days ago, many pages ago.

GK- Dele Alampasu

RB- Musa Mohammed

LB- Kingsley Madu

CB- Efe Ambrose

CB- Orji Kalu

MF- Anderson Esiti

MF- Nosa Igiebor

MF- Chidiebere Nwakali

FW- Henry Onyekuru

FW- Brown Ideye

FW- Obafemi Martins

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3498842/ideye-headlines-nigerias-unselected-xi

Bia Sir Joebie... How about Nigeria's left-at-home XI (the remix) having only English-bred/born Nigerian talents... wink We will call it the 100% Anglo-Nigerian version. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:17pm On May 22, 2018
komekn:

Don't think that's an option he simply is not a center forward see bold.

We most definitely need another CF and although Simy is not exceptional under the circumstances he is one of our better options as it stands.

Yes I'm in support for simmy to be in the worldcup, but you and i know that if Ighalo is injured and one person is to replace him that person will be iheanacho even if simi is there.

Who told you guys iheanacho is not a center forward, he played there for man city and scored many goals, he has more goals than ighalo playing that same position in super eagles.

Because you guys watched him in under17 worldcup does not change the fact that ge plays that position now.

If iheanacho is not a striker, not a winger then what is he goalkeeper?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2018
Joebie:
We old are? Only one possibility left hahaha
grin

Twill shock you that 3 more is left... 3!=6 grin
Lets not get started sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2018
Joebie:
We old are? Only one possibility left hahaha
grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:20pm On May 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Harry Kane Named England World Cup Captain
May 22, 2018 9:41 am

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has been named captain of the England team to this year’s FIFA World Cup.
Gareth Southgate made the announcement on Tuesday.

Speaking on Kane’s choice, Southgate said: “He is a meticulous professional and one of the most important things for a captain is that they set the standard every day.

“He has belief and high standards, and it is a great message for the team to have a captain who has shown that it is possible to be one of the best in the world over a consistent period of time.

“My feeling is that over the last 18 months in the camps that he’s been with us he has shown that he has got the desire to take that into a team environment and he recognises the importance of bringing others with him.

“Of course, Harry will need the support of the other good leaders that we have got around him.

“You don’t become a top team by just having a good captain with good values because that has got to spread right throughout the group but I think he is the one who is ready to take that challenge on.”

Kane’s only major tournament appearance for England was the 2016 European Championship in France where England lost to Iceland in the round of 16.

He was second top scorer last season in the Premier League with 30 goals.
England are in Group G with Belgium, Tunisia and Panama.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/harry-kane-named-england-world-cup-captain/

Tunisia have a very good chance against this England team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2018
forgiveness:

His he a foreign lad? shocked grin

Of course. He is foreign based, dude.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
3-5-2 is the key against Croatia. Someone has to tell Rohr.
exactly I want Rohr to apply this formation against Croatia. We have a disciplined and physical defence, they concede a lot of goals. We should just sit at the back and wait for counter attacks against them, but sadly we are not good at counter attacks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:32pm On May 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
3-5-2 is the key against Croatia. Someone has to tell Rohr.

I'm not sure that will help, our strength is in our wide players iwobi,v.moses and s. moses and sacrificing one or two of them for an extra defender won't help us against a team that is our direct rival.

They have a very tall mandzukic CF and very fast winger in perisic and good and intelligent midfielders meaning in Rakitic and modric, they can choose to play any way.

So been too conscious and reducing our attack won't help us, this match is more reason why we played Poland.

Remember after Nigeria, Croatia will play Argentina, they will be eager for win and inviting them to attack us won't help us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2018
The Nigeria national team kit as been ranked the 11th best kit in the world cup tournament.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On May 22, 2018
The fact that 3-5-2 is gonna be one of our tactical formations at the mundial shows that we may indeed need four CBs and not three... And may also take 8 defenders and not 7, on the overall.

We cannot be playing three CBs at the same time in that formation without a spare on the bench. Now that is one point.

Second point is that each fullback/wingback role needs their cover. Unless you wanna go with three fullback options based on best versatility with one covering for two fullback/wingback starters? Will that be okay? It is likely but don't know if we should take the risk..

So in all this is part of why I strongly suggest we go with 8 defenders. 7 may be it eventually and it may still be good but I see Rohr taking 8 unless he shocks me there by going with 7 with a MF able to provide that 8th option in defence.

Time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:39pm On May 22, 2018
No word repetition
daveP:
grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46pm On May 22, 2018
1xBet betting company joins a list of more newly acquired NFF and LMCNPFL financial "and otherwise" partners....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 1:47pm On May 22, 2018
Martz101:

Tunisia have a very good chance against this England team

How? Please explain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:47pm On May 22, 2018
Haha keeping with the new tradition of naming left-at-home XIs, Collins grin Udoh is spot on

Ah.. that would be so nice (FBs)
Let me leave that one for u.

Modified

That would be 100% Komekn XI

TheSuperNerd:
See Colin Udoh's Version of Nigeria's left-at-home XI (unselected XI)-- I posted it here like 8-9 days ago, many pages ago.

GK- Dele Alampasu

RB- Musa Mohammed

LB- Kingsley Madu

CB- Efe Ambrose

CB- Orji Kalu

MF- Anderson Esiti

MF- Nosa Igiebor

MF- Chidiebere Nwakali

FW- Henry Onyekuru

FW- Brown Ideye

FW- Obafemi Martins

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3498842/ideye-headlines-nigerias-unselected-xi

Bia Sir Joebie... How about Nigeria's left-at-home XI (the remix) having only English-bred/born Nigerian talents... wink We will call it the 100% Anglo-Nigerian version. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2018
Joebie:
Haha keeping with the new tradition of naming left-at-home XIs, Collins grin Udoh is spot on

Ah.. that would be so nice (FBs)
Let me leave that one for u.

No no no.... I could try but you know I am not the perfect man for the job. grin

Egbon Forgiveness gets my nod for this but he assists Sir Komekn.... cheesy

(I could say Komekn alone but I want Forgiveness' flavor and angle too) lol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:58pm On May 22, 2018
Your second point has been my suggestion. And who says we can’t list Shehu as a midfielder? Shehu is probably a better DM, and can give most of the other DMs a run for their money. But if he is not the preferred DM, he can give us a good option in the bench, and that’s if Rohr favors Ebuehi

TheSuperNerd:
The fact that 3-5-2 is gonna be one of our tactical formations at the mundial shows that we may indeed need four CBs and not three... And may also take 8 defenders and not 7, on the overall.

We cannot be playing three CBs at the same time in that formation without a spare on the bench. Now that is one point.

Second point is that each fullback/wingback role needs their cover. Unless you wanna go with three fullback options based on best versatility with one covering for two fullback/wingback starters? Will that be okay? It is likely but don't know if we should take the risk..

So in all this is part of why I strongly suggest we go with 8 defenders. 7 may be it eventually and it may still be good but I see Rohr taking 8 unless he shocks me there by going with 7 with a MF able to provide that 8th option in defence.

Time will tell.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bragging about making it to the 2nd round? anyone saying that is just for saying sake. rohr have said it couple of times that he isn't expecting much from the team at the world cup but will take each match as it goes. they may be high hopes because of the teams current form and resurgence but notwithstanding even if the team crashes out from the group rohr will continue with his job. you don't build a team in less than 2 years and expect them to do wonders in a short period of time. this current super eagles is still work in progress with a lot of positives so disengaging rohr just because the team couldn't make it pass the group stage is indirectly disbanding the team and starting afresh with a new coach who will introduce a new pattern of play and his own choice of players. this have been the norm of our football for years and have slowed the progression of our apex team.

U seem to underestimate the power of mental resilience and hunger that our boys are exhibiting presently. Dont worry.... England game will say it all how far we will go. No be june 2?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2018
elyte89:

Boss icon4s .u c say I no reply TheGoodjoe abt his claims.

Baba talk.am like say dstv den was very cheap to acquire in pH,I doubt his claims anyway cos if any new thing comes to Nigeria, it would be more rampant in use in Lagos state first b4 any oda part in Nigeria.

I could remember back den aw we would trekk to where dey is free to air satellite dish in Lagos just to catch a glimpse of football till d time AIT came to our rescue in 99-early 2000's showing European football competitions,den later few biz minded persons established viewing centers in early 2000 with dstv,d cyber cafe too came into existence in early 2000 etc

Am sure baba TheGoodjoe fit yan say cybercafe don dey pH tey tey grin ;Dand ATM MACHINE WAS IN use b4 2007

Anybody wey talk say him use ATM FOR NIGERIA B4 2007 IS LYING cheesy grin grin

Actually, TheGoodJoe may be very correct because I recall there was multichoice as far back as 93. They were marketed by midlands communications in Ibadan then. I recall we watched atlanta 96 on cable. How many people now have it privately is what i would deem as open for debate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:08pm On May 22, 2018
You’ve made a very good point

TheSuperNerd:

No no no.... I could try but you know I am not the perfect man for the job. grin

Egbon Forgiveness gets my nod for this but he assists Sir Komekn.... cheesy

(I could say Komekn alone but I want Forgiveness' flavor and angle too) lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neezar: 2:13pm On May 22, 2018
Argentina and Croatia to qualify from the group

Iceland to finish 3rd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:16pm On May 22, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 22, 2018
Rockyrascal:
exactly I want Rohr to apply this formation against Croatia. We have a disciplined and physical defence, they concede a lot of goals. We should just sit at the back and wait for counter attacks against them, but sadly we are not good at counter attacks.
Are you aware there is a contradiction in your statement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2018
Best conversion rate in the Bundesliga this past season (5+ goals)- 2017/2018 (Whoscored.com)

A. Lookman -- 38.5%
�L. Holtby -- 26.1%
�M. Uth -- 25.9%

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:18pm On May 22, 2018
k
neezar:
Argentina and Croatia to qualify from the group

Iceland to finish 3rd

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:22pm On May 22, 2018
Joebie:
k

That poster posted a similar thing not too long ago. It appears that is his only contribution.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:23pm On May 22, 2018
Boys off to Uyo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2018
Martz101:

Yes I'm in support for simmy to be in the worldcup, but you and i know that if Ighalo is injured and one person is to replace him that person will be iheanacho even if simi is there.

Who told you guys iheanacho is not a center forward, he played there for man city and scored many goals, he has more goals than ighalo playing that same position in super eagles.

Because you guys watched him in under17 worldcup does not change the fact that ge plays that position now.

If iheanacho is not a striker, not a winyger then what is he goalkeeper?

Playing in Man City with some of the best players in the world who will make an average player seem world class.

Where does KC play for Leicester in most recent times.

If Ighalo is injured I will play Simi as a striker not KC, without comprehensive support against top defenders KC can become anonymous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Best conversion rate in the Bundesliga this past season (5+ goals)- 2017/2018 (Whoscored.com)

A. Lookman -- 38.5%
�L. Holtby -- 26.1%
�M. Uth -- 25.9%

I am not suprised, the Germans are now looking to bring in much more young Athletic African origin talent into the Bundesliga.

Check where Leipzig head of recruitment has come from will give you an insight on current trends in the Bundesliga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neezar: 2:34pm On May 22, 2018
Joebie:
k
y u quoting me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2018
Truidstar:
Are you aware there is a contradiction in your statement.
oh well yes; it's a versatile formation that modifies itself throughout the course of a game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
Boys off to Uyo.

That bross for extreme Right no fit in at all. The Chemistry is obviously not there. Na Lokosa be that? grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
Boys off to Uyo.
at the last left, and is that vic Moses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EEGA and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.