Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,131 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12067344 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4990) (4991) (4992) (4993) (4994) (4995) (4996) ... (16431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2018
komekn:

Good news real progression after leaving the local league. He is the current flag bearer for players leaving local league straight to Europe and at a good level.

Somehow nobody really talks much about him here.

BascoVanVeli why ❓

Yes we do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2018
Lobbed grin
krattoss:
robbed as in how?
Mobbed or robbed?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
ROFL �
Humility017:
so at last rohr now know...that there is a good AM in the championship in the name of EZE worthy to be in the super eagles..

rohr is a very biased coach I must say...had it been that young man was in Germany even in the lower Division with such blazing performance he would have called him up since...

that man sentiment is killing super eagles in some way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2018
Rohr: Super Eagles want revenge against South Africa

Gernot Rohr has said the Super Eagles will be seeking to avenge a 2-0 home loss against South Africa when both teams battle again next month for places at the 2019 AFCON.

Bafana Bafana recorded their first-ever official win over Nigeria in June 2017 when they won 2-0 in Uyo.

The two teams clash again on November 17 in Johannesburg with Nigeria needing just a point to qualify for Cameroon 2019.

Rohr said the home loss to South Africa still rankles and he hopes his team could now get their pound of flesh.

“The defeat still hurts and we want to take revenge for it,” the coach told Kick Off Magazine.

“They beat us with strong counter attacks in Uyo.

“We dominated the game and actually played quite well in first half, but didn’t score.

“And then they attacked us on the counter, one towards the end when we pressed for the equalizer

He continued: “It was in June 2017, which is now quite a long time ago.

“I remember we had many players absent at the time, with that match taking place in the break between the seasons.

“I’m happy that everyone will be available this time around and that our team can get revenge for that defeat.”

Rohr picked striker Percy Tau as his best South Africa player.

Culled from Scorenigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
VicMo will be calling off his retirement just to feature in this match, which will also serve as his testimonial match.

Clementoke:
Rohr: Super Eagles want revenge against South Africa

Gernot Rohr has said the Super Eagles will be seeking to avenge a 2-0 home loss against South Africa when both teams battle again next month for places at the 2019 AFCON.

Bafana Bafana recorded their first-ever official win over Nigeria in June 2017 when they won 2-0 in Uyo.

The two teams clash again on November 17 in Johannesburg with Nigeria needing just a point to qualify for Cameroon 2019.

Rohr said the home loss to South Africa still rankles and he hopes his team could now get their pound of flesh.

“The defeat still hurts and we want to take revenge for it,” the coach told Kick Off Magazine.

“They beat us with strong counter attacks in Uyo.

“We dominated the game and actually played quite well in first half, but didn’t score.

“And then they attacked us on the counter, one towards the end when we pressed for the equalizer

He continued: “It was in June 2017, which is now quite a long time ago.

“I remember we had many players absent at the time, with that match taking place in the break between the seasons.

“I’m happy that everyone will be available this time around and that our team can get revenge for that defeat.”

Rohr picked striker Percy Tau as his best South Africa player.

Culled from Scorenigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
Joebie:
VicMo will be calling off his retirement just to feature in this match, which will also serve as his testimonial match.

sauce wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
sure he will. remember he trained with team in london and a his development have been monitored closely but the english FA pounced when we least expected. eze is one of the foreign born players that i am sure will definitely play for nigeria in the future, others are ejaria,ojo,okoroji,tomori and onomah

MetalJigsaw:
Hmm... why are you so confident about Eze getting a callup despite the kind of rigid coach we have?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
krattoss:
sauce wink

Sauce : Onions reporters cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2018
Icon4s:
Well, looks like the place is beginning to liven up again
You don't mean it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
to me he is overated. i see nothing special in him yet though he is still developing
MetalJigsaw:
Are we still going to hear in this thread that Samuel Kalu is overrated?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
charlesemeka85:
sure he will. remember he trained with team in london and a his development have been monitored closely but the english FA pounced when we least expected. eze is one of the foreign born players that i am sure will definitely play for nigeria in the future, others are ejaria,ojo,okoroji,tomori and onomah

Training with us is not enough reason. In fact that is equivalent to his U20 England invitation. He will play for Who ever comes first. I'm afraid we are not doing enough to keep him on our side.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2018
oga make una stop to dey put unnecessary pressure on yourselves concerning eze's issue. the kid even after getting his england call up said he still desire to represent Nigeria in the future. make una relax abeg.

players like victor moses and recently ebuehi rejected call ups initially but later had a change of heart . players like iwobi,moses and aina had caps for the english youth teams but later changed allegiance to us.

the only set back i see in eze's situation is just that it will take couple of months for him to be cleared to represent us. i will beat my chest any day any time that eze will be a super eagle before the middle of next year.

tammy's case didn't stop the nff and rohr from approaching foreign born kids but it is done now without the notice of the media. you don't expect rohr to come out openly and say that eze prefers the nigerian opportunity to that of the english, that will alert the english to mount much pressure on the lad which may influence his decision in the future regarding the team to turn out for.

mazimee:

Training with us is not enough reason. In fact that is equivalent to his U20 England invitation. He will play for Who ever comes first. I'm afraid we are not doing enough to keep him on our side.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
Source

O pari

safarigirl:
So, Gernot Rohr was robbed in Asaba..... Nigerians can never pass up an avenue to show their talent, can they?

Asaba boys have done well, the final home game will be played in Uyo, at least Uyo boys don't go about robbing people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr has admitted that he was surprised by the decision of Chelsea winger Victor Moses decided to quit the national team less than two months after he represented the country at the 2018 World Cup.

One of the reasons why the Blues number 15 decided to quit the Super Eagles was to concentrate on his career with the Premier League side, however, he has found playing opportunities hard to come by this season.

Bordeaux summer signing Samuel Kalu has struggled to replicate the performances of Moses after three matches for the Super Eagles in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

''I have to admit that it did come as a surprise, but we had to accept it. He wanted to focus more on his family and club,'' said Rohr to Kick Off Magazine.

''Unfortunately he is now not playing regularly at Chelsea. He is only 27 and it really was a bit surprising, but we have to live with it.

''We tried to find a replacement for him and found Kalu from Bordeaux, who has done well so far.''

Moses was one of the stars when Nigeria won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and scored 12 goals in 38 appearances for the Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2018
charlesemeka85:
to me he is overated. i see nothing special in him yet though he is still developing
Don't let me curse your generation o because it will surely come to pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2018
charlesemeka85:

Why all these names come get double "O"s na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
I feel so ashamed right now guys. I just read about the incident in Asaba. Rohr was robbed of his phone and travelling documents. What kind of reputation are we building for ourselves before the int'l community?.

Now Rohr can't fly to our venues for the remaining matches.

This is a big disgrace to Nigeria as a country.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I feel so ashamed right now guys. I just read about the incident in Asaba. Rohr was robbed of his phone and travelling documents. What kind of reputation are we building for ourselves before the int'l community?.

Asaba boys have stuck harder than Amadioha once again. I guess no match would be featured in their stadium as punishment. What nonsense. Perhaps in the process of thronging those documents were stolen.

Also speaks about the security personnel attached to our coach kinda.

Overall, this is some really boring and annoying news to hear at this kind of time!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
charlesemeka85:

Bobby Adekanya also yet to blow but then he has More Salah right ahead of him.

He needs to go on loan desperately considering his journey from PSV to Barcelona and then Liverpool. He us the most outstanding player bar one. Ince he gets his end product mire consistent then he should be one to watch out for.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Why all these names come get double "O"s na

Strange but true even OVIEMUNO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Yes we do

Maybe you but not many others.

People are talking about Osimhen, Success, Nwakali, Sadiq, Chukwueze, etc

But not Odeh

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
komekn:

Maybe you but not many others.

People are talking about Osimhen, Success, Nwakali, Sadiq, Chukwueze, etc

But not Odeh
Who has talked about Nwakali and Sadiq apart from you to put them down?
It is not until we have a Odey v Ighalo debate that you know the boy is being talked about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
It is terrible to see that Rohr was stolen from. This is why you can't blame famous people for having a lot of security personnel.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

There are robberies almost everywhere in the world. We can't hold the whole Asaba responsible for one or two criminals who struck at an opportunity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2018
2013 vs 2015 strikers derby in Belgium today as Awoniyi takes on Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

It is not until we have a Odey v Ighalo debate that you know the boy is being talked about.

Sir Basco, Komekn was only supporting your boy Odey now. But like say you just wan wounjure Komek, softly softly now.

Up Eagles, up sir Basco, Up Komek our dear southgate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
komekn:

Bobby Adekanya also yet to blow but then he has More Salah right ahead of him.

He needs to go on loan desperately considering his journey from PSV to Barcelona and then Liverpool. He us the most outstanding player bar one. Ince he gets his end product mire consistent then he should be one to watch out for.

Not only MO sir, many people ahead of him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
Taliban:

Sir Basco, Komekn was only supporting your boy Odey now. But like say you just wan wounjure Komek, softly softly now.

Up Eagles, up sir Basco, Up Komek our dear southgate.

We can celebrate Odey without slighting other guys.

He has never had anything good to about Osimhen, Success, Nwakali, Sadiq or Chukwueze. He just used Odey to snipe at them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Naijaphobia(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nov 17 Super Eagles vs Bafana bafana
Nov 18 Super Falcons vs Bayana Bayana

For the love og Nigerians residing in South Africa I pray we don't win both matches. #naijalifematters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We can celebrate Odey without slighting other guys.

He has never had anything good to about Osimhen, Success, Nwakali, Sadiq or Chukwueze. He just used Odey to snipe at them.

True what you said. But on a serious note, besides you and tbaba who is baba for monitoring, no one really celebrates Odey including me. And it's obvious he's on an upward progression. I hope he doesn't rush out of Switzerland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
Kai. Your first sentence/question na lie. The second Na true.

Modified
But komekn is right. You are prolly the only one who celebrates odey.

BascoVanVeli:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
For the time I watched the match he looked very composed in defense though — that Enyimba #5

comodo:
Anaemena has missed 3 headings in a row. I guess these ENYIMBA guys smoked something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4990) (4991) (4992) (4993) (4994) (4995) (4996) ... (16431) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Eawwal(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.