Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,139 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12063191 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7906) (7907) (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) (7912) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:39am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Naija people love success so they will love AJ, i am glad he is not representing naija
Andrew, so, you like this, na failure dey call you for morning? You don't love success? Na people wey no make am, you dey like follow?

Please, these things you say are sometimes concerning, because you talk like someone who believes you deserve the worst things in life.

There is NOBODY that does not love success, including the oyibo people you seem to venerate so much.

If the Brits can claim Joshua because he is successful, why not we? If Naija sperm and ovaries did not come together to create him, if he did not grow up in a Nigerian home, where Britain for see am? Na so e easy reach to find great boxing talents, how many does Britain have and why can't they get another AJ with their great system?

If it was one nutjob that went on a killing spree, the Brits would be quick to tag him a Nigerian, would they not? One criminal that has never been to Nigeria and was born and bred in Britain, will be called a Nigerian, but we cannot identify with AJ that has been here multiple times and is even in an ENTIRE Glo advert, calling himself a NAIJA BOY.

Even the guy identifies with Nigeria, but you are here, telling us to go and find somebody else, because you think yourself undeserving of accolades.

This your mentality is very bad walahi, this thing you like to say about Nigerians identifying with success is disturbing. I know you think you're being funny, but e no funny again, I am now disturbed for you.

PS: Say person buy patent rights of an invention, does not make them the original inventors.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:51am On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:
Andrew, so, you like this, na failure dey call you for morning? You don't love success? Na people wey no make am, you dey like follow?

Please, these things you say are sometimes concerning, because you talk like someone who believes you deserve the worst things in life.

There is NOBODY that does not love success, including the oyibo people you seem to venerate so much.

If the Brits can claim Joshua because he is successful, why not we? If Naija sperm and ovaries did not come together to create him, if he did not grow up in a Nigerian home, where Britain for see am? Na so e easy reach to find great boxing talents, how many does Britain have and why can't they get another AJ with their great system?

If it was one nutjob that went on a killing spree, the Brits would be quick to tag him a Nigerian, would they not? One criminal that has never been to Nigeria and was born and bred in Britain, will be called a Nigerian, but we cannot identify with AJ that has been here multiple times and is even in an ENTIRE Glo advert, calling himself a NAIJA BOY.

Even the guy identifies with Nigeria, but you are here, telling us to go and find somebody else, because you think yourself undeserving of accolades.

This your mentality is very bad walahi, this thing you like to say about Nigerians identifying with success is disturbing. I know you think you're being funny, but e no funny again, I am now disturbed for you.

PS: Say person buy patent rights of an invention, does not make them the original inventors.

Lol

Anyway I don’t think you get where I am driving to thou

Hmm worst things in life ,we all know how we live our life out there sha ,this one Na faceless forum

I no no why you dey write this long epistle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:02am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Anyway I don’t think you get where I am driving to thou

Hmm worst things in life ,we all know how we live our life out there sha ,this one Na faceless forum

I no no why you dey write this long epistle
This is another fallacy people peddle on the internet.

First off, this isn't a faceless forum. You can put your face up, it is right there, but some of you would rather not attach your faces to your words, because you don't want anyone to identify you with the things you say on the internet. Whenever you want to be identified, you can post your picture right on your profile, of course, this option is not for the faint-hearted.

Secondly, what you say on the internet, reflects who you are, as in, your real self when nobody is watching. The you, you cannot afford to be in real life. The internet is your place of escape, it is more of your truth than you give it credit for. And while the entire you cannot be gauged from the internet, certain parts of you, can be gauged from it.

PS: The long epistle I wrote, is because you continually repeat those lines at every chance you get and I had to set you straight.

Good Morning.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:03am On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:

First off, this isn't a faceless forum. You can put your face up, it is right there, but some of you would rather not attach your faces to your words, because you don't want anyone to identify you with the things you say on the internet. Whenever you want to be identified, you can post your picture right on your profile, of course, this option is not for the faint-hearted.

Secondly, what you say on the internet, reflects who you are, as in, your real self when nobody is watching. The you, you cannot afford to be in real life. The internet is your place of escape, it is more of your truth than you give it credit for. And while the entire you cannot be gauged from the internet, certain parts of you, can be gauged from it.

Good Morning.

As I said earlier you don’t get where I was driving to okay

The internet is not my place of escape ,maybe you ,speak for who you are and not others

Good morning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

As I said earlier you don’t get where I was driving to okay

Good morning
tag me when you reach your destination, because you have been driving there for a long time now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:06am On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:
tag me when you reach your destination, because you have been driving there for a long time now.

Smiles

Why are you 2 serious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:
You totally abandoned your movie review thread, really enjoyed your reviews
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Wilder is a one trick pony. Poor boxer with a right hand.

Joshua can knock him out. He will fight a different fight against Wilder. He simply needs to knock out Wilder first

I'm not sure about a knockout, but AJ can certainly outbox him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:27am On Dec 08, 2019
You are right, he had a couple games in La Liga, but afterwards was relegated and active in La Liga II prior to his call up.

safarigirl:
Uzoho was in the first division, I can never forget. He had just played his first game for that his club in Division 1 and La Liga was asking Nigerians in pidgin, if we thought he had done well enough to earn a call-up. I think he played 3 games in La Liga before his call-up, prior to that his debut, dem been no even mention am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:37am On Dec 08, 2019
David Nwokolor has made the bench consistently for Rijeka this term. There is nothing wrong with trying him out. Cameroon's Fabrice Ondoa have been a regular benchwarmer in the Jupiler league although a starter in the past. There was a time he was even benching Onana of Ajax. You never know if you don't try him. I would try Nwokolor first before moving to div 2 keepers who are still in their teens. cc kog45

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:44am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
David Nwokolor has made the bench consistently for Rijeka this term. There is nothing wrong with trying him out. Cameroon's Fabrice Ondoa have been a regular benchwarmer in the Jupiler league although a starter in the past. There was a time he was even benching Onana of Ajax. You never know if you don't try him. I would try Nwokolor first before moving to div 2 keepers who are still in their teens. cc kog45

Agreed bro

I noticed but I don’t wanna talk about it

Don’t have the strength to go into gk arguement with anyone

I can say he is a better option than maduka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:52am On Dec 08, 2019
Some things just have to be said the way it is. I would even add that Tyronne Ebuehi is down the pecking order (still hasn't returned to form). I would even take a Musa Yahaya ahead of him as a RB at the moment. That said, Musa Yahaya needs to move to another league and try to reach his true potential as an AM.

andrewbaba44:

Agreed bro

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:

PS: The long epistle I wrote, is because you continually repeat those lines at every chance you get and I had to set you straight.

Good Morning.
exactly, this is not a faceless forum cos we all have the option to post pic on our profile. I dey wait for the day komekn go post his Pic here make we finally see his emotive bias face grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:55am On Dec 08, 2019
Maduka own na like academy player. But as komekn would say, he was given OPPORTUNITY. if you don't give a player opportunity, how would you know? The big question is who should be given opportunity first?
andrewbaba44:

Agreed bro

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:56am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
Some things just have to be said the way it is. I would even add that Tyronne Ebuehi is down the pecking order (still hasn't returned to form). I would even take a Musa Yahaya ahead of him as a RB at the moment. That said, Musa Yahaya needs to move to another league and try to reach his true potential as an AM.

Lol about musa yahaya

Tyrone ebuehi is not playing first team football let alone to return to form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:57am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
Maduka own na like academy player. But as komekn would say, he was given OPPORTUNITY. if you don't give a player opportunity, how would you know? The big question is who should be given opportunity first?

Maduka is already there to stay

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2019
ehen.. sentiments aside. Ebuehi was one of my favorite players when he made his debut, but we have to call a spade spade.
Yahaya at least has proved better than Kelechi Nwakali at club level. These players should not come near the SE conversation for now.

andrewbaba44:

Lol about musa yahaya

Tyrone ebuehi is not playing first team football let alone to return to form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2019
of course, OPPORTUNITY. It's just the way it is. I'm not against the player. But I believe in doing things the right way regardless of where a player is from.

andrewbaba44:

Maduka is already there to stay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:02am On Dec 08, 2019
Nikosia don't seem to be missing Uzoho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:

you will rather take a bench warmer in the crotian league over league two regulars in the Austrian and Isreali league

it seems you've forgotten how constant bench or what constant bench warming did to Uzoho prior the nation's cup.....
how he could not even hold the ball any longer.....

a goal keeper playing regularly in modest league is better than one warning bench in a rated league.......

goal keepers need regular game time to keep them sharp and agile....it builds their confidence......
I don't see anything with Rohr scouting both goal keepers especially the one in Isreal...he has been doing well lately with his club sitting 3rd on the league table....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
ehen.. sentiments aside. Ebuehi was one of my favorite players when he made his debut, but we have to call a spade spade.
Yahaya at least has proved better than Kelechi Nwakali at club level. These players should not come near the SE conversation for now.

where does Yahaya Play and how well has he played this season....
can you help us with stars?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:07am On Dec 08, 2019
guy follow the convo. These players are not SE materials based on current form. It was a comparison.

Humility017:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:11am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:

Almost everyone loves ebuehi

But musa yahaya is playing for Porto b

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:12am On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

Bros Na still Porto b
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13am On Dec 08, 2019
The question is what is the chance that those div 2 keepers would even make Rijeka's bench? Secondly, keepers are not easily subbed off in a game, else Nwokolor will be getting minutes here and there. If Nwokolor wasn't good enough he would be sent to Rijeka's academy team or farmed out to a lower level league. Then tell me he won't be getting minutes down there. A goalkeeper playing in a lower league is not necessarily better than a non playing keeper in the first tier. You can make an argument for match rustiness but don't use the word better.

modified
now you employ the word modest, that's not truthful considering this context. The Austrian div 2 or German 4th tier or wherever Maduka plays cannot be considered modest.

Humility017:

you will rather take a bench warmer in the crotian league over league two regulars in the Austrian and Isreali league

it seems you've forgotten how constant bench or what constant bench warming did to Uzoho prior the nation's cup.....
how he could not even hold the ball any longer.....

a goal keeper playing regularly in modest league is better than one warning bench in a rated league.......

goal keepers need regular game time to keep them sharp and agile....it builds their confidence......
I don't see anything with Rohr scouting both goal keepers especially the one in Isreal...he has been doing well lately with his club sitting 3rd on the league table....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:16am On Dec 08, 2019
I like Ebuehi too, but actually I like every player that performs. when your form drops, I drop you for another player that is performing better.
andrewbaba44:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:16am On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
The question is what is the chance that those div 2 keepers would even make Rijeka's bench? Secondly, keepers are not easily subbed off in a game, else Nwokolor will be getting minutes here and there. If Nwokolor wasn't good enough he would be sent to Rijeka's academy team or farmed out to a lower level league. Then tell me he won't be getting minutes down there. A goalkeeper playing in a lower league is not necessarily better than a non playing keeper in the first tier. You can make an argument for match rustiness but don't use the word better.

modified
now you employ the word modest, that's not truthful considering this context. The Austrian div 2 or German 4th tier or wherever Maduka plays cannot be considered modest.

Agreed

Jasper cillesen was warming the bench at Barca but still doing well while playing for the Dutch national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:20am On Dec 08, 2019
And where is Ebuehi playing?

andrewbaba44:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:27am On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Bros Na still Porto b

going by the words here....
that class is permanent and form is temporary I will prefer Ebuehi playing for Benfica under 23 to Yahaya
we all know what Ebuehi can do... he still has the skills and potentials only not on form and moreover the coach may not be disposed to him to play him just to help him regain match fitness.......

I will advise he go on loan next January not minding the Dutch league or even Belgium....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2019
I saw Messi's goals earlier today. Ronaldo must have been a super-human to give the god a good fight.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7906) (7907) (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) (7912) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.