Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,717 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12065044 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4508) (4509) (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
seankafor:
jur story is just a reiteration of the obvious. We know all these.
We re corrupt, unemployed(still maintains is a choice), bad electricity (varies depending on location),bad roads yes also depending on location.
But 3rd poor world, I don't agree, the dude up there has helped u guys on the definition and explanation of the aforementioned but y'all keeps transferring and generalizing ur individual experiences to a fact.

Dude stop this defense Mechanism already ..Men lie ,women lie but Numbers don't

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2018
Hanibal:
All these people drawing up every bad index available in the book about Nigeria are the reason Americans will be asking us if giraffes run around on our streets or if we live on trees.
Nigeria is poor (in certain context), corrupt yes, etc etc.
But the system is not as bad as those damning indexes paint it.
Damn it people go through the education system you guys are condemning , travel out of this country and excel.
I have lived all my life in Nigeria about 3 decades, and a bullet hasn't been aimed at me before, I haven't been robbed before, neither have I witnessed one .
I have a large extended family and non have died in child birth.
I do not deny that some places are insecure or our educational system should be better or the health system should be better.
But for heaven's sake! Stop making it sound as if we are in hell! We can be better , but hell we are not as terrible !!

Dude stop already with the individualistic talks please . What more facts do you need here than sir Kokemn marvelling at people's meagre salary per month ?

So because your family haven't experienced infant Mortality now means infact mortality rate is non existent in Nigeria ?

What of the issue of Overpopulation, illiteracy,poverty in large scale ,poor industrialization etc?

Bikonu,I don't have the strength to enlighten you when facts are before you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:51am On Aug 09, 2018
safarigirl:
aside Covenant, Babcock, and ABUAD, you would be hard-pressed to find a decent private University in Nigeria, most of them are just filled with kids whose parents wanted to get rid of them early and bundled them to the first school that would take them.

You cannot compare them to public schools like UNN, UI, Unillorin or Unizik, especially as regards professional courses.

I remember the day Nike University in Abuja visited my school's Law Clinic, we were all scandalized by their outfits even. In most Law Faculties in Nigeria, they make us wear black trousers with white corporate shirts and a tie for guys, with black shoes. These kids didn't even wear the black and white outfit, some of them had on slippers, no tie, one was dressed like batman and another was dressed like she was going clubbing. We were all shocked they would let their students dress in that manner for an official outing and about a week later, when some of us had to visit their school, the DG of Law School had to ask our students to stand up to show the Nike University students how to dress up as a Law student.

If they can't teach them something that basic, what else are they missing out on?

See ehn, aside Covenant, Babcock and ABUAD, every other private school in this Nigeria na wash
totally in sync with you. but the name Nike University sef grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2018
EmmGee:

they didn't negotiate. they are paying his release clause.

even if it's madrid that wants him now, that's how much they'll pay, except they negotiate
He may have a release clause but that doesn't mean he's worth it and Chelsea has to pay it.
His asking fee as at January 2018 was $18M. What has he done to justify such hike in prize in 6months?
Bilbao are simply taking advantage of Chelsea's desperation.
I'm sure they can't believe their luck that another English club swallowed their BS hook line and sinker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:13am On Aug 09, 2018
CaptainStephen:

It's a typo Error I guess, coz it's NILE not Nike!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
Is there any development plan that is active in Nigeria currently and is monitored for progress report?

Any plan on accessible drinking water? Any target date? Only this one ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2018
CaptainStephen:

I think she meant Nile university
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2018
Esiti to Levante almost complete. Fee agreed. 3 Million Euros.

Personal details and medicals left.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:30am On Aug 09, 2018
tbaba1234:

Those who did not go to world cup...... shocked.
I think someone said it here...they have made much progress...our pool of players is increasing...and it is good they are going to class a leagues too

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2018
Madam read my post and read your response again. I’m against generalization. In terms of 21st century education standard, no Nigerian public school meets up. Many graduates cannot function if they can’t find a job. That’s the reality of today. You will find some students who take it upon themselves and push harder to develop themselves outside the school curriculum. Those are the ones who do well. You just circled out 3 private schools. Well done! The one I was referring to in my earlier post is one of the 3 u mentioned.

safarigirl:
aside Covenant, Babcock, and ABUAD, you would be hard-pressed to find a decent private University in Nigeria, most of them are just filled with kids whose parents wanted to get rid of them early and bundled them to the first school that would take them.

You cannot compare them to public schools like UNN, UI, Unillorin or Unizik, especially as regards professional courses.

I remember the day Nike University in Abuja visited my school's Law Clinic, we were all scandalized by their outfits even. In most Law Faculties in Nigeria, they make us wear black trousers with white corporate shirts and a tie for guys, with black shoes. These kids didn't even wear the black and white outfit, some of them had on slippers, no tie, one was dressed like batman and another was dressed like she was going clubbing. We were all shocked they would let their students dress in that manner for an official outing and about a week later, when some of us had to visit their school, the DG of Law School had to ask our students to stand up to show the Nike University students how to dress up as a Law student.

If they can't teach them something that basic, what else are they missing out on?

See ehn, aside Covenant, Babcock and ABUAD, every other private school in this Nigeria na wash

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2018
gamaliel9:
Is there any development plan that is active in Nigeria currently and is monitored for progress report?

Any plan on accessible drinking water? Any target date? Only this one ooo
yes bro.. Eko Atlantic mega city, reviving of our railway lines.. Acquisition of mig23 fighter jets, mi35 attack helicopters, and strengthening of our military Arsenals.
Increment of nysc allowances, and so much more bro..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2018
tbaba1234:

Generally speaking, this has been an underwhelming transfer window for Nigerian players, not even one blockbuster move by a Nigerian in a world cup year. Lots of move to tier -2/3 clubs.
€3M for Etisi in today's football clime is like whisky money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Back from my house arrest..

I dare y'all to bring it on.. cheesy imma defend this country till I no longer can cheesy

By the way today s my womb escape day, I deserve some love famz cool kiss

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2018
krattoss:
yes bro.. Eko Atlantic mega city, reviving of our railway lines.. Acquisition of mig23 fighter jets, mi35 attack helicopters, and strengthening of our military Arsenals.
Increment of nysc allowances, and so much more bro..

You just cracked me up with this....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2018
The advantage medical schools in public universities have is the experience of the medical teaching staff. Private schools can’t beat that of course unless they employ expatriates.
All you need is a pace-setter, and other private schools will want to copy. We have so many public schools that have been in operation, and because they are government owned they are damned to struggle for many more years. However, with private school promotes better competition. That’s needed to raise the standard with time.
One question, please could you tell me how does UI curriculum differ from that of UNILAG for example? I’m not basing this discussion medical school alone. Of course you know medicine is only one course.

Mickael2:

I gave you an example, not exactly a general statement. I mean the dude was my course mate but he failed his MBBS and had to graduate in MCB and graduated with second class upper and that's how he got the lecturing job at Landmark. The problem is that lecturers there sef are not well paid, let me not start what we can't finish. By the way if private universities are going to be our saviour like you put it, then why aren't they there yet? See UI, just little investment and they broke into the top 1000 in the world, if the government could spend half as much as these private schools spend on infrastructure and all what not, trust me we would have at least 10 public universities in the top 500 at least. Forget the long talk, public universities with proper funding would easily save Nigeria's education system
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2018
goldfish80:

Generally speaking, this has been an underwhelming transfer window for Nigerian players, not even one blockbuster move by a Nigerian in a world cup year. Lots of move to tier -2/3 clubs.
€3M for Etisi in today's football clime is like whisky money.

Nigerians hardly move to the big clubs but moving to more competitive leagues (even if mid table or lower half teams) will be good for the national team. Teams like Levante can't spend the kind of inflated amounts in the market today.

The stand-out player for Nigeria in the WC was Musa and he elected to move for money.

I think, it has been a good window so far. We hardly get players moving to top leagues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2018
gamaliel9:

You just cracked me up with this....
is Eko Atlantic mega city not a dev plan? Is rail way reviving not a dev plan?
Is strengthening of military against external aggressions not a dev plan undecided

Why then u laughing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2018
gustav25:

Dude stop already with the individualistic talks please . What more facts do you need here than sir Kokemn marvelling at people's meagre salary per month ?

So because your family haven't experienced infant Mortality now means infact mortality rate is non existent in Nigeria ?

What of the issue of Overpopulation, illiteracy,poverty in large scale ,poor industrialization etc?

Bikonu,I don't have the strength to enlighten you when facts are before you
Oga if you read what I wrote in context, you will understand that I didn't deny that these things actually do happen. The reason I made an example of myself is to explain the fact that Nigeria is not bad 100% as you people will want to make the outside world believe.
I say again, we have our problems, we should be better, but Nigeria is not hell!
And everyone doesn't live in poverty, every mother doesn't die in child birth, not every village town and city are insecure.
You don't need to enlighten me on anything concerning Nigeria, I live here! And I'm not blind
I don't need any European stats to enlighten me, some of these damning statisticians haven't even ever step foot on Nigerian soil.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2018
Hanibal:
Oga if you read what I wrote in context, you will understand that I didn't deny that these things actually do happen. The reason I made an example of myself is to explain the fact that Nigeria is not bad 100% as you people will want to make the outside world believe.
I say again, we have our problems, we should be better, but Nigeria is not hell!
And everyone doesn't live in poverty, every mother doesn't die in child birth, not every village town and city are insecure.
You don't need to enlighten me on anything concerning Nigeria, I live here! And I'm not blind
I don't need any European stats to enlighten me, some of these damning statisticians haven't even ever step foot on Nigerian soil.

SMH
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2018
krattoss:
Back from my house arrest..

I dare y'all to bring it on.. cheesy imma defend this country till I no longer can cheesy

By the way today s my womb escape day, I deserve some love famz cool kiss
God of war,let's rage

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2018
gustav25:

God of war,let's rage
wink wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2018
krattoss:
is Eko Atlantic mega city not a dev plan? Is rail way reviving not a dev plan?
Is strengthening of military against external aggressions not a dev plan undecided

Why then u laughing?

OK...you have to pay for this lecture 101..

That Packistan has a nuclear bomb does not mean that it is developed...
How can these things you mentioned lift GENERALITY of Nigerians out of poverty?

Meanwhile congratulations on your escape...happy birthday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2018
daveP:
goldfish80, pls don't ever say Nigeria is a poor 3rd world country ever again pls. That's a big funny exaggeration and I'd not watch you say it cos I simply understand your other points. :\

I find it insulting.... simple.

What is Nigeria a wealthy rich nation.

What is your yardstick for wealth.

Of course we have modern health facilities the best that's why our leaders don't have to seek medical assistance abroad.

goodie have outstanding up to date modern fit for purpose public infrastructure,roads, drainage, electricity supply

The best educational facilities ( that's why we don't have Nigerian in large droves seeking education in Ghana, to name just a few).

Our security services are the best in Africa, that's why when called to Mali we were given non combative guard duty. To further stress our superiority, Chadian soldiers came into the North East to learn from us and in the process almost took out Boko garam completely.

Our judiciary is the best in the world that's why IBORI was discharged and acquitted on 70 counts in Asaba but pleaded guilty to more or less the same charges in a UK court.

Our judges are incorruptible and of unquestionable integrity. Corruption is at the forefront of this administration's quest for good governance that it has so comprehensively reduced corruption that nobody of substance has been convicted in the last three years.

Our roads are the best in West Africa once you cross the Seme border you immediately see the transformation in comparison to these smaller countries third world countries with a GDP less than some of our state governments.

Nigeria is the giant of Africa and ahead of the game. A first world nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

goldfish80 is very right. We are a poor third World country. For Christ sake, we can not provide Portable drinking water for ourselves. No power supply. Millions are hungry our mortality rate is alarming. Lives have lost value in the country.

If we judge our country by the lives of the common man and not the influx of Crude Dollars shared among an elite class, we are a very poor third world country.

Seconded, 100% without any restraint or question.

Until we accept that we are failing we can not progress.

That acceptance of FAILURE is the first step to SUCCESS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Brann is a first division club and they lead the league.

Norway is rated 29 in Europe Belarus and Kazakhstan are ahead of this league.

Without prejudice is it up too the English 5th tier National Vanarama.

Then someone will say he should be invited to National team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2018
gamaliel9:

OK...you have to pay for this lecture 101..

That Packistan has a nuclear bomb does not mean that it is developed...
How can these things you mentioned lift GENERALITY of Nigerians out of poverty?

Meanwhile congratulations on your escape...happy birthday
bro u kidding me shocked
U mean those infrastructure developments I mentioned won't create jobs and revenues for the country?

Bro u need go collect change from whoever lectured u on 101.

Thanks bro.. One love wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2018
komekn:

Seconded, 100% without any restraint or question.

Until we accept that we are failing we can not progress.

That acceptance of FAILURE is the first step to SUCCESS.
it depends on ur perception of failure. We have failed in many ways, we have also progressed in many other ways cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=krattoss post=70119487]it depends on ur perception of failure. We have failed in many ways, we have also progressed in many other ways cool[/

I once asked someone to name one single progress we have made..he said..we now have many private universities and polytechnics....i just left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=gamaliel9 post=70119816][/quote]hmm..
Is that person from the suburbs of damaturu?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2018
gustav25:

Sir JOEBIE have given you the factors to be considered before a sovereign entity is classified as a first,second ,third or fourth world .

By every ramification, Nigeria is a third world country (as long as the first, second and third world tags are deemed to still exist.

Nigeria should have been like India, China, Taiwan etc and some other countries that are using various means to turn their fortunes around but the Nigerian past and present governments have all failed at that.

It’s sad to say that in 2016, Nigeria has not even a single product selling at the world stage.

Oil isn’t an invention. We are simply lucky that we have it in our soil. But here is where it gets sad:

Unlike other nations that have oil, Nigeria is unable to fully refine it’s oil.

We license foreign companies to extract these oil for us.

We sell them at the international market at the global oil price.

US and co buy those crude oil from us.

They refine them.

And then we buy these crude oil bi-products from them.

Oil is our only foreign exchange business that is worthy of note and we can’t even take full control of it.

“Made In Nigeria” is a label you won’t see on the international market and people will have faith in it.
( FRANKLIN EGBUCHE)

From the same website he quoted, i attached what they said about underdeveloped countries and also the countries on that list which Nigeria is not among. What else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2018
So people have are arguing that Nigeria is not 3rd world? Honestly, some Nigerians are very provoking.
This your argument now is it based on patriotism or ignorance?! I know it's ignorance but lemme ask first.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2018
gamaliel9:

Those who did not go to world cup...... shocked.
I think someone said it here...they have made much progress...our pool of players is increasing...and it is good they are going to class a leagues too

lol I swear that's true

(1) (2) (3) ... (4508) (4509) (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, Philosopher1979, Kog45(m), do4luv14(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.