Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,257 members, 7,880,976 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12030817 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5043) (5044) (5045) (5046) (5047) (5048) (5049) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:

Good lineup. .But there's really no need for a 3-5-2 IMO.. Balogun doesn't have to start cus he is match rusty.. Starting Omeruo and Ekong with him won't prevent him from performing poorly... it was evident against Libya.

What makes you think Balogun is match rusty? Has he been out due to injury?

Fact that a player does not get regular play time in club games does not mean he doesn't kick ball at all in training. As long as Balogun is fit, he will start with Ekong at that CB.

And yes, Rohr is not likely to play a 3-5-2 formation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
Joebie:
You have raised two things here — not one. Firstly, why is there no need for a 3-5-2? Secondly, Ajayi could also start in lieu of Balogun. What does it really change?

The 3-5-2 is more like our weapon against non African teams.. Right now, our strength lies in our wing play . Those South Africans are quite fast... Playing a 3-5-2 will limit us to playing long balls. let's unleash our full strength against them jare...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
komekn:

My advice is in the general and not unique to Curtis. It's not an attack on you. It's advice from pure intentions.

Your response to so many people on this forum that have different views from your own, has been very far from civil.

You use vitriolic rhetoric without restraint and without any justification, quite regularly. It's simply not good.

I really don't want to derail the thread.

But I still believe there is no need for anybody to use caustic abusive language.
safarigirl:
issorait.

As long as we can still discombobulate with big English so that the jab is subtle, we good grin

Please, let's not continue derailing this thread. This is not an English class
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
Icon4s:

What makes you think Balogun is match rusty? Has he been out due to injury?

Fact that a player does not get regular play time in club games does not mean he doesn't kick ball at all in training. As long as Balogun is fit, he will start with Ekong at that CB.

And yes, Rohr is not likely to play a 3-5-2 formation.

Chief...u know too well that training and playing an official game aren't the same thing...
Why did Musa lost his starting spot in the team in d first place?
Why is Kalu currently ahead of Simeon in the team?
Why was Awazeim dropped from.the list??

Its all due to lack of playing time....it affects players performance like you know it...Balogun display against Libya wasn't convincing enough and he was partly to blame for Libya's second goal...

We have Omeruo who is playing regularly now...why not start him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
Clementoke:

Me sha prefer 3-5-2 unless Kalu no go waste hin slot for field. Not yet convinced about that guy in the GWG

I really won't mind if Success starts ahead of Kalu in that RW..or even Chukuwueze grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:

Chief...u know too well that training and playing an official game aren't the same thing...

Its all due to lack of playing time....it affects players performance like you know it...Balogun display against Libya wasn't convincing enough and he was partly to blame for Libya's second goal...

Good point raised but using Omeruo against SA?, I dey fear o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
BOOMnaija:
Anybody that cannot take criticism in good faith should go and commit suicide, wheather male or female.. Period.

Bros, nothing like that. Nobody is gonna commit any suicide here.

Curtisaxe7 and Safarigirl can even become pals tomorrow if they find themselves on the same side of an argument. Lol.

This is just a passing phase for them. Just leave them they will settle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:

I really won't mind if Success starts ahead of Kalu in that RW..or even Chukuwueze grin

I agree with you Bros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
Clementoke:

Good point raised but using Omeruo against SA?, I dey fear o

Rohr decided not to use Omeruo in d last game again south Africa, but what came out of it??

If Omeruo won't start then Ajayi should...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros, nothing like that. Nobody is gonna commit any suicide here.

Curtisaxe7 and Safarigirl can even become pals tomorrow if they find themselves on the same side of an argument. Lol.

This is just a passing phase for them. Just leave them they will settle.

another ignorant Nigerian who thinks it's cool to tell people to go and commit suicide.

Only God knows how many times he has opened his mouth to say that to people and how many people have gone through with it.

Mental health is not a joke, telling people to commit suicide is not a joke. I know it sounds funny in this part of the world, but some people actually take it seriously in other climes and you can very well be held for manslaughter if someone commits suicide based off a social media 'joke'

See why one needs periods away from this social media of a thing?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:

Firstly, Ahmed Musa had never been a starter in the SE. He started being a starter after the Iceland game.

Secondly, it is more convenient for a coach to alter the forwards line than to alter a CB pairing. U don't do that when u are to face the toughest opposition in ur group.
Awaziem is not a regular for the SE so he being in or out makes no difference to the balance and dynamics of the team.
On the Libya game, most times it requires for a defender or opposing player to make a mistake for a goal to be scored. I cannot in particular blame Balogun for any of those goals. Shits happen in football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:

against SA? shocked

Dinosaur Rohr would never.... Maybe against Uganda, he can play tinini-tanana like that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
Icon4s:

Firstly, Ahmed Musa had never been a starter in the SE. He started being a starter after the Iceland game.

Secondly, it is more convenient for a coach to alter the forwards line than to alter a CB pairing. U don't do that when u are to face the toughest opposition in ur group.
Awaziem is not a regular for the SE so he being in or out makes no difference to the balance and dynamics of the team.
On the Libya game, most times it requires for a defender or opposing player to make a mistake for a goal to be scored. I cannot in particular blame Balogun for any of those goals. Shits happen in football.

On your first paragraph, I think you mean under Rohr... Cus Musa has been a starter under every coach until Rohr took over...his lack of playing time at Leicester reduced him to a bench role under rohr...

@2nd paragraph I understand that... But must it be at the expense of one of d CB being inactive for long? Omeruo too is an integral part of d CB pairing you know...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:

Lol. what do u mean by Ekong got one start in Turkey before moving to Udinese?

He played bursaspor first game before joining udinese
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
South Africa strengths is their free flowing passes not necessarily speed. And they play more like Europeans.
Danielnino00:

The 3-5-2 is more like our weapon against non African teams.. Right now, our strength lies in our wing play . Those South Africans are quite fast... Playing a 3-5-2 will limit us to playing long balls. let's unleash our full strength against them jare...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Shebi una don see am? No be me talk this one oh. grin.
how dare you quote me? leave me and safari girl alone ooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
The Academy champion is at it again grin grin

Solanke & Ughelumba On Target, Adekanye Provides Two Assists As Liverpool Beat Leicester U23

Published: November 04, 2018

England 21 star Dominic Solanke impressed while playing for Liverpool's U23 squad on Saturday and has been praised by manager Critchley after finding the back of the net in their 3-1 win over Leicester City.

Three players of Nigerian descent contributed to all the four goals scored at Liverpool’s Academy Ground, with Reds dazzler Bobby Adekanye notching a pair of assists and Foxes fullback Calvin Ughelumba netting his first goal of the season in the 90th minute.

Solanke has been included in the Liverpool first team squad only once this season, against his former employer Chelsea in the League Cup, but did not come off the bench. grin grin

Reflecting on the performance of Solanke, Critchley told liverpoolfc.com : ''We played very well and deserved the win, and it was a good response after last Monday's defeat at Blackburn.
"We scored three good goals and it was great to see Dominic get a deserved goal.
"He led the line really well for us and was bright and made a big contribution."
Liverpool attack-minded duo Adekanye and Solanke both featured for ninety minutes against Leicester City.

Forgiveness and Southgate I thought u guys said Klopp promised him first team opportunities hence blocked him from going out on loan? grin grin

Here is the real waste man. Any 21-year-old still playing in the Academy is a big joke. According to komekn grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hey Gbosaa I sight u nwa 042 ibe m, Dat year, where u go hide wey we no dey see u for this thread again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:21am On Nov 05, 2018
Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:17am On Nov 05, 2018
Ola Aina assist. I was more impressed with his left footed cross that was missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMJsklGYN0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:24am On Nov 05, 2018
Good goals by Odey and Eleke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-ygiqYV_o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:29am On Nov 05, 2018
Uzoho conceded 5 but you can't blame him for any except maybe the 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvzcqGwm7EQ&feature=youtu.be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 05, 2018
ChrisKels:
Hey Gbosaa I sight u nwa 042 ibe m, Dat year, where u go hide wey we no dey see u for this thread again?

grin grin. I should’ve come in here incognito. I dey bro. How’s life?

There are lots of negative energies in here. Regrettable. I came in to read stuffs about Eagles vs Bafana and other news but saw lots of fights. Seems there’s some kind of voting/nominations going on. I didn’t get it, not sure what it’s all about. I tried going back to find out but every attempt takes me to the genesis of the fight. I got frustrated and disappeared, did some work, got tired and about to hide under my duvet but my addiction to nl wouldn’t let me give my phone a break so I checked and saw your mention.

Kachifo nwanne.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:41am On Nov 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ola Aina played 90 minutes and got an assist. He played as a left wing back.
Wow. Nice to hear. This WB position seems to Be one of the best to fit in Nigerians these days. just saying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:51am On Nov 05, 2018
Joebie:
My vs SA starting lineup
I'll swap Iwobi and Ighalo to the left wing rather. what dyu think?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:52am On Nov 05, 2018
ChrisKels:
The Academy champion is at it again grin grin

Solanke & Ughelumba On Target, Adekanye Provides Two Assists As Liverpool Beat Leicester U23

Published: November 04, 2018

England 21 star Dominic Solanke impressed while playing for Liverpool's U23 squad on Saturday and has been praised by manager Critchley after finding the back of the net in their 3-1 win over Leicester City.

Three players of Nigerian descent contributed to all the four goals scored at Liverpool’s Academy Ground, with Reds dazzler Bobby Adekanye notching a pair of assists and Foxes fullback Calvin Ughelumba netting his first goal of the season in the 90th minute.

Solanke has been included in the Liverpool first team squad only once this season, against his former employer Chelsea in the League Cup, but did not come off the bench. grin grin

Reflecting on the performance of Solanke, Critchley told liverpoolfc.com : ''We played very well and deserved the win, and it was a good response after last Monday's defeat at Blackburn.
"We scored three good goals and it was great to see Dominic get a deserved goal.
"He led the line really well for us and was bright and made a big contribution."
Liverpool attack-minded duo Adekanye and Solanke both featured for ninety minutes against Leicester City.

Forgiveness and Southgate I thought u guys said Klopp promised him first team opportunities hence blocked him from going out on loan? grin grin

Here is the real waste man. Any 21-year-old still playing in the Academy is a big joke. According to komekn grin grin

I didn't say he Klopp promised him first team football. But from what I was told it was more or less implied.

Once you go to big team with world class players you have to perform at that level or you get dropped. Solanke has not performed is he a wasteman no.

The bigger the team the less the opportunities. Without playing you can not improve. He really needs a good loan move in January.

Otherwise he could easily stagnate. Solanke will learn nothing at Liverpool U23 he has definitely gone beyond youth football. Even Bobby needs to move on loan he also has gone beyond the U23.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:22am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:26am On Nov 05, 2018
Believe Atiemwen's goal in Croatia. I believe Musa Muhammad was at fault for the equalizer though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo95u0LC1_o&feature=youtu.be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:35am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:46am On Nov 05, 2018
Desser's goal, probably the easiest goal he has scored in his career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqL6ZLFZ-D0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2018
Thanks tbaba1234 for the videos
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2018
The beauty of it all is that all these players scoring all these goals are young and upcoming.

Good News for Nigerian football.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5043) (5044) (5045) (5046) (5047) (5048) (5049) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Toylove and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.