Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988401 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:38pm On May 29, 2017
Chrismario:
Like I said earlier,,, the argument is coming grin

Hello forumites,,, if Mbappe is playing for SE. Our qualifier against S. Africa.

Who would you play between him and Iheanacho

Iheanacho is a wonderful player and this is not pulling down our own, but mbappe had shown more promise.

I rather play them both

you can't compare both to be honest

one is seeing game time while the other is not

iheanacho over mbappe anytime anyday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:38pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

hehehe but theSuperNerd counted all of them

Guys lets try to be civil. More debating less trash talk.Believe me I do love reading what both of u have to say on various topics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:38pm On May 29, 2017
And you are still trying to fuel it ba?? You better take off before I order Yara Yara to unleash my army of karate kids on you.... angry

Chrismario:

Hello forumites,,, if Mbappe is playing for SE. Our qualifier against S. Africa.

Iheanacho is a wonderful player and this is not pulling down our own, but mbappe had shown more promise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
And you are still trying to fuel it ba?? You better take off before I order Yara Yara to unleash my army of karate kids on you.... angry

grin grin
Oga mii

I'm on helmet tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
But you brought in Nacho first... Sir Omanbala1 just made a comment with respect to Nacho's transfer situation.

The "World player of the year" part was him being kinda overexcited... wink

But when you quoted him... you decided to bring in Mbappe and placed him side by side with Nacho... by so doing you were out to make Nacho Small and Mbappe Big..... you started the comparison.

And you can confidently say Iwobi is better than Rashford but won't say Iheanacho is better than Rashford abi?? And Rashford get goals pass Iwobi sef... Oga fear God abeg....

ofcourse I'd agree that Nacho's first season is currently better than Rashford's present season, I will stop there.

Iwobi is a midfielder so goals don't count, overall play matters. Lampard is one the highest scoring midfielders ever but he is not close to the top10 or maybe even top20 midfielders of all time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2017
Loogan:

It's honestly sad we have so called patriots like you..who is so blindly brainwashed by the European mentality to never appreciate any thing African...how can you say mbappe is more talented than iheanacho who is criminally underrated...yes they are both matured for their ages but you can't judge based on hype and stats..but you can tell the quality with your own very eyes, and I can confidently tell you iheanacho is different class...we all know that Africans don't get the deserved hype despite our sub-standard infrastructure, but even the epl cannot deny his quality as much as they try and hide i, you think if KC was British he would not be worth 50-60m Bro even people in other countries are starting to notice and cannot deny the quality we have....like someone calling Isaac success a world known exciting prospect a waste pipe..please get over your European obsession there is unbelievable talent in Nigeria all that needs work is the structure. The future is bright.

one at a time. Be honest, how many of Mbappe's games did you watch this season? And don't just say 7 or so, tell me the actual matches so I can ask you questions from his memorable showings in those games. You want to argue on talents alone without stats but you have only watched one of the two players? Judgement day is coming, fear God baba, fear God
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:47pm On May 29, 2017
Humility017:

thanks you made me know...
please let's stop that childish comparism
that A is better than B
players have different things to offer....
moreover they all grew in different environment and background... and subject to different development
so comparing them tends to neglect their uniqueness...
I have read your comments here where you loose it on Mikel, and onazi

this your assumption that I hate Mikel or Onazi is totally false.

And I agree I have lost it a few times because of Onazi but not because he is a bad player, but because a better player is on the bench because of him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:47pm On May 29, 2017
Ofcos you will stop there... because you just won't admit that Iheanacho is better than Rashford.... loooollll

But you can unequivocally say Iwobi is better than Rashford... wink

So now na overall play.... because you wan compare Striker and midfielder.... okay naa... kontinue...

make I leave this matter like this.... for now.

Mickael2:

ofcourse I'd agree that Nacho's first season is currently better than Rashford's present season, I will stop there.

Iwobi is a midfielder so goals don't count, overall play matters. Lampard is one the highest scoring midfielders ever but he is not close to the top10 or maybe even top20 midfielders of all time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2017
Humility017:

one thing I observe about that guy
is that he is someone that go any length to pull down his own...
he does not believe in his own even when it obvious to all how gifted they're..
I remember him ridiculing Mikel sometime ago...
he only knows formations and team strategies and not players potentials and talents...
I remember a tweet from a west ham..fan. he was so much joyful getting to know they wanna get such a clinical forward... and said £24m for such a forward is not a transfer but stealing ...he came too cheap.

It's the same iheanacho some English fans erroneously faulted Roy Hodgson then, for not inviting him to play for the 3 Lions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2017
Bia Mr Chris.... Your helmet will not save you.... I repeat it will not save you ooooo.....

Haven't you heard of the Iron fist technique? Hammer head techniques and Legs of steel? These are some of the skill sets of my young warriors.... if I unleash on them on you.... hehehehehe

next time you see my shadow... only my shadow... you go run.... angry

Chrismario:

grin grin
Oga mii

I'm on helmet tongue

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
**sights Sir TheGoodJoe at the door of the large house** cheesy

Aha!!!! Sir TheGoodJoe.... biko come on in joor.... I have missed you.... smiley.

Oya wey u run go? angry

What do you think about Nacho's possible move to west ham and Man city's buy back clause talk? wink

It is not my intention to stay away. I was involved in the Rivers At 50 celebration and it was hectic. It took lots of my time and left me exhausted most days. Glad I am back.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is not my intention to stay away. I was involved in the Rivers At 50 celebration and it was hectic. It took lots of my time and left me exhausted most days. Glad I am back.

Welcome back old chap. Hope u made time for fun?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2017
Awwwwwwwwn..... and he speaks to me first.... ntooorrr to y'all... ntooorrrrr.... hehehehehe..... grin

Ehen... welcome back My Good Sir.... Yara Yara have missed you too.... wink

And One sister came asking after you shaa... well.... told her you have been busy kinda. grin

Rivers at 50... hmmmm... must have been so engaged with lots of work... happy to have you back .... just in time ahead of page 1000.... wink

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
**sights Sir TheGoodJoe at the door of the large house** cheesy

Aha!!!! Sir TheGoodJoe.... biko come on in joor.... I have missed you.... smiley.

Oya wey u run go? angry

What do you think about Nacho's possible move to west ham and Man city's buy back clause talk? wink

If Iheanacho feels he has learnt enough under Guardiola, then he has my full blessings. Now it is time for the young football wonder to show us what he has learnt.

“Sometimes you have to push him to do it day in day out and now he is doing it.”

-Slaven Bilic (West Ham manager talking about his time coaching Victor Moses)

Bilic did a good job in his role horning Moses and I hope he does a good one with Nacho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:06pm On May 29, 2017
Chrismario:

Iheanacho, Mbappe would gas out after 30 minutes against African opposition and some skelemba boys would run him off the pitch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

welcome back Baba
we miss you, but see as Dem dey downgarde you boy NACHO, and only THESUPERNERD dey fight for am

RIVERS @50 omo hope you had overfilled fun

abedside it will our beloved thread own #@1000,

3pages to go!!!!!.......

#SHOUT-OUTTOEVERYBODYINDTHREAD
#WEALLSPEAKNIAJAFUTBALL
#ONELOVEYAALL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

If Iheanacho feels he has learnt enough under Guardiola, then he has my full blessings. Now it is time for the young football wonder to show us what he has learnt.

“Sometimes you have to push him to do it day in day out and now he is doing it.”

-Slaven Bilic (West Ham manager talking about his time coaching Victor Moses)

Bilic did a good job in his role horning Moses and I hope he does a good one with Nacho.

Let me start your comeback by totally agreeing with you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Welcome back old chap. Hope u made time for fun?

Not much but met lots of amazing, interesting and funny people. Both young and matured. It was worth it and gave a window into the lives of those who run the state.

Also, we got the chance to appreciate the Riverine culture on a different scale.

It was stressful but worth every bit if it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 29, 2017
safarigirl:
Iheanacho, Mbappe would gas out after 30 minutes against African opposition and some skelemba boys would run him off the pitch.

grin
Nacho Bae!
I don't expect opposite answer from you tho.

Where have you been, he missed you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:13pm On May 29, 2017
Iwobi is in camp.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

BascoVanVeli:

Let me start your comeback by totally agreeing with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2017
Nna eh.... na wa ooooo......

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:16pm On May 29, 2017
Loogan:

It's honestly sad we have so called patriots like you..who is so blindly brainwashed by the European mentality to never appreciate any thing African...how can you say mbappe is more talented than iheanacho who is criminally underrated...yes they are both matured for their ages but you can't judge based on hype and stats..but you can tell the quality with your own very eyes, and I can confidently tell you iheanacho is different class...we all know that Africans don't get the deserved hype despite our sub-standard infrastructure, but even the epl cannot deny his quality as much as they try and hide i, you think if KC was British he would not be worth 50-60m Bro even people in other countries are starting to notice and cannot deny the quality we have....like someone calling Isaac success a world known exciting prospect a waste pipe..please get over your European obsession there is unbelievable talent in Nigeria all that needs work is the structure. The future is bright.
Mbappe is more talented than Nacho. End of story. The guy has slotted seamlessly from youth football. Go watch his highlights at youth level and compare how he is now. Don't let patriotism blind you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2017
do4luv14:

welcome back Baba
we miss you, but see as Dem dey downgarde you boy NACHO, and only THESUPERNERD dey fight for am

RIVERS @50 omo hope you had overfilled fun

abedside it will our beloved thread own #@1000,

3pages to go!!!!!.......

#SHOUT-OUTTOEVERYBODYINDTHREAD
#WEALLSPEAKNIAJAFUTBALL
#ONELOVEYAALL

I am not ready to argue Nacho's quality. Mbappe had his run of games and showed he is quality. Nacho is about to get his and I have no doubt he will prove his top quality.

It is unfair judging Nacho negatively when he has not gotten a run of games in club football.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:21pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

oh no I am appreciating greatness oo but I don't over-appreciate it. Nacho wouldn't even break into the Monaco team at 19 years of age trust me, not an insult just the truth. And now you want to claim that Nacho is better than Gabby J? This is getting ridiculous
Don't know why this is so hard to accept. I said it when Pep first signed G Jesus that it was the end of Nacho but people on here said Nacho was a better number 9 and G Jesus would be played on the wing. Nacho is talented but we have to be careful not to overhype him like English fans do with their players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

Mbappe is more talented than Nacho. End of story. The guy has slotted seamlessly from youth football. Go watch his highlights at youth level and compare how he is now. Don't let patriotism blind you.

Judge Nacho after his run of games.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

Don't know why this is so hard to accept. I said it when Pep first signed G Jesus that it was the end of Nacho but people on here said Nacho was a better number 9 and G Jesus would be played on the wing. Nacho is talented but we have to be careful not to overhype him like English fans do with their players.

Twale baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2017
I predicted couple of pages back that Wolfsburg will stay up and they proved me right.... Congrats Osimhen... see you in the next bundesliga season (2017/18).... smiley
...................................................................................................

Osimhen Makes Cameo As Wolfsburg Finally Escape Relegation From German Bundesliga

German Bundesliga side Wolfsburg secure their top flight status with a slim 1-0 win over Eintracht Braunschweig which gave them a 2-0 aggregate win after winning the first leg 1-0 on Saturday.

A wonder goal from Veirinha in the 49th minute settled the tie in Wolfsburg favour and ensured they remain in the Bundesliga after winning both legs of their relegation/promotion play-off tie against second division Eintracht Braunschweig.

Super Eagles of Nigeria forward Victor Osimhen was introduced very late in the game as Wolfsburg looked to run down the clock, with the 18 year old coming on for Mario Gomez on the dot of regulation time.

He is now expected to leave Germany for the Super Eagles camp in France, where they will prepare for the upcoming AFCON 2019 Qualifiers clash with South Africa with a tune up game against Togo on the 1st of June.

Osimhen wasn’t the only Nigerian on show during the game as former youth international Suleiman Abdullahi was introduced by Braunschweig before the hour mark but he failed to help his side restor parity in the game.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/29/osimhen-makes-cameo-as-wolfsburg-finally-escape-relegation-from-german-bundesliga/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:27pm On May 29, 2017
safarigirl:

so you will start Iheanacho because Mbappe will gas out? Atleast you said the truth, but isn't that slightly hypocritical? I mean Iwobi gasses out after 60-65 mins at most but he still starts because of his quality, make una dey fear God ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2017
His run of games will surely come.... only that people still wanna use ligue 1 stats to dust EPL stats... very funny to me.

The EPL is far tougher than Ligue 1.... Only bundesliga and LA liga are technically higher in quality than the EPL. But the EPL is the most physical and most intense league on the planet. Possibly the toughest league too.

Ligue 1 is not in that class as good a league as it is.

TheGoodJoe:

Judge Nacho after his run of games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

this your assumption that I hate Mikel or Onazi is totally false.

And I agree I have lost it a few times because of Onazi but not because he is a bad player, but because a better player is on the bench because of him
pls who is d better player?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

U nailed it but wish Nacho prove Pep wrong at west ham.

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.