Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:45 AM

Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy (29590 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Who Killed Isaac Adaka Boro? / Major Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro(Sep 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 1:11am On Aug 09, 2009
Onlytruth:

Ibime you are beginning to lose my respect here, and believe me you don't want to do that! No matter how deltans see Biafra or Aburi Accord, they were DELIBERATE [/b]actions of the [b]EASTERN NIGERIAN [/b]government. I still believe that the Accord could have served Nigeria veritably if not for the selfish and myopic leadership of other majority tribes (and some minority ones like Clark, [b]Enahoro and Saro wiwa). The war broke out because the Federal government decided by its own caprices not to implement the Accord. The war or Nigeria's years in the wilderness were all avoidable. Today everyone is clamoring for a SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE (whatever that means!). Clarify yourself or lose my respect for good.

I forgot Enahoro also kicked against the Aburi accord, but 45 years later, the man is busy campaigning for the same sovereign national conference as contained in Aburi.
You know, an honest man of his age would call the youngers around and tell them how mistaken he had been in the 1960s, and possibly advice them about making such mistakes again in the future.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 2:42am On Aug 09, 2009
Onlytruth:

Ibime you are beginning to lose my respect here, and believe me you don't want to do that! No matter how deltans see Biafra or Aburi Accord, they were DELIBERATE [/b]actions of the [b]EASTERN NIGERIAN [/b]government. I still believe that the Accord could have served Nigeria veritably if not for the selfish and myopic leadership of other majority tribes (and some minority ones like Clark, Enahoro and Saro wiwa). The war broke out because the Federal government decided by its own caprices not to implement the Accord. The war or Nigeria's years in the wilderness were all avoidable. Today everyone is clamoring for a [b]SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE (whatever that means!). Clarify yourself or lose my respect for good.

Calm down hombre. . . . no need to blow gasket. . .  grin grin grin. . . . the condescending Dede1 sought to prove Biafras "fair treatment" of minorities by highlighting that each town had an administrator from that town. . . .how charitable!. . . . although that proves nothing because even in the contraption called Nigeria, we still have administrators from our own towns.

Dede1's tries to use his example to prove "fair treatment". . . . but to me, the only "fair treatment" was that Ojukwu apply the same Aburi accord to Biafra as he wanted Nigeria to apply to himself. . . . If Igbos deserve Aburi Accord in Nigeria, then Ijaws deserve Aburi Accord in Biafra. . . . but Igbos would not even consider giving them their own state for minor decision making, talkless of devolving power completely ala Aburi Accord. . . . the double standard is there before God and Man to see.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 4:00am On Aug 09, 2009
Ibime:

Calm down hombre. . . . no need to blow gasket. . .  grin grin grin. . . . the condescending Dede1 sought to prove Biafras "fair treatment" of minorities by highlighting that each town had an administrator from that town. . . .how charitable!. . . . although that proves nothing because even in the contraption called Nigeria, we still have administrators from our own towns.

Dede1's tries to use his example to prove "fair treatment". . . . but to me, the only "fair treatment" was that Ojukwu apply the same Aburi accord to Biafra as he wanted Nigeria to apply to himself. . . . If Igbos deserve Aburi Accord in Nigeria, then Ijaws deserve Aburi Accord in Biafra. . . . but Igbos would not even consider giving them their own state for minor decision making, talkless of devolving power completely ala Aburi Accord. . . . the double standard is there before God and Man to see.

According to the consitution at that time, who had the power to grant, creat, approve, or divide the eastern Nigerian region into another state? Neither Okpara nor Ojukwu, or the Igbo people as like to call them had the power to single handedly creat another state out of their own region even if they had wanted to. So, why do you waste so much energy saying things that are false? Did you think that Yorubas in the west gracefully created the midwest? If you honestly answered the first question, the answer should and ought to put paid to this erronous impression you have been writting since the time of Adam and Eve.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by JomoGbomo2(m): 4:58am On Aug 09, 2009
I am less concern if this guy is anyone's hero or not even though the Isaac boro Park( named after him in Port harcourt) is where i find myself growing up. but the truth is that he made an impact maybe positive or negative.

What really touched me is that he made his impact at quite a young age (mid 20s to early 30s) trying to make nigeria great in his own best definition and thats why could be discussing about him being a hero or not using 9 pages in this particular thread.
The question i think we should be asking ourselves is how can we make an impact in this nation positively in what we strongly beleive in. Most of us replying to this thread are in the age group he was when making this gaint strides of his.

I think this is a challenge on we the Nigerian youth of today to make bold moves in what we beleive in especially good governance. Just think abt it.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2009
Become Rich,
Can I ask you a simple question? all them cut and past you just did on there, where they something you read up or something you know whole heartedly, cos it seems you have lost bearings here, who told you ONDO STATE has or produce more Oil the the Niger Delta States? plz stop fooling yourself and say only what you know,Fact is that the BONGA deep water acility operated by SNEPCO is thte largest Deep water rig we have in Nigeria,there are loads of Oil wells in Delsta,Bayelsa and Rivers, the state with the Highest turn Ova of Oil is Bayelsa Ok, go and do your research well, let me give you a simple example,SAPELE where i come from has up to 10 on land Oil wells and two flow station,You are talking about Deep water who export thier Oil solely,do you want to know the truth why ONDO is no termed Niger Delta,? it is fact that the Oil exploration in them areas has no direct impact on the people of the state,tell me if Im wrong, do you know what an Oil spill loks like or do you open your tap one morning and find out it is flowing with black sticky stuff? even Edo state was only labeled Niger Delta cos the have some inland Oil well betwen Oghara and Ologbo,Plz not the Nigerian Definition of Niger Delta is totally difrent from Dictionary version,thanks to the idiots we have in Power
Now haven said all tat crap,the Igbos are making noises about Biafra,the Housas are happy where they are,the SOuth are blowing up pipes saying the want resource control and wanting Niger Delta republic, what are the Yorubas or rather the West doing ?sit down and look? Una B follow follow? I will quote what Naijaking said and its a perfect answer to this
naijaking1:

Becomerich
Thanks for not pasting another mind boggling map yet.

Thanks to OBJ's first time as a head of state, he enacted the land reform act, which made it impossible for people to access oil in their own land.

Like the Hausas, you Yorubas just want to get the oil and go your ways. The reality is theat none of the major industrialized nations Japan, Britain, USA, France, Germany, etc controlled, sold, and abused oil economy like we do, so we're not going anywhere by these oppressive steps.
Why do you think Lagos, Ibadan, and Kaduna are more developed than the cities that actually produce oil?

thus as I hate to agree with him,I have to agree to this lil comment.WE NO KNOW WHERE UNA BELING, infact if you ever mention Niger Delta near Ondo,we go block una from comming down south for Good,infact, tell that Governor of yours to repair you section of the lagos benin xpress way first B4 comming here to yan crap
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2009
JomoGbomo2:

I am less concern if this guy is anyone's hero or not even though the Isaac boro Park( named after him in Port harcourt) is where i find myself growing up. but the truth is that he made an impact maybe positive or negative.

What really touched me is that he made his impact at quite a young age (mid 20s to early 30s) trying to make nigeria great in his own best definition and thats why could be discussing about him being a hero or not using 9 pages in this particular thread.
The question i think we should be asking ourselves is how can we make an impact in this nation positively in what we strongly beleive in. Most of us replying to this thread are in the age group he was when making this gaint strides of his.

I think this is a challenge on we the Nigerian youth of today to make bold moves in what we believe in especially good governance. Just think about it.
I Appreciate what you just wrote up there, trust me,I really do but you know what you just said are what people are trying to do but guess what as soon as you raise a voice and you are discovered to come from the Niger Delta you are labelled a MILITANT,man na smal PIKIN you go tell say you want to kill and he will stand and wait for you,you will defend yourself abi?truth is, we keep on recycling same old same old politicians who has nothing to contribute to the overall economy of this grate nation lol you wont believe it but the average age of them guys labelled militants are mid 20s forget what you see in the news or papers,make we wait and see what's gonna happen by next month if them idiots no bring back that University to PTI.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2009
You should be attacking Vanguard, not me. That's another case of misplaced priority. Funny, you don't want me to believe a reputable national newspaper(owned by a minority--I believe), but you want me to believe your small, and narrow minded theories about Nigeria
No, Vanguard is not Biafran owned.
Adaka Boro got what he deserved: death from his "Yoruba friends", disregard from his Hausa mentors, and dislike from his fellow eastern Nigerians.
And for you trying to re-write history by claiming Adaka Boro was a hero, you deserve shame/quote]

naiajking1 your so myopic in your views why should i attack vanguard newspapers were they the ones that clipped it on this thread, you did and now because everyone is exposing your lack of proper research your trying to hide for cover, and i never said vanguard was biafran owned i said maybe you got your information that adaka boro is no hero from one of those your biafran dailies sold only in the east, i can hold my head on high and say boro is a hero unlike your turncoat two-faced biafran weaklings ojukwu et al.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2009
You should be attacking Vanguard, not me. That's another case of misplaced priority. Funny, you don't want me to believe a reputable national newspaper(owned by a minority--I believe), but you want me to believe your small, and narrow minded theories about Nigeria
No, Vanguard is not Biafran owned.
Adaka Boro got what he deserved: death from his "Yoruba friends", disregard from his Hausa mentors, and dislike from his fellow eastern Nigerians.
And for you trying to re-write history by claiming Adaka Boro was a hero, you deserve shame/quote]

naiajking1 your so myopic in your views why should i attack vanguard newspapers were they the ones that clipped it on this thread, you did and now because everyone is exposing your lack of proper research your trying to hide for cover, and i never said vanguard was biafran owned i said maybe you got your information that adaka boro is no hero from one of those your biafran dailies sold only in the east, i can hold my head on high and say boro is a hero unlike your turncoat two-faced biafran weaklings ojukwu et al.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 09, 2009
@ibime

i am from olunwa compund my bro, and you made a mistake about okujagu and nduisi those are not compounds in amadi-ama okujagu is close to slaughter area and they are the owners of azuabie town while nduisi is another name for ogan ama, amadi ama is composed of seven compounds, olunwa, amadi, koko/josiah, worianime and aluko,ogbanga,tubobereni and iringe compounds, and please amadi ama boys are not terrorists, its the same problem that was faced by boro that is still staring at them today and we have buried our hatchets with our abuloma brothers.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 10:55am On Aug 09, 2009
babasoty:

@ibime

i am from olunwa compund my bro, and you made a mistake about okujagu and nduisi those are not compounds in amadi-ama okujagu is close to slaughter area and they are the owners of azuabie town while nduisi is another name for ogan ama, amadi ama is composed of seven compounds, olunwa, amadi, koko/josiah, worianime and aluko,ogbanga,tubobereni and iringe compounds, and please amadi ama boys are not terrorists, its the same problem that was faced by boro that is still staring at them today and we have buried our hatchets with our abuloma brothers.

Thanks for reminding me. . . . I was confusing Ndibuisi and Tubobereni compounds. . . . I remember that TuboBereni used to use jazz during the football tournaments. . . or so they told us. . . .  grin. . . I left that area when I was ten years old so my memory is not sharp. . . . I also grew up in Olunwa Compound. . . . Olunwa Estate to be precise. . . .
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2009
Thanks for reminding me. . . . I was confusing Ndibuisi and Tubobereni compounds. . . . I remember that TuboBereni used to use jazz during the football tournaments. . . or so they told us. . . . . . . I left that area when I was ten years old so my memory is not sharp. . . . I also grew up in Olunwa Compound. . . . Olunwa Estate to be precise. ./quote]

which of the olunwa estate, is it vivian olunwa estate, or the nemi estate because i am from olunwa family for tubobereni using jazz nahhhh dont think so.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2009
babasoty:

which of the olunwa estate, is it vivian olunwa estate, or the nemi estate because i am from olunwa family for tubobereni using jazz nahhhh dont think so.

Nah, not Nemi. . . . Nemi was our next door neighbour with his big rotating satellite dishes. . . grin. . , Nemis nephew, Tonye was also my compadre in school . . . . It must be Vivian Olunwa. . . . I am sure you know Idua, Furo and Abiye
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 09, 2009
nemi is my uncle, idua is in texas, furo is married same with abiye and tekena while boma is late who exactly are you cus i know everyone that stayed there.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2009
babasoty:

nemi is my uncle, idua is in texas, furo is married same with abiye and tekena while boma is late who exactly are you cus i know everyone that stayed there.

Yeah, I know Idua is in Texas. . . . I spoke to him on hi5. . . . my sisters were very sorry to hear about Boma. . . . you must know my sister Joanna. . . .
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2009
@ibime
then you must be micheal, i know your sis joanna and whats the other ones name with your brother your cuz sotonye ogan is my buddy, he broke my arm at staff school abuloma.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2009
babasoty:

@ibime
then you must be micheal, i know your sis joanna and whats the other ones name with your brother your cuz sotonye ogan is my buddy, he broke my arm at staff school abuloma.

hehehehe. . . . you done catch me. . . . is this Isebie?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2009
@IBIME

nahhhh its not isebie we are all cousins but no worry guess hard if you see my face you'd know me but lets stick to the alias here, how are you been a long time you guys left. stay blessed
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2009
babasoty:

@IBIME

nahhhh its not isebie we are all cousins but no worry guess hard if you see my face you'd know me but lets stick to the alias here, how are you been a long time you guys left. stay blessed

Alright bro. . . . Joannas married to one of our Ogoni brothers and they have a daughter. . . everyone else is cool. . . . all finished education and working, including Izzy. . . . BTW, Im not surprised that Sotonye broke your arm. . . if not for Sotonye, I would have never learnt to fight  cheesy
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2009
Dede1:

@na_so

You are indeed a misguided fellow.

I hope you are not under immense pressure to function in this your self-appointed role of trying to hide the truth. You can still make your point without sounding abusive you know?

Dede1:

@na_so

You are indeed a misguided fellow. As I said in my previous post, what was termed as Niger Delta by the British as indicated in your post is not the same as the present Niger Delta created by the lunatic and political idiots roaming the jungle called Nigeria.

As for the Shell D’arcy crude oil exploration in southern protectorate and Nigeria, I suggest you perform additional reading.

This man dey make me laugh. chei.  grin grin grin

Please as the "historian" of the house kindly explain the makeup (demograhic and geographic) of the Niger delta as designed by the british and explain how the Ijaws were not major players?

You have consitently made attempts at denying what is glaringly true at every occassion. It is either  a case of mischeavously  understating the returns from crude oil at the start of the civil war , or that  the Akassa war of 1895 being as a result of elimination of Ijaw middlemen in palm produce trade  and the actual producers being Ibos.

At some point you have maginified the drops of oil found in Owerri and Ikot ekpene  before it was discovered in commercially viable quantity in oloibiri. Then used this unsuccesful oil exploration activities in owerri as a platform to  ask  " where were the ijaws and Boro when oil was struke in Owerri?"  No one is fooled.

You are really working hard to sell this your theory of economic depedence of the ijaws on ibos before crude was discovered.

You are really very funny but note that all this mass of unrelated historical tales, can not derail me from my points in this discuss. Which are:

1. Adaka Boro to Ijaws is (if not more than) what  Ojukwu is to the Ibos. If Ojukwu is the HERO of ndigbo, same applies to Boro in Ijawland.

2. Before crude  oil was discovered Ijaws have a rich history of economical viable agro based activities. Hence were not economically reliant and  that at best the Ibos were economic partners.

In your response kindly highlight parts of my posts you have a problem with . This will make it easier for better clarification.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ibime:

Calm down hombre. . . . no need to blow gasket. . .  grin grin grin. . . . the condescending Dede1 sought to prove Biafras "fair treatment" of minorities by highlighting that each town had an administrator from that town. . . .how charitable!. . . . although that proves nothing because even in the contraption called Nigeria, we still have administrators from our own towns.

You are becoming uncontrollably ridiculous. Please get a handle of yourself. Ojukwu did not go to Aburi in order to negotiate terms for the Ndigbo. Rather Aburi summit was primarily between Nigeria and Biafra. During the period of summit in the Ghanaian town, Gowon and his ethnic group of Angas did not represent the cesspit called Nigeria. By the same token, Ojukwu’s stance in Aburi was not for Ndigbo but Biafra. The last time I checked though, Biafra represented the defunct eastern region of Nigeria.

Please Ibime, provinces are not towns or cities. Provinces are sub-regions that comprise many municipalities designed to enhance and bring the process of administration closer to the people. The administrators listed on my previous post were men of intellect, means and substances, well educated by every meaning of the word; education, well respected individuals with professional markings and men who could not be fooled by the sugar-coated gist that turned less stable individuals into deluded bunch.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by akigbemaru: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2009
erico2k2:

Now haven said all tat crap,the Igbos are making noises about Biafra,the Housas are happy where they are,the SOuth are blowing up pipes saying the want resource control and wanting Niger Delta republic, what are the Yorubas or rather the West doing ?sit down and look? Una B follow follow? I will quote what Naijaking said and its a perfect answer to this

Yorubas are peace keeping as you know na where we stand.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2009
na_so:

I hope you are not under immense pressure to function in this your self-appointed role of trying to hide the truth. You can still make your point without sounding abusive you know?

This man dey make me laugh. chei.  grin grin grin

Please as the "historian" of the house kindly explain the makeup (demograhic and geographic) of the Niger delta as designed by the british and explain how the Ijaws were not major players?

You have consitently made attempts at denying what is glaringly true at every occassion. It is either  a case of mischeavously  understating the returns from crude oil at the start of the civil war , or that  the Akassa war of 1895 being as a result of elimination of Ijaw middlemen in palm produce trade  and the actual producers being Ibos.

At some point you have maginified the drops of oil found in Owerri and Ikot ekpene  before it was discovered in commercially viable quantity in oloibiri. Then used this unsuccesful oil exploration activities in owerri as a platform to  ask  " where were the ijaws and Boro when oil was struke in Owerri?"  No one is fooled.

You are really working hard to sell this your theory of economic depedence of the ijaws on ibos before crude was discovered.

You are really very funny but note that all this mass of unrelated historical tales, can not derail me from my points in this discuss. Which are:

1. Adaka Boro to Ijaws is (if not more than) what  Ojukwu is to the Ibos. If Ojukwu is the HERO of ndigbo, same applies to Boro in Ijawland.

2. Before crude  oil was discovered Ijaws have a rich history of economical viable agro based activities. Hence were not economically reliant and  that at best the Ibos were economic partners.

In your response kindly highlight parts of my posts you have a problem with . This will make it easier for better clarification.

If you felt offended by the statement I made in my previous post, I respectfully tender my apology. I was humorously and amusingly bent when I wrote the statement.

You have maintained a clean debate even though your facts have left much to be desired.

For a starter, the delta created by the Rivers Benue, Niger, Imo, Anambra, Urashi and Utamiri popularly referred as Niger Delta covers the area with rough estimate of 23,000 square miles. 

I am trying very hard to discern the areas in the present day Bayelsa State that encouraged mere subsistent farming. There was a time Borokiri was a mosquito-infested useless swamp. I repeat I had traveled to Yenegoa when the community was under water. The only cultivatable lands within the eastern Nigerian coastline are found inland from maybe Okirika to rich soils of Igbo land, Ibibio, Annang and some part of Efik land.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2009
akigbemaru:

Yorubas are peace keeping as you know na where we stand.

lol typical answer of a yoruba man lol is cool, now you preach peace, where in NIgeria do you find peace eh, ain that Old testament,Plz tell me what peace you are seeking here, that Nigria should remain asit is or everyone find thier level as we say it here in ND or I dont kno sha enlighten me a bit.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by SapeleGuy: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2009
naijaking1:

I forgot Enahoro also kicked against the Aburi accord, but 45 years later, the man is busy campaigning for the same sovereign national conference as contained in Aburi.
You know, an honest man of his age would call the youngers around and tell them how mistaken he had been in the 1960s, and possibly advice them about making such mistakes again in the future.

There is a clear pattern to your pronouncements, blame Boro, blame Enahoro, blame everything that moves so long as you don't have to be honest with yourself.

On the issue of Aburi can you please tell us what Ziks position was or what he did to defend the terms of the conference when these were reneged?

Stop blaming history and seize the initiative. The challenge you need to deal with is how you can be relevant in todays society?

Adaka Boro did what he could in his day, what are you doing today?

PS. The crisis that is referred to in your evidential article, was not a physical crisis or war. In fact it was similar to the difference of opinion that you will find at ohaneze or any other meeting where divergent views exist. But I'm sure you already know this.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2009
Dede1:

You are becoming uncontrollably ridiculous. Please get a handle of yourself. Ojukwu did not go to Aburi in order to negotiate terms for the Ndigbo. Rather Aburi summit was primarily between Nigeria and Biafra. During the period of summit in the Ghanaian town, Gowon and his ethnic group of Angas did not represent the cesspit called Nigeria. By the same token, Ojukwu’s stance in Aburi was not for Ndigbo but Biafra. The last time I checked though, Biafra represented the defunct eastern region of Nigeria.

I think you are being facetious here. . . . the Aburi Accord devolved power to Biafra alright, but gave no power to the nation-states that make up Biafra. . . . again, I will remind you that it gave power to the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani. . . . full stop. . . . within Biafra itself, Ndigbo vehemently resisted the devolvement of power away from Enugu. . . . the Wa-Zo-Bia chess games NEVER took into account power-devolvement to the "minorities" within their region. . . . .if we consider that the smallest tribe in the old Rivers State was Ogoni with more than half a million people, do you not think that half a million people deserve power devolvement?. . . . and the Ijaw nation is 10 million strong. . . .so what makes you think that Igbos with 20 million deserve devolvement, but 10 million Ijaws do not?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2009

i guess every one of the igbo's supported the aburi accord right ? hmmmmm funny guy you only try to throw points when it suits you deluded mind, so tell me did your owelle zik really support it.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ibime:

I think you are being facetious here. . . . the Aburi Accord devolved power to Biafra alright, but gave no power to the nation-states that make up Biafra. . . . again, I will remind you that it gave power to the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani. . . . full stop. . . . within Biafra itself, Ndigbo vehemently resisted the devolvement of power away from Enugu. . . . the Wa-Zo-Bia chess games NEVER took into account power-devolvement to the "minorities" within their region. . . . .if we consider that the smallest tribe in the old Rivers State was Ogoni with more than half a million people, do you not think that half a million people deserve power devolvement?. . . . and the Ijaw nation is 10 million strong. . . .so what makes you think that Igbos with 20 million deserve devolvement, but 10 million Ijaws do not?

I told you in my previous post that desperation is setting into your plank of argument. Please for sake of clarity, where did you plug the number of 10 million that you claimed represented numeric strength of Ijo people in the defunct eastern Nigerian? Even the combination of Ijo as citizens of both Nigeria and Ghana would not amount to10 million.

I hope you are still normal because most of the permanent secretaries that accompanied Gowon to Aburi were Ijo. It is cool to hear from you that during the summit in Aburi, Ijo people were neither Nigerians nor Biafrans.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2009
Dede1:

I told you in my previous post that desperation is setting into your plank of argument. Please for sake of clarity, where did you plug the number of 10 million that you claimed represented numeric strength of Ijo people in the defunct eastern Nigerian? Even the combination of Ijo as citizens of both Nigeria and Ghana would not amount to10 million.

I hope you are still normal because most of the permanent secretaries that accompanied Gowon to Aburi were Ijo. It is cool to hear from you that during the summit in Aburi, Ijo people were neither Nigerians nor Biafrans.

I hoped I would not have to explain to an esteemed Septagenarian such as yourself in layman terms.

Eastern Region is a contraption, so do not ever pretend that anyone at Aburi was representing the Ijaws by proxy of representing the Eastern Region. . . . .that would be the height of arrogance and dishonesty.

Even so, I am not talking about Aburi Accord per se. . . .the premise of Aburi was not applied to Biafra. . . simple. . . .

In simple terms, Eastern Region wanted devolvement from Nigeria, and Ijaws wanted devolvement from Eastern Region which Ndigbo always fought against. . . .the contradiction is quite obvious for all to see. . .

Finally, yes, the Ijaw population is over 10 million. Ijaw population in the old Eastern Region would easily exceed 5 million. The same size as Scotland.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2009
naijaking1 or dede, answer my question if you people claim Isaac boro was a criminal.

Is Ojukwu(igbo) a criminal or a hero?

Is mandela a criminal or hero?

Is fighting for someone right in a system that is corrupt make you a criminal?  

Where in Nigeria would you get Justice? Is it from census fraud and election rigging by the government of Nigeria? Or the police that would kill you for less than 0.20 cent USA?

Or do you get Justice from corrupt judge who if he refused to please the government the government would hold his salary for 2 years?
Since the police is corrupt in nigeria, and the government is corrupt in nigeria and the justice system is corrupt ? Dont you know this is the reason people carry arm?

Take for example Yar adua and national assembly, even after his govt have seen the satellite pictures of nigeria instead of correcting the Injustice done to the yorubas, what are they doing.  everyday they lie they are reviewing the constitution. This are men who are liar. It does not take you 2 and half years to start to review a constitution. It tell you you have leaders who are not ashame to be know as criminal and liars and it is time to change them.

Is a man who is a governor and rob his state or local govt or federal govt of the money, a politician or criminal?
Are all your leaders not criminal, the bible says , he without no sin, let him cast the first stone. None of your leaders has the right to call Isaac Boro a criminal. He was only fighting for the right of Ijaw people.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2009
Naijaking, i would show you the location of bonga and Ehra oilfield in ondo state. With picture. Bonga and Ehra are south of ondo state. you can do the find yourself by calling mobil number on the website . they would tell you where the Oilfield is.

The problem is many nigerian are uneducated about geography and oilfield location. And the international laws that rules where this oilfield and country boundary his. But you know nigeria govt is use to telling lies and paying peter to rob paul. even Ekeremore in bayelsa state should be in delta state. Nigeria is about cheating . it make people sick.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 9:02pm On Aug 09, 2009
Dede1:

@Ibime

I seek the truth and am courageous enough to face it no matter how bad in turns out. It is my understanding that the minorities in the defunct eastern nigerian government (which you called a contraption) were well represented in the Biafran government. I also think that the situation at Aburi was at best Ad hoc and most likely would have been revised within Biafra (after successful secession or confederation). This is hypothetical though, but it could be logically deduced to be a likely outcome because Biafra or eastern region was desperate for cohesion and unity.

My hunch tells me that if Biafra had won the war, that all the bad blood in the minorities of the delta would not have materialized or endured. Biafra was a product of extraordinary and precipitous sets of circumstances. Though Nigerians (including those who opposed Biafra) may never admit it, Biafra was the best attempt so far to create a real nation out of that space called Nigeria which Awo called a mere geographical expression (which it remains today!).

People should call a failed attempt at greatness just that. They should not become cowards peddling all manner of lies or half truths just to distance themselves from the failure. Unfortunately that is what most people do. History is too unforgiving towards such people. Asari Dokubo (an Adaka  Boro of our day) is now regreting the role some Ijaw (maybe Boro) played in Biafra. Now, if an active Ijaw miltant can see things this way today, it means he has more reliable information (after years of "Boroism" and other militant philosophies) to admit that there is a need for a change of strategy and that Boro might infact be wrong. Whether he is a hero or a villian is left to the Ijaws to decide.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2009
@Ibime

Baring the shameful and disruptive personal shenanigan staged at Kaiama by delusional Adaka Boro, Ijo people in the defunct eastern Nigeria were in cohort on every decision taken in then eastern region of Nigeria. Remember that Ijo son held the position of regional minister of justice and attorney-general. 

@Becomrich
I have no interest in either erecting hero or criminal figures. But I could recognize one when I see it. There are laws of the land and those who contravene such laws are indicted based on felony or misdemeanor charges. Anybody that is convicted under the circumstances of due process of the law and sentenced to certain terms of imprisonment is a criminal regardless of the prevailing conditions. 

I hope the above statements could be of help to you in deciding whether Ojukwu or Mandela was a criminal or hero.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.