Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,733 members, 7,875,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12000660 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4466) (4467) (4468) (4469) (4470) (4471) (4472) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
forgiveness:

That's a good one. It pains me Mikel Agu didn't make the team. He should just find his way to Ligue 1.
and you think it is that easy...can a player give what he don't have...?
some of these players I think are lazy...few take time to work on some themselves..football is like academics students who take extra time to read and study...Will always do better than those who do not.
how many of these guys have ever think of hiring a personal trainer to build themselves...none I guess.

so better he head to Portuguese division 2 league or turkey and play for one buraspor or lilospur club...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Goodnews our players starting on a good note. We hope they continue like this into the season proper!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

He is already an England U18 star but he looks promising even though preseasons flatter to deceive grin

In just two friendlies. They are inconsequential.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
Read somewhere that Carl has been offered a job in technical crew department of SEs.

I must say this is a good gesture extended by the Federation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Carl offered a job with the super eagles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

Iwobi, Achor, Assensio, Vieto, el sharawy , wilshere, walcot, Alex Arnord, maitland niles, Mbappe, Moussa Dembele et al too numerous to mention grin
who is Achor?

Saying pre-season helped these people is laughable TBH. What about Ojo, Onomah, Abraham, V Moses and many others who have had good preseason that eventually amounted to nothing?

Getting excited over pre-season is like getting your hopes up because you passed JAMB, passing JAMB is not the main thing, you can pass JAMB and still fail to get admission, meanwhile someone with below 200 will enter school same year.

Don't get your hopes up grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Humility017:

and you think it is that easy...can a player give what he don't have...?
some of these players I think are lazy...few take time to work on some themselves..football is like academics students who take extra time to read and study...Will always do better than those who do not.
how many of these guys have ever think of hiring a personal trainer to build themselves...none I guess.

so better he head to Portuguese division 2 league or turkey and play for one buraspor or lilospur club...

Person wey don play full season for Portuguese liga and Belgium pro league come take add MOTMs join him performance na him you say make em go Portuguese second division. Nna en!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
forgiveness:

thank you!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
tbaba1234:
Carl offered a job with the super eagles.

Good thinking, good product
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Williamsville v Enyimba 1-0 (73 mins)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Enyimba down by 2-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Williamsville v Enyimba 2-0 (78 mins)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Enyimba tactically so poor today despite playing on a very good pitch
A Nigerian Folorunsho plays for them and they are better and more fit than our guys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
safarigirl:
thank you!

To someone who is making a case for a player who is using preseason to push for an opportunity? Hahaha u forgot preseason flatters to deceive Lol grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Oh I didnt know those two matches for England U18s were friendlies. Then, I urge Aigbogun to draft him in ASAP. He has showed enough to have a look in. Dude is good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
oloriooko:
Enyimba tactically so poor today despite playing on a very good pitch
A Nigerian Folorunsho plays for them and they are better and more fit than our guys

Can Enyimba still qualify from this group? Our league is poo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
This Lukas could turn to another Alaba or Dele Ali. Make Rohr scout am. I am judging him based on this performance but from what I saw.

Man City Next Big Hope, Eligible For Nigeria, England & Germany, On Target Against Bayern

Published: July 29, 2018

Lukas Nmecha netted his first goal in pre-season as Manchester City came from two goals down to defeat Bundesilga champions Bayern Munich at the Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Gardens, Florida) on Saturday.

Two players of Nigerian descent started the game, David Alaba for the Germans and Nmecha for the English champs, while City trio Tosin Aderabioyo, Tom Dele-Bashiru and the 17-year-old central defender Nathanael Ogbeta watched proceedings from the bench.

Bayern Munich established a two-goal lead after 24 minutes thanks to strikes from Meritan Shabani and Arjen Robben, before Bernardo Silva halved the deficit just before half-time.

On 51 minutes, Nmecha finally got on the score-sheet, profiting from a rebound after Bayern Munich goalkeeper Sven Ulreich parried a long-range strike form Foden.

The 19-year-old would have opened the scoring in the 12th minute but saw his shot rattle the post after beating the goalkeeper.

Born in Hamburg, Germany, Lukas Nmecha is eligible to represent the senior national teams of Nigeria, Germany and England.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=28689

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
solonnachi:

Can Enyimba still qualify from this group? Our league is poo
Horrible play from them
Tactical approach is zero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

To someone who is making a case for a player who is using preseason to push for an opportunity? Hahaha u forgot preseason flatters to deceive Lol grin
I was thanking him with the thought that he is against the hurried preseason shout. Didn't know he was hyping the same garbage

I withdraw my thanks then, pre-season flatters to deceive..... Same as your words, they have proven to be as weightless as pre-season games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
safarigirl:
I was thanking him with the thought that he is against the hurried preseason shout. Didn't know he was hyping the same garbage

I withdraw my thanks then, pre-season flatters to deceive..... Same as your words, they have proven to be as weightless as pre-season games

Forgiveness was not talking about pre season games, he was saying that Luke Amos has not played any competitive games for England. Meaning, he is eligible for 9ja without a switch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
safarigirl:

Bhuuuhahaha grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

U are very funny. Rohr should invite someone from chinese second division club just because of the tag "Nig-brazilian"?

Just the same way we should invite Ryan Sanusi because he is Moussa Dembele's cousin grin

Funny ppl full here walahi grin
It does not matter bro. Football is sometimes about opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
tbaba1234:

Forgiveness was not talking about pre season games, he was saying that Luke Amos has not played any competitive games for England. Meaning, he is eligible for 9ja without a switch.

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
u18 star at the age 21?
ChrisKels:

He is already an England U18 star but he looks promising even though preseasons flatter to deceive grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Simmy nwankwo was far ahead of sadiq last season stop hyping a player because of a meaningless pre season goal and i still don't think he will get a call up this year ..kayode ,nwankwo,onyekuru,success,iheanacho,ighalo are all ahead of him mtcheeew
ChrisKels:

Whenever u c me clamoring for a player, just know that I have genuine reasons. I always asked that this boy be given a chance prior to the world cup but ppl kept harping on his Olympics performance. Some even said he was a donkey that falls at every slightest touch. They said they would rather Simmy Nwankwo than the most feared attacker then in the Eredivisie.

I know this is early days, but this is first of many to come.

Tbaba1234 stood by me then sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
the kid is very good.took notice ofhim at the last olympics and last season preseason matches where he performed very well against psg. he has all it takes to metamophose into a monster of a striker
ChrisKels:

I will reiterate, and I dont care whatever reason anybody gonna give, Umar Sadiq is heads and shoulders better than Tammy Abraham that we would have mistakenly taken to the world cup just because he is FB.

Dude is immensely talented
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
charlesemeka85:
u18 star at the age 21?

His last match for the U18s was in 2015. I didnt know Dude is already 21 oo, I advice we pull an Iwobi on him before England gives him a competitive chance at any level, since he doesn't require any switch.

Rohr please cap him for us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
isan:
Simmy nwankwo was far ahead of sadiq last season stop hyping a player because of a meaningless pre season goal and i still don't think he will get a call up this year ..kayode ,nwankwo,onyekuru,success,iheanacho,ighalo are all ahead of him mtcheeew

The post u quoted is raving the boy because of his last season exploits which made me ask for him to be given a chance prior the mundial . Same post clearly said his preseason goal is first of many to come this season. I wonder where u got that line that my fascination with him is borne outta a mere preseason goal. I wanna believe u dont have problems with comprehension,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ChrisKels:

His last match for the U18s was in 2015. I didnt know Dude is already 21 oo, I advice we pull an Iwobi on him before England gives him a competitive chance at any level, since he doesn't require any switch.

Rohr please cap him for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
safarigirl:

Wicked gyal. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Clementoke:

You are well done sir. Still monitoring Umar sha before I make up my mind

Thank you say.. I have taken interest i Rangers matches..only when he plays ooo...

My submissions:
He falls as usual..there was a case he fell inside the the 18..fans roared for a penalty....it could turn out good one day...positive aspect of his falls grin grin grin ;...His runs of the ball were quite good but it seemed some of his midfielders were not interested...his first touch was good..passes good..when he gets the ball,it seems something creative is about to happen...however that clumsiness is still there...we need to see more of him...this was just a friendly...we wait for a match situation to asses him more...but we have a talent here...Success,Awoniyi,Kayode...the battle is set
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
Greek Super League side PAOK have emerged as the new frontrunners to sign Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom ahead of Sint-Truiden, according to reports.

Gazzetta.gr says the Hale End Academy product is expected in Thessaloniki to finalise his transfer from Arsenal.

PAOK have been working on a deal to sign Akpom for one and a half months now and negotiations were conducted in secrecy.

Sint-Truiden were ready to pay 2 million pounds for the former England U21 star but PAOK's agreement with the Gunners is for one million euros, with a sell-on clause inserted into the deal by the London club.

PAOK are competing in the qualifying rounds of the UEFA Champions League and this might have convinced Akpom to choose the Greek club ahead of Sint-Truiden, where he spent the second half of last season on loan.

The 22-year-old has gone out on loan to English clubs Brentford, Coventry City, Nottingham Forest, Hull City and Brighton since debuting for the Emirates outfit in September 2013.

Ifeanyi Udeze was a player of PAOK when he represented the Super Eagles at the 2002 World Cup.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4466) (4467) (4468) (4469) (4470) (4471) (4472) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.