Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,773 members, 7,915,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12213953 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7905) (7906) (7907) (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) ... (16497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:25am On Dec 08, 2019
I think Ajayi taking Omeruo's place is a welcome development. This is how it should be. When a player is absent, and another comes and steals the show, that returnee player should be made to fight hard to get back his shirt. That's the making of excellent teams. I commend Rorh for that.

ChrisKels:

Yea, little wonder he keeps him on the bench for Ajayi. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:26am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol I didnt say so nah

Look who I put for 3rd

Am a man city fan

If mancity can’t beat bang average Man U then there is problem

MU has taken points from the top 5/6 in the league this year either by beating them or in the case of liverpool, the only team to make liverpool lose points. So City is not alone.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:27am On Dec 08, 2019
All these people belittling AJ for being cautious and realistic are nothing but ignorant and shortsighted. This is not the Roman Gladiators fight...first rule in boxing, you must be professional and respect your opponent. Tyson thought he was never gonna be defeated. Well, he learned the hard way.

AJ learned a very important lesson in the first fight which he could have easily won if he hadn't became overconfident and underrated Ruiz. But , coming into this fight the pressure was on him and he needed to take things slowly and find a suitable tactics to defeat Ruiz.

I am proud of AJ for winning the title for second time and regaining his confidence. Now, go give DJ Cuppy better bone chop...
grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:27am On Dec 08, 2019
coincidentally, for the second consecutive game, both players have played side by side for Sheffield Wednesday. If Odubajo can stay consistent we will have to bring him into the convo also.

ChrisKels:

He was ok then as a right back, I was more impressed with Hull's Odubajo, though.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:28am On Dec 08, 2019
AndSunGorilla:

MU has taken points from the top 5/6 in the league this year either by beating them or in the case of liverpool, the only team to make liverpool lose points. So City is not alone.

City will still come 2nd

But for now i can settle for 3rd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:29am On Dec 08, 2019
OMANBALA1:
All these people belittling AJ for being cautious and realistic are nothing but ignorant and shortsighted. This is not the Roman Gladiators fight...first rule in boxing, you must be professional and respect your opponent. Tyson thought he was never gonna be defeated. Well, he learned the hard way.

AJ learned a very important lesson in the first fight which he could have easily won if he hadn't became overconfident and underrated Ruiz. But , coming into this fight the pressure was on him and he needed to take things slowly and find a suitable tactics to defeat Ruiz.

I am proud of AJ for winning the title for second time and regaining his confidence. Now, go give DJ Cuppy better bone chop...
grin

Hmm are you sure AJ is dating cuppy? or as usual what guys have been doing with her?

I reserve my comment, cuppy no go kukuma get sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:31am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
I think Ajayi taking Omeruo's place is a welcome development. This is how it should be. When a player is absent, and another comes and steals the show, that returnee player should be made to fight hard to get back his shirt. That's the making of excellent teams. I commend Rorh for that.

After all, Omeruo hadn't sealed that spot he could walk right back into the starting eleven after a period of absence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:31am On Dec 08, 2019
This is the reason why I voted Omeruo the best defender. I think your performance at a tournament proper should carry more weight. He was our best CB at the AFCON this year. And was even our best CB in Russia 2018 imo
semid4lyfe:

Unpopular Opinion

The worst defender in the Super Eagles fold presently is William Troost Ekong.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:35am On Dec 08, 2019
A player has to be very outstanding before we can start to talk about that player being indispensable. Ajayi should watch his back. That's how it's supposed to be.

OMANBALA1:

After all, Omeruo hadn't sealed that spot he could walk right back into the starting eleven after a period of absence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:36am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Hmm are you sure AJ is dating cuppy? or as usual what guys have been doing with her?

I reserve my comment, cuppy no go kukuma get sense

Even if they are not dating it will be a pleasure for Cuppy to get the business....This is a world heavyweight champion, my nigga. A good looking Nigerian/British with money, too.

My buloda, during my single days I don't smash one fine akata just because of I had good cologne on. Woman worship money and power!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 08, 2019
Blueelf:

How do you people watch boxing?

Wilder that throws windmill punches?

Because he knocks some bums out here and there?

Even an [b]Unfit Fury [/b]gave him serious problems.

AJ is wilders kryptonite. He just needs to dodge those power punches and let him tire out. Wilder isn't a boxer I rate at allllllll

Fury was not unfit during that fight. Despite being out for two years, he was consistently landing his jabs throughout the fight and looked as good as he was before his hiatus.

Regardless, even though AJ may seem to have more technique, I believe the Bronze Bomber’s unconventional technique, killer instinct and sheer power can be enough overcome AJ and expose his leaky defence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:39am On Dec 08, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Even if they are not dating it will be a pleasure for Cuppy to get the business....This is a world heavyweight champion, my nigga. A good looking Nigerian/British with money, too.

My buloda, during my single days I don't smash one fine akata just because of I had good cologne on. Woman worship money and power!

Lol funny guy

Joshua deserves cuppy thou, but as usual we already know what will happen grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:40am On Dec 08, 2019
Marc-André ter Stegen has 2 assists this season as a goal keeper while some so called attacking midfielder and wingers havent got that grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:42am On Dec 08, 2019
The whole of Portugal should stay clear from anything NIgerian
charlesemeka85:
According to Portuguese sports daily A Bola, Primeira Liga powerhouse Sporting Lisbon are eyeing a move for Heracles Almelo striker Cyriel Dessers, who recently committed his international future to Nigeria.

Sporting Lisbon are the second European club linked with a move for the Eredivisie top scorer this week, after Italian Serie A outfit Cagliari.

The scouting team of the Lions has been keeping tabs on the Dutch top-flight this season and identified the Super Eagles hopeful as a potential signing.

Sporting CP have scored 19 goals in 12 league matches this term, with top scorer Bruno Fernandes, who is a midfielder, accounting for five of the goals, and they are looking to bolster their attacking options by signing a new striker in the January transfer window.

In addition to Dessers' 11 goals in 15 league games this season, he has scored another two in the TOTO KNVB beker, and has registered five assists in all competitions.

The 24-year-old previously played for Oud-Heverlee Leuven, Lokeren, NAC Breda and FC Utrecht.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48am On Dec 08, 2019
I shared your post. But I will only agree with you if Belgium calls up Dessers and he turns them down.

Blueelf:
Sentiments apart, should Iorfa or Adarabioyo start firing on all cylinders, they'll still choose England over Nigeria

These kids don't have real love. Only dessers is different for some reason
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 08, 2019
Anthony Joshua must be tearing up Cuppy’s bakasi right now grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:55am On Dec 08, 2019
tbaba, you and Bazee. And you know what I ALWAYS tell you when you mention his name. Just pray for him.

tbaba1234:
Bazee starts from the bench...

The boy is back!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:57am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol funny guy

Joshua deserves cuppy thou, but as usual we already know what will happen grin

If I was AJ I will smash and keep it moving...Cuppy wey Onuachu don drill finish Asa come do him own join...lol. Cuppy is beautiful but she is probably bald headed. Always wearing trashy weaves. I like black women with Afro hair like Chimamanda Adichie.

By the way , expect AJ to marry Oyibo or mixed....most black athletes are wimps
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:02am On Dec 08, 2019
grin
komekn:

Why would an agent or football associate.

Based in the UK go carry bad market.

Do you know how problematic it is too get a player from Nigeria to the UK. It's already a failed business plan.

When there are multiple African origin players who don't carry the problematic excess baggage allowance of work permit, TPI, signing dubiously with multiple agents, talking to the corrupt club chairmen and academy owners in Nigeria ,etc

That's a very very poor business plan.

When l can sit in England get a few players signed and pull in a few thousand every week not naira but £££
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:04am On Dec 08, 2019
OMANBALA1:

If I was AJ I will smash and keep it moving...Cuppy wey Onuachu don drill finish Asa come do him own join...lol. Cuppy is beautiful but she is probably bald headed. Always wearing trashy weaves. I like black women with Afro hair like Chimamanda Adichie.

By the way , expect AJ to marry Oyibo or mixed....most black athletes are wimps

Which onauchu are you talking about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:07am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Which onauchu are you talking about

Sorry , Nedum Onuora
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:08am On Dec 08, 2019
that bobo dey follow this thread wella cheesy
Koboko99:
Eze scores again from the spot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:16am On Dec 08, 2019
Nigerians are in their own world. grin
BascoVanVeli:

Exactly. We need to stop all that blown your chance talk because the real world doesn't work like that. We should never say never because things change
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:17am On Dec 08, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Sorry , Nedum Onuora

It was victor anichebe that was dating her before nah

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:32am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

It was victor anichebe that was dating her before nah

Sure ,bi forgot his name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:16am On Dec 08, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Joshua wins by unanimous decision. But he is not ready Wilder. That is the gods honest truth.

Wilder is a one trick pony. Poor boxer with a right hand.

Joshua can knock him out. He will fight a different fight against Wilder. He simply needs to knock out Wilder first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 4:18am On Dec 08, 2019
charlesemeka85:
wetin concern u concern lazio? this anti cr7 pple self

hating since 1802 undecided

How e take b ur problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:35am On Dec 08, 2019
komekn:

Why would an agent or football associate.

Based in the UK go carry bad market.

Do you know how problematic it is too get a player from Nigeria to the UK. It's already a failed business plan.

When there are multiple African origin players who don't carry the problematic excess baggage allowance of work permit, TPI, signing dubiously with multiple agents, talking to the corrupt club chairmen and academy owners in Nigeria ,etc

That's a very very poor business plan.

When l can sit in England get a few players signed and pull in a few thousand every week not naira but £££

in Other words my assertion are true.....
or probably you could not comprehend my post...

good knowing you're here because of your pockets and not because you're a super eagles fan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:38am On Dec 08, 2019
semid4lyfe:

Unpopular Opinion

The worst defender in the Super Eagles fold presently is William Troost Ekong.

this is absolutely wrong......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:42am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Naija people love success so they will love AJ, i am glad he is not representing naija

you may think you're being objective but deep truth is with your words you belittle your country and your people.....

you always arrive at words to downgrade the positive effect of nigeria/Nigerians....

Everyone loves success..... and deep down he appreciates the love shown to him...from this end and he knows even if he was not this successful nigeria boxing fans would have still love him anyway.

our corrupt officials deprived him the opportunity to star for us but still he is a nigeria by blood that's the bond.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:08am On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

you may think you're being objective but deep truth is with your words you belittle your country and your people.....

you always arrive at words to downgrade the positive effect of nigeria/Nigerians....

Everyone loves success..... and deep down he appreciates the love shown to him...from this end and he knows even if he was not this successful nigeria boxing fans would have still love him anyway.

our corrupt officials deprived him the opportunity to star for us but still he is a nigeria by blood that's the bond.

Lol here you go again saying our corrupt officials deprived him the opportunity to star for us ?

How did you come to that conclusion

That’s one thing about most of you guys

Una wan claim am ,yes he is a Yoruba and a Nigerian ,but I am glad he is representing England

Make naija no go work on their own ,you are here saying our corrupt officials deprived him from representing us ,that’s how you guys said about David Alaba also

Who no like better thing grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:22am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
Carl Ikeme was a 2nd division keeper na. I will take a second division keeper over an academy keeper like Okoye. Even Uzoho where he for dey keep when we first invite am?
However, I believe there could be some good keepers in the NPFL

Uzoho was in the first division, I can never forget. He had just played his first game for that his club in Division 1 and La Liga was asking Nigerians in pidgin, if we thought he had done well enough to earn a call-up. I think he played 3 games in La Liga before his call-up, prior to that his debut, dem been no even mention am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7905) (7906) (7907) (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) ... (16497) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.