Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,817 members, 7,872,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11986774 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4469) (4470) (4471) (4472) (4473) (4474) (4475) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

They are playing with zero tactics... How can you be this disorganized in defence away from home? Seriously, we need to flush out all the NPFL coaches..

tbaba1234:

I doubt the NPFL makes enough to pay their weekly wages. Why would a Portuguese player from Feirense want to come on loan to Remo Stars?? What benefit would it provide the player??

The coaching is poor, the gameplay is poor. How will a player improve in that environment? If the standard between the Portuguese league and the NPFL were comparable, it would be understandable but the gulf in standard is too much

cc:BascoVanVeli

These are a couple of comments, i have made on coaches in the NPFL. This is months back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
lol

We just need to put a slick and fleet system consistency into the University and secondary school talent search for the game.

Now it's obvious being highest goal scorer for NPFL isn't a distinction again. It's now a reflection of bismal dismal.

Let them give good pitches and see how talents are born.

An average Nigerian football player from street to pitch level is not known to be conversant with smooth pitches, this a lot of "no bouncing"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

cc:BascoVanVeli

These are a couple of comments, i have made on coaches in the NPFL. This is months back.

The conversation I am talking about didn't happen a month ago but carry on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

No you haven't. You always blamed the performance on the players quality. This time you shifted your post to where mine is.

I have talked about players quality, coaching, organization, corruption..

Basically everything.

How can i be shifting post when i have been saying the same thing for ages?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The conversation I am talking about didn't happen a month ago but carry on.

This is months back, earlier this year. I am sure, i will find more if i keep digging.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

I have talked about players quality, coaching, organization, corruption..

Basically everything.

How can i be shifting post when i have been saying the same thing for ages?

Even when I just lately said we need better coaches in our league you were talking about youth coaches. These are reasons I gave you since day one bar player quality which doesn't depend on any of these factors.
Remember you were basing their quality on CAF results and these were the reasons I gave or are you saying I said something else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The problem with the league is that there are too many factors that are against it that it can't control. Factors like referees, corruption, change of ownership, vultures in the form of agents, Giwa vs Pinnick, etc. Someone like Siasia should be coaching in the league instead of running his mouth. Enyimba is looking for a new coach and I am sure he won't apply.
Siasia coached at Heartland. I remember him complaining about how some of the players couldn't do the basics like trapping the ball correctly. While all the factors you've mentioned are true, I think a lack of quality is also an issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Even when I just lately said we need better coaches in our league you were talking about youth coaches. These are reasons I gave you since day one bar player quality which doesn't depend on any of these factors.
Remember you were basing their quality on CAF results and these were the reasons I gave or are you saying I said something else?

You made it seem as if i was stealing your point when it is something i have raised long before now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
edi287:

Siasia coached at Heartland. I remember him complaining about how some of the players couldn't do the basics like trapping the ball correctly. While all the factors you've mentioned are true, I think a lack of quality is also an issue.

Almost all the guys who have left from the npfl last year are starters in Europe. That is quality. I am sorry if they don't play for Barcelona but they are proving they have quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

You made it seem as if i was stealing your point when it is something i have raised long before now.

Then why did you make CHAN and CAF club competitions a criteria when you always said coaching was a problem? I am confused here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
Triniti:
I think you are the only one who does not understand an essay that awaken what dual nationality players goes through worldwide, dude said he’s not a politician, he’s just a sports man and was not there to endorse the Turkish president policies. It was charity function they attended together, by the way, didn’t you see ikay with him there too? They equally took the same picture with man. You have been sounding like the right wings with your analysis of this issue, even German Turks are with Ozil on this matter,they have openly shown solidarity with him, if you hate ozil this much just say it out and stop hanging about him recognizing his root and taking a picture with the president of Turkey as reason why he should take a fall for a poor World Cup outing

Look, Oezil made a very naive mistake posing for that picture and gifting his jersey to Erdogan. This guy is a super star player, a brand name who commands respect around the world. As a matter of fact, in 2016 he was rated as the biggest brand name in the premiership.
Knowing the world We live in is a politically charged environment where perception is everything.
Footballers and entertainers do not live in isolation of their environment. The picture was not ordinary, Erodgan used the photo in billboards to campaign in Turkish diaspora communities who are allowed to vote.

While Iyka Gundoghan addressed the matter when it was fresh, Oezil and his PR team lingered and waited for things to die down, which unfortunately didn't, following Germany's failure in Russia.
See, the western world is not like Africa where everything goes. You always have a repercussion for anything you do, Oezil is paying for his errors with loss of sponsorship from Vodacom, Mercedes Benz.

Are Germans racists? By all means, just like other European countries. But should Mesut have allowed himself to be used by a tyrant leader to win elections? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Almost all the guys who have left from the npfl last year are starters in Europe. That is quality. I am sorry if they don't play for Barcelona but they are proving they have quality.

undecided

Continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
Icon4s:

undecided

Continue

Phillip Azango Trencin, Alhassan Ibrahim Nacional, Steven Odey Zurich, Afeez Aremu IK Start, Obinna Nwobodo Ujpest.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Off my head I don't believe he has played near 100 pro games. He had one season in the championship and another at Swansea, that added to the scraps he played at Chelsea cannot be near 100.

Wahala no deh.

You go school prove me wrong, I know the exact number of professional league games he has played.

But I will not do the homework for you. You are refuting the statistics not me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Phillip Azango Trencin, Alhassan Ibrahim Nacional, Steven Odey Zurich, Afeez Aremu IK Start, Obinna Nwobodo Ujpest.

Did I say anything? I only said continue grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Did I say anything? I only said continue grin

Oga that continue get faces o. No wahala I shall continue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Oga that continue get faces o. No wahala I shall continue.

Well, continue but my hand no dey sha grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
komekn:

Wahala no deh.

You go school prove me wrong, I know the exact number of professional league games he has played.

But I will not do the homework for you. You are refuting the statistics not me.

You didn't give an exact you said nearly 100 which just didn't sound right considering the facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Well, continue but my hand no dey sha grin

I see cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
goldfish80:

Look, Oezil made a very naive mistake posing for that picture and gifting his jersey to Erdogan. This guy is a super star player, a brand name who commands respect around the world. As a matter of fact, in 2016 he was rated as the biggest brand name in the premiership.
Knowing the world We live in is a politically charged environment where perception is everything.
Footballers and entertainers do not live in isolation of their environment. The picture was not ordinary, Erodgan used the photo in billboards to campaign in Turkish diaspora communities who are allowed to vote.

While Iyka Gundoghan addressed the matter when it was fresh, Oezil and his PR team lingered and waited for things to die down, which unfortunately didn't, following Germany's failure in Russia.
See, the western world is not like Africa where everything goes. You always have a repercussion for anything you do, Oezil is paying for his errors with loss of sponsorship from Vodacom, Mercedes Benz.

Are Germans racists? By all means, just like other European countries. But should Mesut have allowed himself to be used by a tyrant leader to win elections? Your guess is as good as mine.
You are on this alone bro, the German FA has owned up that they handle the picture with Erdogan poorly and has apologized to all party concerned. Do you know more than the German fa?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
isan:
U said people prefer him to simmy prior to the world cup but simmy was the right option and so but he is not better than Tammy in anyway

Tammy was not available for selection so why the comparison?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
PAOK are on the verge of announcing the signing of Chuba Akpom after the Arsenal striker arrived in Thessaloniki on Monday morning for a routine medical examination.

According to gazzetta.gr, the Nigerian starlet will put pen to paper on a three-year contract if he passes a medical.

The Gunners will be paid approximately one million euros (N413 million) for breaking their contract with Akpom before its expiration and an official announcement on his transfer to PAOK will be made today or tomorrow.

Arsenal have inserted a sell-on clause into the deal taking Akpom to PAOK and the contract also includes a release clause of €8 million (approximately N3.3 billion).

Akpom has been on the books of Arsenal since the age of six and departs the North London club with only 12 first-team appearances under his belt.

The 22-year-old spent time on loan at Brentford, Coventry City, Nottingham Forest, Hull City, Brighton and Sint-Truiden during his time at the Emirates Stadium outfit.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nigeria star Kenneth Omeruo is still a transfer target for Turkish Super Lig club Göztepe.

According to reports in Turkey, Göztepe are in the market for a central defender and they have two players in mind that they are considering for that role apart from the Nigerian.

Brazilian pair Ronaldo Alves (Sport Club do Recife) and Edinaldo Gomes Pereira (Espanyol) are both on the shopping list of Göztepe.

Of the three aforementioned players, only Omeruo has the experience of playing in the Turkish Super Lig, having had previous spells at Alanyaspor and Kasimpasa, albeit on loan from Chelsea.

As exclusively reported by allnigeriasoccer.com more than a year ago Göztepe had made a move for the Super Eagles number 22 at the World Cup but missed out on his signature to Kasimpasa.

Omeruo is training with Chelsea's 'loan group' ahead of a permanent or temporary transfer in this transfer window.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Doesn't have to be Barca, but moves to the big leagues. Unfortunately we aren't seeing too much of that. Our last two top scorers have been to trials and failed. That's just not acceptable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
Triniti:
You are on this alone bro, the German FA has owned up that they handle the picture with Erdogan poorly and has apologized to all party concerned. Do you know more than the German fa?
Of course they handled it poorly. But I will wait for Mercedes and Vodafone to apologize to Mesut for ditching him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
edi287:

Doesn't have to be Barca, but moves to the big leagues. Unfortunately we aren't seeing too much of that. Our last two top scorers have been to trials and failed. That's just not acceptable

Does it always have to be the top scorers? Sl you are going to overlook the rest based on 2 players? Lets get real here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
I think that if Sadiq was allowed given the same opportunity as Tammy,he would have excelled more. At Roma-Serie A is the most tactical league in the world- those who know,know....there Sadiq was already scoring until a new coach arrived who preferred experience over youth...Dzeko over Sadiq..Tammy cannot even be on bench in Italy because of style of play..by the way how many english players have excelled in Serie A...Bar Gazza and Ince..very minuscle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
I didn't compare them Chris did(
Icon4s:

Tammy was not available for selection so why the comparison?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
gamaliel9:
I think that if Sadiq was allowed given the same opportunity as Tammy,he would have excelled more. At Roma-Serie A is the most tactical league in the world- those who know,know....there Sadiq was already scoring until a new coach arrived who preferred experience over youth...Dzeko over Sadiq..Tammy cannot even be on bench in Italy because of style of play..by the way how many english players have excelled in Serie A...Bar Gazza and Ince..very minuscle

Series A Most tactical league grin grin?

Anytime I feel like sleeping and I don't want to use valium5,I will just tune my TV to serie A,five minutes later,I don sleep...extremely boring grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
elyte89:

Series A Most tactical league grin grin?

Anytime I feel like sleeping and I don't want to use valium5,I will just tune my TV to serie A,five minutes later,I don sleep...extremely boring grin grin
Confirmed....your sleeping is because its 'boring" nature. grin grin grin. But atadia are always full. There are fewer spaces in Serie A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
goldfish80:

Of course they handled it poorly. But I will wait for Mercedes and Vodafone to apologize to Mesut for ditching him.
Cut the dude some slack, you are crying more than the bereaved already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Triniti:
Cut the dude some slack, you are crying more than the bereaved already
Who told you I was crying for a multi millionaire player.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4469) (4470) (4471) (4472) (4473) (4474) (4475) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Suzzytee05(f), elyte89, gloryon(m), Badbunny, Hanibal(m), typicalgamer(m), chuks404, ABIODUN105(m), Starboytwo(m), victornoah(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.