Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,256 members, 7,880,971 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (999) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12030794 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

Mbappe is more talented than Nacho. End of story. The guy has slotted seamlessly from youth football. Go watch his highlights at youth level and compare how he is now. Don't let patriotism blind you.

Wait so it is iheanacho who has not slotted in seamlessly, again you have to understand batshuayi was hot shit in marseille, came to Chelsea and barely saw minutes, ligue 1 and EPL is not the same thing..if iheanacho were in a team in a good competition like the champions league as a regular he would stun the world...what this boy has achieved as a youth in England experience epl strikers can only dream of...you think it's easy to have the best goal to game ratio in the history of epl and mind you he has scored quality goals in the UCL and for the SE all this without sufficient game time makes him proven in the eyes of epl bosses at just 21, let mbappe come and do what he has done then we can argue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:40pm On May 29, 2017
Loogan:

Wait so it is iheanacho who has not slotted in seamlessly, again you have to understand batshuayi was hot shit in marseille, came to Chelsea and barely saw minutes, ligue 1 and EPL is not the same thing..if iheanacho were in a team in a good competition like the champions league as a regular he would stun the world...what this boy has achieved as a youth in England experience epl strikers can only dream of...you think it's easy to have the best goal to game ratio in the history of epl and mind you he has scored quality goals in the UCL and for the SE all this without sufficient game time makes him proven in the eyes of epl bosses at just 21, let mbappe come and do what he has done then we can argue
Iheanacho would not have gotten into the Monaco first 11 at 18. Let's be honest!! Mbappe is one of the most talented 18 year old since R9, rooney and Messi. Nacho is talented, but Mbappe is just better

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41pm On May 29, 2017
Iwobi Arrives Eagles Camp In Style, Chelsea Aina Still Missing, Iheanacho Returns Tonight

The camp of the Super Eagles of Nigeria welcomed English FA Cup winner Alex Iwobi, who arrived their training base this evening Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Iwobi was an unused substitute as Arsenal defeated Chelsea 2-1 to lift the FA Cup on Saturday, and will take part in the team’s training session tomorrow morning ahead of their friendly game against Togo on the 1st of June.

However contrary to wide spread reports Chelsea teen full back Ola Aina is yet to arrive the camp of the team in France as at the time of filing in this reports, which puts his participation in the Togo friendly in doubt.

We also gathered that Kelechi Iheanacho who left the camp of the team on Saturday to sort out his future with Manchester City is expected back in camp tonight.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/29/iwobi-arrives-eagles-camp-in-style-chelsea-aina-still-missing-iheanacho-returns-tonight/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

Don't know why this is so hard to accept. I said it when Pep first signed G Jesus that it was the end of Nacho but people on here said Nacho was a better number 9 and G Jesus would be played on the wing. Nacho is talented but we have to be careful not to overhype him like English fans do with their players.

Please, Gabby has made some glaring errors in front of goal. He is not lethal in the box. What makes the young star Precious is his play outside the box. The way he drifts to the wings, drops deep to defend and connects with the midfield.

I personally feel we made a mistake not utilizing Nacho this season. He is out most lethal player upfront. Even Guardiola agrees. Manchester City created the most chances this season in the EPL but failed to bury loads. I have no doubt that Nacho in front of those chances would have improved our position on the table.

Guardiola said he wants to buy goals but here we are selling Nacho, a true definition of goals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:42pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

so you will start Iheanacho because Mbappe will gas out? Atleast you said the truth, but isn't that slightly hypocritical? I mean Iwobi gasses out after 60-65 mins at most but he still starts because of his quality, make una dey fear God ooo
Mbappe will gas out thirty minutes in, and will come off without a goal because the skelemba boys will ensure he won't even see the ball.

Iheanacho will at least drag ball with same boys until he scores or gives someone else to score. You think African football is about fancy footwork?

Mbappe will eat grass against SA.

The 60-65 mins Iwobi lasted against Senegal, na just God put am through, else, that pikin for faint for there, and that was just a friendly. Now, if that was a competitive match, na stretcher dem for use carry am comot from field

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43pm On May 29, 2017
Looollll.... Baseless Assumption.... Hahahahahahahahaha and you call this honesty? smh...

edi287:

Iheanacho would not have gotten into the Monaco first 11 at 18. Let's be honest!! Mbappe is one of the most talented 18 year old since R9, rooney and Messi. Nacho is talented, but Mbappe is just better

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
His run of games will surely come.... only that people still wanna use ligue 1 stats to dust EPL stats... very funny to me.

The EPL is far tougher than Ligue 1.... Only bundesliga and LA liga are technically higher in quality than the EPL. But the EPL is the most physical and most intense league on the planet. Possibly the toughest league too.

Ligue 1 is not in that class as good a league as it is.

It is time for the young man to make the most of it. It is Nacho time. I wish City and Nacho the best. It was a nice relationship that produced great fruits.

It is Nacho time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:45pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Please, Gabby has made some glaring errors in front of goal. He is not lethal in the box. What makes the young star Precious is his play outside the box. The way he drifts to the wings, drops deep to defend and connects with the midfield.

I personally feel we made a mistake not utilizing Nacho this season. He is out most lethal player upfront. Even Guardiola agrees. Manchester City created the most chances this season in the EPL but failed to bury loads. I have no doubt that Nacho in front of those chances would have improved our position on the table.

Guardiola said he wants to buy goals but here we are selling Nacho, a true definition of goals.
We agree G Jesus is better allround than Nacho. Besides, G Jesus is not that bad a finisher you are painting him out to be. Nacho is a better finisher but the difference isn't that big. G Jesus can create a goal out of nothing better than Nacho. That's obvious to anyone who has watched both extensively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:46pm On May 29, 2017
safarigirl:
Mbappe will gas out thirty minutes in, and will come off without a goal because the skelemba boys will ensure he won't even see the ball.

Iheanacho will at least drag ball with same boys until he scores or gives someone else to score. You think African football is about fancy footwork?

The 60-65 mins Iwobi lasted against Senegal, na just God put am through, else, that pikin for faint for there, and that was just a friendly. Now, if that was a competitive match, na stretcher dem for use carry am comot from field

You know all these. So why did you crucify Siasia for not starting Iwobi and Iheanacho against Egypt in Alexandria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:46pm On May 29, 2017
Kog45:
pls who is d better player?
Ndidi everyday of the week and twice on Matchdays
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:47pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Looollll.... Baseless Assumption.... Hahahahahahahahaha and you call this honesty? smh...

Baseless assumption how?? Only on this page have I seen people claim Mbappe isn't the real deal and overhyped when his performances proves otherwise. Mbappe is a more talented and better player than Nacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47pm On May 29, 2017
Comment of the week!!!!! See why I missed you.... wink

The bolded is the Truest Truth anyone have uttered today... I read and watched same interview on MEN and YouTube especially....

Pep says hia problem was goals, goals, goals... he said he wanna buy goals... But here he is selling 'Goals'.... Another name for Nacho is Goals.... no question about it... this not hype.. it is just the bloody truth... why is it so hard to see??!!!!

TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:47pm On May 29, 2017
Icon4s:

You know all these. So why did you crucify Siasia for not starting Iwobi and Iheanacho against Egypt in Alexandria?

they are shooting themselves and I am just monitoring them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:49pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Judge Nacho after his run of games.
You can tell how talented one is from the few moments they get on the pitch. Asensio doesn't play regularly, but whenever he plays for madrid, he plays well most of the time.
Nacho is talented but he simply is not a better player than G Jesus or Mbappe. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2017
Aside the adage that says they that compare themselves are not wise, I don't naturally like comparing individuals

Everyone is unique in their own way and contributes too to a team to the best of their abilities and how their respective team plays

Before I even try to place players side by side I start with the question do they play the same wing? Before a start looking at other factors such as their general contributions to overall performance of the team

Iheanacho and Mbappe are two great guys on their own merit.. Mbappe operates better from the wings as Pointed out by Mickael2 while Iheanacho thrives better from SS as Pointed out by BascoVanVeli if I remember correctly..

So how can the comparison go smoothly when they're not playing same position, same league and for the same team?

The conversation on this thread is awesome and I respect it a lot but this argument is just like a 9 in which two people stand at opposite direction one seeing a 6 and the other seeing a 9 both of them are correct from their own views and based on their parameters...

I agree that both of you are correct Thesupernerd and Mickael2 from your own view but me I'll love to have both of them in my team though to be destroying opponents

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is time for the young man to make the most of it. It is Nacho time. I wish City and Nacho the best. It was a nice relationship that produced great fruits.

It is Nacho time.

Nacho's argument has brought TheGoodJoe out. Welcome back.

So after Iheanacho signs for WestHam and City are to play West Ham with Iheanacho as the arrow man, which team will you support?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:49pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

and you know this how? I never knew Monaco is now Real Madrid or Barcelona level, it is just another team in the average league one.

Just because they put in a good UCL performance this season doesn't make the Monaco team extraordinary. You think Mbappe would have seen playing time in City?

Do you guys even reason why City has a buy-back clause for Nacho? When has City ever put a buy-back clause for their players? You think they don't know what Kelechi is capable of? You think they don't think he is of a high standard?

18-year old Kelechi already had an award for CAF Most Promising Talent, he didn't even need to score a UCL goal then to get such an award even though his predecessors were at least 6 years older. What has 18-year old Mbappe won apart from a ridiculous price tag?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2017
safarigirl:

you mean like Zaha was eating grass? Nawa o. This your assumption that African games are tough is downright ridiculous, why then did a European team win the World Cup on African soil? They for gas out na, Cameroon for win that tourney

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51pm On May 29, 2017
Who said he isn't the real deal? me?

I even suggest Mbappe stays one more year at Monaco before taking off to Real Madrid.... I see the lad at Madrid... or any of the big clubs.

But saying Nacho at 18 won't walk into Monaco's first team to lead their attack in ligue 1 is absolutely baseless and has no evidence for it.... it is just a fallacy. A "fact-less" statement.

And saying he is better is only a matter of mere opinion... looolll... assumptions everywhere. smiley

edi287:

Baseless assumption how?? Only on this page have I seen people claim Mbappe isn't the real deal and overhyped when his performances proves otherwise. Mbappe is a more talented and better player than Nacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:52pm On May 29, 2017
Icon4s:

So after Iheanacho signs for WestHam and City are to play West Ham with Iheanacho as the arrow man, which team will you support?

Hahaha

God help us if Kelechi scores 20 goals next season. We will learn how Pep training methods ('drills') made him score.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:53pm On May 29, 2017
Nna eh.... which kain question be this naa? Chief Icon4s... why you like to dey corner person like this eh? grin

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:53pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Who said he isn't the real deal? me?

I even suggest Mbappe stays one more year at Monaco before taking off to Real Madrid.... I see the lad at Madrid... or any of the big clubs.

But saying Nacho at 18 won't walk into Monaco's first team to lead their attack in ligue 1 is absolutely baseless and has no evidence for it.... it is just a fallacy. A "fact-less" statement.

And saying he is better is only a matter of mere opinion... looolll... assumptions everywhere. smiley

Not opinion, Fact. Anyone who watches both can clearly tell who is better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:54pm On May 29, 2017
Icon4s:

I dunno about Iwobi, It was Iheanacho's own that pissed me off for obvious reasons. I wanted Iwobi as a sub, not a starter. The criticism was for not playing them at all despite the fact that they put in a good shift for the first leg

Siasia did not even have decent players to fill in for them. Like someone said last year "Siasia go dey play boys wey suppose dey sell toothpaste inside traffic for field"

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

Ndidi everyday of the week and twice on Matchdays
Hmmm Ndidi but let see what Ndidi has to offer Eagles and we judge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2017
safarigirl:
and you know this how? I never knew Monaco is now Real Madrid or Barcelona level, it is just another team in the average league one.

Just because they put in a good UCL performance this season doesn't make the Monaco team extraordinary. You think Mbappe would have seen playing time in City?

Do you guys even reason why City has a buy-back clause for Nacho? When has City ever put a buy-back clause for their players? You think they don't know what Kelechi is capable of? You think they don't think he is of a high standard?

18-year old Kelechi already had an award for CAF Most Promising Talent, he didn't even need to score a UCL goal then to get such an award even though his predecessors were at least 6 years older. What has 18-year old Mbappe won apart from a ridiculous price tag?

Hahahahahahahah.

Ok first of all, we know this because Nacho cannot bench Falcao on current form, neither can he bench Jao Moutinho on the bench! Or maybe it's Lemar? That's ridiculous, Nacho wouldn't even be there.

Mbappe is definetly better than Sane so yeah he would be a sure starter for Man City without doubt and he is close to being better than Gabby J too.

How many players have Man City sold before? Man city still have a buyback clause on Negredo in fact so what are u saying?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2017
It is opinion. Not fact. Anyone who watches both can clearly see that there is no much difference in overall quality between the two players. Besides they both have their uniqueness too... Nacho is a player who possesses the brains of a no.10 with the feet of a no.9....

Mbappe is just a no.9.

Chikena.

edi287:

Not opinion, Fact. Anyone who watches both can clearly tell who is better.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

Isaac Success has played with a guy who's shirt is on Messi's wall but yet he says Nacho is the best he ever played with. Let me make myself clear Iheanacho would be top scorer in France by now.

21 goals for city no be beans o.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 10:59pm On May 29, 2017
Tonight this thread is so lit cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2017
Icon4s:

I am a City fan and will always support City. However, I will not feel sad if Nacho scores against us because of my high expectations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:00pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

you mean like Zaha was eating grass? Nawa o. This your assumption that African games are tough is downright ridiculous, why then did a European team win the World Cup on African soil? They for gas out na, Cameroon for win that tourney
you are confusing game and weather I think, hence your European team example.

Who did CIV play? Anybody who has watched African teams slug it out especially in qualifiers knows it is not for the weak-hearted. Tackles that will get you a card in Europe may be overlooked in Africa. Tackles that could get you a red in the World Cup, will get you a yellow tops here

Please, go back and watch the 2014 WCQ game of Senegal and Ivory Coast, then come and tell me if Mbappe or Zaha would have survived such an onslaught.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2017
King thank you.... Mbappe and Iheanacho are both in my Dream league soocer virtual team used oooo.... their twin combo na die oooo.... I have them both on my team. So I do respect The super talents of Mbappe. But deriding Nacho to make Mbappe look like a god is what I am not gonna take heading to page 1000.... grin

kingphilip:
Aside the adage that says they that compare themselves are not wise, I don't naturally like comparing individuals

Everyone is unique in their own way and contributes too to a team to the best of their abilities and how their respective team plays

Before I even try to place players side by side I start with the question do they play the same wing? Before a start looking at other factors such as their general contributions to overall performance of the team

Iheanacho and Mbappe are two great guys on their own merit.. Mbappe operates better from the wings as Pointed out by Mickael2 while Iheanacho thrives better from SS as Pointed out by BascoVanVeli if I remember correctly..

So how can the comparison go smoothly when they're not playing same position, same league and for the same team?

The conversation on this thread is awesome and I respect it a lot but this argument is just like a 9 in which two people stand at opposite direction one seeing a 6 and the other seeing a 9 both of them are correct from their own views and based on their parameters...

I agree that both of you are correct Thesupernerd and Mickael2 from your own view but me I'll love to have both of them in my team though to be destroying opponents
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

safarigirl's points on this are very valid.

Africa especially sub-Saharan Africa is a difficult place to play.

Aside the high humidity and hot temperature issues, we have one of the worst football pitches in the world.

They humiliate their opponents right from the airports to the hotels, practice pitches and more still match venues. It requires a player with tough mental strength not to feel dehumanized.

Also the tackles are hard combined with the bad pitches. A lot is wrong with football in this part of the world.

2010 WC was played under Winter conditions in SA and the rest of the Southern hemisphere.

SA provided the world with world class pitches. So the best team had to win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ikanium(m), Toylove and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.