Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,263 members, 7,934,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12337590 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3799) (3800) (3801) (3802) (3803) (3804) (3805) ... (16555) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2018
tbaba1234:
My starting lineup for England
Uzoho
Balogun Ekong Shehu (Ebuehi at 60 mins) Idowu (Aina at 60 mins with a last chance to impress)
Onazi (Ndidi at 80 mins) Etebo Mikel
Iwobi V.Moses (Iheanacho at 60 mins) Ighalo (Simy at 60 mins)
that midfield is very ripe....I like it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2018
Icon79:
On the bench grin

But this one Simeon Moses isn't gonna be available, we might not have too many options; hence, I can see him playing that wing role in Russia.

O pari

So you see? After you described him as having so much AM abilities you prefer him on the bench when Mikel is on the pitch.

But now you have said it yourself that due to lack of quality wings options he will play the wings role. And that is just the reality on ground.

But also note that even with Simon is in the squad Iwobi is still favorite to start ahead of him on the wings.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

in the first place i never impugned your beliefs, you got into the issue casting unfounded aspersions on me and that was needless cos i will ask you again: what are my views on the exclusion of kayode and the inclusion of Nwakali in the 35 man list? i do not expect an answer but for the record let me say it that it was low of you to make that statement. i got to tell you.
Mujtahida wetin now,pls take it cool cos you and Chief are respectable member of this thread.Pls and God bless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

but if you recollect in the friendly against argentina even with mikel we were on the backfoot in the first half. only that our counter attacking forays that day were highly effective.

Were you expecting we will dominate Argentina?

In fact it was normal that we were dominated by Poland. One because they are ranked far ahead of us and two they were playing at home. These are no absolute factors but they also play their roles.

As for Serbia, they had more quality packed in their team so what do you expect?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:29pm On May 30, 2018
Kog45:
Mujtahida wetin now,pls take it cool cos you and Chief are respectable member of this thread.Pls and God bless
no yawa baba. me full of respect for baba icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:31pm On May 30, 2018
Kog45:

Egbon no wahala. We just ironed one or two issues out.

We are back to football now.

Thanks for the concern.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:31pm On May 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Were you expecting we will dominate Argentina?

In fact it was normal that we were dominated by Poland. One because they are ranked far ahead of us and two they were playing at home. These are no absolute factors but they also play their roles.

As for Serbia, they had more quality packed in their team so what do you expect?
so at the WC na so we go sit down dey watch SE soak up pressure and then hit on the counter? wont that be too predictable?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:

That is outrageously expensive....My budget is like 40 -50 $$$

$40 - $50 for a nike international jersey Really When last was a nike jersey sold at that price and not being on sale?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

access him on the wings for the SE. how effective has he been

His best international games for Nigeria has been from the wings. His goals for SE against Zambia and Argentina came from his play on the left wing. Although, he has equally had poor games out there which resulted in him loosing the starting spot to Moses Simon [SA, Algeria(home), Poland].
It's been like Russian Roulette with Alex. Never know which Iwobi will turn up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:42pm On May 30, 2018
krattoss:
eveytime I see ur comment. I tend to to question ur age and maturity of reasoning. U claim u re an oldie but I doubt that. I still imagine u as a ranting teenager crying over and over again..

If not that u Don tae for this thread, I for Don take u as a troll..

Last last, ur matter Don tire me embarassed embarassed

Are we not here to analysis issues holistically in regards to players, selections of players, administration, etc of Nigerian football?

When I saw the list I critically studied the situation and figured out the sinister behind the 30 man list.

It became more glaring when another list was released with 7 strange names on it.

It was after then, I gave my submission that Nwakali was on the 35 man list after adding one plus one with my brain but many claimed my theory was wrong. grin

Behold, Rohr has confirmed and affirmed with his mouth that indeed Nwakali was on the 35 man list. GBAM

Now, that I have been vindicated, what is the meaning of all these names calling and saving face talk?

Should I not clear myself of numerous false allegations in the face of concrete fact that vindicates me?

Abeg!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:42pm On May 30, 2018
What Sir forgiveness is doing should not be encouraged. The sign of a great man is when you are been cheated and others rise to your defence without saying you saying a word. I am Yoruba but I will never clamour for the inclusion of players from my tribe. Why should I do that. You might say he does fight for others but the percentage is proportionately abysmaly
Mujtahida:

you see thats the problem. great mind when my views align with the majority but not great mind when i say forgiveness should be answered with facts or his posts disregarded? i do not think that is a good way to look at this issue and i feel cheap if i am seen in the light of the advise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2018
fabyom:
Joel, balogun, Tyrone, Onazi, Musa, Aina, Ekong, Etebo, simmy.These are guys playing consistently for their club week in week out in some of the best leagues in the world. What's your criteria for terming them average. However, yes they are not outstanding but they are not average.

Musa that couldn't make Leicester first team. Aina that had to be loaned to tier 2 league etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2018
forgiveness:

Are we not here to analysis issues holistically in regards to players, selections of players, administration, etc of Nigerian football?

When I saw the list I critically studied the situation and figured out the sinister behind the 30 man list.

It became more glaring when another list was released with 7 strange names on it.

It was after then, I gave my submission that Nwakali was on the 35 man list after adding one plus one with my brain but many claimed my theory was wrong. grin

Behold, Rohr has confirmed and affirmed with his mouth that indeed Nwakali was on the 35 man list. GBAM

Now, that I have been vindicated, what is meaning all this name calling and saying face talk?

Should I not clear myself of numerous false allegations in the face of that vindicates me?

Abeg!

So are you saying Nwakali was dropped because he is Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 8:52pm On May 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

Uzoho

Balogun
Ekong
Shehu (Ebuehi at 60 mins)
Idowu (Aina at 60 mins with a last chance to impress)

Onazi (Ndidi at 80 mins)
Etebo
Mikel

Iwobi
V.Moses (Iheanacho at 60 mins)
Ighalo (Simy at 60 mins)

Boss remove Etebo and put Ndidi in.
Switch
1) Aina and Idowu around.
2) V. Moses and Iheanacho around.
I expect the epl players to start and also V. Moses is just joining the team, I don't expect him to play, but if he does he would not be a starter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:53pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

no yawa.

i am currently watching nigeria v poland friendly. defense seem to be the thing that characterizes our game now. we are described as the counter attacking team. the ball is played in our pitch. we dont control the game. when did we start playing this kind of football?
As soon as Rohr started playing with two destroyers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

as for support i dey dem back gidigba. we must send positive vibes to the team. thats why i dont like naysayers. yes, the team is average or even below average but assuming you are a coach so all you'd do is to remind your boys on the eve of the world cup that they are average? good coaches will always make you believe you are better than you are. its a mental thing.
An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great.

i repeat its a mental thing

Rohr himself have always said the team has no star and they are ranked lowest in the group. Almost like he is giving excuse for failure in view ....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:54pm On May 30, 2018
goldfish80:

His best international games for Nigeria has been from the wings. His goals for SE against Zambia and Argentina came from playing on the left wing. Although, he has equally had poor games on the wings which resulted in him loosing the starting spot to Moses Simon [SA, Algeria(home), Poland].
It's been like Russian Roulette with Alex. Never know which Iwobi will turn up.
Analyse those goals again. He was deployed on the wings agreed but the goals came from the middle.

Your point about him being inconsistent is all about the ineffectiveness I'm talking about. How can we bank on him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:55pm On May 30, 2018
Humility017:
I am so ashamed of some folks here...crying nepotism.....
so rohr is now an ibo man or even a Yoruba...or Hausa...
so true that common sense is never common.
if one of the three major ethnic groups could cry of being marginalized in the super eagles how about..... other minority ethnic groups like the edos, benue indigenes and lots more in the super eagles...?
the last time I checked there is no edo man or even enang man in the nff or in the coaching crew....so how do players like Ighalo, ebuehi and troost keep getting call ups....
?

the truth is you cannot hide competence.... rohr is not blind If you're good...you're good.. no tribal sentiments can hide your shine....

only a tribal personified person will cry of nepotism in the current super eagles set up....
it is so annoying that some elders here...are buying this tribalism stew served by oga forgiveness.
he should be ignored...please.

In Rohr's voice. I didn't make the list on my own..

Maybe the backroom staff are renter ojuju. shocked

Joebie:

It (the list) was not of my own making alone. I have backroom staff, including the medical team and I gathered all of them in my house. We looked at the players one by one and asked what qualities they have, and how they will complement the other players,” Rohr explained during a media briefing in Uyo on Friday.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:55pm On May 30, 2018
goldfish80:

Rohr himself have always said the team has no star and they are ranked lowest in the group. Almost like he is giving excuse for failure in view ....
The man nearly made a song out of that point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:55pm On May 30, 2018
Jarus:

So are you saying Nwakali was dropped because he is Igbo?

Is that what you read, sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:57pm On May 30, 2018
Echeijele, thank your star tbaba1234 is not the super Eagles coach. No matter how well you play you won't smell the world cup. Aina wetin you give baba chop self cos I no understand why he loves you like this!!
tbaba1234:

Uzoho

Balogun
Ekong
Shehu (Ebuehi at 60 mins)
Idowu (Aina at 60 mins with a last chance to impress)

Onazi (Ndidi at 80 mins)
Etebo
Mikel

Iwobi
V.Moses (Iheanacho at 60 mins)
Ighalo (Simy at 60 mins)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:57pm On May 30, 2018
forgiveness:

It's okay. Let this matter rest. Me ma dem advise me that we should talk football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

there must be balance. counter attack should be an aspect of our game not our game

Mikel did not play in that game. No body to link our back with our attackers.

Honestly majority of the lapses we are seeing is because Mikel hasn't played.

Apart from his position his leadership is also a calming and balancing balm to our younger players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2018
forgiveness:

Is that what you read, sir?

I didnt understand where the nepotism I saw in one of your posts in this matter came from.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:59pm On May 30, 2018
goldfish80:

Iwobi came into limelight playing on the left wing against Barcelona. He was mustard in that game and in the final games of that season. He can make the wing his own just like Nasri did. He doesn't have the balance in his game to sustain play in the midfielder for now, in my opinion.
He is like Nasri. He can play at both positions. I only want him to play as an AM so Mikel can be pushed back to aid with our buildup play.
People who don't like him playing outwide don't like inverted wide players I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:00pm On May 30, 2018
ykalhaji:

Boss remove Etebo and put Ndidi in.
Switch
1) Aina and Idowu around.
2) V. Moses and Iheanacho around.
I expect the epl players to start and also V. Moses is just joining the team, I don't expect him to play, but if he does he would not be a starter.

Ndidi is just recovering from injury so it is better to give him just 10 -15 mins for his first game back.

The other suggestions are not bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2018
forgiveness:

you see how reasonable you're.
so that singular meeting birth your unfounded fear...
you're truly a tribal bigot sorry to say...because only a tribal bigot will swiftly think.such....

you really need to change.....I am really surprised

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:00pm On May 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

My man just started the never ending argument...

This is no longer argument. This is broad day light fact.

Rohr and his coaching crew sneaked in players that under performed this season in the Nigerian 35 man list.

What a shame.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:03pm On May 30, 2018
Jarus:

I didnt understand where the nepotism I saw in one of your posts in this matter came from.
please let him be..bro.
he has called the super eagles...a secret cult before.

just that when some folks see that their they were unable to have their way....they begin look for excuses and accusations to make.....
maturity teaches that it is not every time you must always have your way.
in life sometimes you win...other times you may loose.... but never start apportioning blames...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:03pm On May 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's okay. Let this matter rest. Me ma dem advise me that we should talk football.

Make I answer those people wey don attack me for back and especially my mentions, abeg. grin

I noticed some back biters. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:06pm On May 30, 2018
goldfish80:

There is a quiet confidence about Rohr. It is important that the players keep themselves humble without degrading themselves. This team is thinking big but they have to keep their legs on the ground first and focus on game 1.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:06pm On May 30, 2018
forgiveness:

This is no longer argument. This is broad day light fact.

Rohr and his coaching crew sneaked in players that under performed this season in the Nigerian 35 man list.

What a shame.
I think the biggest shame should be you...bro.
you have swiftly envolved a false....premise to tarnish rohr's reputation....
thank God he is not an ibo man your allegations would have been on a high level.

yusuf sanusi who is an Hausa man still the under 23 team he assembled that played athletico were not littered with his ethnic men....
so where did you harvest your fears from?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3799) (3800) (3801) (3802) (3803) (3804) (3805) ... (16555) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), solonnachi, Toylove, SunShowAfrica, IFELEKE(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.