Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12063202 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7907) (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) (7912) (7913) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
I like Ebuehi too, but actually I like every player that performs. when your form drops, I drop you for another player that is performing better.

IS Yahaha performing better...
because if he was I am so sure by now he should have been in PORTO main team...

forget those write ups we all read here...if dude is really good as claimed he should be in PORTO main team by now or one of the Portuguese league clubs would have shop for his services (on loan player) by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
And where is Ebuehi playing?

Benfica first team but yet to make match day squad this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
guy follow the convo. These players are not SE materials based on current form. It was a comparison.

now I get you...
because komekn for roast us alive should ROHR invite Yahaya...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

going by the words here....
that class is permanent and form is temporary I will prefer Ebuehi playing for Benfica under 23 to Yahaya
we all know what Ebuehi can do... he still has the skills and potentials only not on form and moreover the coach may not be disposed to him to play him just to help him regain match fitness.......

I will advise he go on loan next January not minding the Dutch league or even Belgium....

Me self I prefer ebuehi to yahaya

As jobie call yahaya I just Laff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2019
oga.. read and understand.. follow the context. I never said he is good. Why did I say he should move to a better league and try to reach his pottential? I am only saying Yahaya is in a better position than Ebuehi AT THE MOMENT. Be like say u just wake abi u wan sleep sef?

Humility017:

IS Yahaha performing better...
because if he was I am so sure by now he should have been in PORTO main team...

forget those write ups we all read here...if dude is really good as claimed he should be in PORTO main team by now or one of the Portuguese league clubs would have shop for his services (on loan player) by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2019
okay why do u prefer Ebuehi to yahaya? are you talking about their person, their past form or current form? This is where we differ.

andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

That Yahaya is not ambitious for once...

sorry to say this...still don't understand why many of this players from the core north...I mean the Hausa/fulanis are not ambitous with their careers.....

that's why I rarely put hope on any talent from that region..... Aliyu Abubakar, Rabiu Ibrahim, Musa Mohammed, Shehu Abdullahi and even Malian Garba Lawal self....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2019
Benfica U23 is a youth team, Porto B is SOMEWHAT. How many games have Ebuehi played then? What is your benchmark really? State it in clear terms.
Humility017:

going by the words here....
that class is permanent and form is temporary I will prefer Ebuehi playing for Benfica under 23 to Yahaya
we all know what Ebuehi can do... he still has the skills and potentials only not on form and moreover the coach may not be disposed to him to play him just to help him regain match fitness.......

I will advise he go on loan next January not minding the Dutch league or even Belgium....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2019
hmmmm prejudice
Humility017:

sorry to say this...still don't understand why many of this players from the core north...I mean the Hausa/fulanis are not ambitous with their careers.....

that's why I rarely put hope on any talent from that region..... Aliyu Abubakar, Rabiu Ibrahim, Musa Mohammed, Shehu Abdullahi and even Malian Garba Lawal self....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:35am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
I shared your post. But I will only agree with you if Belgium calls up Dessers and he turns them down.

He already did
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2019
K. Nwakali and Yahaya, what's the difference? grin
Humility017:

now I get you...
because komekn for roast us alive should ROHR invite Yahaya...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2019
Belgium called up Dessers? I didn't read that news. Please share
Blueelf:

He already did
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

So many u and arsenal and tottenham have been better than city abi?

You no dey watch ball or you wan troll, abeg choose one cool

Your problem from time has always been that you don't read.....you already have a biased idea of what you think the person said and then you jump to conclusions.

I said you have been inconsistent this season. Did you see me mention or compare Man City to other teams?

Please grow up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
hmmmm prejudice
grin
I know that's what you will say ...

but that's kind of true....
I studied a bit of sociology back in school....
especially ethnography of various Nigeria ethnic groups.... and some other courses..

but to my knowledge... few of the individuals from the core north are barely ambitious...

many don't even care for a house.... as long as they have tools for shoemaking or doing maruwa and can construct a place to stay with zinc they are good to go...and don't mind have up to 4 wives and breed kids they can't even feed.

unlike the average south west espcially from ondo and ekiti where meritocracy and excellence is a watchword....
you'll see an electrician in this two states already bagged his MSc and has kick start his PhD.

the South east.... an Ibo man don't mind take years to learn from his master trade for years and when he starts you'll be surprised at the success he makes....
in the south east the women goes to school... more than the men and it stems from the colonial era... (please try get Nigeria people and culture ~ university of Benin GST222) and read it more..

we cannot shy away from this...the northerners preoccupation with political power and military etal has robbed them of the needed human capital development prequiste for regional growth.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You no go still go champions league grin
Even, if we didn't qualify for europe, we have beaten you. which is a satisfaction to me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2019
This writer opines that "Dessers admits he has a slim chance playing for Belgium".
Also take note that Dessers is uncapped at youth level.

Cyriel Dessers: Dutch league's leading scorer opts for Nigeria
By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, France

Heracles striker Cyriel Dessers admits he has never visited Nigeria but wants to play for the Super Eagles

Heracles striker Cyriel Dessers has revealed his desire to play for Nigeria at international level rather than his country of birth Belgium.

The 24-year-old, who was born in Leuven to a Belgian father and qualifies for Nigeria through his mother, is uncapped at youth level.

Top scorer in the Dutch Eredivisie with 11 goals, he was named the league's November Player of the Month after scoring six goals and producing three assists.

He admits he has a slim chance of playing for Belgium but reveals that his performance has caught the attention of Nigeria selectors and he is open to playing for the three-time African champions.

"There has already been contact with the Nigerian association. After the match against ADO Den Haag, the assistant from Nigeria sent me a message that I was doing well," Dessers told Belgian outlet Sporza.

"But that is not going to be easy either because there are 300 million Nigerians worldwide.

"I have never been to Nigeria, also because the political situation has not been so calm in recent years.

"The last year is only slightly better. I would like to go there and it would be twice as good to do that even if it's only to play a friendly game against Madagascar or Mauritius."

Regarded as a strong centre-forward and standing at a little over 6 feet tall, Dessers started his career at local Belgian side OH Leuven but only made a solitary senior appearance against Mons in March 2014.

He then joined local rivals Lokeren at the start of the 2014/15 season, where he enjoyed regular football and scored seven goals in 40 appearances across two seasons.

Dessers crossed the border to the Netherlands and joined second-tier side NAC Breda in the summer of 2016, helping the team to immediate promotion with 29 goals in 40 matches.

A spell at FC Utrecht led the towering player to Heracles this summer and his 13 goals in 16 appearances have brought praise from the fans and media back in Belgium.

--bbc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
K. Nwakali and Yahaya, what's the difference? grin

one is a carpenter and the other a brick layer...

that's the only difference for now....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:45am On Dec 08, 2019
Garba Lawal was a very industrious player in his playing days. Also Tijani Babangida still remains one of our best wingers till date. Please don't bring tribal stuff into this thread. I won't even bother reading all of your post.

Humility017:

grin
I know that's what you will say ...

but that's kind of true....
I studied a bit of sociology back in school....
especially ethnography of various Nigeria ethnic groups.... and some other courses..

but to my knowledge... few of the individuals from the core north are barely ambitious...

many don't even care for a house.... as long as they have tools for shoemaking or doing maruwa and can construct a place to stay with zinc they are good to go...and don't mind have up to 4 wives and breed kids they can't even feed.

unlike the average south west espcially from ondo and ekiti where meritocracy and excellence is a watchword....
you'll see an electrician in this two states already bagged his MSc and has kick start his PhD.

the South east.... an Ibo man don't mind take years to learn from his master trade for years and when he starts you'll be surprised at the success he makes....
in the south east the women goes to school... more than the men and it stems from the colonial era... (please try get Nigeria people and culture ~ university of Benin GST222) and read it more..

we cannot shy away from this...the northerners preoccupation with political power and military etal has robbed them of the needed human capital development prequiste for regional growth.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2019
lol
Humility017:

one is a carpenter and the other a brick layer...

that's the only difference for now....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Blueelf:

Your problem from time has always been that you don't read.....you already have a biased idea of what you think the person said and then you jump to conclusions.

I said you have been inconsistent this season. Did you see me mention or compare Man City to other teams?

Please grow up

You said I shouldn’t be the one taunting others team as we have been inconstitent ,but why can’t I taunt others teams that we are above them in the table ?

Can you even listen to your self ?

Broda as you still change your name from darkness to blue wey people go dey see you ,you still no get sense

If you no get sense for blueelf maybe Na redelf you go take get sense

Sense fall on you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2019
BARAJ92:
Even, if we didn't qualify for europe, we have beaten you. which is a satisfaction to me

Lol

I understand the feelings From a fan of a crappy team

Congrats for winning the I beat mancity trophy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

Lol

You don find trouble o

Now you don insult my tribe ,but I will forgive you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
Garba Lawal was a very industrious player in his playing days. Also Tijani Babangida still remains one of our best wingers till date. Please don't bring tribal stuff into this thread. I won't even bother reading all of your post.

the problem with you...is that you interpret everything from your parochial mindset...
was thinking I could engage in an intellectual discussion with you but failed...

you've no idea that happenings in the 60s,50s, 40s in each reguons and the country in a whole best interpret reason for our actions and the happenings today.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:

After humility go do like say Na him humble pass oo

I just dey look am sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:56am On Dec 08, 2019
komekn:

Wow !!! This is how you think.

I am surprised that you completely have no idea how this whole business works. Yet you being a lawyer should understand but you actually don't.

Now that's surprising.

A very good percentage of agents are actually lawyers.

I have not avoided your spurious presumptions birthed from lack of knowledge. Because to respond to them is to give them credence.

You are over stretching this lawyer thing. Lawyers are not supermen who know everything.

And it depends on one's area of law interest, practice or specialization.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:57am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol

You don find trouble o

Now you don insult my tribe ,but I will forgive you

thanks bro....
so sorry...
it wasn't an insult....

if you could look at it from another angle...
you'll see contentment... they're the most contended group and more straightforward folks we have in Nigeria....
they own their leaders strict loyalty who they see as demi gods...

this all can be traced back to the happenings in the 60s,50s etc which has gone to shape their lifestyle...it has internalised in them this principles...

then the colonial masters forbid the spread of education to the north because of the doctrine of Christianity being spearheaded by the missionaries who were in charge of education....
the caliphates system in the north was so well and it best suited their indirect rule tactics....and as such never wanted any briges on the already existing system and to create religious tensions...also the education being attained by the southerners made them so enlightened and grew to the point that some of them begin to challenge the colonialists and demand for self rule...

this was some of the paramout reasons for the low spread of education to the core north. ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

thanks bro....
so sorry...
it wasn't an insult....

if you could look at it from another angle...
you'll see contentment... they're the most contended group and more straightforward folks we have in Nigeria....
they own their leaders strict loyalty who they see as demi gods...

this all can be traced back to the happenings in the 60s,50s etc which has gone to shape their lifestyle...it has internalised in them this principles...

then the colonial masters forbid the spread of education to the north because of the doctrine of Christianity being spearheaded by the missionaries who were in charge of education....
the caliphates system in the north was so well and it best suited their indirect rule tactics....and as such never wanted any briges on the already existing system and to create religious tensions...also the education being attained by the southerners made them so enlightened and grew to the point that some of them begin to challenge the colonialists and demand for self rule...

this was some of the paramout reasons for the low spread of education to the core north. ...

Lol no wahala jare

Your points was understood
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2019
jihday:
You totally abandoned your movie review thread, really enjoyed your reviews

I've been thinking of returning to it, but I don't really have access to new movies these days. I haven't been to a cinema since May, and won't be in any, possibly till January or February.

However, if I can, I will drop a review for some 2019 movies before the year ends. Thanks for your words of appreciation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:11am On Dec 08, 2019
oga.. I can engage u on that in another section. let's talk about players abilities and leave tribe out of this section.

Humility017:

the problem with you...is that you interpret everything from your parochial mindset...
was thinking I could engage in an intellectual discussion with you but failed...

you've no idea that happenings in the 60s,50s, 40s in each reguons and the country in a whole best interpret reason for our actions and the happenings today.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

The thing is that Nigerians are afraid to acknowledge the reality of our existence. We are very ethno-religious in our biases, in our orientation and identity yet everybody tends to shy away from the issue. We have refused to be truthful and thats why we lumped ourselves up in this sickening Mish mash called 'one Nigeria' and hence we have remained stuck in one place.

Restructure the damn shit if not in a thousand years it would not make progress.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:

I've been thinking of returning to it, but I don't really have access to new movies these days. I haven't been to a cinema since May, and won't be in any, possibly till January or February.

However, if I can, I will drop a review for some 2019 movies before the year ends. Thanks for your words of appreciation
someone volunteer to take this lady out o! Reviews must resume
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2019
Thiago Messi killing it grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7907) (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) (7912) (7913) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.