Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,155 members, 7,946,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12413920 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5466) (5467) (5468) (5469) (5470) (5471) (5472) ... (16663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
Truly I saw nothing special in Wydad after seeing their last two matches.
Perhaps this is "inexperience" coming to bite them on the cheek.

I wish they could play all their remaining home game in Benue. If they put in a good show of grit they can pick 4 points out of the remaining 9 and maybe,just maybe get out of their group. Nothing is set in stone in the group yet

When Lobi visits Casablanca u will see the something special.

Playing an away game in Africa is always an uphill task.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
Too expensive

Just have 13,19,23

It would be harder for anyone to fool us that way. It would also reduce the need/itch to cut age

I believe the NFF have tried in that aspect by introducing the "U-17 promise" competition (not sure if it was held last year though)

But I don't think the clubs are cooperating enough.. Some of them have feeder teams filled with old men... And they hardly promote teams from those feeder teams....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
I think this majesticigbo guy should be ignore. Dude is just hustling for attention.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Icon4s:

When Lobi visits Casablanca u will see the something special.

Playing an away game in Africa is always an uphill task.
Did you see any special thing when Enyimba played Raja away?

Lobi is likely to lose from intimidation and inexperience than being outplayed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
Humility017:

and to think that the lazy coach is a British citizen made me surprised....
one will think he is well exposed not to allow such...
I have come to know that what makes people honest is their values and not because they Europeans or Americans

James Ibori is a British citizen that did not stop him from looting the state treasury for 8 years and installing by subterfuge and manipulation to install his first cousin as governor for another 8 years.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

I believe the NFF have tried in that aspect by introducing the "U-17 promise" competition (not sure if it was held last year though)

But I don't think the clubs are cooperating enough.. Some of them have feeder teams filled with old men... And they hardly promote teams from those feeder teams....

I think its U15 promises, and it wasn't held last year because of NFF internal fighting

A good number of clubs are not cooperating majorly because of either of these things;

• Funds
• Infrastructure to support Youth football
• "now syndrome" - the itch for instant results (I think this is why they field older ones in feeder teams & are reluctant to give the younger ones chance in the main team)

I purposely opined having only 3 age grades because of its financial & long term benefits to the clubs, while also curbing unnecessary age cheating.
If you're older than 13 and you can play, you enter the U19s, if you're older than 19 and can play you enter the U23(B team of the Main team with better autonomy).
I doubt any player older than 23 won't be playing for a main team even if they are playing in Nationwide league teams

The basis of everything is to have a steady stream for all classes of players and also those to sell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
omeruo IG

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
I think its U15 promises, and it wasn't held last year because of NFF internal fighting

A good number of clubs are not cooperating majorly because of either of these things;

• Funds
• Infrastructure to support Youth football
• "now syndrome" - the itch for instant results (I think this is why they field older ones in feeder teams & are reluctant to give the younger ones chance in the main team)

I purposely opined having only 3 age grades because of its financial & long term benefits to the clubs, while also curbing unnecessary age cheating.
If you're older than 13 and you can play, you enter the U19s, if you're older than 19 and can play you enter the U23(B team of the Main team with better autonomy).
I doubt any player older than 23 won't be playing for a main team even if they are playing in Nationwide league teams

The basis of everything is to have a steady stream for all classes of players and also those to sell

Yes...Its under 15 promise... I think a few boys from the competition were part of the u-17 that qualified for the AFCON..

Ownership of clubs in Nigeria by state government is the major drawback for developing grassroot football. Most states in Nigeria dont have innovative government at all..

Privatization of the clubs will go a long way in improving the league and indeed grassroot football in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
MajesticIgbo:

Overaged Yoruba team. Let's see how they would succeed.

Until Igbos again, assume leadership in sports affairs, Nigeria will remain a backwater footballing nation.
Because igbo people don't falsify their age too abi??
I hate people like you with your high and mighty attitude...always acting like igbos are above this country and aren't partly responsible like other tribes for the problems naija face.
Stupid arrogant attitude like this is why we're hated almost everywhere we go...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2019
wayodude:

Go away, we don't fight here. Please

We don't fight where?. For this thread wey be royal rumble arena?. grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

We don't fight where?. For this thread wey be royal rumble arena?. grin.

Lol grin

Ehn nau football opinion fights not political or tribal etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2019
Wait some people are still defending that disgrace of a team that's supposed to be our U20??
Well I've already said I'm not watching any of our age grade teams again till these fuxkers start doing the right thing.
Paul Aigbogun and anyone defending this team is a disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2019
@majesticIgbo..no matter ur antics,it wont work,what God has join together,let knw man put asunder cool cool,we b couples here

@sir kellycute,will nacho score against man united tmao cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Yes...Its under 15 promise... I think a few boys from the competition were part of the u-17 that qualified for the AFCON..

Ownership of clubs in Nigeria by state government is the major drawback for developing grassroot football. Most states in Nigeria dont have innovative government at all..

Privatization of the clubs will go a long way in improving the league and indeed grassroot football in Nigeria
I agree.

I find it nauseating that State governments actually cling to these clubs like their lives depends on it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
Don't feed that troll!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 7:53pm On Feb 02, 2019
Uzoho with a clean sheet for Anorthosis against Apollon Limassol.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2019
Burundi keeper has been very good.

Nigeria has been using too many long balls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2019
tbaba1234:
Burundi keeper has been very good.

Nigeria has been using too many long balls.
And there has been brilliance from the boys

Never mind the brown turf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
And there has been brilliance from the boys

Never mind the brown turf

Yea, the pitch is poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2019
Humility017:

if you truly watch the npl
you will agree with me...that very few players there let say 1% of them...can be said to be below 20yrs
that league is for men and not for teenagers.....
maybe because back then in Benin I often interact with all this academic guys...and I get to know how someone who is 24yrs will put in 16 years old in his international passport.
when I was still a CCR in a telecom coy...
I once had a customer who plays football for Gateway... he has three birth dates...
he later told me that one was his football age...one his real age.

See the simple point here. This is not a FIFA sanctioned competition, Villarreal will not release Chuks for this kind of rubbish tournament, and at the U20 level you cannot be parading academy players so the coach is left with choosing players from the NPFL. So I am not sure I know where else he was supposed to get the players from for this particular qualifiers. And as is the case these guys said they are 20, ok let us get rid of all them and play with who? Besides they said they are below 20, you do not have their birth certificate or anything to prove otherwise so that's it. I mean if a judge asks for a paternity test you cannot just tell him that this kid looks like this man therefore he must be his kid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
I agree.

I find it nauseating that State governments actually cling to these clubs like their lives depends on it

I often wonder how they are making profits from those clubs with little sponsorship...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2019
Not impressed with this team.

Afeez Aremu keeps losing the ball.

The number 11, Ibrahim Aliyu has been poor.

I like what i see from Nazifi though.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2019
edi287:

Sorry I meant Liverpool.
Kai now I see what my friend meant when he said Pep is starting to get majorly hyped.
Sterling was never a "headless chicken". If you think I'm lying - go watch his games for England at the 2014 WC. That was what convinced him he wasn't the typical overrated British player.
As for Sane - seriously?? What is Sane doing now that we didn't expect him to when he got to this stage? The same Sane most big clubs were after? The same Sane that was scoring for Schalke against Madrid in the ucl?
Pep is a good coach but he isn't God. You guys need to stop acting like he's turned a Pius Ikedia to Figo or something.
In his City stint so far - Money has played more of a big role in his success. If he doesn't win the league this season - his record will be similar to that of Pellegrini(he got city to the Semi Finals of the ucl)...that's crazy considering the money he has spent.
thank you for this post

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

I often wonder how they are making profits from those clubs with little sponsorship...
They aren't making profits, they only make enough or nearly enough to continue existing..
A good number have no targets except survival.

A lot of things need to go hand in hand to make the league reach its potential. First on the list is reorganization of internal structures of clubs (am not even saying privatisation)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
The pitch is horrible but the boys are not impressive either
No ball holder but the Burundi goalie has been the best player on the pitch so far

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
Did you see any special thing when Enyimba played Raja away?

Lobi is likely to lose from intimidation and inexperience than being outplayed

If they could not win at home, how can they win in Morocco? God still performs miracles sha... Nothing is impossible. The way Solomon Ogbeide was talking in SS 1 this morning, you would think he had the joker in his hands.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2019
Where is the tribal dude that said the team na Yoruba team cuz am hardly seeing them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2019
tbaba1234:
Not impressed with this team.

Afeez Aremu keeps losing the ball.

The number 11, Ibrahim Aliyu has been poor.

I like what i see from Nazifi though.

They started well in the first 10 minutes and then went asleep. Make I watch another thing o jare. I never ready for hypertension.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
Mickael2:

So.....he should leave the top clubs and go to the low clubs just to prove a point? Even if they cannot pay his wages? Ronaldo has played for Man U, Madrid and noe Juventus, all top clubs in their leagues and people say that he has achieved a lot in three countries but let us bring down Pep for coaching the top clubs? So wait, if Man City comes and West Ham also makes a less favourable bid(from a financial perspective) he should run to West Ham just so he can prove himself? Will you feed his family for him?

For effect, the season before Pep came to Barca we finished fourth, and that was on the last day that we even managed to secure that fourth place, Pep came and instead of spending he promoted Barca B players( I literally wanted to tear off my hat the day I heard Masch, one of the best DMFs then from the EPL was going to be playing as a CB just so Busquets can get minutes with Toure). How much did Pep spend in his first season? Yet he won a treble, his core players all through the years were not bought
please don't forget that two seasons earlier Barcelona were European and laliga champions, they didn't become shit overnight, did they? And I think only Busquet was promoted from the youth team he inherited a chunk of the guys used. Please correct me if I'm wrong

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2019
This match needs a speedster like Aniekeme or Gata in it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2019
solonnachi:

If they could not win at home, how can they win in Morocco? God still performs miracles sha... Nothing is impossible. The way Solomon Ogbeide was talking in SS 1 this morning, you would think he had the joker in his hands.
They were rather unlucky not outplayed.

Remember Enyimba away at this Malian club last season and getting a dying minute penalty even after getting outplayed all 90mins

Luck has its part too

(1) (2) (3) ... (5466) (5467) (5468) (5469) (5470) (5471) (5472) ... (16663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), mekabuachi(f), Mujtahida, Franktom247(m), Shegzdave and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.